Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-05, 23:22   Link #1
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Capeta

First a summary:

Capeta is a story of a young poor boy entering the world of racing. He lost his mother when he was very young, and taking care of his father has made him a very responsible boy. Without having the joy of doing something together with his father, he has always felt loneliness while doing the things he was supposed to enjoy in doing. His responsibilities also prevented him showing his suffering to his father, who has always been deceived by Capeta's superficial happiness displays. This all changed when the company Capeta's father has been working took a job in a cart racing arena. Seeing how the children are racing, and remembering the excitement of Capeta after receiving a toy F1 car, his father has decided to build a cart for Capeta from scratch using junk parts. After his first drive in the racing arena, he showed great talent, which allowed him to develop techniques on his own based on his instincts. His display of talent also signaled the entry of Capeta to the racing world. How far will he go?

My comments:
Being a Formula 1 racing fan myself, I enjoyed the anime a lot. The animation is good, the sound and the music is also good. In terms of story, it is similar to what is already there, but, as long as they can animate it as realistic as possible, it will continue to be a fun experience.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 00:33   Link #2
chamelean75

Is anyone else watching this anime? It doesn't seem to be very popular but I really really really like this anime. I've only seen a few episodes of Initial D but this anime reminds so much of it except of course, I like this anime better cause Capeta has to come up with more tricks to pass up cars since he's dealing with more than one car in his path. I've been watching the raws since the subbed doesn't come out as fast as I want. Anyone else love this anime? I'd hate to be the only one here.....
chamelean75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 00:47   Link #3
Mazus

I actually like this anime quite a bit as well. I'm really interested in seeing Capeta's path, if the OP is any indication, to becoming a F1 racer.
Mazus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 00:51   Link #4
chamelean75

Yea I know. I wonder how many episodes this next time jump will last. I want to see him race with Naiomi really badly. Is Naiomi a few years older than Capeta? I wonder if this anime will go to 50 episodes because it seems like they are in no shape to end it at episode 26.
Old 2006-01-17, 02:28   Link #5
lamer_de

getfresh from Anime-Empire told me that it basically could go on forever. Atm they are kids, then there will be a teen arc and finally they'll get to the F1-racing when he's an adult (as hinted in the OP). So, 24 eps for every arc, makes a minimum of 72 episodes. And then they can make arcs for every F1 season This is of course just speculation, but seems reasonable.

CU,
lamer_de

Last edited by lamer_de; 2006-01-17 at 13:17.
lamer_de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 02:57   Link #6
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Based on the sypnosis of Volume 6 of the Capeta manga, that's where Episode 15 of the Capeta anime has reached. With only 9 volumes of the manga out to-date (and Volume 10 coming out soon), there should be enough material to cover up until Episode 26 for the moment.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 13:05   Link #7
chamelean75

For some reason when Capeta started, I assumed that he was 9/10 so maybe fourth grade. Now 4 years later, I assume that he is 13/14 so basically in the middle of junior high school though the way they draw him makes him look much older in my opinion. So in Japan, kid still means in junior high right? Teen arc basically means high school? Gosh I can't wait till the next episode!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly right now, my top 3 animes are Mai-Otome, Black Cat, and of course, CAPETA. And of those 3, Capeta is the only one I'm willing to watch raw just cause I like it so much lol.
Old 2006-01-20, 10:14   Link #8
Asura Zanmaden
A-E Timer/Slacker

Send a message via AIM to Asura Zanmaden Send a message via Yahoo to Asura Zanmaden
Ugh... 72 eps?

Luckily I'm not working on it. >_>
Asura Zanmaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 11:21   Link #9
kaply

I must have watched episode 9, 4 times within a 24 hr period from when I got it. I love the way the anime directs the excitement and accomplishment of the main character.
kaply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 13:03   Link #10
Amuse
BECK

Anybody else watching this anime? It seems like nobody is talking about it here.

You don't have to like cars or racing in order to like this anime. It's like the anime "Major", I didn't like baseball before but after watching Major, I started to understand how baseball is played and have more interest in it.

Capeta is a good anime, good story too.. Now I'm addicted to this anime

Thanks AE for subbing this!
Amuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 13:04   Link #11
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Just a little insight here:

Capeta means Demon in a few portuguese-speaking countries =P

Odd name for an anime that talks about racing.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 13:39   Link #12
Amuse
BECK

Episode 12 is up
Old 2006-04-01, 17:13   Link #13
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
Just a little insight here:

Capeta means Demon in a few portuguese-speaking countries =P

Odd name for an anime that talks about racing.
It's probably a coincidence.

You must be refering to the brazilian language, right? In true portuguese "capeta" doesn't mean anything.
Old 2006-04-03, 02:55   Link #14
brama

is it just me or is anyone else having trouble downloading episode 12. everytime i try to download it, it says website not found
brama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 05:53   Link #15
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by brama
is it just me or is anyone else having trouble downloading episode 12. everytime i try to download it, it says website not found
I'm having the same problem too.
Old 2006-04-03, 12:52   Link #16
Amuse
BECK

hmm, I downloaded it with no problems.

Episode 12 was great BTW
Old 2006-04-08, 22:00   Link #17
AnimEcoli

Episode 13 was damn good! need 14!! cliff hanger ftL :*( lol
AnimEcoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 22:06   Link #18
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
You must be refering to the brazilian language, right? In true portuguese "capeta" doesn't mean anything.
Yeah, yeah, forgot to mention that. It's still only a "bi-centurial widely-accepted" slang, though.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 03:59   Link #19
Amuse
BECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimEcoli
Episode 13 was damn good! need 14!! cliff hanger ftL :*( lol
Man, I need to watch ep14!!
Old 2006-04-09, 07:09   Link #20
mikhal

Rock on!

Been watching the raws of Capeta..finally i understand what they were talking bout. Episode 13 kicked a$$. My new favorite sports anime of the year, next to Major. Love it!

mikhal
mikhal is offline   Reply With Quote