AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2019-03-07, 09:35   Link #3541
The Small One

Damn, Zeke was saved in a really cheap Deus ex Machina.

But when did Marley infiltrate the Island? And how did Eren already got to know of it? Seems like it's moving a bit too fast here.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-07, 10:36   Link #3542
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Damn, Zeke was saved in a really cheap Deus ex Machina.

But when did Marley infiltrate the Island? And how did Eren already got to know of it? Seems like it's moving a bit too fast here.
In one of the past chapters, Marley discuss invading the island earlier before the rest of the world join the war. Perck was seen at the end of chapter 110 meaning they already send some spies in there.
Old 2019-03-07, 10:44   Link #3543
grecefar

I was shaking my head in all the chapter... don't know why maybe I'm lost.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-07, 10:51   Link #3544
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Levi not dead..yet

Zeke is Titan Jesus

and Eren bout to slay a thot, Am I missing anything?
Old 2019-03-07, 12:23   Link #3545
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What was that shit with Zeke? I get that the girl is supposed to represent Ymir, but where did that titan come from? I thought Levi had killed them all and Zeke seemed to be in a pretty remote location.

Levi's not dead as expected, but it'll probably take him quite a while to get back on his feet.

Eren is definitely lying to Zeke, but I'm still not sure what his own plans are.
Old 2019-03-07, 19:06   Link #3546
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Apparently Eren playing mind games and manipulating Zeke instead of Zeke manipulate him to help him
Old 2019-03-08, 11:47   Link #3547
The Small One

To me Eren's agreement to Zeke's plan looked genuine.
Old 2019-03-08, 12:18   Link #3548
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What was that shit with Zeke? I get that the girl is supposed to represent Ymir, but where did that titan come from? I thought Levi had killed them all and Zeke seemed to be in a pretty remote location.

Levi's not dead as expected, but it'll probably take him quite a while to get back on his feet.

Eren is definitely lying to Zeke, but I'm still not sure what his own plans are.
I am betting on Eren trying to lock down the Titan gene/factor in every Eldrians forever. Or go Megaman by eating all the remaining Titan Shifters and somehow find a way to give the Titan powers back to the thing that enabled Ymir in the first place. Former seems more likely.
Old 2019-03-11, 11:34   Link #3549
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
To me Eren's agreement to Zeke's plan looked genuine.
Whether Eren is planning the same thing as Zeke or he's lying to him, I don't think it's safe to assume that he's the same Eren that we've known from the beginning of the story.

This plan is already going into a direction that the old Eren would have never agreed with, regardless of his ultimate intent. People are getting turned into titans and killed, Eren knows that and he doesn't even seem to care. He knows that some of his closest friends and allies can meet that end because of this plan. One of them already died, and Levi almost died. He's already at the point where his plan (whatever is his plan) takes precedence over the life of people close to him.

He's not really different from Zeke now. So he might as well even share his plans. As long as we don't know what kind of change happened in his mind, any possibility can be true. He might have a different plan from Zeke, but who knows, maybe it's an even worse plan. Maybe he plans to euthanize not just the Eldians, but the whole world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I am betting on Eren trying to lock down the Titan gene/factor in every Eldrians forever. Or go Megaman by eating all the remaining Titan Shifters and somehow find a way to give the Titan powers back to the thing that enabled Ymir in the first place. Former seems more likely.
Problem is, he might as well just go with Zeke's plan. Because you can't really expect the whole world to simply forget all of their animosity toward the Eldians just because they have lost the titan powers forever, and that's assuming Eren can even prove that. Paradis is just on the brink of a world war right now. Without the titan powers they are all dead or worse.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-11, 17:47   Link #3550
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Irdk what's going on in Eren's headspace atm. On one hand, his agreement with Zeke's plan looked somewhat legitimate/genuine for the most part. It didn't give the impression that he's pretending or lying.

On the other hand, Eren hates living like livestock more than anything. Euthanizing the entire Eldian race is the cherry on top when we think about what it'd be like to live and die as livestock. That's why I find it hard to believe that he's actually going along with Zeke's plan.

We also need to keep in mind that we already know what the final panel of this manga is going to be. That panel didn't give the impression that he followed through on this euthanasia plan. That implies that he was never onboard to begin with or at the very least, something causes him to abandon the plan in favour of a better alternative. I'd prefer that it be the former because if it's revealed that he was legitimately onboard with a plan that completely contradicts his worldview, he'd become quite a polarizing figure to readers.

How much of this current Eren is actually "Eren"? That's the real question. Are his actions truly his own or have his identity and principles been blurred so much that not even he's sure if this is his will anymore?

Armin is having a similar issue with Bertolt's influence on him. However, he's only burdened with one set of additional memories. Eren has to deal with three, maybe four if we include Kruger's.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-05, 22:00   Link #3551
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

"Sigh" I have read enough Tokyo Ghoul and Magi to know where is this going.

When you keep twisted your story without single brake in the end is you have no idea what are you doing anymore.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-06, 07:16   Link #3552
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Spoiler for Chapter 116:

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-06, 15:29   Link #3553
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberstein View Post
"Sigh" I have read enough Tokyo Ghoul and Magi to know where is this going.

When you keep twisted your story without single brake in the end is you have no idea what are you doing anymore.
Don't remind me. Such potential wasted.
Old 2019-04-06, 17:03   Link #3554
Wandering Soul

Well I guess now it's time to see just how strong Eren is now, that he has the Warhammer titan. Zeke will probably come and even things out, but I doubt the fight will be easy.

I like how Jean is both the one to understand that there is a method to Eren's madness and that Zeke's plan has some holes in it.
Old 2019-04-06, 18:40   Link #3555
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was pretty boring. Eren and Pieck's conversation felt meaningless, neither learned anything from the other.

Highlight of the chapter was Jean being actually smart.
Old 2019-04-08, 07:28   Link #3556
The Small One

I wonder how Marley could fly all the way into the enemy territory, without beeing noticed.
Having a small group of people infiltrate is something different than a big air force who arrives at the right time.

Also I'm not convinced, that the sterilisation plan is going to work. They are talking about a strange power, that searches a new host in a newborn child, after the previous one died. I highly doubt this power would accept it, if no children are born anymore. Maybe it will manifest itself in something even worse.
Old 2019-04-09, 13:31   Link #3557
Toukairin
Banned

The big question that is left hanging around is something Jean raised: he said that Eren wouldn't turn on his best 2 friends without a reason if he was in his right mind. Ever since that incident, I still wonder what could be so bad out there that he wouldn't allow his best friends - a titan and arguably the best human warrior there is - to be involved.

And by the way, Yelena could have done an Arya Stark on Grior (i.e. slit his throat) to shut his trap rather than blowing his brains out when he was badmouthing the dead Sasha. That guy deserved a slower death.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2019-04-09 at 20:39.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-09, 16:48   Link #3558
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

It was an alright chapter, but nothing amazing tbh. Anyone could've seen that Pieck wasn't going to betray Marley. If it were Reiner on the other hand, then things would have been a lot more unpredictable because he's definitely the 2nd most unpredictable after Eren atm (I'm still half expecting Reiner to betray Marley during this operation).

Finally!!! Someone among the inner circle of Eren's important people is using their brain. I just didn't expect it to be Jean of all people. I initially had Armin as the one who'd realize something was amiss, but he has been a huge disappointment as of late. I just hate how spineless and beta he's become. Granted, he's always kinda been this way, but he's even worse now than he was prior to the time skip imo.

I've no doubt that Eren is doing all of this because of the people he deems as precious, as for what he's up to, that's what I'm unsure about.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-09, 18:07   Link #3559
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Armin is definitely a huge disappointment. His main asset has always been his brain, and it seems he's lost it somewhere during the timeskip.
Old 2019-04-11, 01:43   Link #3560
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Armin is definitely a huge disappointment. His main asset has always been his brain, and it seems he's lost it somewhere during the timeskip.
That brings me back to my worry that Eren is right about how much influence the Titan has on the host. Especially since I think it'd mean he's wrong about being immune himself.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote