AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2014-05-25, 13:50   Link #521
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Why is Tatsuya from Mahouka stalking them?
Because they're communist?(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Did you see the clothes?
I only saw the hair.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 16:53   Link #522
Galacticichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
^
Kantai Collection's Hatsukaze.

HAHAHA TATSUYA! Wow....

Also, these radio shows are super addicting. For better or for worse.
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 18:18   Link #523
Quickersand

I cried again. Pretty sure we'll get Snow Halation next week. Makes sense, the 2nd season uses the 2nd single just like the 1st season used their 1st single.

I don't think that means we get a 3rd season for the 3rd single though. That already had a reference with the beach episode last season (along with Wonderful Rush). Never know though. 6 seasons of Love Live incoming lol? Obviously the 6th one would have some funky super powers considering it's a dream.

Last edited by Quickersand; 2014-05-25 at 18:19. Reason: Spelling
Quickersand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 18:28   Link #524
Ryqoshay
Dancing Stars on Ry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickersand View Post
6 seasons of Love Live incoming lol?
I would be up for this.
That or a Fullmetal Alchemist style reboot that follows the manga, though without changing everyone's seiyuu.
Ryqoshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 20:40   Link #525
Micromancer
>_>

Quote:
6 seasons of Love Live incoming lol?
lol and in less than 1 year, those 3 senpais are gone

2 months packed in a 4 * 12 episodes = 48 episodes ? lol im up for that
Micromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 21:37   Link #526
Nork22

I laughed and I cried this episode. Well, mainly I laughed. Umi is so innocent. Can't even bear to watch a romance movie.
Old 2014-05-25, 22:07   Link #527
novalysis

My favorite comedic scene, was when Maki executed the Tsundere archetype perfectly, in that confession. Her Voice Actor, Pile, might be able to actually give Rie Kugimiya a run for her money, when it comes to voice acting Tsunderes.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 22:28   Link #528
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
Spoiler for Ep 8::
Images
you forgot the last member
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 22:46   Link #529
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
My favorite comedic scene, was when Maki executed the Tsundere archetype perfectly, in that confession. Her Voice Actor, Pile, might be able to actually give Rie Kugimiya a run for her money, when it comes to voice acting Tsunderes.
OH YES

Maki nailed tsundere perfectly

Really wouldn't want Pile to be typecast as a tsundere, but I want more tsundere Maki please

Also, how innocent does Umi have to be in order to react like that to a romance movie?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 23:17   Link #530
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Spoiler for Tatsuya-included image:
Is that an official promotion (i.e. not just fan-art)? If so, why is Tatsuya there? Mahouka isn't even a Sunrise show.

Anyway, Episode 8 was really good, and this was a good way to work Snowhalation into the show (especially since, in-canon, this is now November, right?). It's also good to learn more about Nozomi and Eli's backstories.

One of the good things about Season 2 is that they've had more time to develop the full main cast smoothly, carefully, and very naturally, since the main overarching plot is less complex than Season 1's was. Outside of the original trio (Honoka, Umi, and Kotori) and maybe Eri, I felt that the rest of Muse were sort of caught up in the tornado of Honoka's passion. It made for a nicely intense and at times inspirational narrative, but it also felt at times like Muse was essentially "Honoka and friends". Here in Season 2, I get a stronger sense of Muse meaning an awful lot to all nine members. Now Honoka is more like a pro sports team Captain (especially with her Mark Messier-like victory guarantee - wow! ), with Muse feeling like a real team now, where everybody has strong opinions on it and on what Muse should do to try to win.

In any event, the stage has now been perfectly set for the Preliminary Showdown with A-Rise. I hope we do get that next episode.
Old 2014-05-25, 23:25   Link #531
Hachitora

Probably one of my favorite episodes this season. I never really liked Nozomi's character, but this definitely changed my mind. I don't really remember Nozomi showing much emotion last season, or even this one. It was nice to finally see some character besides the whole "mother of µ's" thing.

Quote:
Pretty sure we'll get Snow Halation next week.
Most definitely. They give a huge hint near the end too (not that the snow was a big enough hint) when the girls all said words that were part of the lyrics for Snow Halation. Thought it was a nice touch
Hachitora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 23:27   Link #532
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Is that an official promotion (i.e. not just fan-art)? If so, why is Tatsuya there? Mahouka isn't even a Sunrise show.

Anyway, Episode 8 was really good, and this was a good way to work Snowhalation into the show (especially since, in-canon, this is now November, right?). It's also good to learn more about Nozomi and Eli's backstories.

One of the good things about Season 2 is that they've had more time to develop the full main cast smoothly, carefully, and very naturally, since the main overarching plot is less complex than Season 1's was. Outside of the original trio (Honoka, Umi, and Kotori) and maybe Eri, I felt that the rest of Muse were sort of caught up in the tornado of Honoka's passion. It made for a nicely intense and at times inspirational narrative, but it also felt at times like Muse was essentially "Honoka and friends". Here in Season 2, I get a stronger sense of Muse meaning an awful lot to all nine members. Now Honoka is more like a pro sports team Captain (especially with her Mark Messier-like victory guarantee - wow! ), with Muse feeling like a real team now, where everybody has strong opinions on it and on what Muse should do to try to win.

In any event, the stage has now been perfectly set for the Preliminary Showdown with A-Rise. I hope we do get that next episode.
Nah, that's a photoshop of Tatsuya all the way. Color palette and all...

Snow Halation has to be the next song up. Now I wonder what they would use in the finals, considering if they get there. I think Snow Halation is their best song.

People have called their shots for a while now (older examples for USA sports people like me were Joe Namath and Pat Riley). Just amused that Honoka got caught up in the moment to say something, and "plop", that's what fell out.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 23:41   Link #533
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachitora View Post
Probably one of my favorite episodes this season. I never really liked Nozomi's character, but this definitely changed my mind. I don't really remember Nozomi showing much emotion last season, or even this one. It was nice to finally see some character besides the whole "mother of µ's" thing.
It's good to know that Nozomi's interest in Muse went beyond simply "following the cards" and/or looking out for her friend Eri's best interests. It's good to know that this was also very personal and emotional for Nozomi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
Nah, that's a photoshop of Tatsuya all the way. Color palette and all...
Giving it a closer look, you're right. Good work on behalf of whichever Mahouka/Love Live! fan did it. Funny given how Mahouka has its own character named "Honoka". Maybe the magic of Mahouka's world was born out of Nozomi's prophetic powers and Honoka's weather control abilities.

Quote:

People have called their shots for a while now (older examples for USA sports people like me were Joe Namath and Pat Riley). Just amused that Honoka got caught up in the moment to say something, and "plop", that's what fell out.
Well, it's especially amusing since they're Team No. 4 out of 4, so they're the definite underdogs from an objective outsider perspective. They're also going up against the defending champs in A-Rise. Outsiders (and opponents) will think that Honoka has insane amounts of moxy to be making this victory prediction.

On a separate note, I'm sure many of the yuri fans of this show will like how Honoka, Kotori, and Umi were all basically confirmed to have never been in a romance. And given that nobody else spoke up about having experience with romance, it's quite possible all 9 members have never been in a romance.
Old 2014-05-25, 23:49   Link #534
Hachitora

Another thing I noticed: the stuff they were filming with the camera, weren't some of those scenes from Mogyutto Love de Sekkin Chu? If so, perhaps it's yet another reference to an earlier PV. Add it up with their live of the first PV, this episode's references, the beach scenes, and the airport last season, and we have references to all the pre-anime PVs
Old 2014-05-25, 23:58   Link #535
Triple_R
*Author

Watching this Nozomi-focused episode reminded me of an amusing line Nozomi made a couple episodes ago. With that in mind, maybe Nozomi wanted Muse to sing a love song since she's recently met a special someone...

"Joey, I've found her. My perfect girlfriend!"

Old 2014-05-26, 01:22   Link #536
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachitora View Post
Another thing I noticed: the stuff they were filming with the camera, weren't some of those scenes from Mogyutto Love de Sekkin Chu?
Yup it was a throwback to that PV. Maki's tsundere performance was perfect.
Old 2014-05-26, 01:41   Link #537
choopo

Lol
it's nice to see Eri betray muse but to bad she didnt performance the camera scane
choopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 02:33   Link #538
Hachitora

Dang. So i rewatched the episode, and the part where Nozomi talks about the other members of Muse already gave me some feels, then they had to go and show Rin with the lipstick T~T gave me a few tears
Old 2014-05-26, 02:43   Link #539
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

My tsundere empress!!

And all those Nozomi feels! *manly tears*
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 05:13   Link #540
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Oh my god! Episode 8 was absolutely excellent! I don't normally rank the LL episodes because they're almost all really good, but this one in particular might be the best out of both seasons yet. It's one thing for Nozomi to get her well-deserved episode focus and character development, but not only did this episode fulfill that, it was also an great build-up episode that capitalized on µ's strengths as a whole.

This is fitting in a way, since Nozomi is a dedicated support character. And there's really nothing wrong with that, since she has always been a very likeable character despite all the mystery about her. She has always liked to be the support girl, and she does a damn good job at it. This episode expanded on her motivations and wishes, and it was in a believable way that fits very well with the previous events of both seasons.

And finally, I loved all the hints that they were going to do Snow Halation. The second the girls started talking about making a love song, I was screaming "PLEASE MAKE IT SNOW HALATION" in my head. And when the snow started falling and the girls ran out and whispered the lyrics of the song, I was just exploding with hype. Snow Halation is one of my most favorite Love Live songs, and I was always wanting S2 to use Snow Halation as µ's trump card against A-RISE. So knowing that it's actually happening is like a dream come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Agreed. S2 has been a fantastic followup to S1 by developing its cast of characters in this way.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idol, music