AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-23, 21:21   Link #1161
ElCachicamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergal View Post
Kyoani should seriously consider making a full series or movie out of one of their commercials, or a similar concept. They are a perfect fit for these kind of fantastical settings. I'm getting tired of the high school setting, the overall visuals they can churn out are too overwhelming for such a mundane place.
What they need to do is realistic animation like Jin Roh. They need to hire Toshiyuki Inoue or Range Murata as a character designer. Cute is good and they are the best at it but realistic is the next step, come on Kyoani I want you to improve a lot more.

I want to see this quality someday in a tv show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcMoYI94iUA
Old 2012-07-24, 07:09   Link #1162
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCachicamo View Post
What they need to do is realistic animation like Jin Roh. They need to hire Toshiyuki Inoue or Range Murata as a character designer. Cute is good and they are the best at it but realistic is the next step, come on Kyoani I want you to improve a lot more.

I want to see this quality someday in a tv show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcMoYI94iUA
Not gonna happen unless the moe well runs dry. I have only seen two things Kyoani has done that wasn't a slice of life or imbedded with moe - FMP:TSR (their debut) and Munto. And Munto was garbage. Can't really blame Kyoani though because that's what the industry wants.
Old 2012-07-24, 07:21   Link #1163
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Not gonna happen unless the moe well runs dry. I have only seen two things Kyoani has done that wasn't a slice of life or imbedded with moe - FMP:TSR (their debut) and Munto. And Munto was garbage. Can't really blame Kyoani though because that's what the industry wants.
Munto shouldn't really count, in my opinion, because that was basically just KyoAni letting Kigami do whatever he wanted with a series .
Old 2012-07-24, 07:40   Link #1164
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Munto shouldn't really count, in my opinion, because that was basically just KyoAni letting Kigami do whatever he wanted with a series .
Not count as in a thorn in Kyoani's side, or not count as Kyoani attempting to diversy out of moe/slice of life
Old 2012-07-24, 11:23   Link #1165
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Technicaly Munto was there first anime in 2002. It was a web based short. From there they got FMP: Fumoffu and Air.
Old 2012-07-24, 16:17   Link #1166
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Not count as in a thorn in Kyoani's side, or not count as Kyoani attempting to diversy out of moe/slice of life
The latter. The KyoAni fanboy in me says the former as well .
Old 2012-07-24, 21:53   Link #1167
Warm Mist

Munto (the original) is little more than an animation showcase. I don't think anyone ever cared about it as a sellable product, that's why the industry always held the claim that "Everything Kyoani does, sells" until Nichijou, even though Munto already existed and didn't even have a number for its sales.
I hear from another site that Kadokawa wanted to do a series of it, and that was a fuckup because nobody at the animation studio cared for the property besides as a demonstration of Kyoani's prowess at animating things.
Old 2012-08-03, 08:34   Link #1168
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Looks like the official Pony Canyon twitter account has been re-tweeting the tweets by the official Chuunibyou twitter account. Looking over the PC account, they've retweeted news from other productions, so it might be safe to assume PC will be distributing the BD/DVDs for Chuunibyou.

This would satisfy the usual "Kadokawa/Pony Canyon(and TBS)/Kadokawa/Pony Canyon (TBS)" pattern for this year, so we could expect the next show from KyoAni to be a Kadokawa production. By no means is this certain, but it seems to fit the usual trends.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-08-03, 10:47   Link #1169
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
This would satisfy the usual "Kadokawa/Pony Canyon(and TBS)/Kadokawa/Pony Canyon (TBS)" pattern for this year, so we could expect the next show from KyoAni to be a Kadokawa production. By no means is this certain, but it seems to fit the usual trends.
That makes sense. They haven't done any TV series with Pony Canyon/TBS since K-On!!, after all.
Old 2012-08-06, 01:12   Link #1170
rulfo

Makes perfect sense. Now the whole Key pieces have been placed, still no news on the VA though.

Anyway I think we'll get that in just a couple of days, can't wait for trailers to pop out.

I wonder what the next Kadokawa show will be? Still, I'm pegging my hopes Aniplex picks them up in their future projects.
Old 2012-09-05, 10:18   Link #1171
rulfo

So I got some interesting or probably old news from someone who posted in an anime text board. Well it's about a foreign intern KyoAni once had during it's early days. It seems this was before Munto 2(Not the TV series but the OVA) was made. I'm guessing this was still during the time where they were under sub contract works.

Here name is Diana K. Lee.

It would be interesting to name some of the staff members but sadly the archive didn't back up the pic with captions.

Spoiler for KyoAni Staff 2002:

And here's another link from that thread. In here we can see some key staff people such as Hideaki and Yoko Hatta. According to one of the posters Yoshiji Kigami can be seen in one of the photos but the pic of him with it is pretty small.

Anyway posted this just for those who might be interested in some little trivia. Kudos to that person who shared this to me. If it's old news pardon for the repost.

source

PS: Now this reminds me of during K-ON was airing and some people were saying about a 2ch(?) thread whose goal was to find out who Yukiko Horiguchi is, seems like that lead nowhere.
Old 2012-10-01, 19:11   Link #1172
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Suffice to say, the CM for Kyoukai no Kanata and the Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! anime have already helped KyoAni tremendously. When the latter was first released in May 2011, it was sold in around 20-24 bookstores. The sequel (and Coppelia) wasn't many more bookstores. Kyoukai started in about 35-40. All of these include the KyoAni Shop!

As of today, there are a total of 349 bookstores in Japan that are carrying the full KA Esuma library (5 novels total). That is a huge increase and definitely worth what they've put in thus far. Here's hoping we see more added (including easier ways to ship internationally).

Old 2012-10-13, 14:00   Link #1173
Westlo
Lets be reality

So since Animation Do seem to be doing most of, if not all of Chūni-byō Demo Koi ga Shitai! (which would explain the drop in animation quality from Hyouka) I wonder what the main KyoAni studio is up to.... Anyway some people were whining about what Animation Do where doing, hope you're happy now.
Old 2012-10-13, 16:58   Link #1174
Warm Mist

Drop in animation quality? I don't see it. Animation Do has pretty talented members, and their episodes of Hyouka were among the best.

Aren't you perhaps referring to the photography? I could see why someone would think the photography in Hyouka is much better than in here, but in terms of animation, Chuunibyou is holding up to the same standards as Hyouka. Not to mention there are only two episodes so far, and episode 2 was done by what is possibly the best team you can assemble at Kyoani.

Anyway, I'm also eager to know how many more episodes of Chuu2 will be done by Animation Do, and what the main branch is working on. Probably on November/December we are going to get a Kadokawa announcement for Spring 2013.
Old 2012-10-13, 17:04   Link #1175
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
Anyway, I'm also eager to know how many more episodes of Chuu2 will be done by Animation Do, and what the main branch is working on. Probably on November/December we are going to get a Kadokawa announcement for Spring 2013.
With the main staff listings for episodes 3-6 released, it looks like 4-6 will be led by Do. Episode 4 has the same main staff as episode 1 and 5/6 share the same main staff as Hyouka episodes 7, 15, and 21. Like you, I'm curious why 4 out of the first 6 episodes in Chuunibyou were to be handled by Do.

Old 2012-10-13, 23:54   Link #1176
brocko

Production scheduling would be my best bet. Main studio still had their hands tied finishing off Hyouka and they trust baby studio, Animation Do enough to handle first impressions well enough.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2012-10-14, 18:25   Link #1177
kyouray
2D > 3D

Naoko Yamada was at SLA 2012 in Glasgow, here is a report by chaostangent :
http://chaostangent.com/2012/10/scot...me-2012-day-2/
http://chaostangent.com/2012/10/scot...da-qa-session/
Old 2012-10-14, 18:28   Link #1178
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Gatoh Shoji keeps seeming to hint that something is coming involving Full Metal Panic, but never any real confirmation.
Old 2012-10-14, 19:55   Link #1179
Warm Mist

Wasn't he the one that said there is an announcement coming soon that everyone has been expecting? I'm pretty sure it was in a context related to Kyoani too.

We'll just have to wait for next month to see what they have in the works.
Old 2012-10-14, 20:39   Link #1180
Warm Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Naoko Yamada was at SLA 2012 in Glasgow, here is a report by chaostangent :
http://chaostangent.com/2012/10/scot...me-2012-day-2/
http://chaostangent.com/2012/10/scot...da-qa-session/
She mentions there that it is pretty weird to go full-overtime work over at Kyoani, and that the common all-nighters in Tokyo never happen. If that's true, it really baffles me. I mean, even being a studio like Kyoani and doing everything in-house, for the quality of their products one would expect more strain in the workers. But perhaps that laxity is what makes their works so fresh too.

The comment about directors is interesting too. I disagree with her ideology that a creator shouldn't put much of himself into his work, I rather prefer the author to fully pander to himself and express his whole set of ideas without restraints. I'd really like for her, or Ishihara, to make an arthouse type short to see what they're really like when they have full creative control and are willing to make use of it.
Closed Thread

Tags
studios