Lol. It's not happening.

And I think you mean "faith."
dont be such a downer, only true fans stick it to the end
Old 2010-04-21, 23:28   Link #5042
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
dont be such a downer, only true fans stick it to the end
Hahah, this. Seriously people, what's with all the pessimism? Every other page is just "It's never happening" "We'll be waiting forever" etc., c'mooon. Where's the love!? Where's the hope!? It's gonna HAPPEN eventually, let's not try and bring everyone down as we all stick together while we wait for it, bonding during this time... Or something. XD

Anyways, to give hope back, I read that at a recent Comiket, Gatoh said that the next novel would likely be finished around the time the cherry blossoms were in bloom. That's close to a month from now I believe. Now whether he meant he'd be done writing it or it'd be ready for print by then, I don't know, but hey, news is news.

So enough of this pessimism! Let's start getting excited again! XD
Old 2010-04-22, 11:52   Link #5043
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Hahah, this. Seriously people, what's with all the pessimism? Every other page is just "It's never happening" "We'll be waiting forever" etc., c'mooon. Where's the love!? Where's the hope!? It's gonna HAPPEN eventually, let's not try and bring everyone down as we all stick together while we wait for it, bonding during this time... Or something. XD

Anyways, to give hope back, I read that at a recent Comiket, Gatoh said that the next novel would likely be finished around the time the cherry blossoms were in bloom. That's close to a month from now I believe. Now whether he meant he'd be done writing it or it'd be ready for print by then, I don't know, but hey, news is news.

Its not pessimism. Groundless optimism is even more harmful. It is Gatou we are talking about. You can trust that guy at anything and this statement comes from experience sadly...

And I think FMP fans are dying out species anyway, be it here or in Japan.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 21:13   Link #5044
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:

So, you got a link saying this...? It's obvious he isn't done writing it (or even is halfway). He would of announced it. It wouldn't be something to hide until flowers bloom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Its not pessimism. Groundless optimism is even more harmful. It is Gatou we are talking about. You can trust that guy at anything and this statement comes from experience sadly...

And I think FMP fans are dying out species anyway, be it here or in Japan.
Agreed. I was optimistic a year ago for something new, but time has been dwindling down and so has my hope of a new series. I think it's safe to say that the last novel will possibly be written, but it's very unlikely that it will be turned into an anime adaption. Simply put, fans are tired of waiting and I don't blame them.
Old 2010-04-24, 17:47   Link #5045
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:

I love how you think! Yes, so stop being downers already! FMP is WORTH the wait ^^...i knows it!
Old 2010-04-24, 18:35   Link #5046
illuminatus8

Quote:
Anyways, to give hope back, I read that at a recent Comiket, Gatoh said that the next novel would likely be finished around the time the cherry blossoms were in bloom.
What year?

Yeah.
illuminatus8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 03:45   Link #5047
ChibiCrystal88

Sigma volume 13 is coming out June 9, 2010.
ChibiCrystal88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 20:18   Link #5048
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiCrystal88 View Post
Sigma volume 13 is coming out June 9, 2010.
Well, that's sigma, not the last novel. Sigma is running different than the novels. People want the end of the series, not another volume of sigma. June 9 is still quite far away as well. Btw, if you want a valid statement, post source.
Old 2010-04-25, 21:00   Link #5049
FeistyDreams

Full-Meta and a link from there is where I heard the news about Gatoh saying it'd be ready when the cherry blossoms are in bloom. Looks like I guessed at the time frame wrong though, should be about 3 months from now hopefully.

And on Sigma 13 coming out, web KADOKAWA has the release date. If I had to guess, Sigma 13 will probably contain the final 4 chapters closing off Semaru Nick of Time. MAYBE it'll have a fifth or sixth chapter to it and contain half or all of Engaging Six and Seven.

I think a lot of people greatly underestimate how difficult it is to work steadily on a project for so long. Gatoh has been writing FMP for 11 years now, and over the time, he's become a popular person to search out for other projects, which is great, a sign of his success. It's also great because it gives him a chance to work on other things so that way FMP doesn't stagnate in his mind. It's quite admirable that he's gotten as much out over the years as he had, and if he's needing this extra time to work on the freaking END OF THE SERIES, people really need to give him a break. Try writing yourselves and see how long it takes to get burnt out and running low on ideas and how difficult it is to get things to come out the way you envision.

Trust me, as someone who has worked on her own projects, by the time you come up on the end of something, it gets difficult to work on. Part of it is being burnt out. Part of it is not wanting to screw it up. Part of it is a bittersweet feeling of parting and fulfillment. And the projects I've worked on haven't been anywhere near 11 year long ones. Stop giving him such a hard time and being pessimistic and saying the ending is never going to come, or that it's going to be forever and that we can't trust him, etc. I'm sure he doesn't like breaking deadlines anymore than the fans like when it happens. But I'm also sure that he's working to make it the absolute best it can be, so that way when it comes out, it won't be a let down. I'd rather wait for an AMAZING ending, then have a mediocre one come out quickly.

In short... Have faith! I doubt he wants to let us down, so give him all the time he needs to work on it, and be excited when it does come out, because I'm sure after all these years, he's going to make sure it's as epic as can be!
Old 2010-04-25, 23:23   Link #5050
SkoolRumble4Ya

Quote:
Full-Meta and a link from there is where I heard the news about Gatoh saying it'd be ready when the cherry blossoms are in bloom. Looks like I guessed at the time frame wrong though, should be about 3 months from now hopefully.

And on Sigma 13 coming out, web KADOKAWA has the release date. If I had to guess, Sigma 13 will probably contain the final 4 chapters closing off Semaru Nick of Time. MAYBE it'll have a fifth or sixth chapter to it and contain half or all of Engaging Six and Seven.

I think a lot of people greatly underestimate how difficult it is to work steadily on a project for so long. Gatoh has been writing FMP for 11 years now, and over the time, he's become a popular person to search out for other projects, which is great, a sign of his success. It's also great because it gives him a chance to work on other things so that way FMP doesn't stagnate in his mind. It's quite admirable that he's gotten as much out over the years as he had, and if he's needing this extra time to work on the freaking END OF THE SERIES, people really need to give him a break. Try writing yourselves and see how long it takes to get burnt out and running low on ideas and how difficult it is to get things to come out the way you envision.

Trust me, as someone who has worked on her own projects, by the time you come up on the end of something, it gets difficult to work on. Part of it is being burnt out. Part of it is not wanting to screw it up. Part of it is a bittersweet feeling of parting and fulfillment. And the projects I've worked on haven't been anywhere near 11 year long ones. Stop giving him such a hard time and being pessimistic and saying the ending is never going to come, or that it's going to be forever and that we can't trust him, etc. I'm sure he doesn't like breaking deadlines anymore than the fans like when it happens. But I'm also sure that he's working to make it the absolute best it can be, so that way when it comes out, it won't be a let down. I'd rather wait for an AMAZING ending, then have a mediocre one come out quickly.

In short... Have faith! I doubt he wants to let us down, so give him all the time he needs to work on it, and be excited when it does come out, because I'm sure after all these years, he's going to make sure it's as epic as can be!

QFT!

Gatoh has to make sure it's the perfect ending for FMP so he should take his time even though it frustrates me to no end.

This has nothing to do with the novel but Arbalest is in the new PS3 game.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 23:31   Link #5051
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
This has nothing to do with the novel but Arbalest is in the new PS3 game.
The game looks beautiful. Here's the site for it. There are three game play screenshots with the Arbalest against a Behemoth, and there's also a video on there, with a few glorious seconds of Arbalest action.

And let's all not forget that PS3 games are region free, so if you've got one, you can get the game *grins* The moment it's out for sale, I am sooo getting my hands on it. I can pretty much guarantee that yesasia and possibly Himeya Shop will have it. ^^

(The V-Tech Fighters also look amazing, I must say, and my inner Robotech/Macross fangirl squealed with delight when I saw those too...)
Old 2010-04-26, 01:11   Link #5052
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

And here's the promo video of the said game:

Looks epic! The Arbalest should have exhibited it's Lambda driver in the PV though.
Old 2010-04-26, 07:03   Link #5053
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
I'd rather wait for an AMAZING ending, then have a mediocre one come out quickly.
Frankly, I dont care either way. I am one of those 'lost' fans who were fans of the series long time ago, but lost all their interest and now just following the series out of pure inertion and because want to see the end not because I am very interested in it but because I spent so many years on the damn thing and I want to just finally put the 'finished' label on it.

Sadly, the popularity of FMP is very low right now (in japan) so even once last volume of novels come out it doesn't mean it will get anime adaptation. During these tough times only sure hit and popular projects are standing in the front lines and FMP stopped being popular a while ago. And just because it was popular years back doesn't really mean that you will see the ending animated now.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 08:37   Link #5054
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Sadly, the popularity of FMP is very low right now (in japan) so even once last volume of novels come out it doesn't mean it will get anime adaptation. During these tough times only sure hit and popular projects are standing in the front lines and FMP stopped being popular a while ago. And just because it was popular years back doesn't really mean that you will see the ending animated now.
Robot Tamashi, Revoltech, recent ACE:R and the coverages in Hobby Japan/Dengeki Hobby etc says otherwise. (Hell, some times earlier the older Laevatein Revoltech got a RE-RELEASE along with Arbalest)

I don't really care if FMP got animated though, as I had little interest in newer Japanese animes anyway, too much fanservice and moes to attract me. (Heroman may be good but I got no time, so I only watch FMA Brotherhood right now) To be frank, the main Japanese market got covered by all those moe stuff so that serious drama will hardly stand a chance unless you constantly pump new stuff in. Let's wait for the sales of the last novel, and we'll see if the market is good enough to convince KyoAni to produce a new season. Or perhaps only after the end of the novels will have enough stuff for a new series......
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 12:24   Link #5055
SkoolRumble4Ya

I think I said this too many times but when the last novel comes out we will know for sure if it will get animated or not.

First day buy for the game but the Arbalest can't fly like those other mechas so how is Arbalest gonna whoop some ass.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 17:59   Link #5056
gowfan05

Hmm I was curious... but is he currently making the final novel or is it just only half of the final novel? I recall something online saying that theres two part...
gowfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 21:47   Link #5057
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
The game looks beautiful. Here's the site for it. There are three game play screenshots with the Arbalest against a Behemoth, and there's also a video on there, with a few glorious seconds of Arbalest action.

And let's all not forget that PS3 games are region free, so if you've got one, you can get the game *grins* The moment it's out for sale, I am sooo getting my hands on it. I can pretty much guarantee that yesasia and possibly Himeya Shop will have it. ^^

(The V-Tech Fighters also look amazing, I must say, and my inner Robotech/Macross fangirl squealed with delight when I saw those too...)
OMG!!!!!
HOLY SHIT! THANK YOU FORSHARING THIS!!!!!

*screams abouts seeing ARX7 in 3D!!!!!!**
Old 2010-04-26, 21:49   Link #5058
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowfan05 View Post
Hmm I was curious... but is he currently making the final novel or is it just only half of the final novel? I recall something online saying that theres two part...
it was speculated that the novel could possibly be finished over two parts. but at the moment it looks like there will just be one to finally finish off the series.
Old 2010-04-27, 05:09   Link #5059
gowfan05

Can someone fill me in on what happen in the previous novel before the final novel comes out? Just want simple explanation of story up to that point
gowfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 12:07   Link #5060
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:

Sadly, the popularity of FMP is very low right now (in japan) .
1 Can't really say that unless you live in japan.Making hypothesis about other crowd oppinion base on what -you- know happens in Japan doesn't help unless you live there. Even if you live in Hong Kong or even China, you still have no say.

2 The novel was on the top 10 list of short-story novels in japan

3 It won't be in a game that is highly anticipated if it wasn't loved...

4 Japanese are bigger otakus then WE are, they'll wait so loyal to their favorites it's not even funny, they arent like westerners. Gatou is aiming at this crowd and knows he won't loose because story has 10 years worth of fans that won't die because he waited a few months more. that is why Sigma was made lately. It is to keep fans interested and the story fresh in their mind while he's wraping up on other stories/animes and finishing the book.

5 -sticks her tongue out- too bad you dont like it anymore! ^__^ You dont feel the loyal joy that i do!

-end of oppinion <_<...>_> ..

Let the NOVEL come! ^___^

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen