AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 153 70.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 13.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 5.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 4.61%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-03, 23:50   Link #21
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I had to follow my orders, so I watched it. And as Magus IX has surmised, it's F-word amazing. Madhouse is going to runout of money if they keep this up. And I'm only talking about the animation. The atmosphere was so tense, that I don't remember even breathing. Time really stopped. I'm pretty stingy with my ratings, but I believe this episode deserves the 10. It practically has no flaw from every aspect of overall animation. Shiroth gets a cookie for being a l33t Englishman whom are very hard to find in the world these days. ^^
Old 2007-04-04, 00:02   Link #22
zalem

Yeah, that's one area where the episode totally wins hands down. The animation was AMAZING. I only hope they're able to keep it up. I still feel L is sort of OOC with the addition of these new scenes, but that's ok. I can always pick up the manga again if I want the manga atmosphere. I can appreciate this episode totally on its own. It's just beautiful.
Old 2007-04-04, 00:08   Link #23
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I regret spoiling myself with a blog, but it was a great episode anyway. Well constructed, well animated, and smart. I still don't quite grasp where L was coming from, but it looked like he felt defeated -- by his friend Light. Poor sod. Christ washing the feet of his disciples was a good reference. And the homoerotic overtones were like a whole new layer of meaning. At this point, I don't have a clue where this show is going...which is a good thing.

Of course, I thought Hirano Aya's delivery of Misa's song was great. Along with the loligoth outfit and animation it made something approaching Ophelia's mad-song in Hamlet. I said I don't know where the show is going, but all I see is bad for Misa.

Shakespeare and the Bible in one episode? Decent.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-04-04, 01:52   Link #24
Blackage

This is the high point of the series, enjoy it while it lasts. >_<
Old 2007-04-04, 07:22   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Shiroth gets a cookie for being a l33t Englishman whom are very hard to find in the world these days. ^^
Thank you. :3

Its not just the added scenes, episode 25 was a epic journey in which Madhouse did there best, and it paid off. I only hope they won't stop here, and carry on doing this awesome job --- even in the second arc.
Old 2007-04-04, 08:18   Link #26
Shiori-chan

this must be the best episode of death note i have ever seen ^^, prolly one of the best anime episodes in overall
Old 2007-04-04, 09:01   Link #27
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Death Note - fantastic, awesome, superb direction on a crappy and stupid plot.

The plot is laughable, seriously. It was so stupid that I wanted to cry in an instant. But it was so well animated, the music was so well on-spot, that I forgot stupid and lame was (plot-wise)
Spoiler:
and I let myself enjoy it. And the Bible reference was excellent (and of course it would be, because it wasn't inside the manga).

MADHOUSE ROCKS.
Old 2007-04-04, 09:31   Link #28
jayj713

My mind is about to explode. This episode was amazing. I'm glad I haven't read the manga, I don't think I would be able to enjoy it as much as I am right now.
Old 2007-04-04, 09:41   Link #29
Sai the Dreamer
Dead Sexy
*Graphic Designer

Where's the 20/10 option? This episode makes my top 5 anime episodes of all time for its sheer epicness. I cried too! Even the classics like AIR and Kanon managed to have me sobbing, maybe shed a tear or two, but this one actually had the water flowing for a good while. And with a mostly shounen series, too! (Not that I mind, but normally I prefer the shoujo ones by quite a long shot... )
Old 2007-04-04, 10:20   Link #30
smeg4brainsuk
Ayanami's Concubine

Send a message via MSN to smeg4brainsuk
This was by far the best frakking episode yet. In fact it was so good i cant see them doing anymore anywhere near this scale (though i avoid spoilers and the manga so i dont know what else is coming up)

Special note to the music, everything from Misa's sweet/sad little song to the huge epic scores were brilliant. I especially loved the piano piece played during the rather touching scene half way through.

10/10
Old 2007-04-04, 10:22   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg4brainsuk View Post
I especially loved the piano piece played during the rather touching scene half way through.
The track is called Light Lights up Light for piano, and its on the second soundtrack --- go order now!
Old 2007-04-04, 10:47   Link #32
Cai Calamigarde
Memento mori...

A perfect eps. I was in a surreal world for 25 mins and a few hours after that.
I'm sorry if somebody already asked this but;

Spoiler for for eps.24:

btw my intension is not to throw mud on the eps. Sorry for this stupid question, but I need the answer for this to clear my head... Thanx
10/10
Old 2007-04-04, 11:05   Link #33
Setsuchan

Definetly a 10/10!!!

This episode was great,even better then 24~!

I'm happy they added the extra scenes that didn't appear in the manga,like the balcony scene and the footsie-scene (yaoifangirlfapmaterial..including me XD). They also made L much 'cuter' and shy then normal,I guess they did all of that to make 'it' more emotional (so the fans would be like "NOOO DAMN YOU LIGHT HOW DARE YOU TO DO THAT TO MY SWEET AND CUDDLY L!!!111elevenone)

To be honest,this is the first time I think the anime is better then the manga..
MADHOUSE,I'm fcking proud at you for making this the best anime-episode I've ever seen,'cause everything was perfect in this episode,the music,animation,added scenes and the mood and just..everything!

Also,by adding those foot and balcony scene,I seem to find Light an even more of a fcking a$$hole then I already thought he was then when I read the manga..he realy is the worst or the worst
..it was realy sad to see L like that,he realy saw Light as a friend by how he was acting and stuff..(in the manga,you didn't realy get that feeling)

Hmm,well,can't wait for next episode,new characters are going to be introduced (but I guess everyone knew that because of the opening XD)

Spoiler:

Last edited by Setsuchan; 2007-04-04 at 11:22.
Old 2007-04-04, 11:07   Link #34
karumofin

i ffound this episode horrible... sure the animation was good, but what does it help when the plot is so infinitely weak? that is the glorious climax that has been building up for 24 episodes? i cant believe how disapointing this was...
Old 2007-04-04, 11:39   Link #35
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cai Calamigarde View Post

Spoiler for for eps.24:

btw my intension is not to throw mud on the eps. Sorry for this stupid question, but I need the answer for this to clear my head... Thanx
10/10
Is that the only hole you found in the story?
Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin
i ffound this episode horrible... sure the animation was good, but what does it help when the plot is so infinitely weak? that is the glorious climax that has been building up for 24 episodes? i cant believe how disapointing this was...
Agreed.
Old 2007-04-04, 11:42   Link #36
smeg4brainsuk
Ayanami's Concubine

Send a message via MSN to smeg4brainsuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cai Calamigarde View Post

Spoiler for for eps.24:

10/10
Bit confused here but remember this is Rem's DN not Ryuk's so Light had no writing in it. Im pretty sure the pages would have been removed anyway otherwise Lights plan would have fallen apart when the note was passed on to Higuchi
Old 2007-04-04, 11:51   Link #37
zalem

Actually, it IS Light's original death note....he gave it to Rem. The one that was buried was Misa's. He had Ryuk attached to the buried note by doing that switching thing he did in the flashback of ep. 24. So that's his writing in it the DN L retrieved. And from the looks of episode 24 the writing is still there. So yes, you'd think they'd have an expert check the handwriting against Light's. Unless Light was smart enough to try to alter his handwriting. He might do that...but I find it hard to believe he would have done that the first couple of times he used it. Just because he didn't even really believe the thing would work, he was just goofing off because he was bored.
Old 2007-04-04, 11:54   Link #38
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

I don't think the pages Light wrote in are there... Someone would notice a huge "Lind L. Taylor", right?
Old 2007-04-04, 11:56   Link #39
zalem

True, he must have ripped the pages out. Otherwise he'd definitely get caught.
Old 2007-04-04, 12:21   Link #40
Mortis
You fool!
*Graphic Designer

It was seriously the best episode ever but still i feel like there was a scene in the manga which should also been icluded in the anime, but sadly it wasnt
For the manga readers, L's last thought after he collapsed.
Still great episode, probably gonna watch it today a few more times