Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-31, 19:41   Link #21
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
all those fighter girls are going to be in his harem
Yes i think the same...however.. i don't know if this will be good or bad for this guy..

i mean,more he become close to the Queen...more he is in trouble...and i think that the Queen,has also too many guys that fall for her...

Poor guy...or not.. depends on how you see this... (because the Queen is hot)

And then, in the first 12 chapter.. the boy has found:

The powerful Queen Tsundere

The China girl that help to train the Queen

The Cat girl that is crazy..(I laughed a lot when she read the book: how to conquer a boy)

The twin tail green hair girl..with glasses, that seems clumsy..but we know that she is strong..(a double personality)

Well..an amazing start....
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 20:42   Link #22
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for ch12:
Old 2011-10-31, 22:28   Link #23
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Chapter 12 was great, he did infact drop her lol

Lucky for her she has got the reflexes.

I do have to say I do like that he doesn't want anything to do with the league, while in other series where a MC doesn't want anything but a peaceful school life this one I can accept and understand concerning his situtaion.
I do honestly hope he doesn't actually get dragged into the league when the time comes and some other twist is played instead concerning it all.
Altho I get the feeling he may end up in it anyway and actually winning somehow lol.

Well putting that aside I am totally loving Lee Go Seul! <3
I knew she was gonna be awesome!

Order of Butt whipping and bum spanking please!
Old 2011-11-01, 01:59   Link #24
Xion Valkyrie

Thanks for highlighting this. The characters are great so far and the manhwa balanced comedy and drama pretty well.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 05:06   Link #25
Mentar
Banned

Without spoiler tag, since the scanlation is already out...

I wouldn't go so far to say that the Queen was intending to do him a favor *lol*. When she wrote in his name, she was still mad as hell for (seemingly) peeping at her in the shower. And keep in mind that she was also mad at him and refused when he asked Queen to please cancel the fight.

No, it's rather that she didn't foresee his reaction. And that she didn't want this outcome (him dropping out of school) at all. She realized that she had overdone it, which is why she also tagged along to visit him. And seeing what situation he's in and how he's struggling to make ends meet only heaped more coals on her head.

Keep in mind: His "Monster" shook her up to the core. She isn't even sure that he's wrong. And after finding out how things really are, I feel that Queen gained quite a bit of respect for him. His opinion of her DOES matter to the Queen. And from this perspective, reread the exchange.

The tournament is her world. This is where she shines. "It's not shameful losing against me in my world". However, all this doesn't matter to him. I don't even think that he's worried about pain and injuries other than anything so severe that he can't earn money for his siblings anymore. His key line is "But the way you treat me... the thought that it won't stop here... that's what scares me". Without knowing and noticing, he's slashing once more into her open wound - that he's scared of the Monster she is.

So, in a nutshell, when she wrote him in, she was still in revenge mode. Just when he apologized and offered to retire, she noticed that she absolutely didn't want that, and that she had overdone it. Her attempts to re-shape the competition as something positive failed, and she got stung once more - in reality, it matters alot to her that he does NOT see her as a Monster. This is why she relented in the end, and promised to leave him alone (won't happen).

A very nice and sensitive setup of a generally nice and reasonable guy with a real spine, who had several misfortunes which caused him to inadvertently REALLY sting a tsundere Queen. I'm totally looking forward to see how this story unfolds
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 10:17   Link #26
asbo

this manhwa is really interesting, great art is great
asbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 13:24   Link #27
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

What Mentar said, I think it's kinda along the lines of she may have meant some good along with a little bit of bitter-ness, you know also a chance to whip his butt but it didn't quite go as planned.

Indeed can't wait to see how things unfold here.
Old 2011-11-01, 17:27   Link #28
Chandalen

Mentar said what I was intending to say just fleshed out quite nicely (as usual). What I should of said initially was, "Am I supposed to believe that she was doing him a favour?". To me it simply seemed like she was trying to spin things to make herself seem less of a "monster" to Jae Gu (and herself probably more importantly).

Thankfully that didn't work, and I also really enjoyed the effect of the "how you treat me" speech. Not that I'm spiteful towards the queen, but it's more of a forced reflection to her which is beneficial to her character growth. Though I am concerned/disappointed that the "OMG maybe women aren't all bad" line came to soon for this series.
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 18:32   Link #29
Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandalen View Post
Mentar said what I was intending to say just fleshed out quite nicely (as usual). What I should of said initially was, "Am I supposed to believe that she was doing him a favour?". To me it simply seemed like she was trying to spin things to make herself seem less of a "monster" to Jae Gu (and herself probably more importantly).

Thankfully that didn't work, and I also really enjoyed the effect of the "how you treat me" speech. Not that I'm spiteful towards the queen, but it's more of a forced reflection to her which is beneficial to her character growth. Though I am concerned/disappointed that the "OMG maybe women aren't all bad" line came to soon for this series.
The author has a habit of making short stories so this manwha may not be as long as you think.
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 18:35   Link #30
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Rankings: Lee Moon > Go Seul > Dal Dal > Queen. Might change after next chapter =03.

Last edited by frubam; 2011-11-01 at 18:45.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 18:50   Link #31
Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
My rankings: Lee Moon > Go Seul > Dal Dal > Queen. Might change after next chapter =03.
Same here! and to be honest Go Seul is the first "ditzy glasses girl" type character in a manga/manwha which hasn't got on my nerves (hopefully it stays that way).
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 19:01   Link #32
Chandalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd View Post
The author has a habit of making short stories so this manwha may not be as long as you think.
This strangely doesn't bother me. I guess that explains some of the 'suddenness' that we've commented on with the past few chapters.
Old 2011-11-02, 05:49   Link #33
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Rankings: Lee Moon > Go Seul > Dal Dal > Queen. Might change after next chapter =03.
It's interesting, actually. I honestly couldn't make any global ranking of personal preference here, because all girls are very distinct, and so far none of them registers with our male lead on the romance radar at all ^_^;

If you'd ask me how likable the girls in their current form are, I'd go with Lee Moon > Dal Dal > Go Seul > Queen.

If you'd ask me who I'd like to see romantic developments with, I'd say Queen > Dal Dal > Lee Moon > Go Seul

Very different. But the way I see it, this show is about the classic setting of "Spoiled problematic super ojousama gets affected and gradually changed for the better by intensive contact with normal, decent person". A theme I've learned to love since Maria-sama ga Miteru, even though this show's setting is diametrally opposed.

Too bad. I'd love to have the next 50 chapters right away ^_^
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 06:12   Link #34
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Spoiler for 13
Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-06, 17:33   Link #35
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 13:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 19:37   Link #36
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

So there are other guys that do these fighting, thought it was just all girls.
Old 2011-11-07, 22:36   Link #37
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c13:
Old 2011-11-07, 23:00   Link #38
Chandalen

Setup chapter for possible major beatdowns next chapter?
Old 2011-11-08, 00:10   Link #39
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

And so with chapter 13 Lee Moon now becomes my favorite character even over taking my oh so adorable glasses lass!

She's a real hoot of a character and the fact she can put a stupid grin on my face when she's on scene, you can't help but love her!

And also helps that she is perfectly toned, I mean O.M.G.
I eagerly await the day when she lets her hair down!

Still hoping Jae Gu doesn't really get involved the in the fighting or the tournament.
This chapter does hint at the possiblity he might join the boxing club afterwards but I don't want that.
Old 2011-11-08, 05:13   Link #40
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler for c13:

Hahaha, this was funny

I laugh when Lee Moon Young said : Hey four-eyed first year! i'll take care of this so you can go now. go on!
hahaha..what a strong character..well, i know that she was like this...

and Dal Dal She is not in school because a permanent marker..she is like a cat

Hot Hot hot!!!!

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2011-11-08 at 05:30.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
great siblings, queenxjae gu, romance, runaway mom