AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-03-07, 17:20   Link #5301
cyberdemon

Why is the 6th user in the meeting? As far as I remember, deku has yet to awaken his quirk. Or maybe he has but hasn’t realized it. Like it’s a passive quirk that will only activate under certain conditions.
Old 2021-03-07, 23:56   Link #5302
Random14

Based on the chapter, sounds like due to the direct contact and clash with AFO they're all "awake" now, at least for this meeting.

Fascinating to hear that it sounds like OFA can only really reach its full potential if its passed onto a quirkless, just that most of the previous ones died early so they never had a chance to realize this before. That and there aren't many people without quirks anymore. I think it was 1/5 of the world population by now? And most of those people are probably old by now so yeah, they're out. Well, unless having your quirk stolen (or suppressed?) counts too (depending on those theories about that doctor).

So yeah, this makes OFA sounds like an even heavier burden now (it'll speed the aging of anyone with a quirk, and not like Deku can just run around to try to find someone else born quirkless). Well, that is if AFO doesn't kill them first too.

I like chapters like this, focusing on the background, though too bad after this its probably onto Deku and talk no jutsu. Well, more Nana screentime doesn't hurt, too bad the internal All Might doesn't seem to talk much, but then he's always been an exception.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-08, 15:04   Link #5303
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Why is the 6th user in the meeting? As far as I remember, deku has yet to awaken his quirk. Or maybe he has but hasn’t realized it. Like it’s a passive quirk that will only activate under certain conditions.
Yeah, that is rather curious..... especially considering the 2nd and 3rd's faces are clearly turned away from Deku. I suppose this means the 4th's quirk isn't the only only one he'll start training once he wakes up.....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-08, 17:49   Link #5304
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, that is rather curious..... especially considering the 2nd and 3rd's faces are clearly turned away from Deku. I suppose this means the 4th's quirk isn't the only only one he'll start training once he wakes up.....?
Maybe it will turn out to be a healing quirk that will take effect once he regains consciousness.

Thinking about it, deku being quirkless might have been the reason that he caught the attention of afo’s doctor. If he too realized that quirkless individuals could hold more quirks then he might have been intending to use Deku in his high end experiments once he matured more but all might got to Deku first. Or because they recognized it, they were keeping an eye on all quirkless as potential future ofa users. Or even as recipients for afo. That they went with Shimura who has a quirk, and the overall lack of quirkless individuals, makes me think they had their eyes on Deku as afo’s successor.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2021-03-08 at 18:00.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-08, 23:15   Link #5305
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Based on the chapter, sounds like due to the direct contact and clash with AFO they're all "awake" now, at least for this meeting.

Fascinating to hear that it sounds like OFA can only really reach its full potential if its passed onto a quirkless, just that most of the previous ones died early so they never had a chance to realize this before. That and there aren't many people without quirks anymore. I think it was 1/5 of the world population by now? And most of those people are probably old by now so yeah, they're out. Well, unless having your quirk stolen (or suppressed?) counts too (depending on those theories about that doctor).

So yeah, this makes OFA sounds like an even heavier burden now (it'll speed the aging of anyone with a quirk, and not like Deku can just run around to try to find someone else born quirkless). Well, that is if AFO doesn't kill them first too.

I like chapters like this, focusing on the background, though too bad after this its probably onto Deku and talk no jutsu. Well, more Nana screentime doesn't hurt, too bad the internal All Might doesn't seem to talk much, but then he's always been an exception.
Not to mention people born quirkless becomes rare, which in this case, like Deku. Deku was born quirkless while his parents are possessing a quirk.

It makes me thinking of AFO and OFA may have the same side-effect. Tomura already looks old in my sight, probably the side effect of his natural quirk and recent augmentation to inherit AFO.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-09, 02:21   Link #5306
Lex79

Yeah, Deku is definitely going to use Power of friendship to save Shigaraki. I hope this will be after he gives him a good beating at least.
Old 2021-03-09, 03:16   Link #5307
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Deku : I am going to save Shigaraki because he need in help ignoring the fact he has murdered countless innocent people.

Horikoshi : this so touching I bet many people heart will be touched in this line.

Editor : yeah you are genius.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-09, 09:05   Link #5308
Twi

Yeah, because because that worked so well in Naruto. What with allowing the body snatchers, necromancers, and chief causes of just about every problem/death in the series just get off. I swear, if you want people to believe them to be redeemable, why make them so heinous in the first place?

Gentle, you can forgive and redeem. Shiggy actively murders gleefully before he got bodyjacked.
Old 2021-03-09, 10:13   Link #5309
SidVicious
Anime addict

Good or bad, heroes save people.
Old 2021-03-09, 10:41   Link #5310
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
Good or bad, heroes save people.
Tell that to Hawks, the hero who mercilessly slaughtered the villain he considered to be a "good" person....
Old 2021-03-09, 19:15   Link #5311
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Yeah, because because that worked so well in Naruto. What with allowing the body snatchers, necromancers, and chief causes of just about every problem/death in the series just get off. I swear, if you want people to believe them to be redeemable, why make them so heinous in the first place?

Gentle, you can forgive and redeem. Shiggy actively murders gleefully before he got bodyjacked.
It actually did work well in Naruto. He even managed to talk one of villains into killing himself to resurrect all the people from his village.
Old 2021-03-09, 19:54   Link #5312
Ramero

Talk about ideology... I remember that Naruto's resolve and desire to be so is stronger than him, and he also didn't wish to kill Pain from the start.

If Deku can be like that, he needs a support unit aside from Uraraka. Though I'm looking forward for a healing quirk person that was around the same age as Deku. Bakugo is like, ah... let him act alone.
Old 2021-03-11, 06:20   Link #5313
marvelB

It's that time again:

Spoiler for 305:
Old 2021-03-11, 08:10   Link #5314
grecefar

Pffff hahahaha this is hilarious, well I'll just keep reading spoilers and don't hold my breath with this.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-11, 08:24   Link #5315
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
It's that time again:

Spoiler for 305:
Spoiler for :
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-11, 19:57   Link #5316
Ramero

People who watch Naruto could expect Deku will do unthinkable for them, unless the author did otherwise.
Old 2021-03-11, 20:36   Link #5317
Ligerleon89

Deku's still a kid for the most part. So killing Shigaraki while it may stop him, it takes a lot of resolve to take a life. Defeating while sparing him takes a similar effort of resolve. Before even either of the two becomes a possible option, Deku's first priority is to recover and get information on what's happened after the fight. And he still has to master his powers long enough to still be a match before he even gets to Shigaraki.
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-11, 21:10   Link #5318
Galaxian

Spoiler for :
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-12, 12:50   Link #5319
silenceblade

Shigaraki has so much power and killed countless people that it is unreasonable to try saving him. The damage would be unimaginable if his action is left uncheck. This is the same reason why Hawk killed twice.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-12, 17:39   Link #5320
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceblade View Post
Shigaraki has so much power and killed countless people that it is unreasonable to try saving him. The damage would be unimaginable if his action is left uncheck. This is the same reason why Hawk killed twice.
If there is a chance that Shigaraki can be saved, then Deku must risk it. If not, then putting him out of misery is the only option.

Deku already said that there is a certain possibility that he must be killed, but that doesn't mean the chance to rescue Shigaraki to be closed entirely. If Shigaraki can redeem himself, it's better.

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot