AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-16, 17:51   Link #1
KBTKaiser

Daitoshokan no Hitsujitsukai

From the makers of Fortune Arterial comes their next school-based VN.

http://august-soft.com/daito/index.html

We need to consolidate these topics by brand or something...

Last edited by KBTKaiser; 2013-03-14 at 11:56.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 05:58   Link #2
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...kai-gets-anime
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 06:07   Link #3
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

WHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT!!!!!???????

No I mean...

This thing was just a few months old, and it gets anime already?

Don't get me wrong, I like this title, but......I mean, why don't they do Eustia instead?
Old 2013-03-14, 06:24   Link #4
Kirayuki

Okay that is pretty fast...

The game just barely out for 2 months, I'm not even done with the game yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Don't get me wrong, I like this title, but......I mean, why don't they do Eustia instead?
Easier to adapt than Eustia I guess.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 08:41   Link #5
Soviet

Quote:
Because Eustia would cost money. 80% of Daitoshokan is people sitting around the table in their club room talking about stuff, that's easily doable with 12 episodes and minimal effort.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 10:09   Link #6
kobester11

Is this any good? I mean, does it deserve to have an anime? or is it just gonna be your average harem?
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 10:13   Link #7
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post
Is this any good? I mean, does it deserve to have an anime? or is it just gonna be your average harem?
Well it was the best sold eroge of january by a huge margin and an overall good charage.

Also and i agree that i would rather have seen an Eustia anime... and the chance of getting one looks rather slim with this anime adaptation.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 11:18   Link #8
larethian

Quote:
WHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT!!!!!???????

No I mean...

This thing was just a few months old, and it gets anime already?

Because Eustia is of a more mature theme. Besides, the manga has been serialized for quite some time (volume 1 of the tankoubon has been out a few months back).
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 11:22   Link #9
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
YEAH >__<

Quote:
Because Eustia would cost money. 80% of Daitoshokan is people sitting around the table in their club room talking about stuff, that's easily doable with 12 episodes and minimal effort.
But...but... Eustia has plot. Meaning easier to become a hit

And August is rich enough to take a gamble certainly <_<

Seriously....that company rivals Key I think...

Wait I just thought....If it's the ZEXCS treatment...well, I rather not Eustia get mutilated like that
Old 2013-03-14, 11:33   Link #10
larethian

Btw, I bet they made quite a bit with Daito, even though it doesn't have spectacular plot. They dished out multiple goods with the premium limited edition pack, and you can only get certain specific goods when you shop at a particular site. Hardcore (+rich) Otakus probably have multiple copies of the game LOL
Old 2013-03-14, 11:37   Link #11
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Don't 90% of the more anticipated limited ED eroge come with massive boxes containing numerous goodies anyway along with stuff like artbooks and OSTs?
Old 2013-03-14, 20:48   Link #12
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Don't 90% of the more anticipated limited ED eroge come with massive boxes containing numerous goodies anyway along with stuff like artbooks and OSTs?
The key thing is:
Quote:
They dished out multiple goods with the premium limited edition pack, and you can only get certain specific goods when you shop at a particular site
Which means if you want to collect more than one type of unique goodie, you need to get multiple copies of the game from different retailers (check out Daito's website). I'm not sure about other companies, but as far as I can remember, previous installations of August games didn't employ this strategy.

Anyway, this game left me feeling a bit dissatisfied, though in a different way from Eustia. I felt that they could expand a lot more on Hitsujikai and provide more interesting drama.
Old 2013-03-18, 04:43   Link #13
KBTKaiser

Having abused the fast forward button

August's writer seems to be in a downward spiral or something and is climbing his way back up. At least he ends Daito on a much higher note than Eustia.

Elements of the downward slump from past games.
Yoake Moonlight Cradle: The entire descendant thing was bittersweet.
Eustia: ouch...just ouch.
Daito: Some more explanation on hitsujikai would've been nice, yes. But uh...Kakei's past? that's another ouch for me.
Old 2013-03-18, 05:05   Link #14
larethian

Eustia's route was set to be a Naki-route; it shouldn't be judged as bad because of that.

There was a bunch of explanation for Hitsujikai, though it pales in comparison with FA. I would have like to see TRUE antagonists like the Kuroyagi that Nanai acted as, messing with people's futures etc, and make it more exciting. But alas no, it's all a sham......

I believed the multiple true routes are just to cater to all the fans' preferences, hardly adding additional value once you've played one, except for Nagi's route of course. And between Nagi and the 4 girls, there's no best (most complete) true route; if you did the former, you resolve Kakei's past with Nagi; if you did the later, you resolve Kakei's father 'issue'. This is something I don't like.

One plus is that there's no unnecessary extended drama in the normal routes. But really, Kana was the one that kept me constantly entertained. Sayumi's antics were also funny. Finally it was nice to have Satou Rina as Miyuu.

My personal route rating:
Nagi (true only) > Kana (normal) > Senri (normal) > Sayumi (normal only) > Tsugumi (normal) = Tamamo (normal) = all other true routes = Miyuu (normal only) > Maho (normal only)
Old 2013-03-18, 06:07   Link #15
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Eustia's route was set to be a Naki-route; it shouldn't be judged as bad because of that.
I think he meant "downward spiral" in the sense of how Gen Urobuchi is at the very bottom of it
Old 2013-03-18, 06:30   Link #16
Zexas

not eustia.... why....?

Spoiler for not really but just in case:
Old 2013-03-18, 06:48   Link #17
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I liked Daitoshokan for its normal and mostly drama-free nature, but the supernatural was indeed left out a bit too much. I mean, I expected for each main heroine that Kakei had at least one future-vision of which he in total had one or two maximum at the very beginning, iirc.

The individual true ends were, as larethian mentioned, underwhelming. Using the first-name-basis to start off, like during the individual normal routes, wouldn't have been that more work once the couple had been confirmed.
This is surely nitpicking on my part, but one reason why I also loved Erika's route in FA better than the True Route
Old 2013-03-18, 07:10   Link #18
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Having abused the fast forward button

August's writer seems to be in a downward spiral or something and is climbing his way back up. At least he ends Daito on a much higher note than Eustia.

Elements of the downward slump from past games.
Yoake Moonlight Cradle: The entire descendant thing was bittersweet.
Eustia: ouch...just ouch.
Daito: Some more explanation on hitsujikai would've been nice, yes. But uh...Kakei's past? that's another ouch for me.
Err...why's that considered a "downward slump" ?

Quality isn't that bad I find...
Old 2013-03-18, 07:45   Link #19
Kirayuki

A reminder for those who follow this, Daito's chara poll gonna be held starting from 21st until 28th of this month. They said they will announce the voting place later, but I presume they gonna announce this in their official site anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
There was a bunch of explanation for Hitsujikai, though it pales in comparison with FA. I would have like to see TRUE antagonists like the Kuroyagi that Nanai acted as, messing with people's futures etc, and make it more exciting. But alas no, it's all a sham......
I doubt Daito was ever intended to go much further than what we have seen, it's a charage on its core. It's definitely interesting if they ever try to achieve that though. Sequel maybe ? lol
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 20:10   Link #20
KBTKaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Err...why's that considered a "downward slump" ?

Quality isn't that bad I find...
Probably just my perception of all the doom and gloom. A few of the past game also left that bittersweet mark on some of the paths.

Mind you, I have seen the horrific results in mecha anime at the hands of "Kill'em All" Tomino.