AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-05-12, 06:51   Link #81
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 10:31   Link #82
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Here's the latest update--

Completing the puzzle only gives you a AMV that plays to Chiisana Hoshi ga Oriru Toki. The hunt for Haruka and Arika continues on... but I'm rapidly running out of ideas.

Has anyone figured out how to unlock those two? And is there a Japanese counterpart to Gamefaqs?
Aya Reiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 12:31   Link #83
muppet
Roller of 20's

Send a message via AIM to muppet
For all of you who have the game, I've got a question to ask:

Those videos on the site, are they of the finished game? I mean, it looks cool, but the animations seem a bit below par. I was just wondering if those were just to show the fact that they have a working product.
muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 12:53   Link #84
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet
For all of you who have the game, I've got a question to ask:

Those videos on the site, are they of the finished game? I mean, it looks cool, but the animations seem a bit below par. I was just wondering if those were just to show the fact that they have a working product.
They are of the finished game, but the resolution and codex they use for the videos doesn't do the game justice.
Old 2006-05-14, 04:01   Link #85
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
An AMV? Just like the Fandisk Mai HIME?
Old 2006-05-14, 05:06   Link #86
gashunum

Anyway for the first game (bakuretsu), how many costumes are available for each character... (mai, mikoto, natsuki, akane, nao, akira, midori, miyu (and whether miyu is playable with or without alyssa)) just for checking...
gashunum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 11:26   Link #87
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4xb0x
One quick question:

Is there a US release for the game, or do we have to import it?
You have to import it. How many anime games has ever been released stateside that wasn't DBZ, Naruto, or GitS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo
An AMV? Just like the Fandisk Mai HIME?
I don't know as I've never seen that.

It basically plays to scenes of the HiME's reawakening/confrontation with the HiME Star (w/o dialog or FX).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashunum
Anyway for the first game (bakuretsu), how many costumes are available for each character... (mai, mikoto, natsuki, akane, nao, akira, midori, miyu (and whether miyu is playable with or without alyssa)) just for checking...
For Bakuretsu; Natsuki, Mai, and Mikoto have 4 apiece and Miyu, Nao, Midori, Akane, and Akira each have 3.

Last edited by Aya Reiko; 2006-05-14 at 11:42.
Old 2006-05-14, 22:58   Link #88
Xeno_Ryvius

I found a save file with both Arika and Haruka unlocked. Arika got 2 school uniforms, her robe and swimsuit from Mai-Otome. She got the best attack in the game too, shooting out the word "moe".
Xeno_Ryvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 02:17   Link #89
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno_Ryvius
I found a save file with both Arika and Haruka unlocked. Arika got 2 school uniforms, her robe and swimsuit from Mai-Otome. She got the best attack in the game too, shooting out the word "moe".
What I like to know is how to unlock them. Any clue how?
Old 2006-05-15, 03:04   Link #90
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Check Gamefaqs

Last edited by IchiKyo; 2006-05-16 at 01:15.
Old 2006-05-15, 08:43   Link #91
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo
I've been checking them once or twice a day, seeing if anyone figured anything out that I haven't. Currently, they are way behind where I am now. (I probably should send them what I found.)

- - - - - - -

I'm all but certain I've cleaned BR out of all its secrets it holds. I just cleared 11 foes in BR, only Shiho and Yukariko fell to someone else. (And this ties my record, I also got 11 wins with Natsuki too.)

I'm hoping no secrets require me to get over 15 wins in survival to unlock. Reaching 14 wins is difficult in itself.

BTW, does anyone else here have the game?

- - - - - -

Beyond the System Voices I know about, there are two more open slots. One is probably Arika and the other will probably be "Misc". (Haruka is also on Yukino's System Voice. )
Old 2006-05-15, 10:01   Link #92
moyism
Wannabe Smut Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko
I've been checking them once or twice a day, seeing if anyone figured anything out that I haven't. Currently, they are way behind where I am now. (I probably should send them what I found.)

- - - - - - -

I'm all but certain I've cleaned BR out of all its secrets it holds. I just cleared 11 foes in BR, only Shiho and Yukariko fell to someone else. (And this ties my record, I also got 11 wins with Natsuki too.)

I'm hoping no secrets require me to get over 15 wins in survival to unlock. Reaching 14 wins is difficult in itself.

BTW, does anyone else here have the game?

- - - - - -

Beyond the System Voices I know about, there are two more open slots. One is probably Arika and the other will probably be "Misc". (Haruka is also on Yukino's System Voice. )
I have the game but am no where as far as you Aya. I just recently beat the main story line and have started on the BR section. Just not enough freetime to sit down and beat the dang there!
moyism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 17:42   Link #93
gashunum

I'm still desperately searching the game in Singapore but no luck yet...

and no offence to IchiKyo, but I think your post most of the time is "spam"
Old 2006-05-17, 22:31   Link #94
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

My progress so far on getting 14 wins for each character (currently) available in Survival...

Done:
Shiho *
Shizuru *
Yukino *
Mikoto **
Dark Mikoto
Akane
Alyssa-less Miyu
Miyu

* Unlocked their System Voice
** Unlocked Dark Mikoto

8 down, 7 to go...
... Gods, 14 wins ain't easy!

Alyssa-less Miyu has no sub-Childs and was a challenge, but Vortex is a beautiful thing. Vortex, when activated, renders Miyu nearly immune to element-based attacks (all attacks that can be done from the 'X' button.)

Edit-- Survival is a wonderful thing to use to find out there are even more costumes for someone than you originally thought. One of the Miyus has a 5th costume, the nun's outfit she wears in Episode 26. Or it could be one Miyu has a swimsuit, the other dresses like a nun for c4...

Last edited by Aya Reiko; 2006-05-18 at 18:32.
Old 2006-05-17, 23:09   Link #95
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Woah, Haruka is playable?
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 08:08   Link #96
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

http://www.suni.jp/contents/mai_hime...img/haruka.wmv

yes
Old 2006-05-18, 23:53   Link #97
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloodlust Kid
Woah, Haruka is playable?
However, no one has figured out how to unlock her (and Arika) yet.

Hey, moyism. What pictures and movies were unlocked when you finished story mode? I'm wondering if they're the same as the ones I got.

Edit- Nevermind, read below.

Last edited by Aya Reiko; 2006-05-20 at 00:06.
Old 2006-05-19, 23:04   Link #98
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

New secret discovered.

After finishing story mode once, play it again. The story will have changed as new parts are added (such as a Midori vs. Fumi fight after the Nao/Natsuki fight).
Edit... heh heh... Instead of a Yukino/Shizuru fight, it's Haruka/Shizuru! Unfortunately, it's a fight where you are intended to lose. Anyway, her "Child" is her throwing her arm-band.

Unlocking Arika.
Play story mode twice.
Arika does not have a Child, instead she dances around, draining the opponents HiME gage to zero.
(Note: You cannot play as Arika in BR.)

Unlocking Haruka
Beat Dark Mikoto in BR while playing as Yukino.
Win 14 matches in Survival while playing as Yukino.
Play as Yukino six times in Free Battle.
(Note: You cannot play as Haruka in BR.)

Unlocking the swimsuits
Play as or against a certain character 6 times in Free Battle mode.

And for some reason, when I unlocked Haruka, I also unlock "Super-Duran" Natsuki also.

This is what tipped me off on how to unlock Arika and Haruka.
Top half is for Bakuretsu?!, lower half is for Senretsu!!

Front page of above site.

Last edited by Aya Reiko; 2006-05-21 at 17:31.
Old 2006-05-29, 17:47   Link #99
gashunum

Anyway how do you play battle royal?
I mean, what are the four parameters used when you use subchild and what are their specialities (I only know that gakutenou maxed up your hime gauge initially)? And could you use akira's ability like smoke bomb etc?

And any other tips for battling, I seems to get beaten a lot...
I love shizuru, she can drag opponent near her and then slash them XD

Last edited by gashunum; 2006-05-29 at 19:04.
Old 2006-05-29, 22:32   Link #100
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashunum
Anyway how do you play battle royal?
I mean, what are the four parameters used when you use subchild and what are their specialities (I only know that gakutenou maxed up your hime gauge initially)? And could you use akira's ability like smoke bomb etc?

And any other tips for battling, I seems to get beaten a lot...
I love shizuru, she can drag opponent near her and then slash them XD
Only ones I know are Gakten O, Kiyohime, and Miroku (Child). Gakten O and Kiyohime share the same ability of starting with the HiME gauge at max. Miroku (Child) continuously increases your HiME gauge level (but Miroku (Child) is only usable for 'Free Battle' and 'Survival'). The rest I don't know about.

Battle Royal strategies I use--

Home in on known agressive characters like Midori. Taking out that kind of characters makes it easier to get enough wins to snag the puzzle piece.

Most of BR mode isn't that difficult except Dark Mikoto. My tactic is whenever you have you gauge at full, use the skill boost (Triangle). Even if it isn't 'Shot' or 'Attack' all skill boosts will make your attacks a little stronger and will always cause chip damage if Mikoto blocks.
Playing agressively against Dark Mikoto will get you killed fast and, whatever you do, do not stay close to her. Dark Mikoto can charge her move extraordinarily fast, and all elemental moves (any move done with the X button) launched at full charge are unblockable. Because of that, she will annihilate you fast if you stay close to her. Instead, keep your distance, keep charging your own elemental attacl, and wait for her to charge at you. When she does that, use your best short range attack (Mai's vertical flame wall, Shiho's shockwave, etc.). She should go down eventually.
However, for Yukino, instead of waiting for her to charge at you, constantly cheese the medium or long range tendril attacks. If she does charge at you, lob the short tendril attack. Her reflect "attack" is useless against Mikoto as Mikoto has no moves that Yukino can reflect.

Last edited by Aya Reiko; 2006-05-29 at 22:58.