Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 06:11   Link #7784
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
skipping past the election and ajimu arc, we still haven't gotten to see hanten's face, nisio troll power MAX or OVER 9000, pick your choice of awesome quotes D:
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 06:33   Link #7785
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
skipping past the election and ajimu arc, we still haven't gotten to see hanten's face, nisio troll power MAX or OVER 9000, pick your choice of awesome quotes D:
He could very well not have a face. Which is why he keeps it hidden, either that or it's just normal and a gag.
Old 2012-04-11, 06:46   Link #7786
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
you probably never see it just like kakashi mouth

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 07:01   Link #7787
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnn, interesting...

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-04-11, 07:08   Link #7788
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Hnn, interesting...

Spoiler for spoiler:
Now that you mention

Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Soji; 2012-04-11 at 12:33.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 12:31   Link #7789
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Wait, is the Devil Style always activated?
I mean, it's an ability like the others so shouldn't Zenkichi be able to control it and let it be active when he wants to?
I'm going to read back and see the explanation on the Devil Style to see if anything is said in that regard.
Old 2012-04-11, 12:39   Link #7790
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

It really sucks waiting for new arcs to get interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
Wait, is the Devil Style always activated?
I mean, it's an ability like the others so shouldn't Zenkichi be able to control it and let it be active when he wants to?
He can't control it, no, and seems to have no wish to. It probably counts as a Minus.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 12:42   Link #7791
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post

He can't control it, no, and seems to have no wish to. It probably counts as a Minus.
I checked the wiki and it says devil style doesn't make him a plus or a minus but a Zero. Mentioned on chapter 138 page 19.
Old 2012-04-11, 12:43   Link #7792
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
I checked the wiki and it says devil style doesn't make him a plus or a minus but a Zero. Mentioned on chapter 138 page 19.
I know that, but the ability, itself, is probably a Minus. Abilities fall into two categories, Plus and Minus.
Old 2012-04-11, 12:44   Link #7793
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
It really sucks waiting for new arcs to get interesting.

where does it say he can't control it and has no wish for it?
Old 2012-04-11, 14:01   Link #7794
suikostar

Quote:
I know that, but the ability, itself, is probably a Minus. Abilities fall into two categories, Plus and Minus.
It actually makes pluses or/and minuses equal to himself, kinda neutralizing them, so i would put it into plus or minus skill category but into zero ( as they said).
suikostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 14:41   Link #7795
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by suikostar View Post
It actually makes pluses or/and minuses equal to himself, kinda neutralizing them, so i would put it into plus or minus skill category but into zero ( as they said).
Zenkichi's the anti-h4xxor.
Old 2012-04-11, 14:55   Link #7796
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
where does it say he can't control it and has no wish for it?
The former is implied by both Ajimu and, well, what the skill does, and really, the latter can be assumed given that he requested that specific skill in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suikostar View Post
There is no "zero skill category" though, there's only plus or minus.
Old 2012-04-11, 15:40   Link #7797
Odd

Quote:
I think the whole "skill category" idea has changed since 100 chapters ago... And if Zenkichi has been described as a "Zero" himself of course his skill would be categorized as a Zero skill as well.
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 15:42   Link #7798
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
The former is implied by both Ajimu and, well, what the skill does, and really, the latter can be assumed given that he requested that specific skill in the first place.

That's because it's an entirely new category like Aijimu herself said since it doesn't fit into either definitions. Plus and minus work like their number derivatives, a plus has a magnitude and a positive sign, a minus has a magnitude and a negative sign. The magintude represents their abilities and the signs represent the luck attributed to them. Plus get normal shounen abilities plus the insane amount of luck attributed to being born with them, minus' have twisted abilities but still useful abilities but have insane amounts of bad luck.

Devil style lacks a plus or a minus sign be it does to come with insane amounts of good or bad luck, it in fact destroy's the very concept of it. Because of that it nullifies the "fate" determined by either type of abilities. It's a non-corporeal ability amongst non-corporeal abilities and so is in a class all of it's own. There may in fact be other abilities in this class it's just that Aijimu doesn't know of them.
Old 2012-04-11, 15:51   Link #7799
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Hmm...I used to read Medaka until the beginning of the class 13 arc (around when Zenkichi met the Yandere girl)
Now I go back to check it (a few chapters back actually) and suddenly I'm more lost than a Chinese in Guatemala (don't ask). While I did manage to pick up things here and there I'm also finding the new arc interesting.

So...is it worth it coming back now...or is this series so messed up I'd only keep getting lost?
(Before you say it...yes I could read it all from where I left off...but then there's the problem of the bits I already know and how the last arc will end and well...it's like knowing the ending of a movie/book you don't love to death...it kinda gets harder to watch/read)
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 16:37   Link #7800
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Hmm...I used to read Medaka until the beginning of the class 13 arc (around when Zenkichi met the Yandere girl)
Now I go back to check it (a few chapters back actually) and suddenly I'm more lost than a Chinese in Guatemala (don't ask). While I did manage to pick up things here and there I'm also finding the new arc interesting.

So...is it worth it coming back now...or is this series so messed up I'd only keep getting lost?
(Before you say it...yes I could read it all from where I left off...but then there's the problem of the bits I already know and how the last arc will end and well...it's like knowing the ending of a movie/book you don't love to death...it kinda gets harder to watch/read)
If you dropped it around near the end Kumagawa arc it depends if you enjoyed that arc, if you did, then the next arc should mostly be fairly entertaining and well worth it it if your planning to continue the story though the ending of the Kumagawa arc is fairly anticlimatic as is practically all arc ends in Medaka Box. If you didn't like that arc, the overall style of the manga doesn't change so perhaps picking it up isn't such a great idea.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council