AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-22, 10:03   Link #201
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Not a second season but an OVA will be nice, they can ask the original writer for that so the fans can consider it canon xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-08-22, 22:05   Link #202
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Not a second season but an OVA will be nice, they can ask the original writer for that so the fans can consider it canon xD
Okada confirmed at an event earlier this year that there will be an OVA. That's all the news we have on it. We might get more information once the BD-Box is officially solicited.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2011-08-22, 23:51   Link #203
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

The OVA can be pretty much anything. A continuation(Ryuuji & Taiga's After Story xD), an alternate story(Minori or Amy route?) or even a missing event inside the orignal story.

Fortunately i like everything adn everyone in toradora! so it's really difficult to create something that manage to dissapoint me xD. I'll wait impàtiently for this new material xD!

Mmhhh... a Yasuko/Inko-chan centric story will be fine too xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-11, 10:18   Link #204
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
BD-Box to be released on 12/21/2011. 6 discs, (4 episodes on the first 4 discs, 5 episodes on the 5th disc, and extras on the final disc)

There will be an OVA on the final disc!

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2011-09-12, 02:46   Link #205
AP24

This was already announced early this year but finally we have a release date and it's near Christmas. Hoooly, Hoooly Niiight!

Since the bonus episode is on the last disc then it is likely that it will take place after the TV series. Maybe they will show the PSP game's Taiga ending.
Old 2011-09-12, 16:50   Link #206
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

OMG! Pregnant Taiga?

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-24, 22:44   Link #207
AP24

Screenshots from the OVA episode is out here:
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/toradora_bd/

It looks like this episode takes place somewhere in the middle. Too bad, a lot of people were hoping it to be some after story.

Some say that it is adapted from part of the spin-off stories.
Old 2011-11-25, 01:24   Link #208
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

It's a shame it's not an after story OVA but at least the premise of a spin-off from the novels sounds good, i've read the novel version of "The Palmtop Tiger of Happiness" and it was hilarious xD! I wonder what story the OVA will follow, the good thing is that the scans shows that almost everybody will appear in the OVA xD

I'm impatiently waiting to see Taiga and the gang again xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-25, 19:20   Link #209
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It's probably anime original. Just a little promo to help boost the BD sales, after all.

Doing a close adaptation of the Palmtop Tiger of Happiness would have been good. But I think they did a piece of that in the anime, so it'd be pointless to re-do it.
Old 2011-11-25, 23:25   Link #210
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It's probably anime original. Just a little promo to help boost the BD sales, after all.

Doing a close adaptation of the Palmtop Tiger of Happiness would have been good. But I think they did a piece of that in the anime, so it'd be pointless to re-do it.
If IIRC the novels have various side stories that was left out of the anime so there's still a good load of material that can be used for the OVA xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-20, 16:07   Link #211
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I just watched it and too bad the oav is an anime original filler about bentos and food
Old 2011-12-20, 16:20   Link #212
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I just watched it and too bad the oav is an anime original filler about bentos and food
Yeah ... was not terribly impressed tbh.
Old 2011-12-21, 06:45   Link #213
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Already watched the OVA, even if it's RAW the plot is very easy to understand. I can say without doubt that i LOVED IT xD! Even if it's a self-contained episode it showcases almost all of the main cast and give us the classic flavour of the early chapters xD!

Some people find it dissapointing because it's not an "after story" but i can say the option selected is also good because the OVA it's filled with samples of what makes Toradora funny and enjoyable in first place.

But don't believe me, go watch it for yourselves.

Thanks again Flower xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-21, 19:04   Link #214
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I want to remind everyone that you may not ask for or provide Raws whether in this thread or via PM on this website. Please consult the Forum Rules for more information.

(And also, as an aside, I want to mention that the "OVA" is actually a bonus episode for those who buy the Blu-Ray box.)
Old 2011-12-22, 05:34   Link #215
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Nope, it's an adaptation of "Behold My Bento" from the third side story collection. BT hasn't translated it, but here's the caption for one of the illustrations: "When Kitamura’s mother tries to make a super fancy three tier bentou lunchbox, Ryuuji’s house-husband spirit catches fire! --- “Behold My Bento!”"
Old 2011-12-22, 11:57   Link #216
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ So, it's a real part of the continuity after all? Cool xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-22, 19:24   Link #217
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Some people find it dissapointing because it's not an "after story" but i can say the option selected is also good because the OVA it's filled with samples of what makes Toradora funny and enjoyable in first place.!
Totally agree =03. Without all the heaviness of subtle(or blatant) char drama, you could easily relax and enjoy this episode w/o trying to analysis minor developments between chars. Taiga and Ryuuji really had a 'couple' feeling to them, esp since there wasn't any focus of her adoration of Kitamura(don't know when this side story takes in relation to the main story). Plenty of funny moments to be had here. I especially lol'd at having the rice cooker cooking in the back of the classroom and everyone knowing Ryuuji was the culprit . There wasn't an ounce of tsun from Taiga either, which made her 10x more toradorable than usual X03!
Closed Thread

Tags
re-watch, toradora