AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-12, 19:20   Link #1881
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
The "love-me chain"?
Spoiler for it has its uses:

Supposed to look like this but oh well...
Yep, making it look like this could have avoided Venus being the... recipient (must-avoid-unintentional-pun-at-all-costs) of many jokes in the lead up to SMC
Tbh, despite seeing where people are coming from, I'm already sick of hearing that particular comment... I can only imagine what it will be like during the show's airing... hah.
It's one of these "how did no one notice this before releasing the artwork?" things
Like her broken wrist in the trailer image, but oh well

Getting slightly more excited for the show now, not sure why. Maybe because we know approximately what we'll be getting and/or I don't really care anymore?! Oh well..bring on July. I want to see how they handle a whole episode.
Old 2014-06-13, 00:33   Link #1882
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Reminds me of the SMA parody were their extremely ditzy (among other things) Venus couldn't remember her attack names, but realized she could just say anything and it would work. Her solution being, "Venus anal beads vaginize", which definately made Jupiter stop to call her out on it.
Old 2014-06-13, 05:53   Link #1883
minaku
Princess of Hades

This "anal beads" thing is so stupid, like the "penis" tower of the Ariel's castle.

Last edited by minaku; 2014-06-13 at 06:12.
Old 2014-06-13, 10:03   Link #1884
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I wouldn't like it if her belt had hearts on it instead, tbh. That looks so tacky, like something for a 6-year-old out of Claire's or some other cheap girl's accessories store like that. =/
Old 2014-06-13, 10:30   Link #1885
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I wouldn't like it if her belt had hearts on it instead, tbh. That looks so tacky, like something for a 6-year-old out of Claire's or some other cheap girl's accessories store like that. =/
Exactly my thoughts. She actually doesn't have heart-shaped ornaments in the manga, at least in the beginning (except some artwork in the artbooks). Can't remember if after some upgrade, the form of the chain changes. But, hey, it's a weapon, she kills some coky-manly-general-asses with it - it doesn't need heart-shaped flavor.
Old 2014-06-13, 10:43   Link #1886
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaku View Post
But, hey, it's a weapon, she kills some coky-manly-general-asses with it - it doesn't need heart-shaped flavor.
Oh my... Where's George Takei when you need him...
Old 2014-06-13, 12:17   Link #1887
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Well yeah, but attracting comparisons to sex toys isn't exactly classy either, nor is the round shape any less tacky. It's very...dated. I remember seeing girls wear belts like that ages ago, and it wasn't a good look, still isn't.
They probably could've done something to improve the look of it.
I just don't look forward to hearing that joke a hundred times after every episode. It was funny enough when SMA did it, but ugh. It's lame.

Then again, having her hold the chain up like that doesn't exactly help, so maybe that's what they were actually going for
Old 2014-06-13, 19:01   Link #1888
achirist

Venus is staring, shocked at her broken wrist and Jupiter is also holding onto her own wrist, as if in sympathy, so perhaps it's an actual storyline on the show, where her 'love chain' is redirected and breaks her wrist? It's a possibility...I thought in the first anime it was just a bright golden link-chain that Venus had? It does look like a flimsy plastic necklace that is unlikely to have much use as a weapon outside of grade school play-fighting, but whatevs.
Old 2014-06-15, 20:11   Link #1889
minaku
Princess of Hades

The more I look at it, the more it looks like the original art and I start to like it Is it look alike or I am imagining things?

Old 2014-06-15, 21:44   Link #1890
Miraluka
Banned

Needs more flowers though.
Old 2014-06-16, 05:03   Link #1891
Sophie
succubus
*IT Support

Quote:
The more I look at it, the more it looks like the original art and I start to like it Is it look alike or I am imagining things?

It is supposed to, so you're not imagining it. :3
Old 2014-06-16, 05:06   Link #1892
minaku
Princess of Hades

Miss Dream posted a translation of an interview with Munehisa Sakai. Here is a quote from it : “As part of our new presentation, an important scene that occurs much later in the story is going to appear in the first episode. That’s something that we can only do now that the original manga is complete. We use techniques like that all over the place, so I hope people can watch it with excitement.” Which do you think is this scene?

Last edited by minaku; 2014-06-16 at 20:51.
Old 2014-06-16, 23:23   Link #1893
Casshern

The war on the moon maybe? It would be so cool if they opened with that imo.
Old 2014-06-17, 03:32   Link #1894
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
The war on the moon maybe? It would be so cool if they opened with that imo.
If they can pull off it right it will be so cool, but am not so sure, it might turn out like the Dic(k) intro . Maybe something more subtle, yes. I don't think they'll show that, because there might be many new viewers who have never read the manga or watched the anime.
Old 2014-06-17, 03:39   Link #1895
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That or some serious Sailor V time.
Old 2014-06-17, 06:35   Link #1896
Frumix

Quote:
Miss Dream posted a translation of an interview with Munehisa Sakai. Here is a quote from it : “As part of our new presentation, an important scene that occurs much later in the story is going to appear in the first episode. That’s something that we can only do now that the original manga is complete. We use techniques like that all over the place, so I hope people can watch it with excitement.” Which do you think is this scene?
Well there was that
Spoiler for Manga ending:
thing. Erm...
Spoiler for Manga ending:
I'm taking it as a hint we're aiming at full 5 arc adaptation and you're not gonna stop me!
Old 2014-06-17, 06:51   Link #1897
T-6000

Quote:
I think it could be the battle on the Moon, where Beryl turns Earth and it's leaders on the kingdom of the Moon. I know in the English Dub (Or rather, at this point I should called it the "First" English Dub) they show the battle of the moon and what happened at the aftermath. Some fans weren't happy about this, as it was a major spoiler revealed much too early. But I guess by this point everyone and their mothers (Not an exaggeration, I imagine alot of mothers today grew up with Sailor Moon) knows about the overall story. I'm still unsure about revealing an important scene later in the manga in the first episode, mainly for story pacing & structure, but I guess we'll have to see how it goes.

By the way, can you provide a link to the translation? I'm interested in giving it a read.

***EDIT***

Nevermind, I found it. Here is the translation if anyone is interested:

https://missdream.org/sailor-moon-in...ly-2014-issue/

From what I am reading in the interview, looks like they'll be using heavy amounts of CGI for the transformation sequences.

Last edited by T-6000; 2014-06-17 at 07:08.
Old 2014-06-17, 07:57   Link #1898
minaku
Princess of Hades

qqqqqq
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
I think it could be the battle on the Moon, where Beryl turns Earth and it's leaders on the kingdom of the Moon. I know in the English Dub (Or rather, at this point I should called it the "First" English Dub) they show the battle of the moon and what happened at the aftermath. Some fans weren't happy about this, as it was a major spoiler revealed much too early. But I guess by this point everyone and their mothers (Not an exaggeration, I imagine alot of mothers today grew up with Sailor Moon) knows about the overall story. I'm still unsure about revealing an important scene later in the manga in the first episode, mainly for story pacing & structure, but I guess we'll have to see how it goes.

By the way, can you provide a link to the translation? I'm interested in giving it a read.

***EDIT***

Nevermind, I found it. Here is the translation if anyone is interested:

https://missdream.org/sailor-moon-in...ly-2014-issue/

From what I am reading in the interview, looks like they'll be using heavy amounts of CGI for the transformation sequences.
I don't think that using CGI for coloring and lightning is classified as "heavy", so I hope they won't overdo it.

I think the so called importent scene will be something like the princess, calling for Mamoru, begging him to find the Silver Crystal, something not so revealing. Because Tuxedo Mask is searching for the Silver Crystal from the very first chapter, but his motives are revealed later in the story.

Frumix, I think it's impossible to adapt the whole manga in 26 episodes. If that were the case, they would have introduced at least Sailor Moon, Mercury and Mars in the first episode (adapting 3 chapters in it). It will be horrible pacing, without character development and a very shortened version of the manga, that even needs additions, even Takeuchi-san admits how rushed is the manga and how she has always wanted to have time and flesh out more characters. And last, but not least, Toei wouldn't lose the opportunity of a long-running, merchandise-selling adaptation of one of their most succesful series.

Last edited by minaku; 2014-06-17 at 11:09.
Old 2014-06-17, 10:14   Link #1899
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
even Takeuchi-san admits how rushed is the manga and how she has always wanted to have time and flesh out more characters. And last, but not least, Toei wouldn't lose the opportunity of a long-running, merchandise-selling adaptation of one of their most succesful series.
That is the one thing I'm hoping to get from this adaption and the main reason I'm willing to support it, even if the artwork and animation is barf-inducing imo. I'd love to see the story and some characters get fleshed out in future seasons. The Amazon Quartet and Saturn in particular... Some more focus on the Inners instead of Usagi would be nice too, although that's not a must.
And maybe the villains too.

But if they screw up the storytelling and characterisation too, I'm out
Old 2014-06-17, 12:18   Link #1900
Frumix

Quote:
Frumix, I think it's impossible to adapt the whole manga in 26 episodes. If that were the case, they would have introduced at least Sailor Moon, Mercury and Mars in the first episode (adapting 3 chapters in it). It will be horrible pacing, without character development and a very shortened version of the manga, that even needs additions, even Takeuchi-san admits how rushed is the manga and how she has always wanted to have time and flesh out more characters. And last, but not least, Toei wouldn't lose the opportunity of a long-running, merchandise-selling adaptation of one of their most succesful series.
That's assuming 26 episodes is all they have planned.
26 episodes is enough for 2 arcs with a decent pacing, because remember, episode length is extended as well.
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo