AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index III - Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 3 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 5.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 33.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 11.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 11.11%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-04-06, 06:20   Link #21
WingedAccelerator

I don't see people mentioning that SAO can have 4-cours to adapt 10 volumes, while Index had to adapt 9 in 26 episodes. How come both are Dengeki titles, yet obviously there is a clear bias towards SAO. Blame Dengeki for sitting on the main series for 7.5 years only to come up with this brilliant idea to quickly finish the rest of OT. Even Durarara!! had the luxury of having 36 episodes in 3 split-cours after 6 years of nothing... Don't blame everything on J.C. Staff.

Last edited by WingedAccelerator; 2019-04-06 at 08:24.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-06, 06:29   Link #22
Side-streetdog

They really cut a lot
I don't know what to say. If it isn't Toaru series that I wait so long I would drop it long time ago
I couldn't even watch the whole episode anymore as I won't understand story from just anime anyway

I'm a bit horrify what Railgun and Accel anime might become
But as I know Railgun likely do only Daihaseisai arc and Accel just has only material for 1 arc
They wouldn't have problem with reduce scenes, they might even have filler episodes

Now I just wonder how they will put Liberal Arts City arc or they will just ignore it
Old 2019-04-06, 06:41   Link #23
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
2/10

...This was horrible. What is really sad is that up until I watched this pile of s***, my impression of JC Staff is
"At worst, something average"

Which really makes me wonder what went wrong here. I personally think what happened is that they wanted to make anime of a bunch of spinoffs, so they used this 3rd season as a scapegoat of sorts.
No mystery here, they rushed it way too much. I'm not sure if it's because they wanted to do New Testament and needed to go through this, or because they wanted Railgun and Accelerator, and thought people would riot of they didn't get this as well, but it clearly didn't get the time and effort it deserved.

Quote:
Audio
So why did they change the SE of Imagine Breaker? Did some new guy come into the staff and say "I'm soooooo much beeeetttteiiierrrr at making SE. Let's replace the old ones with my sexy jet engine SE!"
I really hope we hear a reason for this at some point. I hope someone asks.

Quote:
Okay, I know the original LN is pretty bad too,
The LN is fine, again the thing was rushed.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-06, 08:55   Link #24
tsunade666

wtf did I watch!!! disaster. at i feel that at least it was animated didn't justify enough on how bad it turn up to be.

the final episode is full of disjointed scenes that doesn't make much sense. it's the as the platform that touma and fiamma stepping on. like really, whose stupid enough to do that。 there is no flooring to run on. I was like, did kamijou just fly!!

ugh..... I also picture the scene with misaka with the star of Bethlehem crumbling and not that scene of just standing, facing each other.
Old 2019-04-06, 11:10   Link #25
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
Anyone here can guess what was Touma trying to say to Index before he destroyed her controller?
Touma tells her about his memory loss (more explicit in the books) to which she replies it doesn't matter as long as he comes back safe.
However by that moment she already was well aware of it thanks to the magical control device: what Fiamma learns it will be shared with Index, and what Index knows it's shared with Fiamma.
That's how he found out, he joined the pieces and discovered Touma's secret. Fiamma then merely accused Touma of being a liar back at Elizarina country.
Edit:
That's what make Touma's character development part during this arc, he went to save her from Fiamma's but then is terrified at the thought of Index leaving him for deceiving her(unfounded fears nonetheless).

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2019-04-06 at 11:26.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-06, 17:11   Link #26
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Watching the various MADs of this season's volumes on Nico/YT from years back was a much better experience than this)
I see I'm not the only that did that after this season ended and found it a better experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
I don't see people mentioning that SAO can have 4-cours to adapt 10 volumes, while Index had to adapt 9 in 26 episodes. How come both are Dengeki titles, yet obviously there is a clear bias towards SAO. Blame Dengeki for sitting on the main series for 7.5 years only to come up with this brilliant idea to quickly finish the rest of OT. Even Durarara!! had the luxury of having 36 episodes in 3 split-cours after 6 years of nothing... Don't blame everything on J.C. Staff.
Yeah, for how disappointing this season was, you can't place all the blame of J.C. Staff. The director apparently actually asked for two cours and a movie for the Star Bethlehem, but was denied by the production committee and only got 24 episodes, which he then managed to get them to bump up to 26 episodes. Ultimately the focus for this season was to get to NT as soon as possible. J.C. staff may not be blameless, but they don't deserve all the blame.
Old 2019-04-06, 17:18   Link #27
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Never trust Dengeki, never.
Old 2019-04-09, 00:26   Link #28
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Lol I mean this anime was rather disappointing all around, BUT, I’m still glad it happened. I love the second opening and also liked the animation in the last two episodes and thought some of the sequences were good. I assume that for some reason they didn’t have budget. It looks like they cared enough to try within their means though. All in all it was bad, but it had its moments. I can always read the novel if I want the plot, but I’m at least glad they managed to bring some things to life via animation. Most of it was bad, but at least it wasn’t a total washout. Here’s hoping that accelerator and railgun have way more budget in their anime. I still think misaka screwed up. She could have jumped onto the thing and been with touma rather than fruitlessly tumbling away after she couldn’t grab him. Then she could have potentially jumped off later with him and used magnetism. Back then she still lacked the proper resolve. All things said, I’d definitely be down for NT as long as it got proper pacing and budget. And I’d also be down for a total reboot of season 3 or the whole of OT sometime.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote