AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-30, 01:44   Link #1461
kazzuya

I found the raw WN and started reading on volume 2 and I must say I'm having a major headache.
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 13:07   Link #1462
Velsy

Noooo, hope that guy doesnt die... I kinda liked him. Itami will be sad D: Dam cliff hanger.. have to wait a month ><. He took a stab wound, but cant tell if its fatal yet. Still hoping that last shot got her point blank range.

I was feeling really sorry for the loyalest bunnies at the beginning who got betrayed by their own Queen. But (for whats left of them) have attacked the JSDF, proving he doesn't die and reports it, theres no hope for them anymore. For any of the survivers. Is what I would think.

btw, Is that bunny the one that joked around with Itami ?

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 13:16   Link #1463
Breimoon

Bunny seems to have injured leg, it is not aiming for a lethal stab(even first try she wanted to hit food). After all she gets along with them(yes she is the one joking around with them) and has to kill Norito for a reason.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 14:52   Link #1464
tonyorobsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
Bunny seems to have injured leg, it is not aiming for a lethal stab(even first try she wanted to hit food). After all she gets along with them(yes she is the one joking around with them) and has to kill Norito for a reason.
Not aiming for a lethal stab??? If glasses guy didn't step back at the first attack (I don't know if he stepped back consciously or got bad balance), the blade would have been deeply stabbed into his head (like in Riddick Chronicles )

I think, maybe, she wanted to kill Norito because she heard Norito was a slave of the barbarian prince.

Also, that last gunshot, I don't know if it was aimed at the leg, the hip or... the butt (left meat bun)...

...I would have liked it if she got into Itami's harem... But it looks like it won't happen...
tonyorobsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 15:51   Link #1465
cupumanager

I don't get why she try to kill some Japanese...or I just forgot? Someone, please remind me.

Also, ahahah, she prayed to Emroy too...

EDIT: Ah, yes, now I remember after rereading old chapters...

Last edited by cupumanager; 2014-09-30 at 16:11.
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 18:44   Link #1466
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupumanager View Post
I don't get why she try to kill some Japanese...or I just forgot? Someone, please remind me.

Also, ahahah, she prayed to Emroy too...

EDIT: Ah, yes, now I remember after rereading old chapters...
I don't, why would she have to kill one of them?
Old 2014-09-30, 18:47   Link #1467
Gun_Seraph

Actually,

Spoiler for Reason:

About Bunny Queen
Spoiler for Slavery:

Spoiler for Bunny Assassin:
Gun_Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 18:53   Link #1468
kazzuya

It seems to me that Yaginada purposely missed and hit the legs instead.
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 22:48   Link #1469
jaydreadzz
Love Miku x Rin <3

ohhh man i really hate this cliff hanger especially MONTHLY MANGA so much cliff hangers

hope someone will spoiler the LN version
Old 2014-09-30, 23:48   Link #1470
tonyorobsky

... So... For those who know, where was she hit exactly??? Was it the hip, right at the joint?? Or...
tonyorobsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 00:46   Link #1471
NP-3228

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyorobsky View Post
... So... For those who know, where was she hit exactly??? Was it the hip, right at the joint?? Or...
In a spoiler somewhere in the forum it was the hip. Spoiler didn't say where on the hip tho. Afterwords she was saved and needed metal implants since glasses unloaded the rest of his clip in her hips...those child-bearing hips nooooo!
NP-3228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 01:39   Link #1472
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Well....

Pretty much this. She isn't dodging the bullets, she's dodging his aim. Which worked up till the end.
Realistically anyone can dodge a gun(via the aim). The nature of close combat is very effective for melee weapons (daggers,short sword, etc) and in dark environment with surprise advantage especially good for the melee attack.

Even a trained officer (and I can't really say JSDF are that good in live combat in parallel to modern times, but for sake of comparison) is at a extreme disadvantage with a semi auto pistol.

The recoil, rate of fire, and aiming is very difficult on a moving target, when adrenaline is pumping into you (tunnel vision) and the need to take defensive maneuvers(fear and hesitation).

But ya the manga is pretty accurate depiction of circumstances. It's game over the moment she fails to disable her opponent. That's when being pumped full of bullet is more or less going to happen.

Now if it wasn't pistol fire (a guard on pratrol)...ya... no way you can beat military grade rifle, even in close combat. Shooting with the shoulder to prevent recoil, and a sight aim will all highly increase the effectiveness of a semi-auto fire rate, not to mention the increase stopping power...you can't really beat that even at such close range.

The bunny should have learn to run instead of kill, like a real assassin. It's it much harder to hit someone in urban setting, if you're fleeing.

Though I wonder about that stab wound. It looks very nasty. Wouldn't such a large hit cause enough shock alone to disable an opponent even in adrenaline pumping state?
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 01:59   Link #1473
laclongquan

NO idea of real life, but in this series, Japanese special forces fight on par with three other SF forces of other nations. By that standard, they are quite good indeed.

Still, it's dark, she's fast and purposely avoid his aim, so yeah, possible wont die. Another point that military otaku should have made is that handgun got small caliber ammo. Unless it's .45, a bullet of 9 mm size wont kill outright unless hit the vital point. More reason for her to just be wounded only.

Oldtimers complain nonstop that 9mm and 5.56 is just pissing target off, not killing them in oneshot

Final reason: He's an intelligence officer, ie, in military parlance, a rear echelon mother fucker (REMF) not frontline officer. THere's a difference in combat quality.
laclongquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 12:09   Link #1474
walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
but nuking the capital is just too overkill tho and the bit agreed in Geneva is the whole
International rights it's just will of Countries with nuclear super might

Quote:
"conventional weapons only so MOAB and tsar bomba
Tsar bomb it's greatest nuclear bomb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu88gb1EpmI

Quote:
tactical nukes and ICBMS are not allowed"
WAT? nuclear power not controlled by any international rights, but only by
Countries with nuclear super might
[/QUOTE]
walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 14:09   Link #1475
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by laclongquan View Post
Oldtimers complain nonstop that 9mm and 5.56 is just pissing target off, not killing them in oneshot

Final reason: He's an intelligence officer, ie, in military parlance, a rear echelon mother fucker (REMF) not frontline officer. THere's a difference in combat quality.
Well while stopping power is an issue in close combat, it's really not as important as the skill of the user.

Someone who's screaming shit in combat you know isn't going to be special forces or even active duty level marksmanship.

Kudos to the authors for setting up the details right.

If it was a well trained and seasoned killing machine. That semi-auto is more then enough to suppress even a highly mobile bunny warrior.

A proper suppressive fire rate maintaining stance, concentration, and emotional turmoil...is pretty overwhelming.

Getting off 10 shots even in a general direction is going to be overwhelming favoring the gunmen unless there's body armor involved.

She lucked out getting confronted by a sap.

Last edited by kukuru; 2014-10-01 at 14:21.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 14:35   Link #1476
kasimmorathi

As a point of note, a senior (non-combat) officer has likely had no reason to draw outside of qualifications. And target shooting is far from combat. Your adrenaline is up, heart rate is up, limbs get shaky - especially when firing at a highly mobile (implied that she is very fast) target. Having no reason to expect a shoot situation also helped.

Look at real world scenarios were police officers fire on a target - the actual hit ratio is dismal, even in close quarters. This scene doesn't surprise me in the slightest and feels fairly realistic given the context.
kasimmorathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 14:50   Link #1477
Breimoon

Yeah. On the other side furthermore we have a demi human who is non only implied to have faster reflexes/speed/Strenght than a simple human but has way more experience in fighting(she was a warrior) , that already knows how the other side fights and she was already ready for combat.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-01, 17:35   Link #1478
XFire
150% done

If anything, I was impressed at Mr Desk Jockey's sudden badassness. I mean, he gets slashed and stabbed with a frickin' Kukiri blade, and his reaction is to grab his enemies head and pump her ass full of bullets.
Old 2014-10-02, 01:46   Link #1479
laclongquan

Note that bringing a knife to a gunfight still wont bring different result. She's still disabled, even though a bunny veteran warrior against a REMF.

Note on the bunny: her recollection show that she experienced at least two battles, and killed at least 3 in melee combat, survived the massacre on foot and emptyhanded. Indeed a veteran warrior.
laclongquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 10:04   Link #1480
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by laclongquan View Post
Note that bringing a knife to a gunfight still wont bring different result. She's still disabled, even though a bunny veteran warrior against a REMF.

Note on the bunny: her recollection show that she experienced at least two battles, and killed at least 3 in melee combat, survived the massacre on foot and emptyhanded. Indeed a veteran warrior.
and a recruit lugging a combat shotgun (and I think I saw some of the JSDF capital base blast a four armed guy in the head using a Saiga "borrowed" by Itami from the Spetsnaz trying to have an audience with Pina) would be utterly disastrous at that range as well... at least standard buckshot can't literally tear one's limbs off the body... right?

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction