AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-08, 09:18   Link #3521
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumalkatar View Post
sir yes sir. but just because Leo asks that, doesn't mean that Tatsuya know. but well, I do think the probability is high.

my reasoning is that, in accordance to Tatsuya's aim, if Tatsuya really know all cardinal codes, I am sure he will publish it (under Silver Taurus name, of course). Because cardinal codes is really important for the development and advancement of magic. like how he publish the codes for flying magic to public.
I think so. Yet until the latest volume (that I read, it's vol 8) there is nothing mentioning about another cardinal code being found.

Right now I think Tatsuya does not know, but it is still really possible in the future
No no, not the first one. That one is old new.
The second quote, about the only special case for university scholarship is discovering cardinal code and Miyuki comments he can easily get into the university if he wants to.

And in the first one, he never denies that he know 13 cardinal codes, he just intentionally shift the conversation to a different direction by saying thing about magic spells. It's a distraction. (i know since i use this tactic a lots: you don't say lies, but you don't say the whole truth either, only part that mislead people.)
His action afterward clearly states that he doesn't want Leo pry into it any further. If you have nothing to hide, why don't you let the other see?=> he clearly know it.
And beside, his "eye" can read magic active sequence into details. And magic sequence is build by the code according to the theory. See any connection.

The argument you gives (which i bold up) is convincing. But i think he needs some trump cards therefore he wouldn't publish it.
I can relate to weapon selling-my favorite business.

Take America for example, they want to sell their allies weapons for 1)profit OFC, 2) raise overall military power of their group which more or less benefit America. (Same go for Tatsuya, if he publish many good stuff, the monopoly of 10 master clans is weaken.)
However, America never sells weapons unless they are starting to develop new generation: they only sell f-16 when they develop f-22, f-22 when they develop f-35=> to make sure they have superior power when thing go wrong.
=> you always have to make sure you have back up, a ruse. If you bare everything you have, you are dead. Your enemy know everything about you and you know nothing? Not a good feeling.

P/S: It is the fact that he doesn't publish everything he knows: he didn't publish his own version of cast jamming.

Last edited by bietchie11; 2013-03-09 at 03:47.
Old 2013-03-08, 09:37   Link #3522
Tru3Ph03niX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
The second quote, about the only special case for university scholarship is discovering cardinal code and Miyuki comments he can easily get into the university if he wants to.

P/S: and in the first one, he never denies that he know 13 cardinal codes, he just intentionally shift the conversation to a different direction by saying thing about magic spells. It's a distraction. (i know since i use this tactic a lots: you don't say lies, but you don't say the whole truth either, only part that mislead people.)
How'd the number change to 13. Its 16.
My input is its unknown if he knows them observation from us makes the probability high due to the fact that he never explicitly denied it when asked but we still dont know for sure.
Old 2013-03-08, 09:46   Link #3523
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru3Ph03niX View Post
How'd the number change to 13. Its 16.
My input is its unknown if he knows them observation from us makes the probability high due to the fact that he never explicitly denied it when asked but we still dont know for sure.
Oh, so it's 16?
Guess i'm just obsess with number 13 for some unknow reason.

Yeah we don't know from our observation. But we must trust Miyuki's observation.
She knows everything about Tatsuya. That's the fact.
Old 2013-03-08, 09:49   Link #3524
malason13
Forsaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
i do agree with you but there's one thing most of the shipers seem to forget=the value of gene in mahouka universe!
in other word,tastuya's ultimate word class strategic biological weapon gene are worht more than gold,that's why i believe while unlikely-contrary to his desire-a harem end isn't impossible.
wich family wouln'd want their share of his semen(through) their daugther whether they are part of the ten master clans or not?
beside,shizuku(whose father,as we've seen in vol.5-and brother in double seven-already like him) and honoka are comparable to top tier hundred family.
furthermore,in a harem(of five or more,including lina),miyuki would be less concuspicious...
so i don't believe i'm dreaming for wishing an harem end,it's in fact the most avantageous end,be it for japan,the other 9 clans(save of course with poor masaki,but since lina is related to kudou and of course mayumi+perhaps her twin sisters) and even special case such as the rich kitayama family who can't hurt tatsuya dream as every researcher need fund.
I agree with you. Considering Tatsuya's genetics. It is considered as the genes of the strongest magician in the world. I believe a harem end is perfect for it. Cause it is a win-win situation among the girls and the 10 master clans.

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Old 2013-03-08, 10:18   Link #3525
bietchie11

Wink

Quote:
well said. Tatsuya also has no feeling toward Mayumi, Honoka. ONLY MIYUKI. So my Miyuki win is the fact. Mayumi and Honoka can now find a corner and cry there.

Honoka? Honestly, her relationship is also swallow. I view her as Tatsuya's fangirl more than girlfriend. And like i said, she also lives a life difference from Tatsuya, kinda like they live in 2 difference world and unrelated to each others. Erika on other hand have lots in common and sympathize for each others and help each other over-come their problems: love through hardship, i guess.
2 are so much alike or so much difference never become lovers. That's what i learn.

Like i said, i prefer Miyuki as the first wife, Erika as the mistress(still remember when she whisper in Miyuki 's ears with Mephisto's voice in Election side story- they make good sisters )and Mayumi as the illegal lover(let face this, she plays that role well.)

That Itallic part is the common stereotype, see it many time. That's why i say you are in a misconception. May be it won't happen this time (since the author already break a lots of stereotype stuff already.). May be he go harem for Tatsuya by saying something like this:"oh did i forget to mention, the law allow monopoly, its popularity spread from middle East throughout the world. But to "show" your willingness to marry to the authority, you have to pay a big sum of money. Argue? It is future bitch, enough explain."
And P/S like this:" you think Erika will go for Leo because she took him under her wing? Got ya *troll face maxium*"

I would pay money to see those line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
i do agree with you but there's one thing most of the shipers seem to forget=the value of gene in mahouka universe!
in other word,tastuya's ultimate word class strategic biological weapon gene are worht more than gold,that's why i believe while unlikely-contrary to his desire-a harem end isn't impossible.
wich family wouln'd want their share of his semen(through) their daugther whether they are part of the ten master clans or not?
beside,shizuku(whose father,as we've seen in vol.5-and brother in double seven-already like him) and honoka are comparable to top tier hundred family.
furthermore,in a harem(of five or more,including lina),miyuki would be less concuspicious...
so i don't believe i'm dreaming for wishing an harem end,it's in fact the most avantageous end,be it for japan,the other 9 clans(save of course with poor masaki,but since lina is related to kudou and of course mayumi+perhaps her twin sisters) and even special case such as the rich kitayama family who can't hurt tatsuya dream as every researcher need fund.
You are now my comrade.
All my debate so far are only made to form hierarchy among the wives.
1st Miyuki, 2nd Erika, 3rd Sakura, 4th Mayumi,...
And i don't think Mizuki and Tatsuya wants to her be his wife because his charm is his devilish and she got scared too often( even when he just joke )
Old 2013-03-08, 10:29   Link #3526
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
You are now my comrade.
All my debate so far are only made to form hierarchy among the wives.
1st Miyuki, 2nd Erika, 3rd Sakura, 4th Mayumi,...
And i don't think Mizuki and Tatsuya wants to her be his wife because his charm is his devilish and she got scared too often( even when he just joke )
My personal order would be 1 Miyuki, 2 Mayumi and 3 Lina. Maybe 4 & 5 Shizuki & Honoka, respectively.
Old 2013-03-08, 10:50   Link #3527
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by malason13 View Post
I agree with you. Considering Tatsuya's genetics. It is considered as the genes of the strongest magician in the world. I believe a harem end is perfect for it. Cause it is a win-win situation among the girls and the 10 master clans.
No. Just...no.
This isn't DxD so stop.
Old 2013-03-08, 11:11   Link #3528
Ultragunner

LOL, and ths is not Campione either LOL

But if Tatsuya do have children, they would be the heirs to the divine throne of "Shiva-the Supreme God"?
Old 2013-03-08, 11:18   Link #3529
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
LOL, and ths is not Campione either LOL

But if Tatsuya do have children, they would be the heirs to the divine throne of "Shiva-the Supreme God"?
Talk about problems with succession of the throne.
Old 2013-03-08, 11:58   Link #3530
bludvein

Speaking of the whole Shiva-parallel thing. Did anybody else mention that Shiva's signature weapon is supposed to be a trident? Tat's CAD is called Trident too. Just looking through the wikipedia page...
Old 2013-03-08, 12:11   Link #3531
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
My personal order would be 1 Miyuki, 2 Mayumi and 3 Lina. Maybe 4 & 5 Shizuki & Honoka, respectively.
I agree. Erika is on the low end of the spectrum and the author seems to be leading her down the Leo path rather than the Tatsuya path. I would probably put Honoka at 3rd since Lina is still too fresh.

Miyuki has already won and Mayumi may have a slight chance at an arranged marriage considering Tatsuya's current state since her father and Tatsuya have very similar opinions. an arrangement could be made in exchange for helping each other. Those are probably the best that can be used unless tatsuya gets back his desire and love.
Old 2013-03-08, 13:11   Link #3532
Shorya
::>_<::

If I have to give order it will be:
1.Miyuki
2. Mayumi
3. Honoka
4. Shizuku/ Lina

For Miyuki:
Without a doubt she's and will be the best partner for Tatsuya.
It's more like they're born to be always together or like pair made for each other. Their compatibility is sooo good to the point that it's frightening and both of them depends on each other that it'll be a 'sin' to separate them (Mind you! it's not just Miyuki who so severely relies on Tatsuya but vice versa is also true *personal thought: Tatsuya depends equally or even more on Miyuki; emotionally*) --BUT-- Miyuki's biggest aid (till now) "she being Tatsuya's little sister" will be her biggest and yet impossible obstacle that she can take care of.
As for me I can't think of a happy ending *for Miyuki* if somehow or other Author doesn't find a way by which they can always be together *being half-siblings/cousin etc* (save for tragic endings)
Old 2013-03-08, 13:46   Link #3533
erdii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorya View Post
If I have to give order it will be:
1.Miyuki
2. Mayumi
3. Honoka
4. Shizuku/ Lina

For Miyuki:
Without a doubt she's and will be the best partner for Tatsuya.
It's more like they're born to be always together or like pair made for each other. Their compatibility is sooo good to the point that it's frightening and both of them depends on each other that it'll be a 'sin' to separate them (Mind you! it's not just Miyuki who so severely relies on Tatsuya but vice versa is also true *personal thought: Tatsuya depends equally or even more on Miyuki; emotionally*) --BUT-- Miyuki's biggest aid (till now) "she being Tatsuya's little sister" will be her biggest and yet impossible obstacle that she can take care of.
As for me I can't think of a happy ending *for Miyuki* if somehow or other Author doesn't find a way by which they can always be together *being half-siblings/cousin etc* (save for tragic endings)
in a way Tatsuya can't depend on anyone other than Miyuki and we all know the reason. if tatsuya were emotionally normal, we could say he was depending on Miyuki but as in the situation in the story he can't depend on anyone other than Miyuki. ı wonder there is a reason for Miyuki to be that interested in her brother. ı mean nothing like being a bro-con but something that made her feel that way. someting that made siblings to strongly depend each other
Old 2013-03-08, 15:41   Link #3534
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzaeroz View Post
ahhhh... question

how koichi know tatsuya is in 101 squadron ?
hmm..
did ya read my last quote ...??
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
When Tatsuya using regrow at yokohama, Nakura the butler was at the heli that miyuki cs using. Juumonji also presented when Kazama and Tatsuya met and he already know from where the two comes. I assume that they report what they saw back then.
look like someone read my quote..
Old 2013-03-08, 22:53   Link #3535
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:

And in the first one, he never denies that he know 13 cardinal codes, he just intentionally shift the conversation to a different direction by saying thing about magic spells. It's a distraction. (i know since i use this tactic a lots: you don't say lies, but you don't say the whole truth either, only part that mislead people.)
His action afterward clearly states that he doesn't want Leo pry into it any further. If you have nothing to hide, why don't you let the other see?=> he clearly know it.
And beside, his "eye" can read magic active sequence into details. And magic sequence is build by the code according to the theory. See any connection.

The argument you gives (which i bold up) is convincing. But i think he needs some trump cards therefore he wouldn't publish it.
I can relate to weapon selling-my favorite business.

Take America for example, they want to sell their allies weapons for 1)profit OFC, 2) raise overall military power of their group which more or less benefit America. (Same go for Tatsuya, if he publish many good stuff, the monopoly of 10 master clans is weaken.)
However, America never sells weapons unless they are starting to develop new generation: they only sell f-16 when they develop f-22, f-22 when they develop f-35=> to make sure they have superior power when thing go wrong.
=> you always have to make sure you have back up, a ruse. If you bare everything you have, you are dead. Your enemy know everything about you and you know nothing? Not a good feeling.

My opinion is the same as yours.

However, I believe another reason that prevent Tatsuya from publishing the remaining Cardinal Codes is probably the danger of them being use as military tool.

This is very serious. Cardinal Codes are the shortcut that enable magician to cast magic faster. Kichijouji Shinkurou becomes a fine combat magician because he knows one code.

Imagine if all 16 codes were reveal, what will happen.

It will be the end of peace.

Being able to cast magic faster only benefits the military, not the civilian. Since Tatsuya wants to make people see magic as something other than weapon, publishing them isn't a good idea.

Moreover, letting other know that he know all the code isn't good either. Because cardinal coded can be a powerful addition for combat magic, those who desire power may do something to him in order to get these secret codes. It will be dangerous(?) for both Tatsuya, Miyuki, and his friends. So I think keeping the fact that he knows all Cardinal Code is a best decision.

P.S. I sooo grad that there are many people who try to clearify the fact that Koichi didn't know about Tatsuya being a Yotsuba member. However, I still wonder if those who think he knew read my comment(#3483) or not. The fact that Koichi didn't know about it in the Double Seven Arc is enough to prove that he didn't know duing Mayumi SS either. I didn't read anything said that he has Alzheimer's.

Spoiler for P.S.2 To comment #3496:
Old 2013-03-08, 23:01   Link #3536
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
My opinion is the same as yours.

However, I believe another reason that prevent Tatsuya from publishing the remaining Cardinal Codes is probably the danger of them being use as military tool.

This is very serious. Cardinal Codes are the shortcut that enable magician to cast magic faster. Kichijouji Shinkurou becomes a fine combat magician because he knows one code.

Imagine if all 16 codes were reveal, what will happen.

It will be the end of peace.

Being able to cast magic faster only benefits the military, not the civilian. Since Tatsuya wants to make people see magic as something other than weapon, publishing them isn't a good idea.

Moreover, letting other know that he know all the code isn't good either. Because cardinal coded can be a powerful addition for combat magic, those who desire power may do something to him in order to get these secret codes. It will be dangerous(?) for both Tatsuya, Miyuki, and his friends. So I think keeping the fact that he knows all Cardinal Code is a best decision.

P.S. I sooo grad that there are many people who try to clearify the fact that Koichi didn't know about Tatsuya being a Yotsuba member. However, I still wonder if those who think he knew read my comment(#3483) or not. The fact that Koichi didn't know about it in the Double Seven Arc is enough to prove that he didn't know duing Mayumi SS either. I didn't read anything said that he has Alzheimer's.

Spoiler for P.S.2 To comment #3496:
Considering his abilities such as Elemental Sight and Artificial MPZ, it wouldn't be surprising if Tatsuya knew all 16 basic codes. In his conversation with Leo, he did not deny that he knew them and if he didn't know them he would have just said so, but he didn't do that. There is also the possibility that, for his inevitable confrontation with the Yotsuba in the future, he accumulating his strength and hiding it. It would not do to let the Yotsuba know his full capabilities.

Koichi knows that Tatsuya is 101. Look at Whsie's Mayumi SS, the note at the very end. The point of Koichi's whole plan is to weaken the Yotsuba and revealing one of their members to public along with his identity as 101 will certainly do that. Especially, when anti-magic terrorists attack a civilian school for it.
Old 2013-03-08, 23:14   Link #3537
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

I was re-reading what's been translated of volume 8. And in vol.8 chap 8 in the beginning when Miyuki is thinking of tatsuya's magic did she really say Gram Dispersion instead of Gram Demolition. i know he can't do both but i get the feeling it should have been Gram demolition. Plus the when they really stated that he could use Gram Dispersion was in the Vamp incident arc. So i wanted to double check.
Old 2013-03-08, 23:14   Link #3538
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Koichi plan to weaken Yotsuba by disband 101 as 101 has strong connection with Yotsuba. If 101 disband, Yotsuba lose one of few power at military. To disband 101, Koichi will expose that one of student first high is member of it (I think he will not telling the name of that student(Tatsuya)). Because of it, anti-magic will invade the first high and because they doesn't know who is the member, they will attack anyone randomly. Even if the anti-magic get capture, 101 still hold responsibility for involving the student.
Old 2013-03-08, 23:44   Link #3539
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Just kinda curious about something. Is Leo Tatsuya's first male friend? If so that would really explain alot about why some of his emotions may have come back because of Leo. When I go back and reread, it seems that every male in his life is either a professional or Yotsuba acquaintance, even his own father. So i'm thinking Leo probably has more significance than most of the girls besides Miyuki (and Mayumi when she becomes his waifu). and i don't mean this in a Yaoi way but as good friends and such.
Old 2013-03-08, 23:57   Link #3540
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
Koichi plan to weaken Yotsuba by disband 101 as 101 has strong connection with Yotsuba. If 101 disband, Yotsuba lose one of few power at military. To disband 101, Koichi will expose that one of student first high is member of it (I think he will not telling the name of that student(Tatsuya)). Because of it, anti-magic will invade the first high and because they doesn't know who is the member, they will attack anyone randomly. Even if the anti-magic get capture, 101 still hold responsibility for involving the student.
No he will reveal that Tatsuya in 101 because he wants Tatsuya blamed for the attacks. Thus weakening the Yotsuba, if they didn't have a connection through Tatsuya Konoichi likely wouldn't have bothered since this is technically treason.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings