AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-09-29, 11:54   Link #321
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjento View Post
Wow.

"Curry Of Life" has been overtaken as the worst filler episode.
"Curry of Life" was god awful yes but you really can't top the "Search for the Bikōchū" one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
For me the absolute worst episode is Team Gai vs Team Gai Clones. It was randomly put between two canon episodes, in the save Gaara arc. Although i didn't see this "curry of life" episode but it can't possibly be worse than the team gai episode.
The team guy clones episode is boring I'll give you that but the infamous year-long filler of the original Naruto is an exercise in how not to make anime of any kind. I'm still surprised that the show didn't get cancelled during that hell.
Old 2012-09-29, 14:05   Link #322
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post

This episode with the moms and children could have been good if the anime team were able to write a story for one episode, but they failed miserably. The moms attacking with frying pans and such was simply dumb and sexist. The moms of both Naruto and Sasuke were chuunin or jounin level ninja, why is it that these moms looked like average housewives. Some of them should be able to perform some ninja techniques, even if it's only some exploding tags. They attacked the bad guys like a bunch of idiots would do, one would expect them to be smarter, so if they lack raw power and jutsu then let them be smart. The bad guys were also a bunch of morons, instead of being real missing nins and other real criminals who try to take advantage of the war.
It was sexist. But that is a values dissonance with Japan. What was just lazy though was forgetting that Shikamaru's mom is a NINJA! She is a chunnin. Why have her fight with a frying pan?

It could have been cool to see a group of rogue ninja/bandits use the war to take over Konoha. And the women could have shown great strength overcoming the invaders. But instead we got another "Will of Fire" lesson for stupid Konohamaru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'll give you that but the infamous year-long filler of the original Naruto is an exercise in how not to make anime of any kind. I'm still surprised that the show didn't get cancelled during that hell.
Naruto was never in danger of being canceled like Bleach. The great mystery of Naruto filler is it gets the same ratings as canon. The year long filler of Part 1 maintained the show's ratings. Shippuden filler arcs get similar ratings to Shippuden canon arcs. These three war filler episodes will get similar rating to canon.

Complaining about filler is a Western thing. The audience for the anime skews younger in Japan. As long as it is on, they watch it. If Naruto's ratings suffer, it is because kids are losing interest. Not because of filler.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 07:21   Link #323
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
It could have been cool to see a group of rogue ninja/bandits use the war to take over Konoha. And the women could have shown great strength overcoming the invaders. But instead we got another "Will of Fire" lesson for stupid Konohamaru.
Exactly, they could have made about 4 episodes if they had a good story for this. Somewhere in the episode the moms say that they protected the village in past wars too, so they could have included some flashbacks where we can see both Naruto's and Sasuke's moms defending a village against some random criminals, a "girl power" episode. We could also see the younger version of Shikamaru's mom, some comedy about how frightening she was, according to Shikaku, have Shikaku a moment of thinking about what advice his wife would give him in his current situation where it seems there's no hope, thus connecting the main story line with this filler story. Make justice for Kurenai, since we never saw her kick ass with her genjutsu because her first opponent was Itachi, but when not faced with a genjutsu-god she should be quite strong. And also genjutsu is the type of jutsu that can be used even when pregnant, if the others protect her physically. And then there are the 2 elders, they are supposed to be elite ninja, even if not as strong as Chiyo was at old age, but they should be able to do some damage.

What was really annoying is that this idea had such a great potential but it was completely ruined with crap story. And also they wasted some good quality animation on this episode, i hope the next canon episodes will not be lower budget because of this.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 06:16   Link #324
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Psh. All those moms needed to get their fat asses back in the kitchen.

Just kidding. Yeah, I thought it was sexist, too. Fighting with kitchen implements.... it was retarded. It was physically painful to watch. I only perservered because Konohamaru was in it.

And also, just for the record, WTF is up with Sakura's mom? Sakura and her mother look NOTHING alike in a series that prides itself on uncanny familial resemblences. Maybe Sakura is actually a bastard child of the Uzumaki clan or something, with that pink hair she's got going.
Old 2012-10-03, 06:22   Link #325
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

If they really have to make fillers. I would rather have several episodes of this, instead of the fillers they are giving us.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-10-04, 11:34   Link #326
ookamigirl

Naruto & Bee vs Tsunade & Bee's brother!
Never thought I'd see that.
Flashbacks were pretty interesting this time.
The Bee filler was good.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 14:08   Link #327
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Naruto & Bee vs Tsunade & Bee's brother!
Never thought I'd see that.
Flashbacks were pretty interesting this time.
The Bee filler was good.

There was no filler in this episode it was all from the manga.

I was very pleasntly surprised myself I can't remember the last time over 2 chapters was put in a single episode.

Also after a year of shit openings we finally have one worth watching
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 15:53   Link #328
Jerseykid

gah! i want to see naruto fight the raikage, don't get in the way!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 19:43   Link #329
Arjento

New OP still looks a bit meh.

Please tell me the war actually delivers epicness in the end?
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 12:54   Link #330
BlackDove
Unheard

It's still ongoing in the manga.

And yes, it does. When it ends, it's likely Naruto will end (goddamn finally).

Last edited by BlackDove; 2012-10-08 at 13:15.
BlackDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 11:31   Link #331
Shay
Monarch Programmer

What episode is this please?
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 11:39   Link #332
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
What episode is this please?
What are you asking? The current episode number or the number of the last episode? As for the first part, the most recent episode is Episode 282 "The Secret Origin of the Ultimate Tag Team!". As for the second part...well the manga hasn't ended so there is no way to know when the anime will end (Shippuden is not like Bleach, it will not simply end because one part of an arc is over). So, you can expect episodes until at least next summer, potentially longer.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 11:46   Link #333
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
What are you asking? The current episode number or the number of the last episode? As for the first part, the most recent episode is Episode 282 "The Secret Origin of the Ultimate Tag Team!". As for the second part...well the manga hasn't ended so there is no way to know when the anime will end (Shippuden is not like Bleach, it will not simply end because one part of an arc is over). So, you can expect episodes until at least next summer, potentially longer.
It was the first part. Thank you James.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 11:11   Link #334
ookamigirl

Tsunade was not really into fighting Naruto.
Raikage on the other hand had no problem fighting him.
Some more flashbacks about Bee's past again.
Just too much stalling...
Quality of Naruto anime has seriously fallen.
Seems like I'm still watching it out of habit or just pure hope.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 13:31   Link #335
Ushio the Omega

And that's the end of manga material for the next 2 weeks as filler returns so tune in for proper Naruto on 1st of November.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 15:06   Link #336
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Quality of Naruto anime has seriously fallen.
It is not like they have great material to work with.

Let's be honest. No matter the quality of the anime, if Kishimoto were putting out gold with the big war arc, fans would still be excited to see it animated.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 05:56   Link #337
Yukmouth

Somemthing i didn't understand in ep283, why topi is using the reanimated Jinchuuriki corpose fo his six path pain when he has the REAL Jinchuuriki corpses?! i mean didn't he extract the tailed beats power from them already! he should still have the real corpse??
Yukmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 16:19   Link #338
neshru

he is using the real corpses. Pain's puppet technique uses corpses from dead people.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 05:00   Link #339
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ No he isn't, you can see they are Edo Tensei.
Old 2012-10-13, 06:22   Link #340
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Uhhh, Resurrected Paths have the additional perk of being immortal.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion