AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-09-07, 00:17   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 554 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It's a new week, so that means new Naruto spoilers...which are now released...

Quote:
-Naruto uses 3 Rasenshurikens on the dead Raikage. Two miss, but the third hits...but it is not enough to disable the zombie so he can be sealed.

-The dead Raikage attacks by focusing all his chakra to his hands (Tsunade's technique?). The Doton squad is taken out.

-Naruto goes for broke and starts to use a Bijuu Dama on the Zombie...

Last edited by james0246; 2011-09-07 at 07:22.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 09:16   Link #2
farhan

such powerful techniques...how did dead raikage maintain a fight for 3 days and 3 nights???

plus..

naruto's new technique appealed...

Last edited by farhan; 2011-09-07 at 09:28.
farhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 09:30   Link #3
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Well, chapter's out. I gotta say, it was rather impressive how Naruto was juggling around the Rasenshuriken. Those chakra hands of his are very handy (pun unintended). I just wish the elemental rock-paper-scissors remained intact. Case in point, when the Raikage charges his Lightning Claws (not actual name but I'm calling them that) the allies used an Earth-based wall technique. Now didn't we learn that lightning trumps earth? Yet why are the allies surprised that it crumbled? Naruto on the other hand was very much justified in asking why his Wind-based Rasenchuriken couldn't eat through the Lightning-based armour.

-Oh well, at least the Bijuu Dama seems to be going nicely. It was also pleasant to see Naruto using his head and observing things whilst in the middle of a battle. Its no Itachi or Minato but its getting there.
Old 2011-09-07, 09:32   Link #4
james0246

It seems Naruto didn't use 3 Rasenshuriken's, but instead used the same one for three attacks: 2 feints, and one real. That was actually pretty cool.

The Raikage's Chidori thingy...not so much...

Also, the end note mentioning Gaara and Oonoki was hilarious...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 09:41   Link #5
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The Raikage's Chidori thingy...not so much...
-I found it funnier that Naruto called Kakashi's Raikiri and Sasuke's Chidori like they're 2 different jutsu.
Old 2011-09-07, 09:46   Link #6
farhan

but i think naruto still not at a level that can use himself to guard his comrades...still long way to gain high intel...
farhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 09:51   Link #7
ZeroForever

curious how being physically tough would help against with a technique that tears apart you at the cellular level...
I would have preferred if they just noted the regeneration helped negate the effects or something... still additional bad writing isn't surprising at this stage. Specially as others brought up it's been established lightning beats earth... so of course they went with earth defense against lightning offense... sigh...
Old 2011-09-07, 09:59   Link #8
Rahan

This chapter ranks along the Armadillo penis chapters in the list of the dumbest Naruto chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
I just wish the elemental rock-paper-scissors remained intact. Case in point, when the Raikage charges his Lightning Claws (not actual name but I'm calling them that) the allies used an Earth-based wall technique.
Highlight of the chapter. (or proof Kishi doesn't give a shit about what he is writing)

Hurry up, we need earth, he is using lightning !

Quote:
Now didn't we learn that lightning trumps earth? Yet why are the allies surprised that it crumbled? Naruto on the other hand was very much justified in asking why his Wind-based Rasenchuriken couldn't eat through the Lightning-based armour.
Oh, but it did. You can see the FRS going through the Raiton and eat the flesh.
Just like Sasuke's Chidori was not powerful to pierce deeply through A's flesh, the FRS is too weak to hurt the dead Raikage ...
That's why he could fight for 3 days. He is basically invulnerable to physical damages. He is Kenpachi on steroids.

This is completely retarded, but people were whining that Naruto didn't need a more powerful Rasengan. That's why in 4 chapters, we had FRS worthless against Cerberus (who was one-shotted by Itachi) and just too weak to even hurt the toughest human.

This dude makes Minato who never went higher than basic Rasengan looks like a mosquito.

And since the chakra's arms are there to stay, I'd say Naruto's fighting style is even worse looking now that it was before the last training, and it was alrady pretty dull.

Last edited by Rahan; 2011-09-07 at 10:11.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 10:16   Link #9
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
This dude makes Minato who never went higher than basic Rasengan looks like a mosquito.
Yup. I guess Minato was never about power, but he was the fastest ninja alive back then. Just like Muu was the stealthiest ninja when he was alive.

Logically speaking: earth beats lightning & lightning beats water. Thus, I really don't know where Kishimoto get that idea that lightning can defeat earth/land/soil.
Old 2011-09-07, 10:35   Link #10
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Is Raikage naturally tough or is it the zombie body? From the looks of it, RS is enough to take out his chakra armor. Maybe if he just used two in a row, it would work. But then again, they wouldn't be able to seal him if he gets vaporized.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 11:31   Link #11
haegar
mangaviking

meh. expected a bit more from this lineup... yeah the shuriken versatile use was ok, but doesnt make it a particularly great chap. was to be expected the old guy would be hax, but not even taking damage from the rasen ... cellular level my ass so far the limitation on this jutsu always was "naruto has to get it in" - no we are suddenly back to "there is people who can just shrug it off" :/

As for Minato the Moskito with Rasengan - well, yeah in comparison it kinda pales - but that doesnt change the fact that he is the first guy that successfully made a jutsu used by humans out of the tailed beast bomb - which it seems we will see in full splendour next chap

without Minato no Rasen Shuriken and no Biju Bomb in chakra mode - and it was never a secret the younger gen takes it up a notch - naruto is just very thorugh with doing that with minato's technique
Old 2011-09-07, 11:59   Link #12
yakumo-chan

Naruto is starting to look bad right now,,,,, Kishi needs to end this series right away before it gets worse
Old 2011-09-07, 12:13   Link #13
ShadowAssasin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
curious how being physically tough would help against with a technique that tears apart you at the cellular level...
Perhaps because the foundation of this special "toughness" property lies at the molecular level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Hurry up, we need earth, he is using lightning !
Which wasn't even said. The earth users probably have one of the only "wall-jutsu" available, and their confidence in that wall's element was shown when they reinforced it with a rubber wall, which happens to be non-conductive and therefore a perfect defense against a lightining attack (in theory). Regardless of what they do though, they are still completely mis-matched against the Raikage in various aspects so that Naruto can save them; so whatever they did would have little chance of succeeding anyway.

Quote:
This is completely retarded, but people were whining that Naruto didn't need a more powerful Rasengan.
Just because he finally came across someone he cannot one-hit-kill with this particular technique doesn't mean he needs it even stronger than it is, it only means he needs to improvise --as per Itachi, every technique has a weakness(even his new rasengan may not work against everyone). You should be happy considering your own "whining" in the previous chapter's thread regarding Naruto not using any non-rasengan techniques.

Quote:
That's why in 4 chapters, we had FRS worthless against Cerberus (who was one-shotted by Itachi) and just too weak to even hurt the toughest human.
The toughest human who was also clad in Raiton armor, and a supernatural dog that regenerates itself? (which Naruto should have known about already and used a better method). I don't see the point in dodging a "worthless" technique either. The blast given by that FRS left the Raikage on his back, steaming, and without his raiton armor. At the very least it could potentially stop the Raikage from doing something such as performing a very dangerous jutsu and slow him down, or simply be used as a setup, removing the raiton armor in preparation for another attack; which apparently won't be needed anyway because it seems Naruto coincidentally has the very type of attack that Raikage is weak against.

Last edited by ShadowAssasin; 2011-09-07 at 12:34.
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 13:17   Link #14
Artful Dodger

So this chapter shows Naruto against the first Raikage, and the limits of the FRS Rasengan. Naruto makes interesting us of his "chakra arms", and is apparently able to manipulate the frs shiruken to a greater extent that simply throwing it, but the rasengan is shown to be insufficient to significantly injur the Raikage, who is within his raiton armor. Still, I thought Naruto's new level of proficiency with the shiruken was impressive.

The most impressive thing however, was the Raikage, and he was basically unstoppable this chapter, his agility despite his large size was especially impressive. It really does make you wonder about his 3-day battle --must have been quite the scene. Naruto being aided and again fed invaluable information about an enemies weakness might annoy some readers, but the fight was reasonably interesting to watch, mostly because of the Raikage.

Still, with that said, the chapter wasn't much of a chapter, just Naruto failing at something to build up for a big win in the next chapter, and saving a small army of ninja who are essentially helpless against their foe. I had hoped to at least see a technique from Temari(or just something at all, besides her just standing there looking overwhelmed), despite its hopelessness to be effective because of Naruto's presence, but oh well. Essentially, an uneventful chapter plot-wise that uses an all too familiar formula with Naruto, that many readers are probably annoyed with, given the very exciting match-ups that are (hopefully) coming up shortly. What makes it worse, is that a small army is being saved by what seems to be a clone... C-
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 13:19   Link #15
Rahan

One of the annoying things in this arc is that since Kishi don't want a bunshin to straight out beat a kage and since that Naruto has no help here (well, just Temari), it's turning into a parody of a fight. Naruto has no defense and probably wont' ever and the enemies have attacks that really hurt (or more). So he'll never be targeted and when he is, he'll just blitz the opponent like Mu.
We won't ever have the tension of a fight. The enemies are more or less sitting ducks. They are just there to to showcase how powerful ninjas react to the attacks of Naruto who won't ever have to deal with their offensive power. It's the middle of the war and Naruto is sparring with zombies ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAssasin View Post
Which wasn't even said. The earth users probably have one of the only "wall-jutsu" available,
Then why out of all the ninjas available, choose the Earth Users to defend against the jutsu ?
Because, yes he picked the Earth users, and he later explained it was to defend against ligthning.

Quote:
Just because he finally came across someone he cannot one-hit-kill with this particular technique doesn't mean he needs it even stronger than it is, it only means he needs to improvise --as per Itachi, every technique has a weakness(even his new rasengan may not work against everyone). You should be happy considering your own "whining" in the previous chapter's thread regarding Naruto not using any non-rasengan techniques.
Well, you either missed the part where he trained for this new Rasengan because he needed it and it was fate his father prepared him for it by creating the Rasengan ... or maybe you think it wasn't important ?
From that day on, the FRS days were numbered ... AT this point, it' obvious Susanoo with or without the mirror will brush them like nothng and that's where he'll need the mirror.

It's not improvisation, it's unleashing your new move after your former strongest move failed miserably. (even if Kishi comes up with some crap about yin yang or whatever working on the Raikage, coincidentally, all the other enemies will have the same kind of defense so the new jutsu will work on all the new enemies, de facto making the bijuu dama his new strongest move)

It's not strategy either ... It's DBZ / Bleach fights. And definitely not early Naruto fights.

Last edited by Rahan; 2011-09-07 at 13:34.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 14:10   Link #16
Ero-Senn1n

The chapter just shows that Naruto has learned the 2 things Itachi was teaching him: he was a teamplayer and he knows that the raikage must have a weak point.

I don't have a problem with the way elements were used, except the raikage's armor beating the rasenshuriken. They tried to use wind against lighting, it seems logical. When the raikage attacked they tried to make a defensive jutsu, in most cases earth jutsu is what can build walls of defense, we have also seen water, but i never saw wind or fire as a defensive jutsu, so it's logical for a wall be either earth or water. Sure making a water prison like Kisame's could be a better idea than this earth wall, but it seems that all these ninjas do not have a such a team-earth-jutsu. Also the lighting > earth is true only if both jutsu are of equal power, but here they relies on a lot of people making the earth jutsu, so they hoped that it would be huge enough to beat the lightning ( for example 100 x earth > lighting ). But it seems that the raikage can shoot a lighting laser from his fingers and cut through anything, quite impressive, the younger raikage is weaker than this guy, with this attack he could have cut through Sasuke's Susano armor and kill him easily. I didn't expect the raikage to be the strongest of these 4 kages, the rock and water kages were hyped up too much compared to him. But the strongest wind attack being beaten by the strongest lighting defense is stupid, in this case it's really wind > lighting, and a dead raikage. At least Kishimoto should have shown something like a blown off upper body that regenerates in zombie mode (similar to Cell regenerating a full upper body). Or if he goes for the cell-level damage, then show that all cells were severed but the zombie-cells regenerate.

However that noname lighting ninja dragging around Naruto was kinda stupid, Naruto looked so weak there that it's hard to imagine that he stands a chance against Sasuke or Madara. Well i guess Kishimoto will do the same thing he did before Pain attacked the village: in a very short time Naruto pulls out of his ass another large powerup. That's why i would have preferred him training with Itachi in a Tsukiyomi world for a reasonable amount of time instead of random stupid powerups in a few days.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 14:13   Link #17
Alchemist007
*Author

Good to see Naruto is master of all strategies involving Rasen-anything.
Old 2011-09-07, 14:22   Link #18
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This seemed like a pretty pointless chapter imo. At leats the fights with those pseudo Kyuubi twins fleshed out some minor characters and made the mooks feel more important. This fight only fleshes out a guy that's already dead and won't affect the main plot in anyway.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 14:49   Link #19
Casshern

Damn, no Sasuke this week. I wish he'd at least show some Madara, Itachi or Kabuto. At this point I'd be happy if he had all the edo tensei kage defeated out of view and moved on with the real fights already.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 14:49   Link #20
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-I found it funnier that Naruto called Kakashi's Raikiri and Sasuke's Chidori like they're 2 different jutsu.
how many times must we go through this, they are 2 different jutsus, the data book says it, the characters say it, kimish himself says it.

they are different, they might not look it, but they are different. Chidori is a A-rank and Raikiri is S-rank. Raikiri uses more chakra and you need better chakra control. Chidori appears as a mass of white electrical chakra,while the Raikiri is more focused and blue.

kinda weird that they had earth users trying to stop him, but i think it was more to slow him down then it was to actually stop him in his tracks. it could have worked if he was any other ninja, but hes not. so he chewed through it no problem and took out a dozen or so men.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion