5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 11.11%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 7.41%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-01-27, 22:45   Link #21
Hyuuga Hitomi

It was pretty good... for a filler. I love Shikamaru and Temari's bickering.

I want to see both Gaara and Naruto go demon on the last guy. But he probably won't be worth the trouble once his weapon is gone.
Hyuuga Hitomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 00:07   Link #22
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

A very decent filler arc to welcome us back to the main storyline . Would it have killed the poducers to air this before/around 180 ish ?_? . I nomiante this as the best arc of the entire filler set ^^
Old 2007-01-28, 08:20   Link #23
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain

im just glad that we are about to finally start Seeing Naruto: Hurricane Chronicles. Its going to be awesome
Supaiku_of_Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 12:31   Link #24
Electroguy
An Undisclosed Liability

I liked this ep & this arc.

A little bit rushed it seems but its good to see the Konoha crew being tactically active and using their heads to combine their skills and get some winnage.

Looking forward to the conclusion and the impending end of the fillers.

Bring on Part 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
My friend this is the last of the filler stories and ends next week on episode 219.

Episode 220 is the last one for all of the first Naruto series, which airs February 8th.

February 15th is the start of Naruto Shipuuden (Hurricane Chronicles), which is the second Naruto series, going back to the manga storyline (the second part).
Yup. Thats been pretty much confirmed. ^_^
Old 2007-01-28, 13:15   Link #25
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Good filler yes, but still didn't like it.

Everything was in good place, animations, fights, characters, storyline, but still I wasn't satisfied by this episode.

They need to stop switching between the fights, it's so god damn confusing. Rather have the episode split up into 3 parts, with each fight by itself. Also, the episode was quite rushed, but still they could have made a decent one if they didn't swap scenes so many times and "fill in" so much space by meaningless scenes.

I didn't like that Garaa was so weak, neither did I like the fact that Chojiin, Kiba and Kankuro worked so god damn bad together, I mean they are not idiots, they can attack with some decent intelligence

You can say that I WOULD be overjoyed by an episode like this, but compared to how much it's built up, it didn't meet my excpectations. I don't think the Garaa fight will be as amazing, but we can always hope
Old 2007-01-28, 14:31   Link #26
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
I didn't like that Garaa was so weak, neither did I like the fact that Chojiin, Kiba and Kankuro worked so god damn bad together, I mean they are not idiots, they can attack with some decent intelligence
that was a distraction so that akamaru could get all the pieces for kankuros other puppet together.
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 17:05   Link #27
Mr. X

I thought when Gaara pulled out that sand spear/stabby thing and just stabbed through that guy was pretty badass. I mean, damn, he kinda just wasted him like that. Pretty different compared to his other moves like the desert coffin.
Mr. X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 03:04   Link #28
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

never thought I would say this but I feel sorry for Ino in this episode.
she couldn't do a single thing.
not that she has anything useful to use either so I guess it's her own fault. maybe she'll train harder now?

anyways, liked this episode and this Arc. beginning to see the real Anime quality Naruto once was.
can't wait to the new season to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
that was a distraction so that akamaru could get all the pieces for kankuros other puppet together.
not. they really had problems in the beginning, but after a little while they started that plan, but they did not plan it from the beginning though

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 08:09   Link #29
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areguzanda View Post
never thought I would say this but I feel sorry for Ino in this episode.
she couldn't do a single thing.
not that she has anything useful to use either so I guess it's her own fault. maybe she'll train harder now?
I felt bad for Ino too. First she got the whole Shikamaru x Temari thing rubbed in her face. Her "I feel like I don't belong here" spoke volumes. Just imagine if the filler team did that to Sakura if she was with Naruto and Hinata.

Then she can't do anything and is made to look so weak in comparison to Shika's girl Temari. Poor Ino. Even Sakura took pity on her.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 09:52   Link #30
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Meh, I gave this one a 6 which was lower than the last one. In all honesty, the fact that you know that the fillers are going to end is about the only reason to watch these last few episodes. At the very least, Gaara is still as badass as ever regardless if it's the actual storyline or not...
Old 2007-01-29, 10:04   Link #31
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelsol View Post
Meh 7/10... Pretty Anticlimactic, a little too predictable, and very corny in some parts, but still worth watching.

I did get to thinking though, last week a lot of people were complaining that the filler antagonists sucked because they had to rely on weapons and armor to go up against the sand siblings. Then I realized, the sand kids rely just as much on their weapons and armor. Temari with her fan, Kankurou with his puppets, and Gaara with his sand... imagine any of them without their weapons, and they would probably be pretty helpless. This is argumentative, of course, because as far as I know, we've never seen them fight without their weapons. So we really don't know how well they would do without them. But in reality, we've never seen these filler characters fight without theirs.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, sometimes the weapon makes the ninja.
Bah...with at least 2 of these villains, the weapon rather than the skill of its use was the reason they were any sort of problem. The girl's swords added to her chakra and the guy's armor sucked it up. The sand kids may have weapons, but they require deft manipulation. Without Kankuro's skills, for instance, his weapons are merely dead puppets.
Old 2007-01-30, 02:19   Link #32
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
Bah...with at least 2 of these villains, the weapon rather than the skill of its use was the reason they were any sort of problem. The girl's swords added to her chakra and the guy's armor sucked it up. The sand kids may have weapons, but they require deft manipulation. Without Kankuro's skills, for instance, his weapons are merely dead puppets.
How do you know it doesn't require skills to use their weapons as well? I don't think an average guy could use that sword which turns into a three-headed dragon, and neither could an average man use such an armor. It just seems so easy to use those weapons because we don't know the characters, if we look at the way the sand ninja's are usin their weapons, it doesn't seem like it's that hard for them either.
Old 2007-01-30, 04:30   Link #33
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I don't know it they require skills but they look like playmobil's weapons.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 04:44   Link #34
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
The whole point of this arc was to show the "ultimate weapons" created by that village, so it is but natural to show the enemies using said weapons and thus give the Sand Siblings a hard time.

And as the others have said, we don't know the extent of the skill of the enemies WITHOUT their weapons, and we never will, since it is these weapons which are the "highlight" of this arc. Based on how these enemy ninja used their weapons, I'd say that they have an above-average level of skill in wielding them for battle. As for their other "ninja skills" (i.e. ninjutsu, taijutsu, genjutsu), we simply don't know.

You can't call the weapons "unfair" or "cheap" because, fundamentally, they are merely tools (albeit "powered-up" ones) that any decent ninja uses in battle, just like your normal shuriken or kunai.
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 10:17   Link #35
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Ninja's can ble split up into various categories, some relly on taijutsu, others on ninjutsu, while some uses genjutsu, there are also puppeteer's and other kinds of ninjas, I would call these "weapon masters", they are simply Shinobi who uses weapon technuiqes to fight, nothing cowardish with that.
Old 2007-01-30, 11:06   Link #36
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
"Weapon Master" ... ahhh, isn't that what Tenten is supposed to be specializing in? And for some strange reason, she isn't included in the "Return the Favor" team. Seeing as they are supposed to be ultimate weapons, I'd think this mission would be right up Tenten's alley!
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 12:10   Link #37
Xelsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowClone View Post
"Weapon Master" ... ahhh, isn't that what Tenten is supposed to be specializing in? And for some strange reason, she isn't included in the "Return the Favor" team. Seeing as they are supposed to be ultimate weapons, I'd think this mission would be right up Tenten's alley!
Tenten? Who's Tenten?

Maybe someday she'll play an important part...
Xelsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 15:34   Link #38
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelsol View Post
Tenten? Who's Tenten?

Maybe someday she'll play an important part...
yeah, as a sacrificial piece!
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 15:53   Link #39
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowClone View Post
I would say that they fall under the same category as Teten, but they seem much more experienced then her. Thinking of it, she does have some nasty ways of fighting with her weapons, combining her chakra and using scrolls to summon forth swarms of diferent weapons uppon her enemies. I actually find her fighting style very amusing, so it's a big shame that she hadn't played a more important role in Naruto, I guess it's her personality, there's nothing specific about her behaviour, and besides, all the fights she's participated in during the non-filler arcs she's mostly getting owned
Old 2007-01-30, 15:53   Link #40
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain

yeah your probably right
Supaiku_of_Sand is offline   Reply With Quote