AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-11-28, 19:46   Link #101
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'll be there. That will be my first time at Comiket so I'm quite excited, though I don't have much of an idea what to expect.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 20:48   Link #102
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'll be there. That will be my first time at Comiket so I'm quite excited, though I don't have much of an idea what to expect.
Same here!

You'll be there all three days?

Do you have any specific plans yet (circles, events, transportation)?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 21:30   Link #103
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

No, no specific plans and I doubt I'll make it for all three days. As for transport, it's just Tokyo Metro to the Yurikamome line and I'm there!
Old 2012-12-09, 00:33   Link #104
Malkuth
Banned

... and it weights a ton... easily can be used as a weapon to crack a skull
Old 2012-12-19, 20:49   Link #105
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Can any Winter Comiket veterans tell me if one of the three days tends to be more or less busy than the others? I know it's going to be a mad rush on all three, but as a first-timer it might not hurt to strategize a little.
Old 2012-12-21, 07:29   Link #106
Malkuth
Banned

After a quick glimpse in the catalogue... the first two days are for touhou and yaoi, while the third is for more "mainstream" hentai doujinshi
Old 2012-12-21, 19:01   Link #107
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
After a quick glimpse in the catalogue... the first two days are for touhou and yaoi, while the third is for more "mainstream" hentai doujinshi
Not exclusively though, I assume? Having never been I would would have thought there's at least some crossover.
Old 2012-12-23, 19:28   Link #108
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I feel like I owe myself to go to one of these, just once, but a small voice inside me says if I do, I may stop being the lifelong anime fan I am today.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 19:16   Link #109
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 03:53   Link #110
Malkuth
Banned

Day One Report

First of all someone tricked me and I ended up wasting all night in Ageha (which sucks, unless you're into these rave-stuff and wants to pick up chicks for an one-night-stand)... so morning lining up for Kantoku and corporate booths was out of the question.

Images

We arrived around 12:00, and took us about 30 minutes to reach Kantoku's booth, by then (in less than 3 hours), he had sold out everything, packed and was counting the money he had made

Images

The majority of the circles in the east halls were yaoi today, with a few male-oriented works in the corner of hall-3 (about 20 booths out of 1000), and some non-anime/manga otaku stuff, like photo albums, model trains, music, etc. The waiting lines weren't that bad, but the most popular cirles had already sold out their new doujinshi by 13:00.

Images

But this was nothing compared to the corporate booths, SHAFT had sold out, and the waiting lines even to see promo were insane, even at 14:00... 5pb (staff dressed as S;G characters) and SHAFT (among others) had staff creating queues outside the exhibition hall and when there was space inside, moved 50-100 persons at a time (about every 30 minutes)... how should I put it... it was just surreal. Even Wani magazine and Hobby Japan had sold out most of their merchandise and I only managed to get an artbook from Hisasi and Homonculus... I just hope they restock tomorrow.

At least, I managed to grab Fate/Apocalypse from the TYPE-MOON booth

Images

So tomorrow, without stupid late night distractions, I hope I will be in time for Touhou doujinshi, and the rest of the TM and Wani merchandise I missed today.
Old 2012-12-30, 05:45   Link #111
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Whoever's going to donate blood, can I get the Nanoha poster? I can't go XD (I'll get it once I earned enough XD... I still have to look for the Schwertkreuz movie version cause I lost my copy XD)
Old 2012-12-30, 06:40   Link #112
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Whoever's going to donate blood, can I get the Nanoha poster? I can't go XD (I'll get it once I earned enough XD... I still have to look for the Schwertkreuz movie version cause I lost my copy XD)
So that was it all about... I saw one poster, but couldn't stand long enough to decipher it

Day Two (66% yaoi, 33% touhou)

This time I used the Rinai line to reach Kokusai-Tenjijō station (~650m from Tokyo Big Sight), which was a wise choice considering that there was the start of the queue to enter comiket.

Images

So arriving at 9:45, I had to wait about 45 minutes to enter the Big Sight, and then another 20-25 minutes to enter West Halls 3&4 (corporate booths) which unfortunately had not restocked. Then about half an hour to reach the East Halls (doujin area). That was a complete waste of time

This time there were even more people in the West Halls, but less lining up for the popular booths... 5pb line was half then yesterday (~100m and 5-6 person wide, check the first photo below).

Images

The East Halls were also crazy packed, I managed to visit the three booths I planned (after waiting for 10-15 minutes in line for each one), and browse through most of the touhou doujinshi circles for new artists

Images

All this until 13:30 when I had to leave, which was an adventure itself... it took 45 minutes to plow through the crowd from the edge of the East Halls (where the touhou circles were located) to the entrance of Kokusai-Tenjijō station, where another long line to enter the train was... needless to say the train was totally packed with fudonshi and lolicons until Ōimachi station

Images

Pictures are more shaky today, because the area was more crowded, and there is not only no way to stand still (except from designated areas), but I could hardly open my backpack most of the time to stuff the doujinshi I bought.
Old 2012-12-30, 07:43   Link #113
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
So that was it all about... I saw one poster, but couldn't stand long enough to decipher it

Day Two (66% yaoi, 33% touhou)

This time I used the Rinai line to reach Kokusai-Tenjijō station (~650m from Tokyo Big Sight), which was a wise choice considering that there was the start of the queue to enter comiket.

Images

So arriving at 9:45, I had to wait about 45 minutes to enter the Big Sight, and then another 20-25 minutes to enter West Halls 3&4 (corporate booths) which unfortunately had not restocked. Then about half an hour to reach the East Halls (doujin area). That was a complete waste of time

This time there were even more people in the West Halls, but less lining up for the popular booths... 5pb line was half then yesterday (~100m and 5-6 person wide, check the first photo below).

Images

The East Halls were also crazy packed, I managed to visit the three booths I planned (after waiting for 10-15 minutes in line for each one), and browse through most of the touhou doujinshi circles for new artists

Images

All this until 13:30 when I had to leave, which was an adventure itself... it took 45 minutes to plow through the crowd from the edge of the East Halls (where the touhou circles were located) to the entrance of Kokusai-Tenjijō station, where another long line to enter the train was... needless to say the train was totally packed with fudonshi and lolicons until Ōimachi station

Images

Pictures are more shaky today, because the area was more crowded, and there is not only no way to stand still (except from designated areas), but I could hardly open my backpack most of the time to stuff the doujinshi I bought.
Can you help me by getting that Nanoha poster?
To get that poster donate 400 ml of blood?
Old 2012-12-30, 07:47   Link #114
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Can you help me by getting that Nanoha poster?
To get that poster donate 400 ml of blood?
Funny that you are talking about that poster, it seems to go for over 8k円 in yahoo auctions

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e130331320
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 08:08   Link #115
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

My paypal broke so I can't wait xD
Old 2012-12-30, 08:35   Link #116
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Funny that you are talking about that poster, it seems to go for over 8k円 in yahoo auctions

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e130331320
400ml of my blood definitely worth more than 9500円 (->last bid)
Old 2012-12-30, 09:20   Link #117
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
400ml of my blood definitely worth more than 9500円 (->last bid)
400 ml is cheaper than 9500 yen.
Old 2012-12-30, 15:43   Link #118
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Regardless what you can get, not only it would be a huge time sink (which is really not something you would want to commit, unless it is your top priority booth), but you will be unlikely to donate your blood as a foreigner.

Conditions are quite strict (if you've spent X weeks in a given country for Y period, no dice) and if you fail to fully comprehend the document they ask you to read, you are outright disqualified for it.
Old 2012-12-30, 20:01   Link #119
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Wait, they are strict with that too?

Final bid for that poster is: 10,053 円.
Old 2012-12-31, 04:49   Link #120
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Regardless what you can get, not only it would be a huge time sink (which is really not something you would want to commit, unless it is your top priority booth), but you will be unlikely to donate your blood as a foreigner.

Conditions are quite strict (if you've spent X weeks in a given country for Y period, no dice) and if you fail to fully comprehend the document they ask you to read, you are outright disqualified for it.
I was not seriously considering donating blood, after spending 14 hours standing in lines, rather another approach

anyway... I made it back home alive and with these (NSFW & R-18 obsured for obvious reasons):

If you want cover photos and content info PM me, but don't ask me to scan the interior, I won't do it

Details about the experience (since today I realized why otaku are loathed, as well as why in general their country is so bloody awesome)... but after I sleep, watch Neko, and return from Meiji Jinguu... if I still have any energy left