AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-26, 01:29   Link #281
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
I was wondering what Tsukuyomi means. My dictionary says its the moon god which makes sense when I watch the op, but I see people spell it sometimes as tsukiyomi. Is there such a word as Tsukiyomi?
It is "spelled" sometimes as tsukiyomi when they mistakenly(?) think the 月 part is pronounced 'tsuki'.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 23:56   Link #282
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

A week ago I read reviews about this title in Anime-Source plus viewing some screenshots, and I felt enthralled with it at first sight.

So I decided to look forward for this anime, and in one word I describe charming gothic, well at least for the first two episodes.

IMHO, I think for myself that Tsukuyomi is a restricted 180° degrees turn of themes from Elfen Lied; last week I finished watching Elfen Lied.

In Elfen Lied we had the cute, sad, and drama factors merged within an environment of blood, gore, and horror.

For Tsukuyomi, I see that we have the dark, gothic, and mysterious factors being drawin into the naively cute, comedic, and possibly romantic mood.

Even the main protagonist exhibits two different personalities, although not bipolar like those from the EL protagonist.
Hazuki--> It's just childish cute and acts naive to withdraw the attention of her Kouhei-onichan to get what she wants from him. She's also hilariously quick-tempered when upset.
Luna----> On the other hand, she's reserved but her adult mannerisms plus behavior make her look grown-up and sophisticated. (That's the girl that Kouhei first saw atop the roof and wanted to take pictures from her) She poses a figure of nobility and expects her servant fullfills all of her whimsical desires.

The main difference from EL protagonic is that in Tsukuyomi, both Luna and Hazuki are consciously awared of each other, and their personality changes only when the moonlight shines or fades on the pendant that both wear; a controlled, cyclical change of personalities, I believe so.

Another difference is that EL treated the supernatural theme from the scientific view, whereas Tsukuyomi deals with the supernatural from the spiritual and mysthic themes.

Kyouhei is an agreeable character to watch on-screen. I believe that Kyouhei's attitude on the supernatural is comparable to the character of the fairy tale, "Fearless John". John a man who never in his life ever experienced fear of any kind and was driven on a quest to save a princess trapped within a haunted castle in order to meet face to face with fear.
Therefore, I believe Kyouhei is the "Fearless John" in Tsukuyomi when it regards to the supernatural because he's likely known of ghosts but never manages to see a real one nor does he gets affected by supernatural pressences.

Can't we expect to have a harem in Kyouhei's household as new female characters make act of presence?
Well, we have to wait for the episodes to come by and answer that.

Anyways, I was deeply absobed into the scenarios in episode 1. Really loved the expressionistic and gothic touch for the German town and landscape.

Another driving force behind this anime is its soundtrack. The BGM themes heard are exquisite. They reminded me of those I heard from famous BEE-TRAIN studios productions like Noir, Avenger, and Madlax.
I'm definitely going for the hunt of the OST, once it's released.

The only drawback for me until now was the OP theme. It totally unbalances the mood and feeling touched on the series plus makes no sense.

However, the ED theme song is fascinating to listen. Completely performed in French, a soothing, slow-paced ballad that compliments the gothic atmosphere and mystical aura for this anime.

Tsukuyomi started with a bang on me after watching episodes one and two and hope it will keep with that pace for the following episodes to go. Let's pray it will last 26 episodes.

And I never expected for TV-Tokyo to broadcast this title. Heh, seems that anime that I've lately downloaded and seen was originally broadcasted in Cable or PPV channels.

A few questions:
1. Anybody knows the release date for OST and OP&ED CD singles?
2. Is the manga unlicensed? If so, which group is scanlating it?

P.S.
Notice how they ended the prologue arc (episode 1 and 2), because episode two ended with an epilogue scene for that episode while they played the ED music and rolling the credits, and after finished they continued on with the last bit of the episode.

Last edited by Guido; 2004-10-27 at 00:48.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 01:24   Link #283
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Spoiler for Manga:
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 02:28   Link #284
daft27
Aim High, Fall Short

Send a message via AIM to daft27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
The only drawback for me until now was the OP theme. It totally unbalances the mood and feeling touched on the series plus makes no sense.
The op theme for Moon Phase is Neko Mimi Mode by Dmitri of Paris. You should hear the alternative theme, Tsuku Yomi Mode where instead of Hazuki saying "Neko Mimi Mode", you have Luna saying "Tsuku Yomi Mode". The melody is a bit different but it carries the same beat.
daft27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 07:52   Link #285
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I just downloaded episode 3, and it's so cute, their house is like a Barbie doll house. I love it how we can see them move around from room to room. It's like watching a House Sims or something. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoYousei
I <3 your screen caps!!! Please continue making them! And if you ever have the time, could I request some Op sequence screen caps?
Any particular screen caps are you looking for?
Spoiler for some opening screenshots:

Spoiler for screenshot ep 3:

Last edited by Secca; 2004-10-27 at 08:15.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 13:02   Link #286
nekodar
AC, NLA, HnK staff

@Thelastguardian

For your spoiler for the manga, you got Kinkel's title wrong.
He's a 伯爵 【はくしゃく】 (n) count; earl; and not a 公爵 【こうしゃく】 (n) prince; duke;.
And to cover if it's count or earl... Earl is British and corresponds to Count in most of the rest of Europe.
His full name is ハインリヒ フォン キンケル (Heinrich von Kinkel) and I seriously doubt any British noble would have that name, so hakushaku in this case is most certainly Count.
nekodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 13:11   Link #287
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

watched ep4, it seems
Spoiler:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 14:14   Link #288
NekoYousei
-Trichy-

Send a message via AIM to NekoYousei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
I just downloaded episode 3, and it's so cute, their house is like a Barbie doll house. I love it how we can see them move around from room to room. It's like watching a House Sims or something. XD

Any particular screen caps are you looking for?
Spoiler for some opening screenshots:

Spoiler for screenshot ep 3:
Ah! You got one of the ones I wanted! ^__^ The one from the opening where she's says "Unnya". Thank you very much! <3
NekoYousei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 16:06   Link #289
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca

The nekonaughts are my favorite.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 17:17   Link #290
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
watched ep4, it seems
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 19:26   Link #291
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Already visited the official website.

Well, for news:

The CD single for "Kanashii Yokan", the Ending theme, by Marianne Amplifier Feat. Yuka is going to be released the 21st of November in Japan.

I can't wait less of a month for its release.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 20:27   Link #292
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

ADTRW's episode 4 is out. By the way, if you want to watch a subfile with your raw you can just go here
http://ashitaka-san.home.comcast.net/adhoc/
instead of downloading a whole digisub just to get the script, which doesn't make any sense.
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 20:36   Link #293
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I think the subbing group Mahou is doing a ok job as far as I can see. so I'm sticking with them for now, sadly they're only on episode 2 ~_~. I'm willing to try ADTRW subs if they're willing to release them in avi format. ^_^
Old 2004-10-27, 21:36   Link #294
Shii
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
I'm willing to try ADTRW subs if they're willing to release them in avi format. ^_^
Why are you having trouble with MKV? It's easy:

1. Install DefilerPak
2. Play the video in any player at all-- Windows Media, Media Player Classic, Winamp maybe, Zoom Player...
Old 2004-10-27, 21:57   Link #295
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Why are you having trouble with MKV? It's easy:

1. Install DefilerPak
2. Play the video in any player at all-- Windows Media, Media Player Classic, Winamp maybe, Zoom Player...
I rather stick to avi. It’s mainly a comfort issue. As for ogm/mkv I had some negative issues with it in the past. I also tend to avoid codec packs. I much rather install the codec’s I actually need and going to use. Thanks anyways.
Old 2004-10-27, 22:52   Link #296
Shii
*Fansubber

Quote:
I rather stick to avi. It’s mainly a comfort issue. As for ogm/mkv I had some negative issues with it in the past.
Oh, did an OGM abuse you when you were a kid?

edit: sorry for the excess sarcasm

Last edited by Shii; 2004-10-28 at 00:02.
Old 2004-10-28, 00:42   Link #297
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
I rather stick to avi. It’s mainly a comfort issue. As for ogm/mkv I had some negative issues with it in the past. I also tend to avoid codec packs. I much rather install the codec’s I actually need and going to use. Thanks anyways.
Me to

I prefer Mahou aswell. They are a bit slow, but the wait is worth it. In the mean time i just kidnap my best mate who is a super techno geek and get him to turn all my ogm/mkv into AVI files. Takes him a day or so cause of his work, but i can handle the wait

MKV and OGM maybe better than AVI, but they're an unsupported format for a lot of the big players, like Media Player 10, Real Player and so on (yes i know ogm is a win amp file). Every time i try to open up either in media 10 it gives me a warning message.

Stick with what works is my moto
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 01:12   Link #298
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
I also tend to avoid codec packs. I much rather install the codec’s I actually need and going to use.
Especially one named 'defilerpack'. I mean, c'mon, it sounds like it was named by a malicious hacker with a bad sense of humor.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 01:19   Link #299
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
Especially one named 'defilerpack'. I mean, c'mon, it sounds like it was named by a malicious hacker with a bad sense of humor.
Ive only 4 codecs installed they let me play about 99% of my files, and the odd one i cant i just give to my mate to convert to avi's for me

Full Matroska Pack
OGG
VobSub
Xvid

Thats all ive found i need.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 01:45   Link #300
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, there's the matroska pack which enables playback of ogm and mkv on windows media player if you dislike the name defilerpack.

http://packs.matroska.org/
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, kemonomimi, seinen