AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-17, 04:45   Link #661
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
night_sentinel: People say that's exactly the point. Correct me if I'm wrong (I just found it out today after all), but didn't this one-shot come out BEFORE Achiga-hen?
Old 2012-05-17, 07:31   Link #662
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Is it just me or does Ritz looks like Arata from Achiga?
There are people out there who thinks Arata is the manga version of Ritz herself. You're not the first to observe it.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 10:48   Link #663
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
There are people out there who thinks Arata is the manga version of Ritz herself. You're not the first to observe it.
So Ritz herself is an actual loli IRL?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 11:34   Link #664
Sumeragi
Banned

Ritz (the one-shot) was so hot-blooded, it moved me to tears.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 18:12   Link #665
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
If Arata is Ritz, then who is Harue, did Ritz too have a crush on an older girl an idol female mahjong player when she was a child?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 18:19   Link #666
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Personally I do not know
Old 2012-05-17, 19:00   Link #667
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Huh, so Ako has no super powers up her sleeve, instead opting for the dreaded kui-tan wins. Sadly her dealership got cut down before she could milk more points out of it.

Next is Arata, will she have super power of some kind? Her character seems to overlap Senriyama's analyst so I'm guessing it would be a battle of wits between them.
Old 2012-05-17, 19:14   Link #668
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Huh, so Ako has no super powers up her sleeve, instead opting for the dreaded kui-tan wins. Sadly her dealership got cut down before she could milk more points out of it.

Next is Arata, will she have super power of some kind? Her character seems to overlap Senriyama's analyst so I'm guessing it would be a battle of wits between them.
Yeah ... apparently not. Ako's just is a really skilled player, it seems.

I have always kinda wondered about Arata as well. If the ED for ep 6 is any reference point when she places tiles on the table she was shown as if she were bowling - they comedically showed her hurling a tile at the mahjong table and two of the other three players fleeing when they saw it coming (poor Yuu seemed kinda oblivious and got caught in the explosion of the tile hitting the table). As absurd as this seems, if we go by a few other moments in the ED where abilities were also comedically presented but based on accuracy, I would guess that her "ability" is linked to her working in the bowling alley - in fact the glove she wears while playing mahjong is the one worn while bowling if I am not mistaken. And yes - I know I am grasping at straws here.

I don't remember off hand whether the manga went into detail regarding Ako, Arata or Shizu (for some reason I think it hasn't up to now), but if it didn't then I am especially glad to see more detail about these players being presented - I always like to see such mutual "complementation" like that.
Old 2012-05-18, 00:35   Link #669
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Yeah ... apparently not. Ako's just is a really skilled player, it seems.

I have always kinda wondered about Arata as well. If the ED for ep 6 is any reference point when she places tiles on the table she was shown as if she were bowling - they comedically showed her hurling a tile at the mahjong table and two of the other three players fleeing when they saw it coming (poor Yuu seemed kinda oblivious and got caught in the explosion of the tile hitting the table). As absurd as this seems, if we go by a few other moments in the ED where abilities were also comedically presented but based on accuracy, I would guess that her "ability" is linked to her working in the bowling alley - in fact the glove she wears while playing mahjong is the one worn while bowling if I am not mistaken. And yes - I know I am grasping at straws here.

I don't remember off hand whether the manga went into detail regarding Ako, Arata or Shizu (for some reason I think it hasn't up to now), but if it didn't then I am especially glad to see more detail about these players being presented - I always like to see such mutual "complementation" like that.
Her playing style is much like what we usually will do when our hands are like very bad... tanyao, the easiest yaku to get.

And err... Did i just see Macross missiles with beam lasers on the tiles when they show Yuu's true skill?
Old 2012-05-18, 00:37   Link #670
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
YI would guess that her "ability" is linked to her working in the bowling alley - in fact the glove she wears while playing mahjong is the one worn while bowling if I am not mistaken.
So... she throws tiles at the wall opposite her... and bashes the wall. That's greater tile cruelty than Hisa...
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 07:43   Link #671
Peanutbutter

Based on the ED, one guess of Arata's game is of a defensive nature.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-05-18, 10:03   Link #672
night_sentinel

So Arata looks like Ritz as drawn by a mangaka who I assumes knows Ritz in real life? I'm glad that I'm not seeing things but I wonder what are the implications of that

Most importantly as Konakaga said who is Ritz' Harue?

Its a good thing that next episode seems to be focusing on Arata if the preview is to be believed. Hopefully, they'll flesh her out more...

Hey since we are already doing it want to guess what is Arata's ability to pass the time...

Spoiler for WMG of Arata's ability:
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 11:47   Link #673
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
So Arata looks like Ritz as drawn by a mangaka who I assumes knows Ritz in real life? I'm glad that I'm not seeing things but I wonder what are the implications of that

Most importantly as Konakaga said who is Ritz' Harue?

Its a good thing that next episode seems to be focusing on Arata if the preview is to be believed. Hopefully, they'll flesh her out more...

Hey since we are already doing it want to guess what is Arata's ability to pass the time...

Spoiler for WMG of Arata's ability:
Regarding the resemblance of Arata and "Ritz"--I think it's actually merely a coincidence of artstyle in the end, and a number of people exaggerating a joke. On the other hand, I do believe that Ritz and Koizumi's author are in fact friends/acquaintances in real life.

As for Arata's "skill":
Spoiler:
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 12:58   Link #674
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Based on the ED, one guess of Arata's game is of a defensive nature.

Spoiler:
If that's the case -- she's the best girl against Teru.
Old 2012-05-18, 21:28   Link #675
Kyuu
=^^=

OK. Rewatching the episodes...

NOTE: Nodoka was in the process of writing Shizu a letter at the end of the first eps. Later episodes tell me... that letter was neither finished, sent, nor received -- as the Achiga team progresses as if they never had any kind of communication with Nodoka.
Old 2012-05-18, 21:39   Link #676
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Kyuu: I think she actually forgets to send it. Remember, Yuuki eventually arrives and interrupts Nodoka's train of thought,
Old 2012-05-18, 21:42   Link #677
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Kyuu: I think she actually forgets to send it. Remember, Yuuki eventually arrives and interrupts Nodoka's train of thought,
Of course, but I do not see Nodoka as the type of person who forgets.
Old 2012-05-18, 21:50   Link #678
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
OK. Rewatching the episodes...

NOTE: Nodoka was in the process of writing Shizu a letter at the end of the first eps. Later episodes tell me... that letter was neither finished, sent, nor received -- as the Achiga team progresses as if they never had any kind of communication with Nodoka.
Guess Nodoka eventually forgets all about her childhood days she spent with Shizuno and gang since now she only has Saki. By the time they meet each other again the first reaction from Nodoka would be "Who are you?" Isn't it sad?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 22:00   Link #679
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Guess Nodoka eventually forgets all about her childhood days she spent with Shizuno and gang since now she only has Saki. By the time they meet each other again the first reaction from Nodoka would be "Who are you?" Isn't it sad?
Just like this:

Old 2012-05-19, 07:38   Link #680
Peanutbutter

Just read this info. There won't be any Saki Achiga-hen episode on the week of 27 May. Episodes will resume one week later.

I thought only the manga chapters can take a break, but even the anime?

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri