AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-10, 11:12   Link #6561
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Is it just me or is Godou in a position to be a pretty broken MC even among the broken characters that Campiones are?
I mean, he just aquired an ability to create a freaking black hole that can end all existence and on it's first use obliterated an island like it was nothing. If we take it to a level where he as mastered its ability, combined with Ama no Murakumo's ability to absorb divine power, it's virtually unbeateable if he uses it ( taken into consideration Donis authority to cut all existence, that I think is one of the most powerfull we've seen so far in the novel, since Ama no Murakumo can absorb and render it void or less powerfull).
And now we got the foreshadowing of yet another weapon (the white blade) that can be something in the order of the blade of the beginning and the end power lvl, not forgetting that it may have some sort of feature where it combines with is ten forms from Verethragna like Ama no Murakumo to create something new in terms of battle ability.
Now I'm really looking forward to how all this plays out. Godou might become the main element in the future battle against the King of the End (or even become the King of the End himself, or an embodiment of it's spirit, I don't think we can rule out that possibility just yet since we have so little information about him.)
Old 2013-05-10, 12:16   Link #6562
willx
Nyaaan~~

So, setting aside Godou for now, the latest chapter shows some power creep amongst the harem does it not? Back in Vol 10, Erica (and presumably Liliana) received power increases via "Smiting" to match Ena's "divine possession" .. now Yuri has all these insane psychic powers and Ena has just achieved "wind sword" !?
Old 2013-05-10, 12:19   Link #6563
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So, setting aside Godou for now, the latest chapter shows some power creep amongst the harem does it not? Back in Vol 10, Erica (and presumably Liliana) received power increases via "Smiting" to match Ena's "divine possession" .. now Yuri has all these insane psychic powers and Ena has just achieved "wind sword" !?
Wind sword is thanks to Godou's Authority, where he combines Ama no Murakumo with the "Wind" ability from Verethragna, so I wouldnt count it has a Ena power-up since Goudou can use it as well.
Old 2013-05-10, 12:20   Link #6564
Mars Mode

Thank you very much for the translation zzhk you are a hero

By the way I couldnt help but notice, that while she says black blade, she doesnt specify what weapon white is, and while I agree that is most likely a sword, it would be cool if its something else.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 12:41   Link #6565
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
Thank you very much for the translation zzhk you are a hero

By the way I couldnt help but notice, that while she says black blade, she doesnt specify what weapon white is, and while I agree that is most likely a sword, it would be cool if its something else.
Maybe a white staff like Gandalf lol

And thanks a lot for all the translations zzhk
Old 2013-05-10, 12:48   Link #6566
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
Wind sword is thanks to Godou's Authority, where he combines Ama no Murakumo with the "Wind" ability from Verethragna, so I wouldnt count it has a Ena power-up since Goudou can use it as well.
The translation literally says that she has achieved "Sword of the Wind"

Quote:
This was the very instant when Ena obtained the [Sword of Wind] that even surpassed the Hime-Miko of the Sword's trump card, divine possession.
I also remain unconvinced that our protagonist with zero interest in swordplay and actually using Ama no Murakumo as a sword can do that..
Old 2013-05-10, 12:56   Link #6567
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
The translation literally says that she has achieved "Sword of the Wind"

I also remain unconvinced that our protagonist with zero interest in swordplay and actually using Ama no Murakumo as a sword can do that..
Read the full text, the translation clearly states that Goudou combined the "Wind" authority with Ama no Murakumo, thus creating the [Sword of the Wind] that Ena uses.
And Godou has used the Ama no Murakumo in battle (Lancelot got a taste of it in vol 9 I think). He can leave the fancy swordplay to Ama no Murakumo itself, since the sword is capable of fighting on its own kinda, so yeah, Godou can use the Sword of the Wind if he wants but mostly it will be Ena using it (considering what needs to be done to summon the "Wind" authority in the first place)
Old 2013-05-10, 13:01   Link #6568
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Again, yes, I've read it. Just because it's his authority though doesn't mean he will generate the same "power" with it that Ena makes use of. For example, Ama no Murakumo is Godou's partner, but he doesn't make use of any of its other abilities that Ena can.

I'm not saying your claim doesn't make sense, I'm just pointing this out -- an easy example is that he has not shown any ability to make use of any of the abilities of Ama no Murakumo itself that Ena can use. For example in Vol 12 where she made a "city walls" with thousands of swords.
Old 2013-05-10, 13:11   Link #6569
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
^ Again, yes, I've read it. Just because it's his authority though doesn't mean he will generate the same "power" with it that Ena makes use of. For example, Ama no Murakumo is Godou's partner, but he doesn't make use of any of its other abilities that Ena can.

I'm not saying your claim doesn't make sense, I'm just pointing this out -- an easy example is that he has not shown any ability to make use of any of the abilities of Ama no Murakumo itself that Ena can use. For example in Vol 12 where she made a "city walls" with thousands of swords.
Ena uses divine possession to fully use Ama no Murakumo. Godou doesnt need that since he usually combines Ama no Murakumo with one of his authorities to gain new battle potential (fusing with the Bull to be made of steel; fusing with the Boar so it gains armor and can lauch its tusks; fusing with the goat to generate magnetism...)
The sword of wind is simply what happens when Godou fuses Ama no Murakumo with the Wind authority, nothing else. It's not a new power from Ena. Without Godou, Ena cant use it like that at all.
Old 2013-05-10, 15:29   Link #6570
erdii

Quote:
Ena uses divine possession to fully use Ama no Murakumo. Godou doesnt need that since he usually combines Ama no Murakumo with one of his authorities to gain new battle potential (fusing with the Bull to be made of steel; fusing with the Boar so it gains armor and can lauch its tusks; fusing with the goat to generate magnetism...)
The sword of wind is simply what happens when Godou fuses Ama no Murakumo with the Wind authority, nothing else. It's not a new power from Ena. Without Godou, Ena cant use it like that at all.
well it might be a power up for Ena as she is using Ama no Murakomo with her connection with Godou. it is a power up where she has to relay on Godou ,yet in a fight against God it is best thing available

what I really want to know is whether she can use Verethragna's power
Old 2013-05-10, 17:28   Link #6571
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
well it might be a power up for Ena as she is using Ama no Murakomo with her connection with Godou. it is a power up where she has to relay on Godou ,yet in a fight against God it is best thing available

She can use Ama no Murakumo and the sword can use Godous authorities too some extent (in this order).
The Sword of the Wind should count as the same as the Youth protection on the girls - it power ups them but it depends on whether Godou can summon the authority or not.
Old 2013-05-10, 23:04   Link #6572
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

After finish reading vol 13, it seem to me that Godou was the only one who gained Circe power.

Spoiler for vol13:

And I bet ya, Goduo would only realise his new powers near the end of the next vol.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 04:14   Link #6573
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I cant believe Godou finnaly got an extra authority even if its only half of her power ^^

btw anyone else getting sick of the authors love for baseball i re-read some of the other volumes last night and theres alot baseball analogies thrown in which makes no sense, the author seems to be trying really damn hard to tie in Godous awesomeness to baseball
Old 2013-05-11, 06:05   Link #6574
Sozoshi

My Theory, next vol. the 8 campione appears and fights with godou, godou is losing he uses circe´s authority. Happy end
Sozoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 06:33   Link #6575
alviam099

How the hell was that Happy End?

Quote:
I cant believe Godou finnaly got an extra authority even if its only half of her power ^^

btw anyone else getting sick of the authors love for baseball i re-read some of the other volumes last night and theres alot baseball analogies thrown in which makes no sense, the author seems to be trying really damn hard to tie in Godous awesomeness to baseball
Because baseball is the only thing Godou can relate something. That's practically what his best are before he became a Campione.

Regarding the extra authority, I don't think Circe's half of power got something to do with it, authorities are practically just there. I think it doesn't matter how strong or weak the god was, if you receive an authority, it's practically on the *strong* realm of ability.

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 08:05   Link #6576
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by alviam099 View Post
How the hell was that Happy end
I think what he meant is Godou use Circe's Authority to turn the tide of the fight and win.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 13:50   Link #6577
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
I think what he meant is Godou use Circe's Authority to turn the tide of the fight and win.
but considering the announced topic for the next volume is about the 8th god killer... don't think a war with the campiones is certainly the highlight of the story... unless if the 8th god killer is the last king then everything changes like really said guy did hunted campiones and certainly won way back in the story's timeline
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 19:46   Link #6578
GundamFan

Quote:
Is it just me or is Godou in a position to be a pretty broken MC even among the broken characters that Campiones are?
I mean, he just aquired an ability to create a freaking black hole that can end all existence and on it's first use obliterated an island like it was nothing. If we take it to a level where he as mastered its ability, combined with Ama no Murakumo's ability to absorb divine power, it's virtually unbeateable if he uses it ( taken into consideration Donis authority to cut all existence, that I think is one of the most powerfull we've seen so far in the novel, since Ama no Murakumo can absorb and render it void or less powerfull).
Well Godou is defiantly a broken MC but he isn't overpowered if anything he needs another power or rather what he needs is better access Verethragna authorities. Because really we've seen enough blocked and stopped in various manner that this new attack isn't anywhere close to being unbeatable as you make it out to be and use up some much of Godou's power that isn't going to be able continuing fighting. Next there is the problem of collateral Godou doesn't seem to be that crazy about what the boar does some how a island destroying we aren't going to see it used much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post

I'm kind of curios about that as well she'll probably endup performing another ritual were Godou scrapes the back of her throat with his tongue to get power knowing this series.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 20:12   Link #6579
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Well Godou is defiantly a broken MC but he isn't overpowered if anything he needs another power or rather what he needs is better access Verethragna authorities. Because really we've seen enough blocked and stopped in various manner that this new attack isn't anywhere close to being unbeatable as you make it out to be and use up some much of Godou's power that isn't going to be able continuing fighting. Next there is the problem of collateral Godou doesn't seem to be that crazy about what the boar does some how a island destroying we aren't going to see it used much.
Yet despite the fact that he keeps saying that, in pretty much every fight he uses the boar...

If its a suitable attack he will use it regardless of ethics.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 20:38   Link #6580
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Yet despite the fact that he keeps saying that, in pretty much every fight he uses the boar...

If its a suitable attack he will use it regardless of ethics.
I don't think so it'd take a lot more to get him use the black hole given the volume of damage it does it's like setting off a magical nuke.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem