AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-01-18, 11:43   Link #1
Go-lytely

How do you watch your anime

How do you watch your anime? In front of your comp, tv out, or do you burn to dvd and watch?
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 12:22   Link #2
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-lytely
How do you watch your anime? In front of your comp, tv out, or do you burn to dvd and watch?
I personally like to watch anime on my laptop, either in window or full-screen mode. There's nothing like laying down on a comfy couch watching anime! (I usually try to watch an episode or two a day before I go to bed.) I've tried watching it on TV, but I find it harder to follow the subs that way, for some reason. Sometimes, I will even watch purchased anime DVDs on my laptop, even though I have a perfectly fine TV and DVD player.

So, anyways, that's how I watch my anime...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 13:02   Link #3
Walküre

Lightbulb

I watch my Animes on my PC Monitor (19"), but i dont sit in front of my Desk.

My big and comfortable Couch is directly beside my Desk, so i just have to turn my Monitor 180° start the Anime and enjoy

The Sound comes from a BOSE Hi-FI System thats connected to my PC.

At the beginning i burned some Animes to SVCD but that takes too much time, and the Quality gets worse.

...and now im going to do what i described above and watch Saiyuki RELOAD 01.
Walküre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 13:19   Link #4
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
I tend to watch my anime with my eyes, although a day I tried with my hands, but I missed some importand dialogues so I decided to drop the hand thing.

...TV-Out or full screen. I hate SVCDs so nothing, even if I have a few DVD readers in my house.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 13:39   Link #5
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Due to the fact that I often do something and miss a line of dialog, I sit at my computer while watching it. If I miss something, I can easily pause and rewind. If I had a laptop though, I'd definatly be doing the same as relentless.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 13:40   Link #6
Dark_Voodoo
In The Navy

Full-screen, comfy chair, somthing to drink, a blanket, lock the door, burn homework, couple PC to stereo, enable suround, turn the lights down, drop the shades, sit down, open eyes, ENGAGE!!!!

Checklist for viewing anime
Dark_Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 13:45   Link #7
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

burn mine to dvd as data then watch on the dvd player, with a BIG drink and some food
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 15:31   Link #8
kyosama
Slayer of a thousand men!

well, theres only three ways for moi to get anime, from my friend (dvd) then copying and pasting on my comp,by the actual dvd and watch on my dvd played.........um..........oh yea download it off the web!

:fingers:
Old 2004-01-18, 16:55   Link #9
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

on VHF and UHF channels, and by paying monthly dues for BS and CS satellite broadcasts.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 17:12   Link #10
7thMethuselah

i have a very very comfortable couch near the comp and a fridge and microwave not too far away, sounds get relayed through stereo, if it gets cold a cosy blanket helps alot. Perfect to start the day or finish it

how more perfect can it get

Ah, time to watch Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex I got from a friend
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 17:38   Link #11
bluemist
i am the mist

TV: 21-inch 1st generation Sony Trinitron (meaning it's a crappy non-flat non-plasma non-stereo TV)
DVD: Nextbase DVD-9000 (meaning it's that cheapest DVD player you can see on the market)
PC: Pentium III 1GHz + 256mb RAM + Windows XP + 17-inch monitor (meaning it's a PC just enough to play DivX and do nothing else while playing it)

I use the PC obviously for fansubs, but more often than not, I actually 'encode' them to VCD!!! Surprised? It's quality down 50%, but it's because I like watching on TV more than watching on PC. Unless I get a DVD-writer, I won't encode to a better format (MPEG2).
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 17:41   Link #12
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I watch my anime with a 19 inch flat screen monitor. I have a five speaker surround sound system with a subwoofer to compliment the audible. I lie down on my sofa bed and enjoy a good anime unravelling itself. Sometime I am so into the setting of my surrounding that I dont even want to try
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel
my hands
for scrolling to the next. My toes are forced to undertake the job. It takes a while but hey I dont have to wake up and ruin the moment. It's not like I get to do this every day.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 18:27   Link #13
Koenig
looking for a bento box

I live in a small flat, so I don't have a couch. I just turn my 19'' monitor towards the bed and watch everything nicely tucked up in my sheets, with some snacks, or food, or a beer
I don't like sitting staring up close at the screen. Especially if the encoding quality isn't too good. And it's rather awkward too
So I watch my anime in bed. If the series is really good sometimes I stay in bed 'till 3 in the afternoon
Koenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 19:18   Link #14
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

19" screen with all five speakers and woofers working hard

Highbacked office chair tilted back with feet crossed on top of my cherry wood corner unit desk, and hands behind my head

Ice water, sometimes Ramen (always with an egg stirred and cooked in) ALONE. Would love to burn them onto DVD's but for now just save them to disk and keep the last 10 or so eps on the HD. (mostly watch Naruto and Saiyuki Reload and One Piece)
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 19:36   Link #15
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel
I tend to watch my anime with my eyes, although a day I tried with my hands, but I missed some importand dialogues so I decided to drop the hand thing.

...TV-Out or full screen. I hate SVCDs so nothing, even if I have a few DVD readers in my house.
Wow squirrels are becoming more and more advance each day... *prepares or a interspecies take over*

Well i watch it straight from my comp and w/ both feet on the closest wall ;p i need to clean that wall some day its changing colors
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 19:41   Link #16
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Full screen on meh computer with a nice large drink...and all the lights off
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 20:05   Link #17
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Transfer all my avis to my All Powerful BETAMAX VCR

Betamax owns.
It's the way of the retro-future.

Master Ran
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 21:07   Link #18
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ran
Transfer all my avis to my All Powerful BETAMAX VCR

Betamax owns.
It's the way of the retro-future.

Master Ran
I'd rather go with ED-Beta collecting dust in my oshiire if I were to use beta...does that thing even have S-Video output?

Nah, though the advent of HD-DVD decks and the upcoming HDVD and/or Blu-ray disc, the best way is still recording broadcasts onto a DVHS.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 01:02   Link #19
Sh1ka9on

Send a message via MSN to Sh1ka9on
i've found that a wireless keyboard, and mouse really helps a lot when you are in bed, and have a sudden urge to watch Naruto, especially Episode 48. ^-^, right around half-way of the episode it gets exciting.

I've also found that making a playlist of my favourite episodes, and then letting them loop 24/7 is a good idea, especially when i wake up at 4am in the morning to take a piss etc. and see Spirited Away or Macross Zero OVA #2 running. Then put on my huge, airy, headphones and listen in on whats goin' on.

I luv it.
Sh1ka9on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-19, 11:24   Link #20
u&t

Front projector. Noone else has one?

Incredibly neat way of watching stuff you download.
u&t is offline   Reply With Quote