AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-15, 07:40   Link #201
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
why do i keep confusing this series's title with Kamisama Dolls?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 08:29   Link #202
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

One question left , why Miku went to jail ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 12:23   Link #203
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
One question left , why Miku went to jail ?
She didn't? At least I saw nothing that suggested that.
Old 2011-07-15, 12:35   Link #204
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well at the end you can saw her on the bed & the windows look like a jail.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 19:33   Link #205
Miraluka
Banned

Ep.2 has aired, why nobody seems to have watched it?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 19:40   Link #206
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
If UTW's subs are to be believed, the police on the scene were commenting on the discoloration underneath Shoko's eye as not being Livor Mortis. They didn't say that she didn't have Livor Mortis.
But then the question is...what is the significance of the discoloration under the eye? Livor mortis usually settles on the lower parts of the body, due to gravity and all, but the discoloration was underneath her eye... was she lying face foward upside-down the entire time or something?
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 19:46   Link #207
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
But then the question is...what is the significance of the discoloration under the eye? Livor mortis usually settles on the lower parts of the body, due to gravity and all, but the discoloration was underneath her eye... was she lying face foward upside-down the entire time or something?
There are many things that can cause discoloration under the eyes; sleep deprive, alcoholism, drugs... Generally depression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Well at the end you can saw her on the bed & the windows look like a jail.
It could just be a holding cell.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 19:57   Link #208
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
It could just be a holding cell.
It might also be an insane asylum or a mental rehabilitation facility.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 00:47   Link #209
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There are many things that can cause discoloration under the eyes; sleep deprive, alcoholism, drugs... Generally depression.
Not really... at least, not the intense discoloration she had. Plus we haven't had any indication that she was a drug/or alcohol user so...

It's really weird why the show emphasized it, and not explain at all to the viewer why it was significant.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 05:41   Link #210
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Ep.2 has aired, why nobody seems to have watched it?
According to Moonphase, it is supposed to air tomorrow? I'm not sure why it aired today.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 09:14   Link #211
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sawadee... Shouldn't there be a 'ka' at the end of that ?

I might be thinking too much, but I wonder if there's a reason the author choose a half-thai girl? Is there some special Thai culture that he intends to use? Regardless, Meo is a cute girl... Too bad she probably isn't sticking around after her case.

Spoiler for ep2:

Oh yeah, new ED... Not too bad, just back to basics.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 10:30   Link #212
ApostleOfGod
^.^

is it me or did episode 1 not really conclude its plot (the case didn't get solved in the end) and episode 2 jumped immediately to a new case?

e/ nvm read something about the first episode being longer.. guess i only saw half of it

time to search for the rest~~

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 10:52   Link #213
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Sawadee... Shouldn't there be a 'ka' at the end of that ?

I might be thinking too much, but I wonder if there's a reason the author choose a half-thai girl? Is there some special Thai culture that he intends to use? Regardless, Meo is a cute girl... Too bad she probably isn't sticking around after her case.
"-ka" is added after sentence/word when Thais woman want to say something politely/formally. It isn't part of greeting word. Think of it as when Japanese add [gozaimasu] after [Ohaiyou] or when they add "des"or "desu" after their sentence.

Note: That girl's nick name means "cat" in English.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 11:24   Link #214
Shadow5YA

At the very least, the anime seems to have adapted this case in a far better manner than the manga. I like how they placed suspicion on the father's motives even if he was actually faithful to his family.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 11:44   Link #215
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Meo is kind of like a Thai version of Suzuha from Steins;Gate. Pigtails, high-pitched voice, looks in pretty good shape, has daddy issues.

This episode was basically Nerumi being a bro with Yakuza so that he could get to the bottom of Meo's case and some parts were highly amusing such as his cleaning up a virus on the angry dojo men's computer (depicted as an infinitely spawning window of some cheesecake photos) and trying to carry on a conversation with an enforcer at a sushi bar while trying (and mostly failing) to not insult the guy.

Though I really have to wonder if the whole Nerumi walking in on the girls naked because he was called there or was there already when they were stripping and getting slapped for it is going to become some ill-conceived running joke cause it's in the way my dad might describe a lame comedic scene, "pretty pale". The show has already shown that it can find humour in plenty of other less traveled stock gags, so why the fuck does it keep falling back on something so tired in anime these days.

Nerumi should definitely stand up for himself if this happens a third time or try to get a better look or something, because if the girls are going to keep putting themselves in these positions there should be either no penalty or some greater payoff. You can't hold it against a guy if you're the one being a tease after all.

Anyway looks like we'll have to wait till next episode to find out the conclusion. Kind of liking the two part format to all of this. Now if the show could just keep up it's otherwise great standards on the humour front.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 12:49   Link #216
tsunade666

wow...... JC staff make a new record in burning down materials <.< episode 2 = vol 2 of the book. Considering the episode 1 worth 2 episodes. .. . . Still sweet to see Meo-chan already even though it's really fast. I wonder how many of the books will they burn with their pacing.
Old 2011-07-16, 14:06   Link #217
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
wow...... JC staff make a new record in burning down materials <.< episode 2 = vol 2 of the book. Considering the episode 1 worth 2 episodes. .. . . Still sweet to see Meo-chan already even though it's really fast. I wonder how many of the books will they burn with their pacing.
I believe they skipped book 1 like the manga did as well ... for obvious reasons.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 15:51   Link #218
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Another enjoyable episode form this series again. It's very fast paced it seems, but that's not necessarily a bad thing so long the story told is a coherent one.

So it looks like from Alice's words at the end and the cell phone that the Thai girl's mother is still alive and waiting for her. It'll be interesting to see how this is resolved. Is Narumi going to stand up to some Yakuza thugs?

Again JC staff chooses to implement a running gag with the bathing that is just not funny and very old. At least it wasn't placed in as much of a jarring moment as previously... Still not something I am personally happy about. Like Kaioshin Sama said though, the comedy has otherwise been pretty gold.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 16:05   Link #219
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Meo-chan doesn't sound very Thai to me.

Although, I can't possibly complain seriously. It's not like it harms the show in any way as she doesn't do that annoying I'M CRAZY FOREIGNER crap.

Oh and FYI her shirt says "narak," which translates as "cute/kawaii."

But otherwise I'm liking how Narumi develops. He seems to be growing into his role nicely, another "fool" joining the family as the 4th says. The show's pacing is still as Reckoner says relatively fast, and that's a good thing.

Just...JC Staff, please please please don't try to make your own ending for this show. I don't want another Yumekui Merry.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 16:06   Link #220
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I believe they skipped book 1 like the manga did as well ... for obvious reasons.
As someone who has not read the novels, mind telling me what those obvious reasons are? We can take this to PM if it violates the rules.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bromance, comedy, drama, slice of life