AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 26 18.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 25.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 17.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 8.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 5.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 6.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 4.32%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-28, 19:23   Link #121
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
god K.K was awesome when she was wearing and using valkyrie weapons.
I think thats epic win of the episode right there. Upon rewatching it and my pretty good knowledge of japanese, i think the episode still stands as a 8/10, it wasnt that bad or contrived, i felt like i felt pretty legitimate, and not bad. I think the episode wouldve been much better however, if it was more michael reflection centric, it seemed like asside from K.K and alto a bit, everyone else forgot it happened, which is bad, i think a K.K reaction from everyone wouldve been more appropriate, considering well....michel was alto and Luca's wingman and best bud, something akin to Dai gurren in reaction to Kamina's death or the Gundam squad in reacton to lockon.

(sorry for typos is 3:30 am, tired.)
Old 2008-08-28, 19:28   Link #122
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I have just seen this episode, and I saw a few worthy highlights. Ranka showed a lot of character development this time around, and certainly made a huge decision. I won't deny that.

It is no longer a secret by now that Ranka has a crush on Alto. Nonetheless, the only person who understood her and willing to protect her at the moment was Berera. He told her that she need not to sing, because those were not from her heart. Thus she refused to sing during the Funeral.

Unfortunately, although she confessed to Alto at the end, the confession was a hallow one. A confession takes both parties to agree before it can be considered concrete (so if ya shippers think this is it, think again!). Moreover, Alto really knows next to nothing about Ranka and vise versa. She finally broke the silence today and asked Alto why he loved the sky so much (which Alto replied stating it was mainly from watching his bed-ridden mother that gave him the inspiration), which is a good thing, but she had prior chances before this one. Finally she is opening up, but perhaps a little too late.

Nonetheless, I had to nitpick. Ranka looks younger after every successive episode. In this one, Alto picked her up as if she was a child. If the writers wanted to convince me of a Ranka x Alto end, then this image proved to be an immense disservice.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2008-08-28 at 19:51.
Old 2008-08-28, 19:34   Link #123
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

in regards to drawing ranka

theyve been super consistent with everyone else, they should just draw her like the Lion Op and call it a day, she looks the age in the op. as for her confession, eh, i think in a way, K.K's to Michael kind of forced her to be "its now or never, i dont live forever" mode to get it out of her system, but shallow indeed (and yes that was an almost complete bon jovi ripoff, dont shoot me plz)

hurries to make a AMV with Michael and Its My life....Dont worry my SEB Lion is coming.
Old 2008-08-28, 19:58   Link #124
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Anyone else kinda worried that Ranka's going to get Kerrigan'd towards the end? I mean, why ELSE show the 'Force' mode that Brera has, if it won't eventually be used?
Old 2008-08-28, 20:01   Link #125
Lostdreams

Ok, like 2 seconds of Sheryl in this ep. 1/10
Either way, after this episode I'm 90% sure that 1 more person is gonna die.
Old 2008-08-28, 20:01   Link #126
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

I think the only question regarding ranka and kerrigan is if she turns into a full fledged vajra queen or a hybrid, money is on the full queen as a hybrid would require kawamori padding blizzard's warchest XD

ranka shippers can burn me in hell, ill be waiting for you guys there XD
Old 2008-08-28, 20:26   Link #127
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

At least Kerrigan could make being the Queen look hot.

However this is Macross. No way to tell just how it will end.
Old 2008-08-28, 20:40   Link #128
solothurn
銀河妖精親衛隊・隊長

Reading through the thread, I guess my previous question about ep. 22 got answered eventually. Frankly, I do hope that the triangle gets a hint of resolution soon. Watching this drag on for more episodes will get more frustrating (and annoying) for all parties.

I'm guessing Alto, at this point, would still be probably confused by his own feelings regarding the two, so using his behavior as a sign might be a moot point.
Old 2008-08-28, 20:45   Link #129
Black Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
I think the only question regarding ranka and kerrigan is if she turns into a full fledged vajra queen or a hybrid, money is on the full queen as a hybrid would require kawamori padding blizzard's warchest XD

ranka shippers can burn me in hell, ill be waiting for you guys there XD
lolz no thank you i wouldn't want to go there lolz
but you know i wouldn't have minded much if ranka's past and origins wasn't the one we knew, i for one am pretty sure that she's mao nome's daughter also ranka hasn't gone throw the growth stage of a vajra which Ai-kun had. * who's this kerrigan?*

as for the part of the confession of K.K i'll have to disagree with you i kinda found it out of place for her to confess in that moment.
Old 2008-08-28, 20:52   Link #130
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye View Post
as for the part of the confession of K.K i'll have to disagree with you i kinda found it out of place for her to confess in that moment.
True. Brera also didn't help. XD
Old 2008-08-28, 21:12   Link #131
Black Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
True. Brera also didn't help. XD
brera??? i was talking about the confession of klan klan to michel.....not the ranka one, i haven't seen episode 21 yet just saw some screenshots and read some points of what happened. maybe i would find the confession of ranka out of place also but i wouldn't talk about until i see the epiosde with subs.
Old 2008-08-28, 21:17   Link #132
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

She's Ranshe Mei's daughter apparently, Black Eye, not Mao Nome's. Mind you, holding a knife to someone's throat as you confess love is an... odd way of doing things. At least Max disarmed Millia when he confessed. Of course, with Alto's hate-on for Vajra it was unavoidable. I don't think he'll react well to the idea of Ranka going to join them (as he may see it) by returning Ai-kun to the rest of them... not after they killed Mikhail, hundreds if not thousands in the Macross Frontier fleet, killed the whole Galaxy fleet as far as he knows, along with everyone in the 117th Research Fleet.

This may well kill any feelings he has towards her, by doing it the way she did (said she was going with Brera to return Ai-kun while having him hold a knife to his throat, and dumping the guilt-trip).
Old 2008-08-28, 21:40   Link #133
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I don't know what came across Ranka's mind in this episode, but when I saw her going with the Vajra... believe me, I had a bag full of bad language which I usually use only in a football/hockey match towards refs and opponents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I have just seen this episode, and I saw a few worthy highlights. Ranka showed a lot of character development this time around, and certainly made a huge decision. I won't deny that.
If she asks for her own blood to be spilled, she did just that.

Quote:
Unfortunately, although she confessed to Alto at the end, the confession was a hallow one. A confession takes both parties to agree before it can be considered concrete (so if ya shippers think this is it, think again!). Moreover, Alto really knows next to nothing about Ranka and vise versa. She finally broke the silence today and asked Alto why he loved the sky so much (which Alto replied stating it was mainly from watching his bed-ridden mother that gave him the inspiration), which is a good thing, but she had prior chances before this one. Finally she is opening up, but perhaps a little too late.
IMO, I really wished Alto could tell her to go in hell after what she dared doing: confessing her love, protect an animal belonging to a race of killers, and ask to join the ones who killed his friends... ALL AT THE SAME TIME. How can anybody be even more obtuse to try asking that with such a poor timing, right after the world of Frontier was collapsing from everywhere.

Quote:
Nonetheless, I had to nitpick. Ranka looks younger after every successive episode. In this one, Alto picked her up as if she was a child. If the writers wanted to convince me of a Ranka x Alto end, then this image proved to be an immense disservice.

- Tak
If they try to sell me the idea of Alto x Ranka after that episode, they are going all wrong. Childish attitude, childish look, rash decisions, etc.... need I say more to add insult to injury? I already hated Minmay in the past, but Ranka is doing far worse than how Minmay was doing 25 years ago.

As I said somewhere, don't expect me to be kind towards Ranka any longer after that episode.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2008-08-28 at 22:01.
Old 2008-08-28, 21:50   Link #134
SymphonicRain

Funnily. I realised the actual full grown Vajra Queen looks like Neue Ziel while the smaller one are already popularly known as Big Zam.

Gundam tributes?
Old 2008-08-28, 21:51   Link #135
Black Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
She's Ranshe Mei's daughter apparently, Black Eye, not Mao Nome's. Mind you, holding a knife to someone's throat as you confess love is an... odd way of doing things. At least Max disarmed Millia when he confessed. Of course, with Alto's hate-on for Vajra it was unavoidable. I don't think he'll react well to the idea of Ranka going to join them (as he may see it) by returning Ai-kun to the rest of them... not after they killed Mikhail, hundreds if not thousands in the Macross Frontier fleet, killed the whole Galaxy fleet as far as he knows, along with everyone in the 117th Research Fleet.

This may well kill any feelings he has towards her, by doing it the way she did (said she was going with Brera to return Ai-kun while having him hold a knife to his throat, and dumping the guilt-trip).
lolz thanks for pointing that out i didn't know that she's not mao's daughter
yeah i agree with your post he might hate her now, the way you pointed it out is a good reason for him to hate everyone who sides with the vajira.

i haven't seen the first macross series just saw the movie but i kinda liked Max&Millia moment and i would have loved to see the confession lolz
Old 2008-08-28, 21:54   Link #136
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye View Post
brera??? i was talking about the confession of klan klan to michel.....not the ranka one, i haven't seen episode 21 yet just saw some screenshots and read some points of what happened. maybe i would find the confession of ranka out of place also but i wouldn't talk about until i see the epiosde with subs.
Gah, sorry my eyes failed me. XD

I didn't think her confession was out of place. It added a nice touch before the demise of you-know-who.
Old 2008-08-28, 21:59   Link #137
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
I didn't think her confession was out of place. It added a nice touch before the demise of you-know-who.
I didn't think it was either... I mean when else better to confess than when...

1) You don't know if you'll make it out alive.
2) You don't know if you'll ever meet your loved one again.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-08-28, 22:02   Link #138
Black Eye

Quote:
Gah, sorry my eyes failed me. XD

it's ok everyone makes mistake

yeah i think that it was made for that reason too, i liked the way they did it on michel's part but her well ..... for me it wasn't in the right place, i didn't feel that it had a romantic aura that i wished it had.
Old 2008-08-28, 22:59   Link #139
musouka

Hmm, not a single mention of where Sheryl was during the last scene with Azure Ether playing?
Old 2008-08-28, 23:16   Link #140
Key Board
Carbon

Unless I am mistaken she is currently freeloading at the Saotome residence XD
Closed Thread