AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-06-19, 20:05   Link #10561
wcthesecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
You'll have Cain in the second half. Cain also wears boy clothes.
...no, Only Cruz.
wcthesecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 20:18   Link #10562
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
The Ice fragment of that monk will turn out to be of a lower level than Strom's. There.

Apart of this I don't think it needs any other changes.
You seem rather defensive about this, when it's reasonable to do that. I mentioned this in earlier post. It's impossible to align things exactly with Needless 1.5, with the way things are now.
Old 2013-06-19, 22:56   Link #10563
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
You seem rather defensive about this, when it's reasonable to do that. I mentioned this in earlier post. It's impossible to align things exactly with Needless 1.5, with the way things are now.
I've always felt that Needless 1.5 is to Needless 2 as the Sacred Sword is to Needless 1... in that they're related to the other manga but not directly. With the Sacred Sword, it was about Blade and Seth together, whereas the Needless 1 was about Cruz, Blade and Eve. Needless 1.5 was about ANn and Cain but Needless 2 will be probably be about Cruz, ANn and... who knows?

I wouldn't be surprised if Imai Kami decided to redraw Needless 1.5 with some new details, especially since it can be used as a segue from 1 to 2 properly now. I'm sure some he'll want to introduce some foreshadowing too, especially if some of the other characters switch spots or something. Hell, I'd be fun to see Needless 1.5 with Strom and Voras there instead of the other two guys. Of course, it doesn't have to be that, could just be differences in jokes and dialogue to set up the story for Needless 2.
Old 2013-06-19, 23:20   Link #10564
erapath

Quote:
Thanks for the info, Avvesione.

Oh god, a 6 month break, my body won't resist it...!!

But hey, he has won himself a well deserved vacation.

Is either gonna begin before 1.5 or a few months or a year after. Since Imai is known for leave misteries hanging out for years, I choose the second option.
It's not too long. He will back with better jokes/story.

Quote:
You'll have Cain in the second half. Cain also wears boy clothes.
I hope he won't crossdress Cain like he did with Cruz. I want him to be a lolicon like Blade.
erapath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 23:26   Link #10565
wcthesecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by erapath View Post
It's not too long. He will back with better jokes/story.

I hope he won't crossdress Cain like he did with Cruz. I want him to be a lolicon like Blade.
I want you to be kind to children, but I guess we can't get everything we want.
Old 2013-06-20, 00:28   Link #10566
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I didn't take a look at the link, but is it actually confirmed that Needless 2 will start in 2014? It otherwise sounds like Imai Kami is going to be doing some other non-Needless work starting then

And despite the many loose ends that have been pointed out, my biggest question is this- where exactly is Cruz/Yamada in Needless 2? Granted, several things have been retconned, such as Eve and ANn... but where Cruz is (yes, despite the gender change it's still originally Cruz) is my personal biggest question.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 00:48   Link #10567
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcthesecret View Post
I want you to be kind to children, but I guess we can't get everything we want.
Knock it off. You're pushing my patience.
Old 2013-06-20, 00:59   Link #10568
wcthesecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Knock it off. You're pushing my patience.
I just hate people that get joy from that kind of thing.
Old 2013-06-20, 01:07   Link #10569
kazzuya13

I wonder if Yamada will grow some breast?
Old 2013-06-20, 01:07   Link #10570
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcthesecret View Post
I just hate people that get joy from that kind of thing.
I don't care. You don't like Cruz's fate. We get it. Your emotion over this is turning into harassing other members because they have a different opinion. Agree to disagree, and drop the subject. It's not worth forcing me to take official action over something like this, is it?
Old 2013-06-20, 01:10   Link #10571
wcthesecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by solace View Post
i don't care. You don't like cruz's fate. We get it. Your emotion over this is turning into harassing other members because they have a different opinion. Agree to disagree, and drop the subject. It's not worth forcing me to take official action over something like this, is it?
...*u** you're the popo!!!
Old 2013-06-20, 06:31   Link #10572
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Quote:
I haven't gotten my copy of Ultra Jump yet, but it looks like there is an announcement that Imai Kami is beginning a new project in 2014 in UJ.

Here's the link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/manganewsjapon/s...58964107026432

So yeah, that was quick.
"Then, in early 2014...
New start-up of attention
For more information Te UJ its samurai future!!"

...says Google Translate.

Whether this implies a new series or a re-start of Needless is beyond my ability to figure out. I guess we'll just have to samurai Te UJ for further announcements?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
I wonder if Yamada will grow some breast?
She did. Read chapter 113 again and you'll see.

What I'm wondering is whether Yamada will continue to be addressed only by her surname. I think she needs to get herself a proper girl's first name now that the question of her gender has finally been settled. Suggestions on a postcard, please...
Old 2013-06-20, 09:49   Link #10573
Ynot

^ Hehehe google translate sometimes surprises me with the things it can get right, but other times it's a all too obviously a machine translation. Early 2014 the author will start with a new manga and more info will be found in the next Ultra Jump's. However, Imai Kami already said he's planning on something a bit different for his next work(something not Needless 2) so I guess we'll be waiting a month for the next UJ to get some answers....lol, same as always I guess.

Quote:
^ Hmm, I don't get this. Coud you elaborate, please?
I don't have enough info to be any clearer. It's easy to start drawing false conclusions with limited info so we'll just have to wait for more info which should be forthcoming in future UJ's.

Last edited by Ynot; 2013-06-20 at 13:52.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 10:32   Link #10574
Homura7

^ Hmm, I don't get this. Coud you elaborate, please?
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 11:16   Link #10575
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I didn't take a look at the link, but is it actually confirmed that Needless 2 will start in 2014? It otherwise sounds like Imai Kami is going to be doing some other non-Needless work starting then

And despite the many loose ends that have been pointed out, my biggest question is this- where exactly is Cruz/Yamada in Needless 2? Granted, several things have been retconned, such as Eve and ANn... but where Cruz is (yes, despite the gender change it's still originally Cruz) is my personal biggest question.
That's also one of my biggest concerns. Imai-san set him up as a the central protagonist. Now, I wonder where she fits in now. Many hints were laid out that there is more to her than what was established. However, we never got anything more, assuming it would be addressed in Part II. Now, I'm starting to worry if a Part II is coming. The new project looks to be something else.

Quote:
I've always felt that Needless 1.5 is to Needless 2 as the Sacred Sword is to Needless 1... in that they're related to the other manga but not directly. With the Sacred Sword, it was about Blade and Seth together, whereas the Needless 1 was about Cruz, Blade and Eve. Needless 1.5 was about ANn and Cain but Needless 2 will be probably be about Cruz, ANn and... who knows?

I wouldn't be surprised if Imai Kami decided to redraw Needless 1.5 with some new details, especially since it can be used as a segue from 1 to 2 properly now. I'm sure some he'll want to introduce some foreshadowing too, especially if some of the other characters switch spots or something. Hell, I'd be fun to see Needless 1.5 with Strom and Voras there instead of the other two guys. Of course, it doesn't have to be that, could just be differences in jokes and dialogue to set up the story for Needless 2.
What really doesn't add up is the Black Madam being in 1.5. How does end up from being the Saint Rose principal to Blade's caretaker.

Quote:
I don't care. You don't like Cruz's fate. We get it. Your emotion over this is turning into harassing other members because they have a different opinion. Agree to disagree, and drop the subject. It's not worth forcing me to take official action over something like this, is it?
Not that I condone with wcthesecret's posts, but I must admit we're similar in how we don't like seeing Cruz mistreated. However, I don't mind the genderbending, because I believe that serves a greater purpose. What I really want Cruz to have by the end of the Part II is one true friend. e.g. Blade and Eve, Set and Solva. Maybe this angel is that friend.
Old 2013-06-20, 11:31   Link #10576
Soji

Quote:
That's also one of my biggest concerns. Imai-san set him up as a the central protagonist. Now, I wonder where she fits in now. Many hints were laid out that there is more to her than what was established. However, we never got anything more, assuming it would be addressed in Part II. Now, I'm starting to worry if a Part II is coming. The new project looks to be something else.
To tell you the true I see needless 1 like , Yamada/Cruz grow a person and Needless . While in Needless 2 we will see her act more....or at least this is what I think.

About Part 2 , i'm pretty sure will come out, we just don't know when.

Quote:
What really doesn't add up is the Black Madam being in 1.5. How does end up from being the Saint Rose principal to Blade's caretaker.
Maybe with Riru and Fake AA + Saten die the school cease to function? About how she end up to being Blade's caretaker( and in extended Eve) . Maybe some one ask her this favor? I can see Yamada ask her this , if she don't have anything else to do and Yamada have something else to do with the other.
Just a thought.

Quote:
Not that I condone with wcthesecret's posts, but I must admit we're similar in how we don't like seeing Cruz mistreated. However, I don't mind the genderbending, because I believe that serves a greater purpose. What I really want Cruz to have by the end of the Part II is one true friend. e.g. Blade and Eve, Set and Solva. Maybe this angel is that friend.
I agree with this.
Although, I think that the way the story end now, will be fun to read what will happen next , when Needless part 2 will come out.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 12:46   Link #10577
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
To tell you the true I see needless 1 like , Yamada/Cruz grow a person and Needless . While in Needless 2 we will see her act more....or at least this is what I think.

About Part 2 , i'm pretty sure will come out, we just don't know when.
I hope so. Right now, I'm reminded of reading The Emerging Kingdom of Mismarca, which was really good. However, the ending left me a little empty feeling knowing it wasn't finished.

Quote:
Maybe with Riru and Fake AA + Saten die the school cease to function? About how she end up to being Blade's caretaker( and in extended Eve) . Maybe some one ask her this favor? I can see Yamada ask her this , if she don't have anything else to do and Yamada have something else to do with the other.
Just a thought.
Problem is if Simeon still exists and continuing the Needless hunt, the school will no doubt still be running, and I can't see the Black Madam abandoning her charges. We have no idea what Saten's last order to Setsuna and co. under Black Attraction. Maybe, he has a way to revive himself using the Angel's cells in their bodies.

Quote:
I agree with this.
Although, I think that the way the story end now, will be fun to read what will happen next , when Needless part 2 will come out.
I can think of a dozen possibilities. The story can basically go anywhere now.
Old 2013-06-20, 13:56   Link #10578
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Just to jump back a couple pages, as I didn't get the chance for a reply at the time

Quote:

Blade making it permanent is both the culmination of the joke, and a completion of that plot element, for now. I'm sure we'll get more gender jokes in Needless 2.
The thing is, with Blade completely turning Cruz into a girl (this is one of those times when I curse Blade out for being a total lolicon), although you might say it's the culmination... well, to me, it was funny as a running gag with Cruz crossdressing, but then changing he to a she... killed the joke and made it no longer funny.

Quote:
My issue here with how you speak of it, is that you post about it far too seriously. I understand that people can be uncomfortable with gender bending in stories. It's not everyone's "thing". That said, it's just a story, and it's used for (mostly) comic effect.
And I'm also one of those people who genderbending doesn't sit well with (I tried Kampfer, and literally couldn't get past the first 4~5 pages)... and as I stated above, the comedy died when it was no longer a gag.

Of course, the difference between me and wc is that Needless, though relatively good, isn't even in my Top 10 list of manga (and this recent development dropped it even further now), and so I just say that I'll finish the manga off, and then go onto a series that I like better than this... and see what Kami has in store for us next year, and decide if I want to follow that or just read this thread occasionally.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 14:26   Link #10579
wcthesecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Just to jump back a couple pages, as I didn't get the chance for a reply at the time

The thing is, with Blade completely turning Cruz into a girl (this is one of those times when I curse Blade out for being a total lolicon), although you might say it's the culmination... well, to me, it was funny as a running gag with Cruz crossdressing, but then changing he to a she... killed the joke and made it no longer funny.

And I'm also one of those people who genderbending doesn't sit well with (I tried Kampfer, and literally couldn't get past the first 4~5 pages)... and as I stated above, the comedy died when it was no longer a gag.

Of course, the difference between me and wc is that Needless, though relatively good, isn't even in my Top 10 list of manga (and this recent development dropped it even further now), and so I just say that I'll finish the manga off, and then go onto a series that I like better than this... and see what Kami has in store for us next year, and decide if I want to follow that or just read this thread occasionally.
...i don't even think it's a top ten of mine either...idk if its in there at all.
Old 2013-06-20, 14:29   Link #10580
Homura7

Just to tip the balance a little, yes, Needless is top ten in my list of Seinen manga

Also, is time to bring something back. In the v.08 the last page contains Madam Black's profile. There you can find a section where Imai reassures whoever liked her character by subtly stating she doesn't have a death flag, as she lives in Needless 1.5

Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Homura7; 2013-06-20 at 14:44.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, seinen