AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-26, 02:00   Link #21
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by defunct
Did you even read my post? My question was based on a speculation (a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence )concerning Shichibukai relations with Shanks. Nowhere did I ask "Why didn't Mihawk and Shanks fight?" It was pretty much answered in the manga already. Mihawk said he wasn't interested in fighting the handicapped. I never said Mihawk was there to pick a fight, I said they were merely having a drink. As in socializing, I was implying that birds of a feather flock together. The "message" that Mihawk delivered was Luffy's bounty (Chapter 96)

EDIT: Nevermind, noticed some things to make it safe to assume that Shanks is pretty much an unlikely candidate.

I think Shanks is part of the Shichibukai because I remeber in episode 31 when Yoskau was talking about the Shichibukai you can see a certain individual with a straw hat in the pictures. It had to be Shanks, he probably would be the only won wearing a Strawhat in the entire Shichbukai. I also remember him saying in episode 4 that he was going to turn higuma the bandit in for a bounty! (Just speculation) something for you guys to think about.
Old 2005-12-26, 08:07   Link #22
Sir_Crocodile
Mr.0

I have found a image of the Shichibukai and must say it doesn't really look like Shanks cos look:
http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pdvd0885ob.png
-None of them looks like Berthomew Bear or Donflamingo
-Look at the picture there is no sword that looks like The Sword Of Mihawk
So its Obvious this is only a scetch or a shadow drawing of the Shichibukai
Old 2005-12-27, 03:07   Link #23
speeddemon316

Yea one piece has alot alot of mysteries

answers:
-The pandaman that keeps appearing in One Piece is Oda's character he created

questions:
-would shank be the next shichibukai?
-why was luffy sweating and shaking when that guy said something about his grandfather
-would luffy meet the villians that he again, like buggy, kuro and others
-who is dragon?
-who is that mime guy that appear at the office when the shichibukais were having a meeting.
-what is ace looking for?
Old 2005-12-27, 04:07   Link #24
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastDuaL
Who is Pandaman and how does he show up everywhere??
y'know... i never actually noticed that before... wierd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddemon316
answers:
-The pandaman that keeps appearing in One Piece is Oda's character he created

questions:
-would shank be the next shichibukai?
-why was luffy sweating and shaking when that guy said something about his grandfather
-would luffy meet the villians that he again, like buggy, kuro and others
-who is dragon?
-who is that mime guy that appear at the office when the shichibukais were having a meeting.
-what is ace looking for?
-Yes- but WHY does the pandaman keep appearing (running gag maybe?)
as for those questions...

-unlikely (IMO, Shanks = Shichibukai memeber theories are all bull)
-good question
-buggy and Aldiva probably, the rest unknown (though i doubt krieg or kuro would attempt the grandline)
-revolutionary that world gov't believes will become a threat
-one of the blackbeard pirates
-blackbeard aka Marshal D. Teach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Crocodile
I have found a image of the Shichibukai and must say it doesn't really look like Shanks cos look:
-None of them looks like Berthomew Bear or Donflamingo
-Look at the picture there is no sword that looks like The Sword Of Mihawk
So its Obvious this is only a scetch or a shadow drawing of the Shichibukai
you forgot to include that none of them look like Crocodile or a merman either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
If Gold D. Roger turns out to be Luffy's Father/Grandfather like Ao Kiji was suggesting, I'm going to be very unhappy.
Y'know, that's been one of my theories for a while... but that one scene with Ao kiji didn't really feel like it was hinted towards it or not
I mean, Luffy being related to the pirate king might be something he would want to keep to himself, but there are other reasons for nervousness (for all we know, Luffy's grandfather was a troublesome marine O.o)
But it does make you wonder if Ao kiji and Gol D. Roger ever crossed paths... i mean, how the pirate king was finally captured is another big mystery... Ao kiji may just be the answer to that... or not =P

Y'know, personally, i think the biggest mysteries are "what is One piece", "the black history", and "the will of D"...
right now that black history intrests me most... i mean, what they hell could have possibly happened that would be so terrible that the gov't would totally outlaw the research of it... though some of that may be answered in the next chapter of the manga
Old 2005-12-27, 04:41   Link #25
Phenomenal
Banned

Well Slayerx, you claim all the Shanks being a Shichibukai is a bull theory, but so is your theory about Shanks not being a Shichibukai member. That is an unresolved mystery. So I would suggest you wait and relax. Look at episode 31 closely everyone, they show each member of the Shichibukai in black up close, one of them shown up close has a strawhat. Reminds me of someone. (Speculation) Do me a favor and check the episode out carefully.
Old 2005-12-27, 04:59   Link #26
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
Well Slayerx, you claim all the Shanks being a Shichibukai is a bull theory, but so is your theory about Shanks not being a Shichibukai member. That is an unresolved mystery. So I would suggest you wait and relax. Look at episode 31 closely everyone, they show each member of the Shichibukai in black up close, one of them shown up close has a strawhat. Reminds me of someone. (Speculation) Do me a favor and check the episode out carefully.
Well i don't plan on getting into a debate on it, since i've think i agrued it to death,

but as for the scene your refering to, Sir_Crocodile posted the picture i belive your talking about

And for one thing... yes maybe one of them does wear a strawhat, or maybe its just a tricked played by the silowets... its uncertain
but 5 things are certain.. and its been mentioned... That in this picture of the Shichibukai...
-none of them look like Crocodile
-none of them look like Bartholomew Bear
-none of them look DioFlamingo
-none of them look like a Merman
-none of them have Mihawk's sword

more then likely, that picture was not meant to be a picture of the current shichibukai, but meant to represent the shichibukai faction... they represent the idea that at all times there are 7 pirates that under the command of the world gov't... in other words, their just faceless figures
Old 2005-12-27, 14:33   Link #28
Phenomenal
Banned

Yes Sir Crocodile and Slayerx, the second picture looks like Shanks. The reasons for him being a member of the Shichibukai has more fact, than him not being a member of the Shichibukai. Shanks is more likely in my opinion a member of the Shichibukai or willl become a member. The government speaks as if they know him personally. Hell what is Shanks doing drinking with a Shichibukai member if the pirates call them dogs of the government. This is still an unresolved mystery.
Old 2005-12-27, 19:58   Link #29
LastDuaL
Drunken Samurai

Here's a really big one that's central to the story:

Why did the Pirate King allow himself to be executed?

Obviously, given the strength of characters in One Piece, Gold Roger had to be pretty damn near invincible. So why exactly did he give himself up to be executed? Couldn't he have fought off any attack whatsoever?

I'm sure there's a heroic reason why he allowed let the government kill him, as that's the only way it would be logical (and we all know Oda loves out-and-out heroics), but what exactly he died for is still a mystery.
Old 2005-12-27, 23:07   Link #30
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
Yes Sir Crocodile and Slayerx, the second picture looks like Shanks. The reasons for him being a member of the Shichibukai has more fact, than him not being a member of the Shichibukai. Shanks is more likely in my opinion a member of the Shichibukai or willl become a member. The government speaks as if they know him personally. Hell what is Shanks doing drinking with a Shichibukai member if the pirates call them dogs of the government. This is still an unresolved mystery.
please... why would those silowets show an image of possibly shanks and possibly mihawk and yet none of the other shichibukai? (not to mention, that supposed pic of Mihawk... the hat is actually a bit different from mihawk's)... Those images are NOT supposed to be anyone in particular... they are faceless sketches that represent the shichibukai faction in general and NOT the current existing members... the government's conversation is very weak evidence and can mean a number of things... yes that does include being a shichibukai, but it also includes not (inconclusive evidence proves nothing)... And Shanks and Mihawk are old rivals that have deep respect for eachother, no change in social status is gonna change that... such evidence holds little to no water

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastDuaL
Here's a really big one that's central to the story:

Obviously, given the strength of characters in One Piece, Gold Roger had to be pretty damn near invincible. So why exactly did he give himself up to be executed? Couldn't he have fought off any attack whatsoever?

I'm sure there's a heroic reason why he allowed let the government kill him, as that's the only way it would be logical (and we all know Oda loves out-and-out heroics), but what exactly he died for is still a mystery.
I kinda doubt that Gold Roger just gave himself up...
He may have been the most powerful pirate of his time, but that doesn't mean he was unbeatable... afterall, the title of pirate king only implies that he was the most powerful pirate, but that doesn't include the marines and bounty hunters...

My guess is that Gold Roger was either overpowered by a badass marine/bounty hunter, or the marines took advantage of a moment of weakness
(like attacking him right after he was weakened from a close but victorious fight against Whitebeard... or maybe a traitorious crewmate sold him out)
there are many things in one piece that may or may not exisit that we don't even know about... like marines more powerful then Ao Kiji and hand cuffs and prison cells that can hold even the most powerful of prisoners...
Old 2005-12-27, 23:21   Link #31
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
please... why would those silowets show an image of possibly shanks and possibly mihawk and yet none of the other shichibukai? (not to mention, that supposed pic of Mihawk... the hat is actually a bit different from mihawk's)... Those images are NOT supposed to be anyone in particular... they are faceless sketches that represent the shichibukai faction in general and NOT the current existing members... the government's conversation is very weak evidence and can mean a number of things... yes that does include being a shichibukai, but it also includes not (inconclusive evidence proves nothing)... And Shanks and Mihawk are old rivals that have deep respect for eachother, no change in social status is gonna change that... such evidence holds little to no water

I kinda doubt that Gold Roger just gave himself up...
He may have been the most powerful pirate of his time, but that doesn't mean he was unbeatable... afterall, the title of pirate king only implies that he was the most powerful pirate, but that doesn't include the marines and bounty hunters...

My guess is that Gold Roger was either overpowered by a badass marine/bounty hunter, or the marines took advantage of a moment of weakness
(like attacking him right after he was weakened from a close but victorious fight against Whitebeard... or maybe a traitorious crewmate sold him out)
there are many things in one piece that may or may not exisit that we don't even know about... like marines more powerful then Ao Kiji and hand cuffs and prison cells that can hold even the most powerful of prisoners...
Slayerx your facts hold little to no water as well. Their is more evidence showing Shanks participating in the Shichibukai then him not being a member! that is all I am trying to say I think he is a member.

I also agree that Gold Roger was captured by a highly powerful marine. Maybe the Buddah himself. Sengoku in my opinion had something to do with it. Aokiji I agree with as well had a part in it.
Old 2006-01-05, 16:16   Link #32
Franky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
If Gold D. Roger turns out to be Luffy's Father/Grandfather like Ao Kiji was suggesting, I'm going to be very unhappy.
Sorry for the dumb question, but in what chapter of the manga does Aokiji suggest that Gold Roger is Luffy's Grandfather? O_O
I feel like I skipped something
Old 2006-01-05, 20:48   Link #33
nemes1s

enies lobby arc ***manga spoiler***

srry to pop a question out of nowhere... but for those who reached here... how da hell luffy pumped himself up? Does rubber fruit give him this type of ability? i read chinese sub and its so called "case change" and there are more than one level... hopefully it doesnt turn into another dbzed thingy... (nothing against dbz - i like it a lot) but it juz kinda change the one piece world...
and smoke or vapor emitting from rubber just aint right... imagine burnt rubber... that would smell awful...
Old 2006-01-06, 10:10   Link #34
animedow

Send a message via ICQ to animedow Send a message via MSN to animedow
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemes1s
srry to pop a question out of nowhere... but for those who reached here... how da hell luffy pumped himself up? Does rubber fruit give him this type of ability? i read chinese sub and its so called "case change" and there are more than one level... hopefully it doesnt turn into another dbzed thingy... (nothing against dbz - i like it a lot) but it juz kinda change the one piece world...
and smoke or vapor emitting from rubber just aint right... imagine burnt rubber... that would smell awful...

I believe Luffy himself called the change in his body a 'Gear'. Just like shifting gears in a car, he has found a way to shift his entire body into a higher gear (he fought Blueno in 'Gear Second', and was about to go to Third, but then Blueno cracked).
How he developed this technique is unclear and might get explained later on, when he uses it in front of his nakama and they ask him about it. It might have something to do with the Rubber ability, like changing the consistency of the rubber to make it stronger or whatever. Or it could be something completely different.
Old 2006-01-07, 19:23   Link #35
Franky

I've heard that "Second Gear" is a process that hardenize rubber.
Old 2006-01-07, 19:49   Link #36
Chuixupu
Shikachu

That would be galvanization, but that's just a fan theory, it's not been explained in the manga.
Old 2006-01-11, 12:54   Link #37
ragweed
woah woah!

Quote:
OR, if he didn't just give up, who on earth had the power to bring him down?

Yikes, what happend to the board? Did it erase like a year or something?
Old 2006-01-11, 14:02   Link #38
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragweed
OR, if he didn't just give up, who on earth had the power to bring him down?

Yikes, what happend to the board? Did it erase like a year or something?
So far, i would guess that if Gold Roger was taken down, then i would guess that it was someone like SenGoku... or possibly even Ao kiji

And yes, that's pretty much exactly what happened to the board... it go hacked into and the earliest date that they could recover from was Jan 2005... so ya, everything between Jan 2005 and Dec 2005 was pretty much lost
Old 2006-01-11, 16:56   Link #39
festosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskedstranger
I don't know if I skipped it, but who was it that fixed their boat when they were in the god's forest?
Anybody have any idea? I have just finished watching the Skypia arc and want to know as well?
Old 2006-01-11, 18:53   Link #40
ragweed
woah woah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by festosis
Anybody have any idea? I have just finished watching the Skypia arc and want to know as well?
Yes, we do find out who repaired the ship but it's a massive spoiler and you'd be alot happier finding it out the natural way. It's not too far off, so no worries.
Closed Thread