AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-02-03, 15:55   Link #21
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Neji's father is still wearing this seal on his head, so shouldn't Hinata's father be able to stop him with the head family's handseal?
I think it's useless, just like it's useless to blow them up, the zombies just regenerate and continue fighting. But maybe it can be used combed with some other attack or sealing.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 16:37   Link #22
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I think it's useless, just like it's useless to blow them up, the zombies just regenerate and continue fighting. But maybe it can be used combed with some other attack or sealing.
Well, doing that is quicker than doing hand-to-hand combat.
Old 2011-02-03, 16:45   Link #23
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Who remembers when Kekkei genkeis were rare, can everyone just combine elements now?
They are rare.

But even 1% of a million is one-hundred thousand and that's still a lot of people. And these will likely be the most powerful and so will be the shinbo that make all the difference.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 16:59   Link #24
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Who remembers when Kekkei genkeis were rare, can everyone just combine elements now?
... Dude.

Not all Kekkei Genkais belong to Konoha. Just sayin'. This is a war involving four other countries. Why wouldn't you expect more Bloodline limits?

Also, Darui used that 'Ranton' bloodline during the Kage Summit, so complaining about it now strikes me as extremely odd.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 17:51   Link #25
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Neji's father is still wearing this seal on his head, so shouldn't Hinata's father be able to stop him with the head family's handseal?
This is scandalous! KISHIIIIMOTOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone knows that the seal disappears when the person dies and that goes especially for his case as it was shown that Hiashi/Hizashi (who of them was it?) was killed and the seal sealed the Byakugan and it was made in order to make him look like the other one. God dammit...

Jesus, how could Konoha survive up to now? Kumo has more and more strong people popping up out of nowhere... present and previous people. They are absolutely superior. Even their sensor types can heal and fight and present themselves superior to Tsunade. I guess Konoha really needed Tsunade's mass healing technique day by day.

Orochimaru, Jiraiya and all the Hokage seem so weak compared to other phenomena. Kishi can't add something to those who have been presented in the past, so the upcoming prodigies seem to outmatch them easily.

On top of that, they use advanced elements, something we've only seen from Danzou and Hachibi so far. I am somehow overwhelmed by their power... and seem to lose my mind.

Last edited by AuroraFlash; 2011-02-03 at 18:36.
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 18:35   Link #26
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
They are rare.

But even 1% of a million is one-hundred thousand and that's still a lot of people. And these will likely be the most powerful and so will be the shinbo that make all the difference.
Um dont you mean ten thousand?

Anywho, Darui will become the next Raikage
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 18:37   Link #27
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
... Dude.

Not all Kekkei Genkais belong to Konoha. Just sayin'. This is a war involving four other countries. Why wouldn't you expect more Bloodline limits?

Also, Darui used that 'Ranton' bloodline during the Kage Summit, so complaining about it now strikes me as extremely odd.
Did not notice the Storm element before, my point is that just creating a new kekkei genkei one after another is kinda boring me because I'm the type of person who prefers to see basic attacks used creatively (by creatively though I don't just mean Naruto's bigger or more versions of rasengan).

Makes the characters seem more elite, Itachi, Kakashi and Sasuke fights tend to be my favourites because while they do have their asspulls they use techniques creatively.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 19:32   Link #28
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post

Everyone knows that the seal disappears when the person dies and that goes especially for his case as it was shown that Hiashi/Hizashi (who of them was it?) was killed and the seal sealed the Byakugan and it was made in order to make him look like the other one. God dammit...
Hizashi is not in his own body, he is in a sacrifice body and it is his mind/soul that makes that sacrifice body the exact copy of his real body from when he was alive.
It would be another question how can such a ridiculously overpowered jutsu as Edo Tensei exist
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 19:43   Link #29
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Jesus, how could Konoha survive up to now? Kumo has more and more strong people popping up out of nowhere... present and previous people. They are absolutely superior. Even their sensor types can heal and fight and present themselves superior to Tsunade. I guess Konoha really needed Tsunade's mass healing technique day by day.
The last chapter actually explained why Kumo, even though they are stronger, couldn't beat Konoha. They lack Nara.
Spoiler for manga:

I am also tired of the Kekkei Genkai. I know these are the best of the best, but it's starting to get burned out. Particularly when we saw Kakashi use ninja with the clan techniques and some cloth to take out Zabuza and Haku. Now that's Naruto at its best.

I can see Darui being killed. Some name people have to start dying on the Alliance's side. The Second, Fifth, Fourth Divisions, and Inoichi/Shikaku, are heading there soon so the First Division has to get wrecked. Tenten is the only one there with a plot shield. Kankuro also has a plot shield, but his division should be wiped out with him barely surviving. I am not sure why Onoki went to the Fourth Division now. Aren't they just suppose to stall and not engage the Kages?
Old 2011-02-03, 19:50   Link #30
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
I can see Darui being killed
I can see you eating you words . I don't think Darui will die. He needs to survive to lead the new generation of Kumo. I have submitted to the odds that Aie and Bee will not live out the war, but they still gotta leave something behind for naruto to work with.

However i can see the other general Iwa dude dying

Last edited by solidguy; 2011-02-03 at 20:08.
Old 2011-02-03, 20:02   Link #31
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Did not notice the Storm element before, my point is that just creating a new kekkei genkei one after another is kinda boring me because I'm the type of person who prefers to see basic attacks used creatively (by creatively though I don't just mean Naruto's bigger or more versions of rasengan).

Makes the characters seem more elite, Itachi, Kakashi and Sasuke fights tend to be my favourites because while they do have their asspulls they use techniques creatively.
I don't find it uninteresting. We were given five elements and there's technically 10 elemental bloodline limits to go with those naturally. I was very much interested in finding out about the others, beyond Mokuton and Hyouton.

Quote:

Huh yeah. Do you realise that the bodies they are using aren't the original bodies? Deidara's self-destruction was still sown together even though he pulled it off to self-destruct vs Sasuke right before he died. You're just pining on minor details.

Quote:
Are you kidding? Konoha has proven to be hugely competent on many levels. The Yamanaka clan, the Nara, the Akimichi, the Inuzuka, the Aburame. These clans are huge, powerful and they make Konoha a balanced force of ninja with lots of skillsets. The Sannin were all from Konoha.

You haven't even seen the previous Raikage and the Ginkaku force fight, how can you tell whether or not the previous gen of Kumo are superior?

Why is it so strange that other lands have powerful Kages and equally as powerful subordinates to whom they pass on their skills to?

I'm glad Kishi isn't making this another Konoha lovefest party, because honestly, I've seen enough of them and not enough of everyone else. With all the focus on them, I was starting to doubt the idea of the equilibrium of power. There was no such thing. If they want to switch focus to Konoha, stick to the K11, please.

Quote:
On top of that, they use advanced elements, something we've only seen from Danzou and Hachibi so far. I am somehow overwhelmed by their power... and seem to lose my mind.
Yamato and Danzou are from Konoha and could use Mokuton. I don't know why you're talking about the Hachibi because he has only shown an aptitude for Raiton.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 20:50   Link #32
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

^ this plus DeDe's post

Konoha has infact been portrayed as OP compared to the other villages. With clans like the uchiha and hyuuga, exceptional ninja such as Itachi and 4th Hokage, its a stretch to believe Konoha hasn't conquered the other shinobi villages already.
Old 2011-02-03, 20:53   Link #33
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
However i can see the other general Iwa dude dying
I don't think so, the one who will die is Onoki... facing Muu, so Kitsuchi will be the 4th Tsuchikage. But, i can see both dying and leaving the position to Kurotsuchi.
Old 2011-02-03, 21:00   Link #34
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Yamato and Danzou can use mokuton? Are you joking or what? They were experiments of Orochimaru... forbidden experiments. It was pointed out that many other experiments like Yamato failed and thus, many young babies died when Orochimaru tried to combine the 1st Hokage's DNA with their own.

Of course Konoha has many specialized ninja, but it somehow appears as if other villages have stronger fighters with a bigger fighting power.

Of course the Sannin were all from Konoha - that's because Konoha fought against the Hidden Rain and the leader of the Hidden Rain, Salamander Hanzou fought the three of them and gave them their name.
That's where it comes from.

The Ginkaku force is legendary. It has been pointed out throughout the past chapters that their chakras are exceptionala and much more. Nevertheless, a Kumo ninjas seems confident to be able to defeat him (and I guess he will be able to defeat them).

No one can deny the vast difference in displayed power. Not only Naruto and Sasuke get stronger, stronger enemies keep appearing, too.

Apart from that, one on one battles seem to have been replaced by huge battles between few protagonists and many side characters.

I wonder when we will get to see Kakashi going on his rampage.

Tsuchikage can make whole island-sized giant turtles fly and so on.

Up to now, the joint army seems to lack summonings. Well, in a war, I'd summon my huge monster animal and join the battlefield on its back.

I would have expected more summoned pets, but they are fighting on plane ground.

Well, what will Gaara do to his father? Forgive him? Kill him?
I wonder what that 4th Kazekage can do. Is he powerful? Considerably, yes, but how powerful is he?
Old 2011-02-03, 21:12   Link #35
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Yamato and Danzou can use mokuton? Are you joking or what? They were experiments of Orochimaru... forbidden experiments. It was pointed out that many other experiments like Yamato failed and thus, many young babies died when Orochimaru tried to combine the 1st Hokage's DNA with their own.
Well... despite of that, Yamato and Danzou did use mokuton. They were experiments, just like a lot of potential vessels for the tailed beasts.

Quote:
Of course Konoha has many specialized ninja, but it somehow appears as if other villages have stronger fighters with a bigger fighting power.
Fighting power isn't everything when you talk about war... logistics, intelligence and a lot of another aspects are crucial to actually try to beat an enemy. That's why even Madara took years to think his plan.

I believe that we're thinking too much about the powers of the new characters, we are reading about their power but we haven't seen anything. Perhaps Nara clan is low-profile and very few know about their importance... but they are probably more important than an army of elite ninjas.
Old 2011-02-03, 21:24   Link #36
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Well... despite of that, Yamato and Danzou did use mokuton. They were experiments, just like a lot of potential vessels for the tailed beasts.
Yes, that's what I was pointing out. I know they were using Mokuton, but that's actually not their characteristic.

Quote:
Fighting power isn't everything when you talk about war... logistics, intelligence and a lot of another aspects are crucial to actually try to beat an enemy. That's why even Madara took years to think his plan.
Yes, I can see that, but why was Pain able to defeat Konoha like that? It's because his fighting power was concentrated to the max and seemingly superior to what Konoha had to offer.

Quote:
I believe that we're thinking too much about the powers of the new characters, we are reading about their power but we haven't seen anything. Perhaps Nara clan is low-profile and very few know about their importance... but they are probably more important than an army of elite ninjas.
Well, you point that out quite well. The Nara seem to be the secret weapon of Konoha. They are so ultimately intelligent that they can turn the tides.
Kumo seem to be warmongers, Kiri was suppressed by Madara and so on. Iwa seems to be quite dangerous, but I'd say second most intelligent is definitely Suna.
Suna have people like Temari and Gaara, who are quite clever, too. The part with Chiyo has given us insight on it, but we've also seen that they lack medics. Even the young Sakura had superior medic skills concerning antidoes for example. Of course the life energy healing technique was something special.

Kumo are definitely the most stupid ones and Iwa seem to be pretty irascible.
Old 2011-02-03, 21:40   Link #37
Cael
Lurker Mode

Kages aside, who does Kumo have who's so superior? Samui? We have yet to see any of her abilities. Karui and Omoi? They are a little above the level of the Konoha 11. Tango? He's working the radio. Tenga idolizes Inoichi and Shii is a medical and genjutsu using sensor. It's nice to see someone with more than one use, but his medical skills are not the same as Tsunades. It's a shame we don't see more genjutsu used in the current battles but it seems it's become an Uchiha showcase thing. That leaves Darui. As the leader of a division I would expect him to have some powerful moves. But they are no more impressive than Guy's or Kakashi's stuff. Since this story is focused on Konoha, we're never going to see a truely comparable spectrum of Kumo shinobi. But the leaf is the center of the ninja world and have had many powerful ninja pass through their ranks... I don't think I need to name them.
Here is a little comparison of the zombies by village:
Spoiler for Zombies - by Village:
I'm not impressed by the Leaf Zombies, but their strongest are either not summon-able or their DNA has not been collected.
Updated Ninja Tracker:
Spoiler for Size - Ninja Tracker:
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 22:38   Link #38
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Konoha is the main character's home. It's the co-main character's former home and obsession. It gave birth to the three main villains. The creator based his own hometown on it. It's the center of the Nartuo universe. Kishimoto has done a good job at showcasing the other villages unlike in Part 1. But at the end of the day, Konoha will save the day and win the war. When the war had its official start, the Konoha 11 were featured in the color spread. No one else. Expect Kishi to power them up when he finally starts to focus on them. Right now we are still in the opening rounds of the war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
I don't think Darui will die. He needs to survive to lead the new generation of Kumo.
Omoi and Karui can do that. And they have a connection to Naruto unlike Darui. Who before this chapter was Dar...who? Darui seems to more be of Yugito and Kakashi's generation.

Since Darui's division is getting major backup, they have to get their arsed kick in. Choza can't die until Ino-Shika-Cho reforms and does some crazy uber move. Then he can die. Right now there are only two Kages back in Kumo. Tsunade will have to take the field to face Dan. I can't see A just sitting there. So the Horn Bros killing Darui could force him out there. The only way Darui lives is if Shika and Ino's dads arrive soon to help him.

Speaking of Kumo, did Samui disappear? Wasn't she with the Raikage? Kishi didn't forget about Mei so she might show up somewhere. I see her as being around Temari's level. Maybe she is charged with watching Naruto and KB.

So what exactly is Madara's plan with the Daimyo? This chapter felt more like he wants to kidnap rather than replace them with clones. I also wonder who the hell is left in Konoha if even the toothpick guy and melty face are helping guard the Daimyo. Konohamaru and Hanabi? How could Sasuke resist not attacking that place?
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 22:40   Link #39
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
after reading it all i could say was...pretty lackluster. only because it felt like nothing really happened other then to say they move in 5 hide outs and that zetsu is the land itself.
Old 2011-02-03, 23:12   Link #40
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Omoi and Karui can do that. And they have a connection to Naruto unlike Darui. Who before this chapter was Dar...who? Darui seems to more be of Yugito and Kakashi's generation.
No they can't. Darui was actually introduced back in the kage meeting. And he was actualy quite popular. We seem to love those lazy dopey eyed bad-asses. He is the one that A has chosen to pas down the will of lightning to.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, weekly chapter thread, weekly spoiler discussion