AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-08, 11:20   Link #81
Sides

New TVCM and Trailer(4) posted on the official HP.
Game will be released this week, or in ~2 days.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 15:45   Link #82
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Awesome, too bad it's just the japanese release >.<
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 02:16   Link #83
Sides

I'm so going to import this, since we still haven't heard a word a western release yet.
Proper in-game footage on youtube
I'm really impressed. The areas are big and loading is kept at a minimum. I think this game got the balance right, between graphics and performance.
Old 2010-06-09, 02:30   Link #84
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I'm so going to import this, since we still haven't heard a word a western release yet.
That's because E3 is around the corner. You don't go announcing a heap of games right before E3 unless you're Sony. (no idea why they announced Killzone 3, Infamous 2 and MotorStorm 3 so early..)
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 04:05   Link #85
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
That's because E3 is around the corner. You don't go announcing a heap of games right before E3 unless you're Sony. (no idea why they announced Killzone 3, Infamous 2 and MotorStorm 3 so early..)
Sony isn't just about videogames, that is why. They are trying to push 3D TV into every household and with the World Cup and other sport event knocking on the door it is the perfect time to push 3D TV. Correct me if i'm wrong, but KZ3 and Motorstorm are 3D enable games, that is probably why it has been announced earlier.
E3 and nintendo is a mixbag. I don't think nintendo has ever announced anykind of localisations during this event.
Old 2010-06-09, 04:08   Link #86
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
E3 and nintendo is a mixbag. I don't think nintendo has ever announced anykind of localisations during this event.
Pretty sure they have and I would expect this and Graces to get announced, Last Story probably too far off. God I'm surprised I'm looking forward to nearly as many or even more PSP and Wii games for the rest of the year than I am Ps3 and 360.
Old 2010-06-09, 11:38   Link #87
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i saw the some xeno pics on Sankaku.

is that it? Illusion had better 3d animate game characters.
Old 2010-06-09, 11:56   Link #88
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i saw the some xeno pics on Sankaku.

is that it? Illusion had better 3d animate game characters.
The animation is fine, as far as i can tell, framerate is smooth and gameplay is fast. Only thing you could complain about is the art direction/character design, but i see it as a trade-off that did pay-off. High framerate + low loading times will always beats CGI movies.
Old 2010-06-09, 11:57   Link #89
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
The animation is fine, as far as i can tell, framerate is smooth and gameplay is fast. Only thing you could complain about is the art direction/character design, but i see it as a trade-off that did pay-off. High framerate + low loading times will always beats CGI movies.
fine doesn't cut it when i seen better stuff form a Eroge company 4 years ago.
Old 2010-06-09, 12:19   Link #90
Sides

Quote:
fine doesn't cut it when i seen better stuff form a Eroge company 4 years ago.
Honestly comparing eroge titles against any console game is kind of weird. Firstly most eroge are designed for x86/64 machines. Secondly most 3d eroge titles, like Real Kanojo, are build for modern systems. And finally eroge fans are prepared to pay a premium price for the titles, it is an entirely different market.
You're comparing a game against a dating similation/similator.
I never played any 3d eroge, but as far as i can see older titles tend to focus on the characters and the environment is kept at an acceptable level. And that is basically the trade off, do you design a game where all the processing power is pumped to rendered the characters and let them run in a blocky or blurry world, or do you try do balance it out.
Since the consoles are always limited by their components, you cannot compare these tiltes to their computer versions or to computer games in general, see RE5/BH5 on PC vs 360/PS3, in comparison the 360/PS3 version were running like a joke at low 30s.
Old 2010-06-09, 12:26   Link #91
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Honestly comparing eroge titles against any console game is kind of weird. Firstly most eroge are designed for x86/64 machines. Secondly most 3d eroge titles, like Real Kanojo, are build for modern systems. And finally eroge fans are prepared to pay a premium price for the titles, it is an entirely different market.
You're comparing a game against a dating similation/similator.
I never played any 3d eroge, but as far as i can see older titles tend to focus on the characters and the environment is kept at an acceptable level. And that is basically the trade off, do you design a game where all the processing power is pumped to rendered the characters and let them run in a blocky or blurry world, or do you try do balance it out.
Since the consoles are always limited by their components, you cannot compare these tiltes to their computer versions or to computer games in general, see RE5/BH5 on PC vs 360/PS3, in comparison the 360/PS3 version were running like a joke at low 30s.
Illusion doesn't make dating games, they make mostly action eroge including the infamous Rape Lay2.
Old 2010-06-09, 16:48   Link #92
Archer

Quote:
Illusion doesn't make dating games, they make mostly action eroge including the infamous Rape Lay2.
I believe that most of the graphical power goes into the draw distance and large seemless worlds. This naturally comes at the expense of detailed textures.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 02:27   Link #93
Sides

Everything you need to know about Xenoblade, on andriasang. 6 pages of information regarding Xenoblade, in english.
Old 2010-06-10, 07:10   Link #94
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Oh cool, there's city building too? I did not know this! And character appearance change with equipment too, very nice. And Character Relationships too?! Man, it's like having everything I want in an RPG >.<
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 08:34   Link #95
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Well.... where's FF Versus then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Oh cool, there's city building too? I did not know this! And character appearance change with equipment too, very nice. And Character Relationships too?! Man, it's like having everything I want in an RPG >.<
The only thing I fear: Jack of all trades, master of none.
But I don't think it'll happen. After all, this IS the year of FF13 and Resonance of Fate. It's difficult to end up on either far end of the spectrum, but landing nearer RoF is certainly possible, especially given that RoF was a small-studio game that did better than the linear motor FF13.
Old 2010-06-12, 21:08   Link #96
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
If you blow your entire load during one 2 hour E3 press conference there's just too many announcements to handle and a bunch will inevitably get overshadowed, or at the very least have their impact dulled. This way people know what to look for at E3, while at the same time hopefully having some exciting surprises left. There better be, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrLeanne View Post
The only thing I fear: Jack of all trades, master of none. But I don't think it'll happen.
Don't worry, it didn't. 25 hours in the game is really good. I don't think anyone who's liked the sound of the game from the media so far will find themselves disappointed.

Also, the soundtrack is godly.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 21:12   Link #97
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
Also, the soundtrack is godly.
As expected of Yoko Shimomura! (I know there's 5 other composers who have contributed to this as well) BBS was really nice and Last Ranker should be good... If Versus XIII and 3rd Birthday come out this year as well she could arguably have the best year ever for a rpg composer.
Old 2010-06-13, 06:53   Link #98
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
As expected of Yoko Shimomura! (I know there's 5 other composers who have contributed to this as well) BBS was really nice and Last Ranker should be good... If Versus XIII and 3rd Birthday come out this year as well she could arguably have the best year ever for a rpg composer.
Well, it's EITHER 3rdB or VS13. SQEX is so far transfering the FF13 staff to VS13, but 3rdB seems to be progressing faster. Also, The Last Story by Mistwalker has poached some SQEEX staff (especially those who USED to work on FF but were left out for FF13). So there's a strain on SQEX's inhouse titles, and it's near impossible that 3rdB and VS13 are coming out this year together. Likely 3rdB first, then VS13 for either Xmas or next year.
Old 2010-06-14, 07:32   Link #99
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

haven't been posting in this thread yet, but I picked this up on release date last week, and man is this probably the best rpg I've played in a long time.

I had started to think I was getting burned out on Jrpgs finally, turns out there had just been a bunch of really crappy ones in a two year stretch or so ^_^;;

The story has really started to come together at the 15 hour mark or so, the gameplay fun, the world huge and beautiful. Dungeons are vast and well designed. The characters are well written and endearing.

I'll save my final verdict for when I finish the game (and that could be awhile with all the questing and exploration), but at this point I may have to say that not only is this a great rpg, but may end up being one of my all time favorites. It's already on the same level as Xenosaga/Gears IMO

Just got to one area with hauntingly beautiful scenery and music at night, and had to finally pull myself out of being mesmerized by it all to get some things done ^_^;;

Great job Monolith, let's hope that you get more chances to make amazing pieces of gaming such as this!

tldr; its a really fun game. Highly recommended for import or on domestic release
Old 2011-03-11, 22:46   Link #100
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Finished the game. I guess I still have a few quests to do, missed a few quests, and need to defeat that lv.120 dragon, but anyways...
It was AWESOME!
Wow, talk about amazing. Just everything was amazing. So complete! The BGM was great! The characters were great (No lolis! Rare!)! The story was great! I played more than 100 hours! etc. etc.
Nothing but praise for this game!

Wow... Thank you Nintendo! Thank you Monolith! And thank Bandai for being stupid enough to sell Monolith to Nintendo!

...Pity there is no release in America yet... There are listings though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote