Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-25, 14:43   Link #21
hero147

Oh Chapter came out early.
Old 2010-12-25, 14:58   Link #22
james0246

I'm really loving the Medaka Mermaid Quintuplets. They are so cute. They remind me of Ponyo's sisters, only actually adorable and not scary (like Ponyo and her sisters...they freaked me out)...

Also, Luffy's domination of the Sea Beast was nice...
Old 2010-12-25, 15:32   Link #23
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Within the first few chapters of Thriller Bar we learned of the presence of a Shichibukai, a potential crew mate, and an actual mystery. None such relevant plot points have been introduced so far (well, Van der Decken could be something). Instead, we've learned that the Shichibukai has left, the nobility merely wishes to tell Luffy of this, and the big bad doesn't seem too interesting (considering he seems a carbon copy of Arlong or the Tenryuubito).
Well for one thing that kind of depends on what you define as "the first few chapters of fishman island arc"... personally I would only say we are only 2-3 chapters in now, as I do not conisder the undersea adventure really part of the arc so much as it was just a transition period; not to much too be learned when all they are doing is sailing... Also i don't think you should compare it too thrillerbark as there we had shichibukai involved AND a possible new crew member, and those both ALWAYS amp up interest in a moment. If anything i'd compare it to skypeia, whose main villian was a complete unknown much like Hodi Jones... the Strawhat meet up and the undersea adventure would be the jaya arc, while actually landing on fishman island would be like the strawhats reaching skypeia and the real start of the arc

also we don't know what message jinbei left for Luffy...

Quote:
I do not mind the gag, I mind that Oda is using a silly gag as a segue and comparison to the extreme racism against the Fishmen/Mermaids. It's just a very weak transition that really downplays the impact of Tiger's death.
I tend to agree...
sanji bloodloss of happiness = funny
Dying of bloodloss = serious buisness
Sanji bloodloss of happiness+ Dying of bloodloss = wuh?

One of the other is fine, but this is just rather jarring to me... we are supposed to take this whole thing seriously since this is part of how fisher tiger died and a point of racism, but it's difficult to do so since our gateway to this info comes from Sanji literally dying from happiness

Last edited by Slayerx; 2010-12-25 at 20:02.
Old 2010-12-25, 15:55   Link #24
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I kind of thought the Sanji gag was a little ridiculous, until I thought about it a little more. Sanji had proclaimed that he had achieved his dream of finding "All Blue" in the previous chapter (even if it is a false All Blue, It's still the real deal to him atm) and thus the only thing that could probably get him to leave this paradise is a life threatening illness directly associated with staying at said paradise. The only other way I can think of to pry him away from the Mermaids, would be if someone assaulted one of them, or if Nami/Robin were in danger, but this is funnier.

With that being said, I do agree with what James said about tying it in with Fisher Tiger though.
Old 2010-12-25, 16:36   Link #25
trafalgarcito

yea, his political correct dream was the all blue, but this surpassed his wildest dream! having a strawhat achieving a dream is serious business anyway...(dealing with what you are supposed to do after fullfiling a personal fantasy needs to be addresed if this manga wants to have a proper ending i think)...it would be too fake to have them get to their dreams together simultaneously in the last chapter... going one by one is more fun, i think... sanji has to get over the okama thing anyway...
Old 2010-12-25, 17:36   Link #26
marvelB

Ha ha, wow, I love that fat dancing mer-prince! He looks like he came right out of Spongebob or something!

Otherwise.... not much else to say. I also thought it was cool to see Luffy tame the sea king (though I'm still disappointed that Hammond got taken out so quickly....). Right now more Fisher Tiger info and the revealing of Hodi Jones/Van der Decken are what I'm looking forward to the most, but we've got a heck of a wait on us until the next spoiler (OP won't be in the next issue after the holiday break, so we've gotta wait an extra week, unfortunately )......
Old 2010-12-25, 19:23   Link #27
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Good chapter.

Seems like there is a lot of political conflict within Fishman Island itself, with the Neptune army and the New Fishman Pirates amongst other factions. Should be interesting.
Old 2010-12-25, 21:19   Link #28
Rahan

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Oda is seriously Miuratogashyzing himself. This is getting really annoying.
Next issue is in more than 3 weeks (jan 19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Within the first few chapters of Thriller Bar we learned of the presence of a Shichibukai, a potential crew mate, and an actual mystery. None such relevant plot points have been introduced so far (well, Van der Decken could be something). Instead, we've learned that the Shichibukai has left, the nobility merely wishes to tell Luffy of this, and the big bad doesn't seem too interesting (considering he seems a carbon copy of Arlong or the Tenryuubito).
Jinbei is here or not far. The princes are not here to tell Luffy "the princess is another castle, MarioLuffy". There is more to Jinbei's message. I am pretty sure there is something going on and the message will tell what and why Jinbei is supposed to be elsewhere.

Last edited by Rahan; 2010-12-25 at 21:32.
Old 2010-12-25, 21:55   Link #29
OgodItsKanon
ばかな王女様
*Artist

Now I have to wonder just what Jinbei's message to Luffy was. Too bad Sanji had to have the most spectacular nosebleed in the history of anime first though lol.

ACCURSED PLOT DEVICES!
Old 2010-12-25, 22:11   Link #30
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
.... anyone else notice that Chopper's hiding position has gotten worse~?

Also, seems Luffy was able to launch 3 Jet Pistol's at the same time. Wonder how that works~
Old 2010-12-25, 22:57   Link #31
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Also, seems Luffy was able to launch 3 Jet Pistol's at the same time. Wonder how that works~
He doesn't do three at once. He hits all three in succession so fast that it looks like one punch.
Old 2010-12-26, 00:18   Link #32
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Sucks that it was thanks to humans that Fisher Tiger died.

Luffy's haki is so awesome.
Old 2010-12-26, 01:18   Link #33
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Dam Jimebei why can't you be there to help Luffy you two made a vow you'd see each other again please tell me there is a bigger reason for all this
Old 2010-12-26, 03:15   Link #34
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
(though I'm still disappointed that Hammond got taken out so quickly....)
Personally I think it's very appropriate that Luffy and any other Straw hat members OWN the fishman on LAND. The real challenge should come later when they inevitably have to fight them in the water, where any fishman's powers are exponentially increased and the straw hat pirates powers are decreased.
Old 2010-12-26, 07:14   Link #35
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Sanji has S Rh - Blood... That's RARE XD
If I heard that Sanji had another huge nosebleed I would be disapointed, but after seeing what he went through... not just plaing with mermaids, but hiding in breasts of one of them XD It's cool of mermaids that they acted cool about pervy Sanji
So Luffy deafeted those three while on land with simple Jet Pistolet hit per one - he's the strongest of the crew so leaving some captain for him is fine while others will have problem with other mermaids. Interesting thing is how will the weakest of SH handle cannon fodder mermaids.

The comercials for Nami, Hancock and Robin breast pillows is funny as a japanese deviation trivia XD
Those 5 little mermaids take a lot of panel time... but they're cute so I forgive them

SOGESNAKE is right, Chopper sucks even more at hidding XD
Old 2010-12-26, 09:05   Link #36
DwArD
mAnIaC

Lol. Luffy just pwned everyone the moment they angered him. I kind of predicted something like this will happen to Sanji. Any possibilities that they'll ban him from nearing any mermaids? The way I see it, Sanji seemed damned to suffer from nose bleeds the moment he's hear the mermaids.
Old 2010-12-26, 14:39   Link #37
Bern-san

it was an interesting chapter although... am i expected to take sanji's bleeding seriously?
Old 2010-12-26, 15:01   Link #38
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
it was an interesting chapter although... am i expected to take sanji's bleeding seriously?
Not at all. I mean even Usopp pointed out how ridiculous it was for Sanji's nosebleed to bring up such a plot point. =p
Old 2010-12-26, 16:01   Link #39
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Not at all. I mean even Usopp pointed out how ridiculous it was for Sanji's nosebleed to bring up such a plot point. =p
But then they said Fisher Tiger died like that and stupid way to die
Old 2010-12-26, 17:19   Link #40
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
But then they said Fisher Tiger died like that and stupid way to die
Fisher Tiger die form a loss of blood following his rampage to free slaves.

Sanji is dying form a nose bleed.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion