AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-12-09, 06:12   Link #281
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^That's possible. But if that's the case, I wonder why it is. Is that torturer guy from the Hasas and is infiltrating the Shah's palace? Or is there some other explanation? I hope we find out soon.
Old 2021-12-09, 17:05   Link #282
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
^That's possible. But if that's the case, I wonder why it is. Is that torturer guy from the Hasas and is infiltrating the Shah's palace? Or is there some other explanation? I hope we find out soon.
I would like to see that explained in Ch. 59. But this still seems a little too convenient to me.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-10, 07:50   Link #283
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Are you thinking it might be a trap of some sort? Like maybe either Gil or the torturer is tricking Kai?
Old 2021-12-10, 12:26   Link #284
Mazryonh

Quote:
Are you thinking it might be a trap of some sort? Like maybe either Gil or the torturer is tricking Kai?
No, I just think that Gil's "recovery" from the torture was too easy; either the torturer was in on a plan from the start and didn't torture Gil to the point of long-lasting mental illness, or the author just pulled a minor "Deus Ex Machina" and made Gil immune to the mental aftereffects of extensive torture. I hope something approaching a reasonable explanation comes in Ch. 59.
Old 2021-12-11, 09:54   Link #285
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Your first option is in line with my speculation that the torturer could've been on the Hasas's side from the beginning, isn't it? It could even be that the torturer never really tortured him and just made it look like he did.
Old 2021-12-21, 12:51   Link #286
Morilinde

New chapter. so we got a new empire showing up(the Koenig empire) which is a nation 5 years old but the old powers semm to be fearful of them. Maybe nation run by Marebitos? Oh and Kxyle finally got to suck Shiera's breasts
You think you have defeated us? You think you have defeated the Master's Chosen? Your efforts are for naught, Prince! We are Domini! I am Domini! We are ethereal! we are eternal! We will fight until the heavens burn and the skies fall
Morilinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-23, 15:29   Link #287
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morilinde View Post
Maybe nation run by Marebitos?
That would be interesting to see, but it's doubtful that this new Koenig empire is such a place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morilinde View Post
Oh and Kxyle finally got to suck Shiera's breasts
I still don't know why Kai had to blow his own cover like that. The God-curse is supposed to be his secret weapon. Showing it off like that makes him a very big target for those who want to take him out.

Oh, and how Gil got away without being tortured coming down to a chance meeting earlier on seems too convenient to me. Maybe it was down to censorship? Maybe the artist wasn't allowed to draw scenes of torture? Then again, this is the timeline in which Redo of Healer aired mostly uncut.
Old 2021-12-28, 10:47   Link #288
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Why are you so hung up on Gil not getting tortured being too convenient? Are you thinking it might be a trick? I really don't think it's a trick.

I do think Kai showing his transformation to the Shah this early on might be a mistake, but maybe he has a good reason to do this (at least I hope he does).

I wonder if he was able to convince the Shah to escape? And what exactly does he have in mind to allow her to do so unscathed?
Old 2021-12-28, 17:53   Link #289
Mazryonh

Quote:
Why are you so hung up on Gil not getting tortured being too convenient? Are you thinking it might be a trick? I really don't think it's a trick.
Mainly I think it's a missed opportunity for drama. Torture and the aftereffects thereof are a serious thing in real life.

Quote:
I do think Kai showing his transformation to the Shah this early on might be a mistake, but maybe he has a good reason to do this (at least I hope he does).
Kai seems to have a bit-too-convenient of a talent for successful improvisation, which seems to be a bit "Mary-Sueish" to me. Yes, he showed the Shah that the legends surrounding the God-curse are true. But how does that benefit her?

Quote:
I wonder if he was able to convince the Shah to escape? And what exactly does he have in mind to allow her to do so unscathed?
It's common for "castle under siege" stories like these for the castle or other fortified building in question to have a secret escape route. My guess is that there is one for the Shah's castle that leads out to water. However, because the water route is under observation, they'll be using Shiera's ability to grant the gift of water-breathing to allow the Shah to escape underwater until they get far enough away to a safe shore.
Old 2021-12-28, 18:06   Link #290
DragonOsman
Dragon King

But only Kai has the ability to breathe underwater when he's using Oceanos' power, so they'll have to either find a way to cover everyone else under something that lets them breathe underwater or get Kai to use his top speed so the trip only takes a very small amount of time.

I don't know how it benefits her to know the legends are true, either.
Old 2021-12-28, 23:10   Link #291
Mazryonh

Quote:
But only Kai has the ability to breathe underwater when he's using Oceanos' power, so they'll have to either find a way to cover everyone else under something that lets them breathe underwater or get Kai to use his top speed so the trip only takes a very small amount of time.
I thought that Shiera could grant water-breathing ability with a kiss, or maybe I'm misinterpreting a panel from a recent chapter when Kai and Shiera were knocked into the water, drifted underwater for a while and ended up infiltrating the Shah's city almost by accident.

Quote:
I don't know how it benefits her to know the legends are true, either.
That's just the "make sure you read the next chapter" bait. It's practically a ritual now for this series. Let's just hope that the author actually takes the time to explain it well, because Kai is not in his rational mind while in the God-cursed state.
Old 2022-01-02, 10:33   Link #292
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Do you really think she'd kiss the Shah? I'm thinking this is something she'd only ever do for Kai. But I could be wrong--or maybe there's a way to do it without kissing. It could even be that only the one who uses her God Curse power can breathe underwater if she kisses them. We'll see.

I agree about the author taking the time to explain about why the Shah needs to know, and other stuff that Kai may be thinking.
Old 2022-01-02, 18:22   Link #293
Mazryonh

Quote:
Do you really think she'd kiss the Shah?
If Kai asks her to, who knows? But I bet the author has something planned that won't fit our hypotheses. I was wrong last time.

Quote:
I agree about the author taking the time to explain about why the Shah needs to know, and other stuff that Kai may be thinking.
There's "keeping a mystery entertaining," and "needlessly dragging out the mystery," and this author is starting to lurch into the latter territory. Fanservice can only keep a plot interesting for so long.
Old 2022-01-22, 04:07   Link #294
Morilinde

New chapter and things are escalating quickly: the Dhala army is leaving, the Nomads are more bloodthirsty then before and the Sha's guards are demoralized. And oddly enough it seems as if Captain Victorious and Kai are getting along rather well. And Aldia just showed herself to somehow prevent the coming calamity. LEt's see how this will turn out. While Kai alone can certainly be seen as a 1 man armybut he alone might not be enough. Maybe his "peace making" a few chapters back with the nomad soldiers will help somehow.
You think you have defeated us? You think you have defeated the Master's Chosen? Your efforts are for naught, Prince! We are Domini! I am Domini! We are ethereal! we are eternal! We will fight until the heavens burn and the skies fall
Morilinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-22, 11:25   Link #295
tsunade666

.... I feel that there is still one major twist here. Can't trust the captain to be honest.
Old 2022-01-22, 18:23   Link #296
Mazryonh

Aldia regaining her memories this chapter seemed a little too easy for me. Or maybe the author is being told by the ones in charge to hurry things up since the previous arc dragged on too long. Then again, this chapter didn't have much happening in it, because most of it was just the characters talking in the Shah's chambers.

The build-up is proceeding apace, but I would like to think the payoff will be worth it because dragging out longer will just lose the readers' interest.
Old 2022-01-25, 12:29   Link #297
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Like we thought, Aldia is an Ambrosia carrier. I wonder if she'll join Kai's harem now, though first her engagement with that Rahu will somehow have to be broken off (and I really don't think the Nomad tribes will take well to her doing that).

I'm glad Aldia's memories returned, but it might have been too easy like Mazryonh said. I do think the way they came back was interesting, though.
Old 2022-01-25, 14:11   Link #298
Mazryonh

Quote:
Like we thought, Aldia is an Ambrosia carrier. I wonder if she'll join Kai's harem now, though first her engagement with that Rahu will somehow have to be broken off (and I really don't think the Nomad tribes will take well to her doing that).

I'm glad Aldia's memories returned, but it might have been too easy like Mazryonh said. I do think the way they came back was interesting, though.
If Aldia just falls for Kai right then and there, then that'll be a serious sign of laziness on the part of the writer and make the story less believable. Every other "waifu" in this series at least took some time to fall for Kai, for reasons that are more or less believable. Aldia doing so instantly would be breaking the pattern.

As for Aldia's "engagement with Rahu," correct me if I'm wrong, but I got the impression that "Rahu" is the ancient god of the Nomads, and that Aldia's "marriage" to Rahu might not be altogether . . . pleasant? Like "bloody human sacrifice" levels of unpleasant?

I mean, we have no idea whether or not the Nomads ever had actual contact with honest-to-goodness Marebitos who could actually use their Ambrosia-bearers' Ambrosia (the story so far has painted these Isekai'd humans from Earth as being exceptionally rare). So the "marriage" ritual might be greatly changed from its original form, perhaps perverted into something distinctly unpleasant for both the "bride" and the "groom."
Old 2022-01-25, 14:19   Link #299
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Good points.

I'm also interested in seeing the interaction between Victorious and Aldia--especially if the latter knows that the former plotted her assassination. Plus I also want to see how she'll be with Kai now that she knows he's with Albion (though I'm also waiting for her to find out that he's just using Grey's name).
Old 2022-01-25, 16:52   Link #300
XFire
150% done

Wait did Aldia fully recover from her amnesia just then? I thought she just got some flashes back from seeing the transformation and decided to wing it since the situation was looking bad.

In fact I was kinda hoping for that since I want to see Kai having to help someone else bullshit their way through a persona like he did

Tags
disguise, harem, industrial revolution, milk-powered, oppai