AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-05, 03:40   Link #21
scififan

The story reminds me about the manga called Again! The protagonist is moving to the next stage of his life, but he suddently relives his past regretful love life. If he knew, he would do things differently.

The scene of Godzilla versus Ultraman is funny. In Sentouin, Ultraman is called grasshopper super hero.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-05, 11:31   Link #22
GDB

Enjoying this so far. Kind of reminds me of Pet Girl of Sakurasou, but with a more serious tone. And some unexplained time travel, don't worry about it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-06, 01:20   Link #23
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I like that they didn't rush him back too fast. If it had been almost immediately after things went bad the first time it wouldn't have felt right. Not enough time to really empathize with him before the guy somehow gets a time travel fix. At least with this he really put his soul into things and was doing his best out there. So when he gets a divine break it feels more appropriate.

Of course doesn't mean everything will be perfect. All the time travel he wants won't prevent stupid management or rivalries from getting in the way. But at least he's got a better chance. Plus there is the cute girl aspect to it all which is a bonus .

Kawasegawa is an interesting person to be sure. She was top notch in class and technically did pretty well considering where she ended up. But even then she didn't exactly have a happy result considering where things were before the MC went time traveling. The big project she was part of got taken down due to infighting and wasn't able to do much for her staff including the MC. Will be interesting to see if he can do much to help her out.

At least they are keeping things pretty weighty for the MC. Going back in time isn't a cure-all. Which makes sense. Just going back in time into a place he never ended up going to isn't going to be easy. He'll have to give all he has in order to get on a path he wants to travel down. Still, he's on the right track. Along with the incredibly high odds that he's rooming with that legendary group he looked up to. And the girl he likes is undoubtedly his favorite artist. Although the biggest thing came later in the episode when she eased his worries a bit. True enough the MC like plenty (including myself) can get caught up in obsessing over what others have that they don't. It's easy to ignore what you can do and underrate that.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2021-07-06 at 02:00.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-06, 02:11   Link #24
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I don't know how old any of you fellow anime viewers are, or what industry/line of profession you do. But, if you have ever wondered/wished that you had a time machine to go back and do it all over again, this anime seems to resonate best with that idea. I can say for myself that I've had this thought so many times. If only there was a time machine, I would have done X, or pursued Y, and be at a different place in life compared to what I am now. Life is full of choices, and ultimately decisions that can change one's livelihood. The caveat is that one has to have the built up knowledge and experience in order to utilize the time machine correctly, because without knowing what you need to change, going back in time would be useless.

I really like the approach of how they did the time travel, and then the discovery upon discovery of each of the other characters' attributes/traits/skills etc. No doubt after Shinoaki was discovered to be one of the Platinum members, that the other two housemates are for sure going to also be members. It's already impressive to see her raw skill and I can't wait to see the others' as well.

It's great that the MC got his time travel wish, but as he slowly began to realize, his prior experience offers no real advantage. He himself has to make the most of his second chance, because he's up against strong competition. He has to work exponentially harder than his housemates just to keep up.

I'm in awe of the female art school teacher/director. She issued a challenge to all the students to work hard because the stats are staggering. Why work in an industry that is not necessary for basic survival? In my first year, I had zero professors in university start the semester with this line of realistic guidance. Not one mentioned what types of jobs were out there, and the money you could make. All they cared was reciting the material from their textbooks, which is a shame.

I hadn't noticed the length of the episode, so when the first ending credits rolled and a couple of new scenes played out, I thought it was a post credit scene, but the episode kept going! Wow...50 minutes is quite a long time, but I think it was a good way to tie in and establish everything in the first episode (rather than split into two episodes and having viewers wait a week). I'm liking the fan service, but I'm actually more interested in seeing how they handle the development of all the characters from their college days in 2006, to the present in 2016.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-06, 13:21   Link #25
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
I don't know how old any of you fellow anime viewers are, or what industry/line of profession you do. But, if you have ever wondered/wished that you had a time machine to go back and do it all over again, this anime seems to resonate best with that idea.
Uhh, no. If I had a time machine to go back, I would use my knowledge of the future to go buy stock and other gambling (not really "gambling" at this point, perhaps) methods, win big, and become super-rich, and then support whatever I wanted.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-06, 13:33   Link #26
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Uhh, no. If I had a time machine to go back, I would use my knowledge of the future to go buy stock and other gambling (not really "gambling" at this point, perhaps) methods, win big, and become super-rich, and then support whatever I wanted.
Well of course. That happened with Biff in Back to the Future and anyone in the real world would do the same as you. I'm just saying for the context of this story and recreating the career path and choices the MC had to make, he's gotten a golden opportunity to do it right the way he wanted to.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-06, 21:28   Link #27
Alchemist007
*Author

If the world operated on a proper communist ideology, perhaps. In the real world, money is success. If he wanted skills, he can have them in the present as well....with money. I think maybe redoing relationships and connections to people is something he has another shot at.
Old 2021-07-07, 12:30   Link #28
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Not many people could remember what stock to buy to make a killing if they went back 10 years, especially if they were 18 at the time, not unless it was something like Amazon or Netflix, not to mention stuff like winning lottery tickets. That's not even getting into stuff like having the money to invest in those things in the first place.

Almost everyone can think of things like a path they wished they had taken, especially when it comes to college.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-07, 14:28   Link #29
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
If the world operated on a proper communist ideology, perhaps. In the real world, money is success. If he wanted skills, he can have them in the present as well....with money. I think maybe redoing relationships and connections to people is something he has another shot at.
So, success is money? The first episode clearly showed he was skilled, so not sure what you are getting it.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2021-07-07, 17:04   Link #30
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
So, success is money? The first episode clearly showed he was skilled, so not sure what you are getting it.
Getting the right connections also might be considered a skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Not many people could remember what stock to buy to make a killing if they went back 10 years, especially if they were 18 at the time, not unless it was something like Amazon or Netflix, not to mention stuff like winning lottery tickets. That's not even getting into stuff like having the money to invest in those things in the first place.

Almost everyone can think of things like a path they wished they had taken, especially when it comes to college.
MC clearly recalled a popular baseball player from the future, that implies he's got enough knowledge about baseball match outcomes.
Old 2021-07-07, 20:42   Link #31
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Honestly that part might've just been the real world of mismanagement.
Old 2021-07-07, 20:56   Link #32
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Honestly that part might've just been the real world of mismanagement.
Yeah, I think they were trying to paint the protagonist as skilled, but it ended up being funny seeing every single employee of the company relying on the newcomer so much.

Old 2021-07-08, 00:16   Link #33
scififan

Quote:
Yeah, I think they were trying to paint the protagonist as skilled, but it ended up being funny seeing every single employee of the company relying on the newcomer so much.
His first job is at a small company, which was common for many start up companies without any recognition yet. Those game companies found selling ero games as a way to make quick money. I don't think you are interested about the history of Janapense game industry. In short, you might be surprised to learn some big names used to make ero games. About the staff and their skills, they have to do a lot of things in a small company. The writer of Kanon is also the music composer. The writer of Yu-No is said to have to spend time to code C++. The protagoinist's company could not susptain its operation due to poor sale.

His second job is to work at a big company. However, his depertment is considered the unwanted child by the company management. The department does not get the required staffs to do the technical work. His experience in a small company somehow fills the job. The project is back on track, and promises to success. However, the company politic decides that the project should be canceled.

When he goes back in time, he realizes that the department head and he are both freshmen in the same college.

Last edited by scififan; 2021-07-08 at 00:35.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-08, 13:13   Link #34
HandofFate

His experience made him able to do a lot of menial tasks very well. But since he never learned the fundamentals of any of the actual making skills, he wasn't able to find success in any higher field aspect he tried to go into.
Old 2021-07-08, 14:47   Link #35
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
His first job is at a small company, which was common for many start up companies without any recognition yet. Those game companies found selling ero games as a way to make quick money. I don't think you are interested about the history of Janapense game industry. In short, you might be surprised to learn some big names used to make ero games. About the staff and their skills, they have to do a lot of things in a small company. The writer of Kanon is also the music composer. The writer of Yu-No is said to have to spend time to code C++. The protagoinist's company could not susptain its operation due to poor sale.

His second job is to work at a big company. However, his depertment is considered the unwanted child by the company management. The department does not get the required staffs to do the technical work. His experience in a small company somehow fills the job. The project is back on track, and promises to success. However, the company politic decides that the project should be canceled.
Umm, Maeda? I think everyone knows that he makes music. That's like literally the only thing people still compliment about him these days.

If you are talking about Maeda, I am very curious about this "surprising" list of people that made eroge. I'd love to be surprised, but my hopes are low.

Old 2021-07-08, 15:58   Link #36
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I like that they didn't rush him back too fast. If it had been almost immediately after things went bad the first time it wouldn't have felt right. Not enough time to really empathize with him before the guy somehow gets a time travel fix. At least with this he really put his soul into things and was doing his best out there. So when he gets a divine break it feels more appropriate.

Of course doesn't mean everything will be perfect. All the time travel he wants won't prevent stupid management or rivalries from getting in the way. But at least he's got a better chance. Plus there is the cute girl aspect to it all which is a bonus .

Kawasegawa is an interesting person to be sure. She was top notch in class and technically did pretty well considering where she ended up. But even then she didn't exactly have a happy result considering where things were before the MC went time traveling. The big project she was part of got taken down due to infighting and wasn't able to do much for her staff including the MC. Will be interesting to see if he can do much to help her out.

At least they are keeping things pretty weighty for the MC. Going back in time isn't a cure-all. Which makes sense. Just going back in time into a place he never ended up going to isn't going to be easy. He'll have to give all he has in order to get on a path he wants to travel down. Still, he's on the right track. Along with the incredibly high odds that he's rooming with that legendary group he looked up to. And the girl he likes is undoubtedly his favorite artist.
And the other girl, Nana, is almost certainly N@na. I don't know how obvious the third guy's identity is because I don't remember either of his names, but well.

Quote:
Although the biggest thing came later in the episode when she eased his worries a bit. True enough the MC like plenty (including myself) can get caught up in obsessing over what others have that they don't. It's easy to ignore what you can do and underrate that.
He's better at adulting than they are, which makes sense, but I'm not sure how helpful that'll be to get a paying job as a creative. OTOH, he's, in a sense, just an 18 years old freshman, so he has time to acquire more skills.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-08, 17:55   Link #37
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

You know, MC can make a decent producer if he puts his shit together.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-08, 19:05   Link #38
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
You know, MC can make a decent producer if he puts his shit together.
This has (mature) Pet Girl of Sakurasou vibes all over it. I fully expect the MC to either become a producer or a company President, with his skill being that he can rally those with talent (which he conveniently has from the future) and produce great works.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-08, 19:13   Link #39
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

His superpower is competence and work ethic, which I think kind of makes for an interesting dynamic when he's surrounded by artistic geniuses.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-08, 23:36   Link #40
HandofFate

The series hits me so close. I'm about the same age as the MC, and he goes back to my time period when I was in college, and I totally get the life crisis he's experiencing, and the part in the middle of the first episode when he thinks he found his foot in, and then the department gets scraped.

His feeling of defeat was painful.

And as many said, seems like a more serious Pet Girl of Sakurasou, I'm looking forward to this each week.

Quote:
If you are talking about Maeda, I am very curious about this "surprising" list of people that made eroge. I'd love to be surprised, but my hopes are low.
I feel there's actually a much bigger list of VAs that start off or done eroge or hentais than realize. Curious how many current favorites VAs had a start in a hentai under a different name.

Tags
drama, romance