AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-10-04, 16:05   Link #841
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
would the 2 run into a certain nemesis of Eva down below
Would be nice seeing Al (and funny) but he may not still be down there XD.
Old 2013-10-04, 16:13   Link #842
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Spoiler for Chapter 7:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
As New Tokyo is likely in where Mahora was, my guess they're in some part of the underground library. It was said it actually went very deeper and bigger, and that the library expedition group only really was able to map a short part of it.
Prepares "Trying to Connect UQ Holder to Negima Alarm" in case that happens, especially if there's a reference to Touta's great-grandmother (yes, Konoka is part of the Library Exploration Club).

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2013-10-04 at 16:53.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 16:34   Link #843
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Prepares "Trying to Connect UQ Holder to Negima Alarm" in case that happens, especially if there's a reference to Touta's grandmother (yes, Konoka is part of the Library Exploration Club).
It's already plenty connected yo. He is a Konoe after all. Btw by his parents birthday, it's more likely Konoka is his great-grandmother. As his mom was born in 2050, so if she was Konoka child it would means Konoka having a children at around age 61, if his father is Konoka's child then she would have had him at 51 to 57 years old (he was born in 2040 or 2046, and latter reports seems to think it was most likely 2046 on the grave). Both cases are a bit too late to have a children.
Old 2013-10-04, 16:54   Link #844
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
It's already plenty connected yo. He is a Konoe after all. Btw by his parents birthday, it's more likely Konoka is his great-grandmother. As his mom was born in 2050, so if she was Konoka child it would means Konoka having a children at around age 61, if his father is Konoka's child then she would have had him at 51 to 57 years old (he was born in 2040 or 2046, and latter reports seems to think it was most likely 2046 on the grave). Both cases are a bit too late to have a children.
Thanks. I fixed my previous post to reflect this information.
Old 2013-10-04, 17:34   Link #845
AstroNerdBoy

I think Karin wanted to play croquet and simply decided to use Kuroumaru and Touta as balls. *nods*

I'm not sure this multi-year test will play out, though it could. Either way, it is an interesting way of putting Eva on the sidelines, even if for a bit.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 22:33   Link #846
bakapervert
A pervert

Is it just me or the guy down below in the labyrinth looks like Negi? His hair is kinda similar.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 23:50   Link #847
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
Is it just me or the guy down below in the labyrinth looks like Negi? His hair is kinda similar.
He seems to be the member of the 12 on first chapter that looks like Negi/Nagi, yeah.
Old 2013-10-05, 00:02   Link #848
Eleutheria
旅行癖

The chapter also exploded a fan theory I read that I liked i.e. that four of the guys in the first chapter were his childhood friends all grown-up.
Old 2013-10-05, 00:07   Link #849
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
The chapter also exploded a fan theory I read that I liked i.e. that four of the guys in the first chapter were his childhood friends all grown-up.
Well they still could be. This univesrse does have time travel in it. Ok maybe they aren't
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 05:57   Link #850
ReddyRedWolf

Interesting reaction from Karin. Given that she reincarnates I wonder if she recognizes Touta from a past life.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 08:00   Link #851
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No, but the opening color pages doe suggest that Eva got tired of Chachazero and shut her down.
Which, if you assume Chachazero was 'alive' to some degree, and she didn't show a desire to 'die', and Eva shut her down because she grew tired of her, opens a whole can of Unfortunate Implications, since it basically amounts to saying she killed her, a being who was always loyal to her despite everything, just because she felt like it.

Now I'm pondering a possible scenario where it's revealed along the way this Evangeline has actually gone more actually evil than in Negima (maybe because of losing her Ala Alba Morality Pets) and has just gathered the team because of some dark purpose.
Old 2013-10-09, 12:30   Link #852
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Which, if you assume Chachazero was 'alive' to some degree, and she didn't show a desire to 'die', and Eva shut her down because she grew tired of her, opens a whole can of Unfortunate Implications, since it basically amounts to saying she killed her, a being who was always loyal to her despite everything, just because she felt like it.

Now I'm pondering a possible scenario where it's revealed along the way this Evangeline has actually gone more actually evil than in Negima (maybe because of losing her Ala Alba Morality Pets) and has just gathered the team because of some dark purpose.
The last chapter had me think about that a bit, though I didn't mention it in my review of the chapter. I'm thinking I'll keep an eye open for a more darker purpose in UQ Holder.

On other topics, Akamatsu-sensei is NOT happy with the early scanlations we are getting here and has posted as much on Twitter.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 13:36   Link #853
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post

Doubtful as Eva has never been remotely as evil as she claims. Remember she still felt unredeemable for the only person she killed in anger 500 years later (and that was the bastard that turned ber into a vampire, hinted to be life maker) it was also stated in her spell descriptions that shewould only kill the bounty hunters that displayed no mercy or hesitation in atacking her with the intent to kill as a child. The vast amount of her fame as an evil vampire is because she grand stands to get people to leave her alone as she has major trust issues.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 14:12   Link #854
chaosprophet

Actually I think most of her evil fame came from the past where she wasn't strong enough. She probably had to kill a lot of people to protect herself, and sometimes even because letting they get away means they would bring many more against her and she wasn't strong enough that she didn't need to care who would come as she can handle them like now.

Also by saying that she settled in a remote island when she finally was able to live by herself without needing anyone means she probably had to steal things a lot in the earlier days. There isn't many ways available for a little girl to get money, explaining her situation wasn't really an option. And even if she was able to settle somewhere with other people, she could only stay for a couple of year or so before people started wondering about her unchanging appearance.
Old 2013-10-09, 16:46   Link #855
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
The last chapter had me think about that a bit, though I didn't mention it in my review of the chapter. I'm thinking I'll keep an eye open for a more darker purpose in UQ Holder.

On other topics, Akamatsu-sensei is NOT happy with the early scanlations we are getting here and has posted as much on Twitter.
apart from those senators who tried to kill negi's mother(and they were really only background character),i don't remember any evil character or antagonist(chao)in negima who wasn't redeemed one way or another-even the lifemaker was described by asuna as a sad,pitiful existence:that's no just true for just eva,a vampire,but even for most of the demon we've seen.
and touta is even more anoying than naruto
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 16:58   Link #856
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
apart from those senators who tried to kill negi's mother(and they were really only background character),i don't remember any evil character or antagonist(chao)in negima who wasn't redeemed one way or another-even the lifemaker was described by asuna as a sad,pitiful existence::
*Ahem Tsukuyomi- Aaaahem Quartum- Aaaaahemmmm Secundum, cough cough cough*

Regarding Evangeline, people can change a whole lot in more than sixty years and after losing their Morality Pets. Hell, not showing Eva a changed person beats the point of a long timeskip for her. We know she has changed, but we've seen too little of her to know exactly how. I wouldn't discard anything yet.
Old 2013-10-10, 18:01   Link #857
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
apart from those senators who tried to kill negi's mother(and they were really only background character),i don't remember any evil character or antagonist(chao)in negima who wasn't redeemed one way or another-even the lifemaker was described by asuna as a sad,pitiful existence:that's no just true for just eva,a vampire,but even for most of the demon we've seen.
and touta is even more anoying than naruto
technically he was not evil, since he didn't kill anyone (or only few people) to save the magic world human
(no latter how real they look they are not alive but illusion)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 19:12   Link #858
chaosprophet

But that's a thing that is very common in Japanese manga and animation. You don't tend to have a truly evil by nature villain. Most of them tend to have a back story that turned them in such a thing, some kind of ends justify the means, someone who wanted to do something good but lost his way in the middle, etc.

EDIT: although true, those 3 are the most near that kind of character.
Old 2013-10-10, 19:12   Link #859
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Unfortunate, but understandable, and not surprising. Unfortunately, getting speed scan groups to delay things is a semi-futile proposition.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 22:38   Link #860
dragon1412

The early scanlation is due to leaked raw, nothing one can do about it since most people don't know where it leaked from, rather than futile, it's better to said that's pointless since there are too many printing process to check them all and even if you check it all, there are no guarantee if you can find it.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love