AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-10, 11:36   Link #1961
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I feel somewhat similarly. They have a really interesting universe setting and premise set up. There are a lot of things that they can do that would be interesting and entertaining. My guess (and hope) is that they'll get to that in the coming episodes, but an episode like episode 5 sort of squanders it. You could pull an episode like that in practically any anime series.

Given the sudden discovery of every other Valvrave and given the apparent dislike that some of the classmates have for each other, I'm worried that they'll keep up the focus on Module 77 with further jealousy and infighting. But who knows? Maybe this is building up to something better. It wouldn't be the first series I've watched where there were some painful episodes to suffer through that ultimately led to an enjoyable series overall.
They'll get to the dark stuff and mecha battles soon. This is really the calm before the storm in a way. Most Sunrise mecha series have done it. They have the peaceful episodes where everyone is happy and fired up and think nothing can touch them, right before everything goes horribly wrong. That way when you look back at this episode, you'll be like "And they never even saw it coming...".

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 11:37   Link #1962
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanca View Post
Ouch. As much as I love Haruto's intense feeling toward her (seriously, you just need to say a word "Shoko" to get his full attention anytime and anywhere), but honestly I had my fill of angsty and grieving mecha protagonists. Of course you can mourn for some time, but continuously 'till the end of the world? Ewww no please.
THIS.
The best way to get all the valvraves is to kidnap Shouko. Saki should have slapped him a few times to get back to his senses. He is cursed not by the Valvrave but by Shouko.

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 11:42   Link #1963
G147

It took me five episodes to realize that the Valvrave(s) are coloured based on the rainbow.
1-Red
2-
3-Yellow
4-Green
5-Blue
6-Indigo
7-
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 11:43   Link #1964
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Looks like 2 or 7 might be orange.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 11:44   Link #1965
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
They'll get to the dark stuff and mecha battles soon. This is really the calm before the storm in a way. Most Sunrise mecha series have done it. They have the peaceful episodes where everyone is happy and fired up and think nothing can touch them, right before everything goes horribly wrong. That way when you look back at this episode, you'll be like "And they never even saw it coming...".
I hope so. Comparing anime series rarely leads to good things (particularly when one is actively running), but the parallels with Gundam Seed are incredibly strong. I don't recall Gundam Seed having a light episode like this, although I may have forgotten it. Same deal with Code Geass (which also arguably has some parallels).

It's not that taking the light-hearted approach is a bad thing, per se. The series started out with some pretty dark and heavy vibes, so an episode like this was a bit unexpected. I'm trying to enjoy it for what it is, but given all of the other possible directions they could go that I can think of, it's hard not to feel a bit let down.
Old 2013-05-10, 12:03   Link #1966
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I hope so. Comparing anime series rarely leads to good things (particularly when one is actively running), but the parallels with Gundam Seed are incredibly strong. I don't recall Gundam Seed having a light episode like this, although I may have forgotten it. Same deal with Code Geass (which also arguably has some parallels).

It's not that taking the light-hearted approach is a bad thing, per se. The series started out with some pretty dark and heavy vibes, so an episode like this was a bit unexpected. I'm trying to enjoy it for what it is, but given all of the other possible directions they could go that I can think of, it's hard not to feel a bit let down.
Oh both shows had light episodes, not this ridiculous, but they did. SEED had some shopping episodes, down time episodes, or just flashback episodes. Geass had the school hi-jinks, the carnival, the missing mask episode, and other such downtime stuff.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-05-10 at 12:30.
Old 2013-05-10, 12:41   Link #1967
Shinhwa
Banned

Death flag for Saki for early kiss scene > >
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 12:55   Link #1968
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Check that in the "Dang Straight" column......

80% of the thread was convinced the staff killed off Shouko in episode 1. How'd that work out?
It's why I don't trust in all the talk of Shoko dying. Nearly everyone was convinced before and we got trolled hard. So I'm going to be hopeful that Shoko isn't going to die after all, as before, and they're just trolling us to keep attention high and to distract us on what they really plan to do.

And what's this "Dang Straight" column?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 13:00   Link #1969
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Spoiler for Episode 5:
Sense, this anime has none.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 13:00   Link #1970
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Looks like 2 or 7 might be orange.
Well, we know there's a missing 2, but no mention of a 7. They might just be using the more simple rainbow that has 6 colors instead of 7. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Violet. Which means we're only missing orange.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-10, 13:02   Link #1971
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Death flag for Saki for early kiss scene > >
There's Death Flags everywhere for Saki and Shoko, it's plain hilarious.
Old 2013-05-10, 13:16   Link #1972
LostSome

Saki wants to become a space vampire so bad, it`s creepy. Biting the VP, seriously...

What L-Elf was smiling about in the end ? Is there a way he could have seen the kiss ? Or even better, capturing the whole thing on his computer.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 13:19   Link #1973
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well, we know there's a missing 2, but no mention of a 7. They might just be using the more simple rainbow that has 6 colors instead of 7. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Violet. Which means we're only missing orange.
Wich might be the GATAI of all the units into a single god Valvrave.
Old 2013-05-10, 13:32   Link #1974
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Saki wants to become a space vampire so bad, it`s creepy. Biting the VP, seriously...

What L-Elf was smiling about in the end ? Is there a way he could have seen the kiss ? Or even better, capturing the whole thing on his computer.
Or he's glad they didn't notice that he stole a Valvrave unit already as they were too busy kissing and.... Stuff that the OS can see.

Poor Shoko is going to get hit hard in the next episode, from what we saw in the previews, as I see Saki parading their coupling together and Haruto failing to convince her of anything.

Than we can finally begin some real L-Elf and Shoko interactions!
Old 2013-05-10, 13:37   Link #1975
Jetzero Infinity

VALVERAVE A CHRISTMAS CAROL!!! Complete with a musical number and everything!

This episode wasn't quite as ridiculous as last week's but it was still pretty amusing. I got a chuckle out of black haired chick thinking she might have vampire powers too. Silly girl, as far as anime is concerned only bishonens get to be vampires(Rosario+Vampire non-withstanding). The musical number was definently the funniest thing about this ep though. It was so cheesy and over the top that I was laughing my head off the entire time.

The ending to the episode was also pretty funny. I knew the chessy love triangle angle was coming sooner or later, and the robot girl thing's interpretation pretty much sold it. This show continues to be a sure winner for best comedy of 2013.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 13:46   Link #1976
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
VALVERAVE A CHRISTMAS CAROL!!! Complete with a musical number and everything!

This episode wasn't quite as ridiculous as last week's but it was still pretty amusing. I got a chuckle out of black haired chick thinking she might have vampire powers too. Silly girl, as far as anime is concerned only bishonens get to be vampires(Rosario+Vampire non-withstanding). The musical number was definently the funniest thing about this ep though. It was so cheesy and over the top that I was laughing my head off the entire time.

The ending to the episode was also pretty funny. I knew the chessy love triangle angle was coming sooner or later, and the robot girl thing's interpretation pretty much sold it. This show continues to be a sure winner for best comedy of 2013.
I couldnt read the robot girl OS said during the kiss scene, can someone help me on that?
Old 2013-05-10, 13:54   Link #1977
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
I couldnt read the robot girl OS said during the kiss scene, can someone help me on that?
"Is this sexual intercourse?"
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 14:10   Link #1978
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Poor Shoko is going to get hit hard in the next episode, from what we saw in the previews, as I see Saki parading their coupling together and Haruto failing to convince her of anything.
The ultimate trolling:

Saki: *kiss*
Haruto: Uwaaah, Rukino-san! Sorry, but I already have a girl I like!
Saki: Sigh, I thought so... but it was worth a try.
Haruto: No hard feelings?
Saki: Nah, I'll just move on with my life. Maybe I'll try to get to know that silver haired dude better.
Haruto: *blissfully unaware of who she's talking about*

And they spend the rest of the series being friends with no misunderstandings, Haruto and Shouko eventually get together, L-Elf and Saki hit it off and end up dating as well.

kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 14:15   Link #1979
Shinhwa
Banned

L-Elf and Saki? Ew no >:I
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 14:15   Link #1980
Kakkou
Tch.

Haruto's expression when he talks to Haughty Curls in the preview looks rather OOC. Me thinks some body swap hijinks with Saki will be at play. =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
L-Elf and Saki? Ew no >:I
Absolutely not. The only acceptable OTP is L-Elf x Haruto x Ham & Eggs. Source is me.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire