AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-27, 18:08   Link #1961
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
What champion were you playing for the penta? I've had loads of Quadra's but never a penta, cant ever get that 5th kill. They either run away or get ks'ed . Anyway well done congratz
Miss Fortune. Enemy team was Maokai, Teemo, Akali, Cho'Gath and Morgana. Our team was my MF, Akali, Maokai, Twisted Fate and leaver Katarina.

I've actually had loads of triples but never a quadram let alone a penta, until that happened. Was so weird. I hung back and took out Teemo quickly after using ulti. Rain of Fire finished off Maokai - while I was finishing him off it was 2v4 (TF the only ally alive) and thinking 'We are so screwed, not escaping, might as well take some with me!' Akali got forced to flee from Rain of Fire, got her quickly but Cho'Gath killed TF. Cho'Gath missed a stun and was low HP so got him but I was low HP then. Morgana pounced and we killed each other with our final shot.

In before I get told 'Why Miss Fortune?' *shrug* A lot of people tell me she's one of the weakest range ad, but my winning rate since I started primarily using her went up to about 75%. And I love that Secret Agent skin. ^^

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-04-27 at 18:38.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 18:31   Link #1962
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

She's a great champion, I prefer having her on my team instead of cait for late game. Though ashe I would have over MF because of her ulty. Oh sounds epic man, what region do you play on? Im guessing US?
Old 2012-04-27, 18:35   Link #1963
Sobonok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
In before I get told 'Why Miss Fortune?' *shrug* A lot of people tell me she's one of the weakest range ad, but my winning rate since I started primarily using her went up to about 75%. And I love that Secret Agent skin. ^^
I have had troubles playing Miss Fortune. Trying to read guides, but that's only skills/item builds that don't really help for me. I guess I'll just have to keep practicing on her.

Certainly interesting that you got a penta-kill with her though. Congratulations

Edit: Quite the amount of people logging in..

Last edited by Sobonok; 2012-04-27 at 19:23.
Sobonok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 22:20   Link #1964
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Miss Fortune's only real problem is that her late game isn't as good as someone like Kog or Vayne, other than that she's perfectly fine.
Old 2012-04-28, 01:23   Link #1965
Kafriel
Senior Guest

She's easy to play, as long as you don't try to gimp her with on-hit and AP builds...plus, for a carry, she's got a skill for grievous wounds and a buff for her AS, so she's not that much different from, say, Graves. Then again, the latter has a close-range deterrent, a dash, a blind (literally) and his ultimate is a lot more likely to hit than MF's, who has admittedly one of the easiest to avoid ultimates in LoL.

Does anyone use surge on their ranged AD carries? I take it all the time and people always rage about it...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 01:51   Link #1966
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
She's easy to play, as long as you don't try to gimp her with on-hit and AP builds...plus, for a carry, she's got a skill for grievous wounds and a buff for her AS, so she's not that much different from, say, Graves. Then again, the latter has a close-range deterrent, a dash, a blind (literally) and his ultimate is a lot more likely to hit than MF's, who has admittedly one of the easiest to avoid ultimates in LoL.
See...here's my problem...that's what people like you, Soverence and the like tell me.

The reality for me is, my strike rate with MF ulti is 80-90%, because I'm patient and wait for a 5v5 to be struck in earnest, pick my spot and send most of them into killable range and/or fleeing. In the case of 1v1 or 2v2, I bait people and think they've got me dead then spring it and end up getting a lot of people from it. Whereas, I can't hit opponents with Graves's ulti to save my life....Yes, I'm sure that's laughable, but whenever I line it up thinking it's the right moment, someone moves once's it's fired and barely misses being hit, ruining the whole battle for me. I also was unable to get killing blows with Graves and fall well behind in gold races, leaving me screwed late. And I have similar timing issues with Kog'Maw and Vayne. Caitlyn and Ashe are too easy to gank, even with Ashe's ult. Teemo has to hit and run big time. Sivir...I can't stand her late game. Tristana, I find her too 1v1 focused.

I know the pros say Graves and Vayne are best, but that just doesn't match my experience. Have bought Vayne to figure if I could get better with her, but I've used MF for nearly 100 straight matches now since I hit the level cap. She's what I'm good at and gives me darn good results, despite how that defies the logic of others.

And on the whole thing of being easy to play...yes...but using her properly is a different thing. Timing her skills right turns a battle on its head within a couple of seconds. Timing them wrong makes her do flock all.

Admittedly I do want to be able to use Riven, but my timing with her skills is way off.

Quote:
Does anyone use surge on their ranged AD carries? I take it all the time and people always rage about it...
Flash and Ghost. Surge is tempting but I find living far too important and Ghost has saved me from a lot of un-MIAed ganks, withdrawls after pushing or pursuing someone after an all vs all to get the kill. MF guides claim Ignite or heal is better but I only find Ignite good early and Heal only delays the inevitable.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-04-28 at 02:19.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 02:43   Link #1967
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Surge can't outdone Flash or Ghost, so it's rarely to be seen. Occasionally I saw it on Teemo or something along the line, but I believe he's better with Flash and, say, Teleport.

It needs another buffing. Maybe something like 10% dmg reduction when activated.
Old 2012-04-28, 03:29   Link #1968
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
The reality for me is, my strike rate with MF ulti is 80-90%, because I'm patient and wait for a 5v5 to be struck in earnest, pick my spot and send most of them into killable range and/or fleeing. In the case of 1v1 or 2v2, I bait people and think they've got me dead then spring it and end up getting a lot of people from it. Whereas, I can't hit opponents with Graves's ulti to save my life....Yes, I'm sure that's laughable, but whenever I line it up thinking it's the right moment, someone moves once's it's fired and barely misses being hit, ruining the whole battle for me. I also was unable to get killing blows with Graves and fall well behind in gold races, leaving me screwed late. And I have similar timing issues with Kog'Maw and Vayne. Caitlyn and Ashe are too easy to gank, even with Ashe's ult. Teemo has to hit and run big time. Sivir...I can't stand her late game. Tristana, I find her too 1v1 focused.
The real difference between MF and Graves is that Graves has proper AD scaling, so he transitions into late game alot better than MF, Vayne on the other hand, has decent amounts of mobility during fights, decent scaling on her Q, and AD steroid and her w gets better with attack speed, making for decent shred on high health targets (though, it's the lowest part of her output).

Miss Fortune just doesn't hit late game as well as other ranged ad, though that doesn't mean she's bad, just not as good as others. Playstyle is also a big factor in personal performance, but in terms of champions Miss Fortune is on the lower end of the spectrum.
Old 2012-04-28, 08:31   Link #1969
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
What champion were you playing for the penta? I've had loads of Quadra's but never a penta, cant ever get that 5th kill. They either run away or get ks'ed . Anyway well done congratz
In a real game I've only managed it on Skarner in a real game once ever personally. In a real game anyways, I've gotten penta on bots on few more champs; twice during a match with Irelia once when I was literally carrying the entire team and we still almost lost despite me soloing baron twice due being so fed. And I've gotten 3 Quadra as Jungle Yi, but can't ever get the penta, maybe after the slight buff to him I will .

Also after Irelia's nerf I've started playing AD/tanky Nidalee top as my main top champ besides Akali, she is hard to last hit with pre-6 than Akali and Irelia... but her early game harass is pretty strong. I am still trying to figure if Frost Mallet/Impaler/???(LW or Ghostblade usually so far) or trinity/impaler/Warmog is best for my 3 slots outside of Wriggles, Merc, and Maw for my normal 3 items.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 14:41   Link #1970
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
~~ In a real game anyways, I've gotten penta on bots on few more champs; twice during a match with Irelia once when I was literally carrying the entire team and we still almost lost despite me soloing baron twice due being so fed. ~~
52 minutes?! In a "Co-Op vs AI"?! What on Aiur's good earth were your other teammates doing? Smashing their keyboards with their faces?! Using their feet to control their mouse and keyboard?!

With scores like that(except Anivia), it's more like 2v8, because you would probably want to kill them too.

Wow.
Old 2012-04-28, 15:45   Link #1971
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ever since the bots started harassing effectively and not pushing the lane like my stupid mateys, A.I. games have become increasingly harder To think, I even stopped using my lovely on-hit Vayne and Orianna builds!
Old 2012-04-28, 21:26   Link #1972
Sobonok

AI is definitely better then most players I play with
Sobonok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 01:09   Link #1973
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If they improve their brush scouting skills and not face check every brush 15 minutes in the game, it just might become actually challenging.
Old 2012-04-29, 05:00   Link #1974
Albafica
Pisces no saint

By the way, if some people want to play with Animesuki members, here my ID: Suikyo!
Long time I didn't play with some members like Kafriel .
Old 2012-04-29, 06:46   Link #1975
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Flamewells is mine on US.
Old 2012-04-29, 07:23   Link #1976
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'm on eune, usually on Bilstin.
Old 2012-04-29, 08:58   Link #1977
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Is Varus-patch being released this tuesday/wednesday ?
Old 2012-04-29, 09:25   Link #1978
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think so...unless it gets postponed for next week for additional material or fixes.
Old 2012-04-29, 09:58   Link #1979
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Weird, I'm already seeing him in the champion viewing screen

Old 2012-04-29, 10:07   Link #1980
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
52 minutes?! In a "Co-Op vs AI"?! What on Aiur's good earth were your other teammates doing? Smashing their keyboards with their faces?! Using their feet to control their mouse and keyboard?!

With scores like that(except Anivia), it's more like 2v8, because you would probably want to kill them too.

Wow.
Did I mention this was before the more recent improvements to AI on the bots and 3 of them were level 30s too (Cait was like lvl17 but still) .

Quote:
Is Varus-patch being released this tuesday/wednesday ?
Tuesday is almost always patch/champion release day, unless something gets delayed in rare cases like the Ahri patch.

And he's been visible on the champ list since one of hotfixes.

P.S. In case someone didn't see the last image, my summoner name is Kagami.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol