AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Romance is in the air. Multiple selection available!
Layfon x Felli 148 58.96%
Layfon x Nina 84 33.47%
Layfon x Leerin 103 41.04%
Layfon x Gorneo aka --LayGor-- 12 4.78%
Layfon x Mei 43 17.13%
Layfon x Naruki 33 13.15%
Savaris x Layfon x Dixerio 12 4.78%
Dein Dee x Dalshena 7 2.79%
Dein Dee x Nina 2 0.80%
Harley x Nina 11 4.38%
Layfon x Kallian 5 1.99%
Felli x Shante 15 5.98%
Layfon x Other 11 4.38%
Other x Other 20 7.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-05, 11:19   Link #241
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin
I have my own predictions on how everyone's luck will end up with Layfon, but I don't dare to say them here.
I can say proudly that I predict Layfon will end up with Felli because they're in the same and are meant to each other. After all it's just speculation (which I hope to happen) so no need to hold back.

*hides from Leerin and Nina fans*
Old 2009-03-05, 14:07   Link #242
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
They're the same? I found a bunch of things that not...(let's start with that Fon-fon is selfless...while Felli...erm not.). I can say that Nina and Layfon is the same in some aspects as him and Felli. In case of Felli they share the same fate(born to be great talents and have no choice what to do) and with Nina the will to protect
While Felli was the Mysterious Girlfriend X , i mean "Mysterious Girl". So far Nina much more of a surprise for him. Perhaps it could change. Not to mention that Layfon hardly interested in girls for now(so the girls must be somewhat agressive to get him).
A little list about howe Layfon treats the female characters:
-Felli: friend and "soulmate"(not exactly...but they share a somewhat same fate)
-Meishen,Narki,Mifi:friends, admire them because they have a dream.
-Nina:friend, captain(protects her lalmost like formerly the queen of Grendan), "emotional support"(kinda...while he didn't asked her)
-Leerin:childhood friend, kinda like sister, emotional support
An interesting thing that Nina indirectly(trough Layfon) inspires Felli to fight.
Old 2009-03-05, 14:21   Link #243
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I don't really see much "breaking" of standard story elements so far in Regios. It's a shonen fighting story, I wouldn't ever really expect much. The Japanese aren't known for breaking what works

Felli is probably the one thats most complex and rare for this type of show, actually. And calling her a "cold loli" is doing her a disservice IMHO. Much like people who call Eureka a "Rei clone" in E7 without actually watching past the first couple episodes. Not to mention she isn't loli ... ?? I'd call her ... socially and emotionally maladjusted atm

Yeah, I agree. Better to not call her a loli--

I can't remember the last time a loli "won" in a harem, much less in a shounen series.
Old 2009-03-05, 14:35   Link #244
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
They're the same? I found a bunch of things that not...(let's start with that Fon-fon is selfless...while Felli...erm not.).
Well, look at her brother though... she's grown up expecting there to always be an "angle" to what everyone wants or does. It's taken being with Layfon to find other reasons to fight and learn that not everyone is an asshole like her brother And apparently Layfon used to only care about money before and changed... (yes I'm aware theres apparently more to it than that)
Old 2009-03-05, 17:29   Link #245
honeypie_0106

What disservice to Felli?

Let us start with the word cold - does she display the usual emotions? Nope. she barely reacts and says her true feelings.

And according to Oxford "cold" means -
•lacking affection or warmth of feeling; unemotional : how cold and calculating he was | cold black eyes | cold politeness.
•sexually unresponsive; frigid.
•depressing or dispiriting; not suggestive of warmth
•(of a color) containing pale blue or gray. -

Now, on to the word "loli"
. - derived from the word lolita which literally means - a sexually precocious young girl...

Is she not a young girl? She's clearly below 18.

Thus, Felli is a "cold loli".
Old 2009-03-05, 18:32   Link #246
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
I can say proudly that I predict Layfon will end up with Felli because they're in the same and are meant to each other. After all it's just speculation (which I hope to happen) so no need to hold back.

*hides from Leerin and Nina fans*
RAWR!!! *Attaches fake sharp monster teeth. Now who should I bite first?

Anyway, I thought Leerin this episode was rather cute. Felli was rather awesome though. Monkey!! Chante really is some wild monkey. Even her moves is represent her hothead stupidity and craziness. I mean, a gigantic fireball that looks like her head and it's fiery.
Old 2009-03-05, 18:43   Link #247
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey_pie0106
Now, on to the word "loli". - derived from the word lolita which literally means – a sexually precocious young girl...

Hmm…. Layfon’s 15 or 16,

- Leerin’s at Layfon’s age or a bit older (15 -17), fits the ‘young’ part.

- she has with a nice figure that manage to drew the queen being all lesbian to her, fits ‘sexually precocious/smart’ part.

Thus, Leerin is also a ‘loli’.

But so far it seems like she’s warm hearted, so I say that she’s a ‘warm loli’.

We have a ‘cold loli’ and a ‘warm loli’ digging for Fon-fon.

And the ‘young’ angle is also depends on of each respective countries. For some countries it would also depend on the jurisdictions of each of its states. In Japan the legal consent age to marry for females is…..16? >.>
Old 2009-03-05, 18:47   Link #248
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie_0106 View Post

Now, on to the word "loli"
. - derived from the word lolita which literally means - a sexually precocious young girl...

Uh, she might be below 18, but in some certain regions Layfon's age is more than legit.

The reason people might think she's a loli is because of her stature. But even with that I personally think she's way more... uh, developed than the typical loli. In other words... IMO, she's not even close to being a loli. She's just... short. Yea.
Old 2009-03-05, 23:42   Link #249
TrueKnight

Well based on a pic posted by Tjaard in the Felli thread, the official age of Fon-fon and each female character are as follows:

- 15 years: Fon-fon, Leerin, Mei, Narki and Mifi;
- 17 years : Felli;
- 18 years : Nina;
- 19 years: Shinola or the queen (lol?).

So Layfon’s hare…. er love interests consists of lolis and elder women, man the guy’s a stud.
Old 2009-03-06, 00:28   Link #250
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Still, Felli IMO is just short... other than that she's too developed to fit the criteria of a loli in my thoughts. Her outfit suggests so to me.

Quote:
So Layfon’s hare…. er love interests consists of lolis and elder women, man the guy’s a stud.
He's a stud from the very beginning... and doesn't seem to be pleased with it.
Old 2009-03-06, 00:30   Link #251
JediNight
キズランダム

In the context of anime though, loli generally means girls that are flat-chested and/or look like they are say 12 or younger.

Technically almost every girl in the show is a "loli" by the technical definition, but you wouldn't hear anyone actually calling Naruki a loli for instance.
Old 2009-03-06, 02:10   Link #252
Voitan

Felli doesn't act like a bubbly energetic kid, so already I don't associate her with the label Loli.

As it's been said by myself and others, I just think she's a little short and not at all that abnormal for a girl her age.

Also, older than Layfon.
Old 2009-03-06, 04:13   Link #253
boss
I am boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
- 19 years: Shinola or the queen (lol?).
Same age group as Sharnid, now if these two hook up...
Old 2009-03-06, 04:24   Link #254
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

It's just the age she lied to Leerin...in practicular she's muich older(but thanks to her Kei it's not visible...she can look as young as she wants.)
And another problem with the Sharnid X Queen pairing: the Queen is not interested in weaklings

And aboutz the loli question: even iof all of the girls in some (mad) sense considered lolis Layfon can't be a lolicon because he underage too!
Old 2009-03-06, 04:39   Link #255
TrueKnight

I posted my own very definition of 'loli' back in the CSR generic thread around a month ago and finally manage to find it.

Yay for stupidity.

Quote:
That's rather a broad statement. If you bother reading carefully a page back, we tried to define what 'loli' actually is. So far we have three perspectives, which are (i) age; (ii) appearance; and (iii) character (personality?).

Ultimately it depends on opinion for what your definition of loli is.

For me, I consider Feli as loli judged on appearance (number (ii)). Why? She looked young but actually older. And there are many proof indicating this matter, such as the loli teacher from to aru Index and Evangline from Negima. But this not always the case, because for appearance can also mean or apply or accomodate the age perspective. Example such as Zettai karen children, they look like children, well....because they are in terms of age, hence a loli.

Now if you want to take an age perspective (number (i)) it could also apply. Example such as Kojikan and (again) zettai karen children. But this perspective imo have bit of flaw, because what if a character looked like an adult but actually young in age (12 years old)?

Never tried thinking on point (iii) yet, but I hope you get the picture.

And I'm still wondering why I'm stupid enough to write, or even think, all of this.
Old 2009-03-06, 05:24   Link #256
boss
I am boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
It's just the age she lied to Leerin...
Anyone who follows the series knows this.
Old 2009-03-06, 05:30   Link #257
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

instead of a cold loli how about a useless abusive loli?
*raises leerinxlayfon flag*
*raises ninaxlayfon flag*
*raises meixlayfon flag*
Old 2009-03-06, 05:47   Link #258
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

I see a rare ocurence here: Somone who hate/not like Felli...
We discussed long time ago why she's the farthest from the girls as being useless.
But if i have to raise some pairing flags then the Leerin and Nina one. Somehow i have problems with the Felli and Fon-fon pairing. Maybe that's that Layfon far from being the same as Saito or Ryuji...he's not the submissive one(he just have the dumb guy image, but actually he's not the submissive one)
Old 2009-03-06, 06:38   Link #259
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Well, i raise always a NinaxLayfon flag but, i think that Felli is the only usefull here lol
Old 2009-03-06, 11:57   Link #260
TrueKnight

In terms combat probably, but in terms of housekeeping? I doubt it. Mei's a clear winner in this field. Felli should learn a thing or two from Fon-fon in this department. Nina? well seems like she also sucks at cooking but splendid on cleaning seeing she's also a janitor lol.
Closed Thread