AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-14, 12:23   Link #941
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

More character character blurbs for PASH:

Akira boarded the Valvrave to help Shoko, but it's actually the first time she felt compelled to help someone and act on it like this. This is a new journey for her. From now on she will interact with not just Shoko but also observe other students as well.

Satomi knows the reason why Akira became a shut-in so even now he is very worried about her. Satomi watches over Akira from far with anxiety. He's confused over what action to take. It would be nice if he could show her his older brother side.

Marie, Yusuke and Takahi's screentime will not change much. But Marie will be involved with Akira.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-09-14, 12:42   Link #942
Fjoergyn

Akira starts to like me a lot, is the most complex character of the secondary characters
Old 2013-09-14, 13:30   Link #943
Frontier

Is she really a secondary character anymore, considering how she's a Valvrave pilot now?
Old 2013-09-14, 13:32   Link #944
Destined_Fate

She's a Main Character now!

Shoko should throw her a party and invite all the pilots.

Maybe have Thunder awkwardly hit on her before Satomi steps in.
Old 2013-09-14, 13:41   Link #945
Fjoergyn

Akira is a very interesting and perhaps enter the main cast, but I doubt that she and the other two are to be developed really, the story always revolved around the main we already know who they are.
Old 2013-09-14, 13:44   Link #946
gordol
Banned

・ハルトの噛みつきは相手からルーンを補給しようとしている。発作はルーンの欠乏が原因。
・ドルシアでは王族派はたくさんいるので、アマデウスは反発を買わないために王族の粛清までは していない。
・ハルトたちは再生できないほどのダメージを食らうと死ぬ。例えばヴァルヴレイヴに乗ったまま機体が爆発す るなど。

Haruto bites people to replenish Rune from his victims. Whenever he is low on Rune he becomes like this. (nothing said about rape. sorry)

There are many Noble factions in Dorsia. To prevent an all out rebellion, Amadeus didn't purge all of them. ( Is this where the King's faction comes from? )

If Haruto and the other Kamitsuki receive a huge damage that they can not recover from, they will die. An example would be being blown up along with your Valvrave. (flag?)
Old 2013-09-14, 13:47   Link #947
Destined_Fate

May be a Flag. Valvrave dead = Pilot dead!

Wonder who could suffer that fate... I mean Thunder would be the safe choice but who knows?

The preview with the damage green Valvrave at least makes me believe Saki was knocked out(though why did the rear have to look like it was.... Yeah. Poor Saki.) and taken prisoner later.
Old 2013-09-14, 14:02   Link #948
queenSwild

Although I'm sad that Yusuke, Takahi, and Marie (well, Marie will probably get more screen time than the others because of her Akira interactions) will probably not get any screen time, I'm happy about Akira! I can't wait to see her develop throughout the second season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post

There are many Noble factions in Dorsia. To prevent an all out rebellion, Amadeus didn't purge all of them. ( Is this where the King's faction comes from? )

If Haruto and the other Kamitsuki receive a huge damage that they can not recover from, they will die. An example would be being blown up along with your Valvrave. (flag?)
I wonder if these Noble factions will become the first real supporters of New Jior. They keep getting brought up so they must be around for a reason.

And that just raised a huge death flag for the Valvrave pilots. But they need to make their name as the Golden Seven first so I can only see them dying at the end.
Old 2013-09-14, 14:05   Link #949
iCK

I said that VVV thing back in june...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...61#post4723761
Old 2013-09-14, 14:26   Link #950
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:

Haruto bites people to replenish Rune from his victims. Whenever he is low on Rune he becomes like this. (nothing said about rape. sorry)

Do the victims suffer any negative side effects from having their Rune absorbed?
Old 2013-09-14, 14:37   Link #951
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The preview with the damage green Valvrave at least makes me believe Saki was knocked out(though why did the rear have to look like it was.... Yeah. Poor Saki.) and taken prisoner later.
That make sense, after all we did hear Saki's voice asking Haruto for help in preview.
Old 2013-09-14, 15:19   Link #952
Frontier

Quote:

So OS-Tan isn't the source Haruto's episodes... I guess the other Valvrave pilots lucked out by getting a Mirror RAVE engine. So Rune is something that inhabits all humans?

Good to get confirmation that the Valvrave pilots aren't as immortal as they think they are. Though they probably won't fully realize it until one of them finally kicks the bucket.
Old 2013-09-14, 15:50   Link #953
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

So basically when you're low on rune, sex replenishes your supply?

So exactly why does Haruto get the 'episodes' & the others have yet to be affected?
I know VVV I & VVV II have their own original rave engines & VVV III-VI have an imitation of rave 1 with limitations set. But shouldn't the other pilots at least be affected at one point?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-09-14, 15:58   Link #954
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
So basically when you're low on rune, sex replenishes your supply?
Nothing about that was mentioned by anyone yet. With that said debates are still up in the air.
Quote:
Marie, Yusuke and Takahi's screentime will not change much. But Marie will be involved with Akira.
Why even have the first two around at this poi- Meh.
Old 2013-09-14, 16:02   Link #955
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Nothing about that was mentioned by anyone yet. With that said debates are still up in the air.
Fair point, Haruto doesn't only attack girls, he also tried to attack L-Elf. So maybe rune restock isn't necessarily sex. If it is, then that would've been some fanservice for the yaoi fans...lol

However, sex was the only method used to restore rune shown in season 1. It's all we have to work with at this point. Also, to be fair, that was the only restock in the entire season. So we can't rule out that there may be other methods at recharging.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-09-14, 16:05   Link #956
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I think one of the translations for that recent fan book that was released mentioned that Valvrave pilots only need skin contact with their teeth, not actual piercing the skin. Then again it was from /a/ so for all I know it could be a troll translation. Did anyone encounter similar translations to that or anything?
Old 2013-09-14, 16:12   Link #957
iCK

My guess on "restocking"

They are replenished via taking over their nerve cells. As you can tell the VVV symbol covers over the cells when they hijack each other.

@mangakid
The reason the others don't suffer from it is because they don't have an actual VVV entity, like Haruto and Cain.
Old 2013-09-14, 16:20   Link #958
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
My guess on "restocking"

They are replenished via taking over their nerve cells. As you can tell the VVV symbol covers over the cells when they hijack each other.
This makes sense, but it still doesn't explain Haruto's little scene in episode 10 though. Maybe it was just fanservice or for dramatic purposes? (No bite was made)

Quote:
@mangakid
The reason the others don't suffer from it is because they don't have an actual VVV entity, like Haruto and Cain.
Fair point, Pino does appear to be linked to Haruto, due to her reacting to certain situations he's been placed in (Her reaction to the sex, even though it's impossible for her to be physically present). Cain's entity was dormant for the entire season though. So maybe he'll be experiencing urges in season 2 now that Prue is active again?
Old 2013-09-14, 18:22   Link #959
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
This makes sense, but it still doesn't explain Haruto's little scene in episode 10 though. Maybe it was just fanservice or for dramatic purposes? (No bite was made)

Fair point, Pino does appear to be linked to Haruto, due to her reacting to certain situations he's been placed in (Her reaction to the sex, even though it's impossible for her to be physically present). Cain's entity was dormant for the entire season though. So maybe he'll be experiencing urges in season 2 now that Prue is active again?
Biting was probably involved behind the scenes. In ep 10, the scene actually ended on her accepting it and constant movments and then skipped over to the end of Shoko's speech. We are then showed a fully naked Haruto and Saki barely covered in clothing. Haruto covered in his rip white button up and Saki covered with his jacket.

Which can be taken for symbolism, as Haruto is torn up inside, while Saki is given Haruto's love, at the same time she is jealous of Shoko. (This goes for the 2nd season and not just that little scene.
Old 2013-09-15, 06:01   Link #960
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Cain's entity was dormant for the entire season though. So maybe he'll be experiencing urges in season 2 now that Prue is active again?
That rhetorical question just shot me. So Cain might also be seen fang-raping anybody.