AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 67 59.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 30.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-12, 12:17   Link #101
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Since 20 is the legal drinking age in Japan...Nagisa was legal to get drunk. Notice that Tomoya, and only Tomoya, didn't have any. This is because he is 19.
Old 2009-01-12, 14:19   Link #102
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Yeah, Japan is really really against underage drinking for some reason.
Old 2009-01-12, 14:31   Link #103
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

"Heavily regulated" seems to be the legal claim.
Old 2009-01-12, 15:59   Link #104
cbatty
Such is liff

Finally saw the episode... loved it - especially the drunk Nagisa scene. One drink is all it took? I wonder what proof it was

I agree with Master Chibi - it would be nice to see some physical affection between Tomoya and Nagisa. I'm not saying there hasn't been any implied in the past episodes. However they are married now. Perhaps in the next episode?
Old 2009-01-12, 17:51   Link #105
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbatty View Post
Finally saw the episode... loved it - especially the drunk Nagisa scene. One drink is all it took? I wonder what proof it was
It's sake... I assume Nagisa's physical constitution is terrible, with that as a result.
Old 2009-01-12, 17:54   Link #106
destiny4everlove

Episode 13

-Sanae’s banana bread was priceless!! She gave banana bread a whole new meaning.

-I liked how Sanae (being wiser than Nagisa) let Nagisa know that it was not a good idea to interfere between Akio and Tomoya’s baseball battle.

-I truly liked how Sanae cheered Tomoya up (after he failed to hit Akio’s throws) by telling him that he should keep trying hard for Nagisa’s sake.

-Loved how Tomoya kept practicing and practicing with the bat, even in the rain for Nagisa’s hand sake. That was so sweet.

-“Nagisa you must not get in their way when men battle”…Sanae sharing a little wisdom with us girls…

-Regarding the baseball battle, I think it was Akio’s way to make sure that Tomoya was worthy of her daughter. He wanted for Tomoya to work a little extra hard for Nagisa’s hand. And after witnessing all the effort Tomoya put for Nagisa’s sake, and after talking with Sanae (because I have a feelings they had a conversation before the last baseball "battle" scene) Akio was finally ready to give Nagisa to Tomoya.

-Loved the scene of Tomoya bowing in front of Akio and asking him to please give Nagisa to him!!

-The Furuwakas are amazing in-laws without a doubt! I loved how Sanae said that Tomoya and Nagisa's happiness was now going to be Sanae and Akio's happiness too.

-So it seems that from now on every Christmas Nagisa will add a new Dango squishy pillow to her collection.

-Nagisa’s face when she smelled the sake was so adorably cute!!!

-Druken Nagisa was priceless!! She is bossy, she is jealous, she is feisty, she is confident, she is not afraid to show her awesomeness. I loved that scene!

-So Nagisa sees her mom as her greatest rival for Tomoya , I wonder why Nagisa never saw Kyo, Ryo or Tomoyo as her love rivals but she is very jealous of her mother.

-“Sane has huge boobs” Akio is too much!!

-“I’m not playing with him, I’m serious”. Being liked by a younger guy must be a great boost to Sanae’s confidence and vanity.

-Loved Tomoya’s look when Nagisa was sleeping on his lap, that look was filled with so much love!

-What’s with the third semester and Nagisa’s health? Why does she get sick around that time of the year? Does something happens in the city that makes Nagisa sick? What is the connection between that time of the year, the city and Nagisa?

-I don’t know why but Nagisa always looks extra beautiful when she is laying on her bed sick. Maybe the animators do that on purpose…

-Loved how Tomoya planned and organized a graduation ceremony for Nagisa! He loves her so much!!

-Kotomi, I totally agree with you “It’s not Sunohara without the blond hair”.

-It was so nice seeing all the gang together again. That’s true friends for you, the kind of friends that even when you don’t see them every day; you know you can count on them any day.

-Mei is such a huge Yoshino fan, isn’t she?

-Nagisa’s speech was so touching. I loved how she described her journey through High School, starting from the very important scene in Episode 1 at the bottom of the hill until Nagisa being sick and not being able to go to the graduation ceremony in this episode.

“Okazaki Nagisa” yay!! They married!! I’m not going to lie, I did want to see a wedding ceremony and Nagisa wearing a wedding dress, but considering Tomoya and Nagisa’s financial situation (especially Tomoya’s) and all the costs that a wedding, even a simple one implies, I think it makes more sense for them not to have a wedding ceremony. After all, what’s important is not the wedding ceremony (I mean, how many people have lavish wedding ceremonies to end up divorcing just a couple of monts later), what’s important is the feelings, the trust, commitment and love between the two people marrying, so I’m not that disappointed that Nagisa and Tomoya didn’t have a wedding ceremony as I thought I would be.

-Married Nagisa with her hair tied up looks so beautiful and so much more mature.

I can’t wait to watch the next episode!! Please let it be a kiss in the next episode!!

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
Old 2009-01-12, 18:40   Link #107
TenkenXD
The Terror of Death

Lol, in the previews it looks like Tomoya might be getting more than a kiss eh?

Anyways, hands down, I personally thought this was the best episode of the AS series, maybe even all of Clannad. But that might be takin it a bit far.

A lot of people have been saying a little kiss wouldn't traumatize any small children and I agree! Though I prolly wont go so far as to say it's necessary as the whole romance is built on other things than physical affection.

Umm...the graduation scene was slightly prolly the only "flaw" even though the title of the ep was "Graduation" I thought it wasted likr 3-4 minutes recapping the series (think of one of those flashback episodes that recaps the ENTIRE SERIES in any other anime and this is practically it) but I loved the ending.

11/12/08: Bought Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World at 6:18 P.M.
11/14/08: Finished Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World at 2:21 P.M.

Anything else...?
Old 2009-01-12, 21:10   Link #108
Beo
where's the snow?

Do not think physical intimacy is going to be shown, maybe at most a hug or close sitting. So many shows have so much of it going on that when a show comes up that does not have it, people get upset. Because its not shown, it does not mean its not there.

For one whole school year, she has been at Tomoya's place for breakfast in the mornings and making him dinner when he comes home. How many weekends are in there? How many holiday's? There is a lot of time in there of them being close. It would have been nice to see them interacting and being close on their times together more than just face smashing.
Old 2009-01-12, 22:27   Link #109
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Finally Some Clannad I needed it . Loved Nagisa's Graduation was so awesome, Nagisa drunk was hilarious 10/10
Old 2009-01-12, 23:03   Link #110
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenkenXD View Post
A lot of people have been saying a little kiss wouldn't traumatize any small children and I agree! Though I prolly wont go so far as to say it's necessary as the whole romance is built on other things than physical affection.
Though, some of us do want the payoff of seeing our two leads share at least one kiss on screen!

Should I mention Lamune or not?
Old 2009-01-14, 09:22   Link #111
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

It just dawned upon my thick-headed skull that they've already spent 4 episodes (AS 10-13) covering the same length of time it took to cover in the previous 32 episodes (S1 1-23 + AS 1-9).

When you're still a student, time would feel like it passes by extremely slowly, hence all the "fun" stuff Tomoya experienced in the space of one year.

But once you leave school, your perspective of time changes significantly as you settle down in your job, doing the same things everyday, so during this time, a year passes by very quickly for Tomoya.
Old 2009-01-14, 18:15   Link #112
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Wow this episode was beautiful and funny !

Beautiful = Nagisa x Tomoya just them , they are so cute together ! In the end , finally holding hands and engaged !

Funny = The drunk part was awesome ^^ The parents are so funny Nagisa too ahah !

The next will be good ^^

(but , maybe its a bad thing when nagisa is always sick in the same season .... hope it will don't turn like a sad end ! )
Old 2009-01-14, 20:10   Link #113
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Still have almost half a season left. Plenty of time for a good and/or bad ending.
Old 2010-05-06, 14:15   Link #114
OkamiNoKaze

What a great episode, Really shows his dedication to Nagisa with the baseball thing. A Drunk Nagisa is hilarious, as well as Sanae. Nagisa showed, that she is indeed Akio's Daughter, in that scene. Too bad there was no wedding scene, I thought that's what he was callling Sunohara about, turns out it was for Graduation, which was a rather nice scene, and good speech by Nagisa.
Old 2010-05-08, 19:40   Link #115
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Be sure to write your thoughts when you get to episoe 18.
Old 2011-09-10, 04:27   Link #116
xanderhunter

Hi all, like to apologize in advance for necroing a thread but seeing as this series is fairly old and I spent some time doing a google search for a forum that had any discussion about this episode and this was really the only one.

I noticed something in Nagisa's speech she mentioned that she has been going to that school for 5 years, but then she says she was in her 2nd senior year of high school when she met Tomoya, then she had to take a 3rd senior year. By my math that would put her at 6 years not 5, but it may be just my misunderstanding at the Japanese school year.

All in all I'm really liking the series so far and cant wait to finish the After Story.
Old 2011-09-10, 05:10   Link #117
Vegard Aune

No, that would just be the omnipresent issue of trying to use the American grade-system which is different from the Japanese one in the translation. (Dear every single fansub or official translator to have ever done this; Please stop.) Japanese high school is three years long. So having to redo her final year twice would indeed mean that it took her a total of five years to graduate.
Old 2011-09-10, 13:05   Link #118
xanderhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
No, that would just be the omnipresent issue of trying to use the American grade-system which is different from the Japanese one in the translation. (Dear every single fansub or official translator to have ever done this; Please stop.) Japanese high school is three years long. So having to redo her final year twice would indeed mean that it took her a total of five years to graduate.
Yeah kinda figured it was something like that, I did actually go and look up info on Japanese school info and although it did give me the age range of 15-18 it didnt say how many years of school it was and my sleep deprived brain couldn't remember what age he went to high school at 9 years ago or so and also the way we decided what year you would be in based on your birthday.
Old 2011-09-11, 01:32   Link #119
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I praised animes that gives value to marriage rather than purely romance.
Closed Thread