AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-08-11, 15:43   Link #301
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subarunyon View Post
Chap 37: Mugi / Ritsu Chapter. So moe I got diabetes x3
I just finished reading that one. Talk about awesome. So much stuff I'd like to see in animated form in the far future. It will be curious to see which if any of these chapters ends up in that bonus episode.
Old 2009-08-12, 23:15   Link #302
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Finally got around to reading the K-On! manga... mostly everything is 'as expected' but, Mugi is very interesting. She comes off as quite a bit more dodgy or 'yakuza' under her happy exterior (very rich crime family?). Its possible she's just a part of an old powerful clan (as most of the corporate names actually refer to power families in Japan) but it makes her quite a bit more interesting as a character and I'm a bit sorry that didn't make the transition to the anime very clearly.

In the anime, she seems positively stricken and embarrassed as the servants and workers scamper in horror to make everything perfect.

@Fate21: about five seconds with Google is all it takes to find an online scanlation. Actually, only *licensed* material is verboten to point out. I'm not sure what the status is of K-On! manga (unlicensed?) but it is pretty easy to find.
The K-On manga should be unlicensed over in the States.

I do think that she belongs to "old money". I mean: wearing kimonos for three days straight while entertaining guests during the New Year? Probably not yakuza (yakuza-run music stores? Now, that would be something).
Old 2009-08-16, 21:30   Link #303
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

An update for Mandarin fans: K-On volume two is now out in Mandarin.
Old 2009-08-18, 06:39   Link #304
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
An update for Mandarin fans: K-On volume two is now out in Mandarin.
Is it a scanalation or translated publisher like Chuang Yi?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 09:16   Link #305
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Official, by Sharp Point Publishing. You porbably know them better as Jian Duan Publishing. They also do Hidamari Sketch.
Old 2009-08-28, 06:12   Link #306
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

New manga chapter.
The band & Sawako go on trip at a Rock Music Festival.
Old 2009-08-28, 08:40   Link #307
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Its weird, I thought that after seeing some jokes being reused so often it would kinda bore me but they totally don't.
As usual Mugi-chan's little bits are just great, stuff with Sawa-chan still made me chuckle and Mio-chan found a kindred spirit!
Old 2009-08-28, 09:57   Link #308
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I wish Mugi would just help apply insect repellant in other places......no fun.

Just a question, did any of you get jealous when Mio went gaga over the male lefty player?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-08-28, 14:03   Link #309
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

Like Azusa, I was hoping Yui get some chara development during the concert, but we get the usual "I'm concerned with something random" stuff Some nice moments with Azusa though. I'm starting to like Azusa more
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 08:34   Link #310
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

It's Yui. If she gets any less air-headed, she won't be Yui any more.
Old 2009-08-30, 05:50   Link #311
prnoct90

anyone know when vol 3 will be out in japan?
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 10:09   Link #312
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
It's Yui. If she gets any less air-headed, she won't be Yui any more.
I was hoping that she would have a subtle ecchi scene with Mio which she is asking the latter to "assist" her in playing the double bass guitar (not to be confused with the double bass cello, this one is a bass guitar with 2 necks).

Now that to-loveru has ended, this is the only other ecchi manga where I can let my mind run free.

Old 2009-08-30, 20:29   Link #313
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, I still don't see K-On as ecchi, although Mugi does act like a dirty old man at times. Konata would have approved.
Old 2009-09-08, 19:18   Link #314
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Ohh, a chapter that I just realized has none of the LMC OGs in any speaking appearances...

More time for Asuza to shine

And for Ui to be shocked by revelations on her sister

And for this Jun character to be infected by the LMC disease; She's showing the typical symptoms, such as a desire to just have fun with no motivation in the pursuit of music (The same symptoms half the club already exhibits )
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 19:22   Link #315
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The year ones have their day in the spotlight.
Old 2009-09-08, 20:33   Link #316
zetsubou-san
suicidal self-flagellator

Jun reminds me of Ritsu somehow. So the next generation will consist of Asuza (guitar), Ui (another guitar) and Jun (unknown) who will spend their summers and spring break / Golden Week with their Onee-chans and add to Mugi's harem villas?

Somehow I think the author may continue the story after gen 1 of the K-on club graduates...
zetsubou-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 09:30   Link #317
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

We got another "Azunyan looks like Mio" fanservice at the end of the chapter. This time a tanned "Mio", and obviously, she is mine.

What the author can actually expand on is how Ui grows jealous about Azunyan being hugged by Yui all the time, culminating into the destruction of Mut-tan in the hands of the "yandere siscon". By the time they graduate and make up, Azunyan gets Elizabeth and Ui gets Giita.

P.S Actually Sawako could have differentiated between the two by the skin colour. She probably used the excuse of look-alike to grope Mio's breasts.

Old 2009-09-12, 11:45   Link #318
GlancingReverse

I always thought that was what was assumed to have happened in the first place. Although, I guess you could say that she really couldn't tell.
GlancingReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 00:07   Link #319
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

New chapter. This one is focused on Yui and Ui! so funny xD

Spoiler for new chap:
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 05:00   Link #320
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I thought Mio was so cute in the very last panel. Sorry Azunyan, I want your sister again.

What is wrong with Mugi this episode? There are so many potential instances of love between the girls yet she made no comment.....

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life