Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-12, 13:50   Link #61
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
I'm watching it too.

But just he Triad fansubs, so it will be a while 'till I can read and discuss the ending or later episodes.

But I can say that at this ratre the show is really good, even not understanding almost of the game.
ragnarokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 20:23   Link #62
poseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukreih
Look forward to episode 8,10 and 14,and 26. You'll see how twisted and insane this guy is :P
he's already pretty insane as of now...........
from the way he wants to keep going until one side actually go bust.......
normal people would have be happy to keep the earnings

i like the way he compared himself with the blind dude......and then reconsidering it................yea man no way anyone gonna be like you, Akagi.....u play like u have a deathwish or made a pact with devil

juz curious, does he "cheats" anymore in the future, cuz it seems although he's a genius and all (could win most opponents w/o cheating) but he would care no less to incorporate cheating to gain an edge. i like the way all his cheats and bluffs manage to come to pass!!!!!
poseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 21:18   Link #63
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

Yay the Akagi Thread is over 4 pages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poseur
juz curious, does he "cheats" anymore in the future, cuz it seems although he's a genius and all (could win most opponents w/o cheating) but he would care no less to incorporate cheating to gain an edge. i like the way all his cheats and bluffs manage to come to pass!!!!!
Tetsuya is the real cheater in Mahjongg.(Legendary Gambler Tetsuya is another rare manga/anime.) All about cheating.(In fact that's all he's practicing.)
Pretty interesting fact is that Tetsuya actually existed in real life. He is also featured in the Anime Akagi Guidebook,and said to be 16yrs older than Akagi.Akagi is of course a fictional character, but Tetsuya wrote about a certain person similar to the blind guy(Ichikawa) is in one of his books,so there is a possibility that there was a blind Mahjongg player in the Showa period.

Back to Akagi and cheating.. it won't be fun if I spoil everything right
Just One thing:Akagi rarely cheats with his opponents. In the later episodes to come,you'll see it will be almost impossible to cheat considering the rules set up. However, he WILL impress you.You can expect a lot from Akagi.Yes,and a lot of bluffing and smart moves to come.And he DOES cheat in certain occasions.(I loved him at episode 9)

It'll be interesting to see in the next episode how Ichikawa fights back at Akagi and his cheating.I kindda sympathized Ichikawa in the part when Akagi barges in,deals the Chung,bumps the tile,and faked it as dealing the Sha.That's another trick that's never attemptable unless your opponent's blind . Poor Ichikawa.
sukreih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 23:19   Link #64
poseur

LOL............yea

that and the time he dealt Xia to gain a direct win over ichikawa

that poor blind old man had to ask......"is it really a Xia...."

gosh thats like "sob sob"

what i like about his bluffs and cheats is that they are always indirect, thats what make it ingenius......it's always multi-layered so even experts like the blind dude have to fall for it
Old 2006-05-12, 18:11   Link #65
Gryff
England ~_~

Hurrah finally the end of the Mah Jong matches.
I really enjoy Akagi so far its a great show and thanks to the triad for subbing it.

Its also nice to have a time skip period that doesnt require a year full of filler crap.
Gryff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 18:21   Link #66
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

so episode7 is finally subbed? (yay)
a reminder that episode 8 gets more interesting..
Old 2006-05-21, 09:38   Link #67
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
You know, as somebody put, I'd like to know how it is that I enjoy this series that much where I don't understand shit what's happening or what they're talking about...
A little miracle, I'd say. It's not like I didn't try to get into Mahjong, but...
That's just... way above my mental capacities. lmao.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 17:36   Link #68
poseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff
Hurrah finally the end of the Mah Jong matches.

walks off and starts wondering if Akagi would try his hands on the other gambling games............
Old 2006-05-23, 05:59   Link #69
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I fell in love with the two episodes of Legendary Gambler Tetsuya ... I wish someone would have subbed that, too ... is Akagi better than Tetsuya?
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 11:36   Link #70
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

Akagi's from Kindai Mahjongg,a Mahjongg comic magazine.So no,no other gambling other than Mahjongg :P Well come to think of it there's this small scene where he..naw I don't want to spoil things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
I fell in love with the two episodes of Legendary Gambler Tetsuya ... I wish someone would have subbed that, too ... is Akagi better than Tetsuya?
Can't say cuz I only read the comic book...Tetsuya anime is so rare that I can't find it anywhere I really want to see it thou.What I know is that Akagi anime was quite popular.Saw that parody scene in Keroro ep.107?hehe
Personally I can't say which one is better cuz Tetsuya focuses on cheating skills whereas Akagi has focus on this guy's ingenius/madness(yea he does cheat,but the cheating of cheating is in Tetsuya!They even have skill names for all the cheating!!Quite interesting too.).Comicbook wise,Tetsuya has 41volumes(finished) and Akagi has 18 up to the point..
Man what'll come out of Tetsuya and Akagi altogether..

btw I got my Akagi DVD Box vol.2 yesterday!I own the whole episodes on DVD now!!yay!!!
Old 2006-05-26, 14:56   Link #71
Trickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
What's this about?
Theres me thinking it may be named after the battleship and could be a WW2 sea theamed anime.

Nm.
Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 16:49   Link #72
IMSabbel

Does anybody know the song in episode 8, around min 6-7?, while
Spoiler:
akagi plays?
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 17:16   Link #73
hi no ken Jebus

That's track 7 "Hikari no Uzu" on the OST

I was thinking of a different one before

Last edited by hi no ken Jebus; 2006-06-06 at 10:22.
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 17:59   Link #74
ddraggy
Abnormality

Interesting...
Spoiler for Akagi episode 8:

Welcome back, Akagi! Six years sure flies by

~ ddraggy
ddraggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 21:09   Link #75
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

IMO, Tetsuya > Akagi ... Tetsuya is already good at clean Mahjong, but because everyone around him is cheating, he just tries to be the best at it ...

I SO want to see that anime. The OP rocks.
Old 2006-06-05, 22:01   Link #76
poseur

i want Akagi to be subbed faster.......that's all i wish for
Old 2006-06-05, 22:30   Link #77
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'm probably going to watch Akagi if it finishes subbing. No use waiting for some months, scared if it's going to be subbed or dropped. Better wait for it to complete. That's what I did with Tetsuya, and boy, was I so depressed that the last episode I'd see was episode two. Urgh.

Unless of course if a staff member of Triad comes here and promises themselves to sub Akagi until the end, of course - I'll start watching it imediately.
Old 2006-06-05, 22:35   Link #78
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Triad will sub Akagi fully through its 26 episodes. We have no intention of dropping the series or leaving it out to dry. You should actually expect the next few episodes in the near future.
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 22:38   Link #79
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Seeing that they have already done that ... *goes out to download a few episodes, but first takes care of disk space running out*

Thank you, Triad.
Old 2006-06-06, 08:07   Link #80
Gryff
England ~_~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
Triad will sub Akagi fully through its 26 episodes. We have no intention of dropping the series or leaving it out to dry. You should actually expect the next few episodes in the near future.

*cheer*

Nice to hear :-]
Gryff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, gambling, mahjong, seinen