AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 152 75.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 17.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 3.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.99%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-21, 21:21   Link #181
rei_lied

What a great Sheryl come back! And by the looks of the next episode, she's going to sing again.

Ranka was so pathetic in this episode. She really deserves that slap.
Old 2008-08-21, 21:23   Link #182
ReddyRedWolf

One way I see Mikhail surviving is that if SMS, NUNS or Brera's VF-27 is equiped with one of the anti-vacuum ejection bubbles used by the Galaxy Patrol.

That's how Basara survived Whale singing.
Old 2008-08-21, 21:49   Link #183
Haninozuka

What do you think happens in this teaser shot for next episode?

If it's what it implies about making Ranka happy...it definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth. ><
Old 2008-08-21, 21:53   Link #184
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haninozuka View Post

If it's what it implies about making Ranka happy...it definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth. ><
Same with me, only I'll just end up barfing instead though....
Old 2008-08-21, 21:58   Link #185
Sports72Xtrm

Spoiler for Macross hates the couples I like:
Old 2008-08-21, 22:00   Link #186
Deryns

Not the Michel/Klan ending I was hoping for. Why, why could they not kill off the useless secondary characters?
Old 2008-08-21, 22:02   Link #187
Danish78
Thread Lurker

It must suck to be a Destroid pilot, I mean even the VF-171 pilots had their ass-kicking day. I hope the Destroids do more than just blowing up next episodes. BTW- how come bullets/ESA/ECA munitions are working again?
Old 2008-08-21, 22:10   Link #188
SymphonicRain

The evolution of immunity against weapons I suspect only works for those hatched in the next batch of generation of Vajras.

So it could be plausible that the vajras destroyed were part of an older generation that has yet to gain immunity.
Old 2008-08-21, 22:12   Link #189
Tabris

Yeah, I was thinking that too.

Maybe they got some more samples from the last batch of Vajra and developed new munitions off screen? Whatever, I doubt we'll be getting answers, so best to let it go.
Old 2008-08-21, 22:19   Link #190
Danish78
Thread Lurker

Erm... Ok I guess. Thanks! Still, hope the Destroid pilot mess hall stops serving steak and pineapple salad from now on.
Old 2008-08-21, 22:37   Link #191
MaiHikari

Quote:

Alto folds a plane in tribute to Mikhail and Ranka looks at him dreamily (again).

Finally watched the episode. I must say Klan is pure awesomeness. She challenges Mikhail to face his heart seriously:

Spoiler for Klan/Mikhail awesomeness:

I cried as Sheryl sang her song in the background.

More on Ranka scene:

Spoiler for Ranka:

to be continued with more Sheryl awesomeness. Must go to dinner.

But yes. I cried in this episode. My heart breaks for Klan & Mikhail.

Last edited by MaiHikari; 2008-08-21 at 23:35.
Old 2008-08-21, 22:39   Link #192
Ayumi08
Neko Lover

This episode gets a perfect 10 from me cos Michel's death makes me sob even though I saw it coming. It's still sad. Poor Klan. I don't know what to think of Ranka anymore...she just goes down so low in this episode. It sucks to be her. Sheryl gets her chance to shine again and Diamond Crevasse is such a fitting song with all the drama that's going on.
Old 2008-08-21, 23:34   Link #193
MaiHikari

...continued for Sheryl

Spoiler for Sheryl's power:

*tears*

Edit: May'n archipela is absolutely beautiful. Many can sing to music and electronic edits, but few singers can acheive a perfect archipela.

Last edited by MaiHikari; 2008-08-21 at 23:46.
Old 2008-08-21, 23:42   Link #194
Deryns

I monitored this forum all day while at work and you guys hyped this episode so much when I got home I looked for a speedsubbed version. When I couldn't find one I used monir's guide watched it raw.(You guys are a bad influence.) 10 out of 10.
Old 2008-08-21, 23:52   Link #195
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish78 View Post
<Sigh> I really envy you guys for getting to see episode 20 live/raw, all I have at home is a dial-up so I'm stuck with just lurking here and reading spoilers
Well, enough of my moping lest I become more like Ranka hehe. Anyway, anybody with a raw yet? If so will somebody please make a gif of the Sheryl bitch slap on Ranka. That would be awesome! R.I.P. Michael Blanc T'was nice knowing you and hope you get avenged next episode.
Found this at the Macross World Forums.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-22, 00:09   Link #196
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Omg nuuu this episode another fckin tear jerker x.x there better be no more friggen deaths to much death goin on in the anime world atm why not nanase one of my favorite character. Plus Danish check veoh for the raw macross frontier 20 should be first on list. 9/10 episode for good anime line as usual x.x
Old 2008-08-22, 00:09   Link #197
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
I bet the Ranka shippers will be seething about "how dare that bitch Sheryl slap our beloved Ranka?!" and they'll try to justify her selfish self-absorption by saying that it's because her love for Alto is "pure and she had been betrayed, so how can you blame her for being emotional?".

And of course they'll ignore or misinterpret things to say that Alto choose to accompany Ranka during this episode rather than go with Sheryl and that Alto x Ranka being together in the end will be the key to humanity's survival against the Vajra.

(excuse me while I get a barf bag)
Actually it's more "Wow, great job Ranka-haters! You hate a human for being....human!"

Characters like Lelouch Lamperouge intentionally blow up kids and other unarmed people out of simple rage and blind vengeance and get a pass from the anime fandom. Ranka inadvertently and accidentally sets the Vajra on a rampage and gets to "Burn in Hell!"

Yeah. That's fair. And please don't try and excuse Lelouch by saying "He's fighting for people" or something like that. He was killing those people to satisfy his own anger over Shirely's death, period. Otherwise he would've simply captured and used the facility for himself, like he had originally planned.

And it's actually the Sheryll fans/Ranka haters who are filling the threads with posts of ranting and whining and raging against her. I've seen a handful of people defending Ranka so far, while well over half of the forums I read are out for her head. So yeah. The "Ranka-shippers" are really seething. So what does that make the haters?

Excuse me while I get myself and my friends here a couple buckets for our barf.
Old 2008-08-22, 00:15   Link #198
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Actually it's more "Wow, great job Ranka-haters! You hate a human for being....human!"

Characters like Lelouch Lamperouge intentionally blow up kids and other unarmed people out of simple rage and blind vengeance and get a pass from the anime fandom. Ranka inadvertently and accidentally sets the Vajra on a rampage and gets to "Burn in Hell!"

Yeah. That's fair. And please don't try and excuse Lelouch by saying "He's fighting for people" or something like that. He was killing those people to satisfy his own anger over Shirely's death, period. Otherwise he would've simply captured and used the facility for himself, like he had originally planned.

And it's actually the Sheryll fans/Ranka haters who are ranting and whining and raging against her. I've seen a handful of people defending Ranka so far, while well over half of the forums I read are out for her head. So yeah. The "Ranka-shippers" are really seething. So what does that make the haters?

I dont like both ranka and lelouch.. in fact i kinda like suzaku and other cast of geass *run from suzaku hater

im getting a barf plastic too right now
Old 2008-08-22, 00:30   Link #199
MaiHikari

Quote:
Can't compare apples to oranges. Different Anime, different situation, different context.

Lulu is a leader of many and must make decisions, right or wrong. Never said he is without sins and neither did he. Most things are out of his control, but he always take the situation and deals with it. For good or bad, his character also grows with each decision.

Ranka can do something, but instead runs away from it, and even at the end of this ep, she still doesn't get it. What? Alto hugs Sheryl and now she wants to die? So it's the end of the world for her and everyone else too? Her slow growth has been a sorce of annoyance all along and it's the final draw when it costed us a favored supporting male character.

Quote:
And it's actually the Sheryll fans/Ranka haters who are filling the threads with posts of ranting and whining and raging against her. I've seen a handful of people defending Ranka so far, while well over half of the forums I read are out for her head. So yeah. The "Ranka-shippers" are really seething. So what does that make the haters?

Have you got an actual arguement to defend Ranka or is the threat of barf it? There are probably more here for you then.
Old 2008-08-22, 00:33   Link #200
Teletha

Quote:
No, we dislike a character for continuing to regress and to cling to other people and her own warped assumptions instead of standing up for herself, as her own person and just growing the hell up already. I know "it's coming", but it's been 20 episodes.

Quote:

Why even bring up Lelouch? Can't you find a more comparable character? Different fandoms, different people, different expectations.

Quote:

I think even the most ardent Ranka fan realize she needs to do something different and she needs to change how she is acting. I think shit just got real here, with the death of Michael. You are finding nearly no defense of her because how she acted was pretty indefensible in many people's eyes. You are welcome to try though.
Closed Thread