AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Apocrypha - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 5 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-12-11, 14:15   Link #21
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
first and foremost - an obligatory comment in the animation: this reminds me of a “certain fight” in Naruto Shippuden

....so did Charon ask Achilles to take care of Atalanta? Or did he just do it out of respect for and pride of both being heros?
He just asked him to give them the Kosmos shield, because Karna literally couldn't be beaten without some kind of counter to Vasavi Shakti.
Old 2017-12-12, 11:29   Link #22
HandofFate

Pretty good episode.
Achilles such a bro.
Karna so respectable, gonna call him a fraud lancer for having a happy ending though.
Any fan comics of this where the other lancers boo at him out of bitterness.
Do like his line that explains why so many servants seem to be drawn to Sieg, and its because he's looking strongly to the future and the servants acknowledged they're just ghosts of the past.

Was there any relationship between Atalanta and Achilles in the regular myths?

Also, feels weird how in F/SN and F/Z they make a big deal about servants having only one NP, and having two is really rare.
Then here, it seems like every servant has like 3-4
Old 2017-12-12, 11:39   Link #23
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Well, damn. That was intense. I was actually impressed with Sieg here, he did a damn fine job holding out that well.

But Karna, naturally, stole the spotlight. The power of Saber of Black, the Kosmos shield, Astolfo, and even the sword Sieg borrowed. It took literally everything the series has been using to build Sieg up just to give him half a chance in hell.

Oh, spear won't work? Have laser spears from above. No? Eyebeams galore. Still not enough? Brahmastra bitches. Hmm, needs a tad more, eh?

VASAVI SHAKTI

I really want to see him and Gil go at it.
Don't forget Fran-chan. It's thanks to her that Sieg was able to spam Balmung so many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Pretty good episode.
Achilles such a bro.
Karna so respectable, gonna call him a fraud lancer for having a happy ending though.
Any fan comics of this where the other lancers boo at him out of bitterness.

Was there any relationship between Atalanta and Achilles in the regular myths?

Also, feels weird how in F/SN and F/Z they make a big deal about servants having only one NP, and having two is really rare.
Then here, it seems like every servant has like 3-4
Atalanta and Achilles have no notable relation. Atalanta is old enough to be his aunt. She beat his dad in a wrestling match.

It was never stated that servants could only have one NP.
Old 2017-12-12, 12:48   Link #24
Tormenk

A hero's death has always been a highlight for me in any Fate story, since it tends to encapsulate their life down to the essentials. Karna's and Atlanta's defeat were very well-done imo.

If I had to pick a quality the three Servants of Black each encompass, Karna would be charity. Atlanta is compassion and Achilles is nobility.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-12, 13:05   Link #25
MgMaster

Who hired Michael Bay for most of this ep? Well,personally,this sudden trigger-like animation came just out of the blue and I'd have rather had the standard for a fate series but even with that I still would've prefered Achilles vs Chiron fight compared to Sieg vs Karna, altho that last bit with the shield was cool. Too many flashy big moves & explosions to actually tell what's going on on a more detailed level. This a big reason why I'm not much of a fan of any OP characters, even if they fight an equally OP opponent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post

Well, Achilles ended up died together with Atalanta. R.I.P. Achilles x Atalanta... It would have been... so good together as a couple...
IKR? It's been fun whenever Achilles is on screen. At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing spin-off romance with him & Atalanta

Last edited by MgMaster; 2017-12-12 at 13:20.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-12, 13:44   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's one of those times when I'm not sure if the animation was great or horrible . Just so much going on at points that any semblance of detail was tossed out the window. Although hard to expect them to manage anything else with multiple big fights going on throughout the episode.

Certainly cleared out a lot of the cast. Karna, Achilles, and Atalanta all bite the dust this time. Although I will say it really did give both Karna and Achilles some awesome moments. Made them pretty darn respectable individuals. Probably the biggest props to Achilles. Just appreciated his efforts and desire to pull Atalanta back.

Now to see how things play out. Obviously Sieg is set up to do something stupid since he's burned through those command seals like crazy. Not a lot of firepower left to deal with Assassin. Will see how things go with Jeanne and Shakespeare. Certainly his psychological attacks will be problematic considering what we saw happen to Fran. He can definitely buy time using that noble phantasm.
Old 2017-12-12, 14:08   Link #27
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It's one of those times when I'm not sure if the animation was great or horrible . Just so much going on at points that any semblance of detail was tossed out the window. Although hard to expect them to manage anything else with multiple big fights going on throughout the episode.

Certainly cleared out a lot of the cast. Karna, Achilles, and Atalanta all bite the dust this time. Although I will say it really did give both Karna and Achilles some awesome moments. Made them pretty darn respectable individuals. Probably the biggest props to Achilles. Just appreciated his efforts and desire to pull Atalanta back.

Now to see how things play out. Obviously Sieg is set up to do something stupid since he's burned through those command seals like crazy. Not a lot of firepower left to deal with Assassin. Will see how things go with Jeanne and Shakespeare. Certainly his psychological attacks will be problematic considering what we saw happen to Fran. He can definitely buy time using that noble phantasm.
There's still Mordred.
Old 2017-12-12, 15:36   Link #28
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
There's still Mordred.
Eh, she'll probably get a mutual kill with Semiramis or Shakespeare.
Old 2017-12-12, 18:50   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

By the way, shouldn't Sieg have no seals left? He used one last week and two this week. I don't remember how many Jeanne gave him, but I thought it was two when he had only one left. I guess he still has one though, so I must be misremembering.
Old 2017-12-12, 21:42   Link #30
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
By the way, shouldn't Sieg have no seals left? He used one last week and two this week. I don't remember how many Jeanne gave him, but I thought it was two when he had only one left. I guess he still has one though, so I must be misremembering.
I think he got a refill before this, so he used one last week and another one this week. So now he should have one left.

I guess Sieg had to break the promise later on.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-14, 00:25   Link #31
HandofFate

Quote:
I think he got a refill before this, so he used one last week and another one this week. So now he should have one left.

I guess Sieg had to break the promise later on.
he used all 3 already.
Used one last week.
Used one this week to retransform.
Then used one as a power boost somewhere during the climax.
Old 2017-12-14, 04:54   Link #32
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I never understand the choice to present Atalanta as this children-obsessed hero. To be that obsessed in saving children was never part of her personality in any legend of her. That kinda made the very premise of Fate that these servants are representation of their heroic legends one big bullshit. Did the writer just throw most of Atalanta's traits and make up a new one just so they can make her the sorta-antagonist of the series? If so, why don't he & TM just use other character who are more associated with children?

Quote:
Well, Achilles ended up died together with Atalanta. R.I.P. Achilles x Atalanta... It would have been... so good together as a couple...
Dude, Atalanta is, like, Achilles' aunt. She hung out with Achilles' dad, Peleus, and beat him in a wrestling game. Besides, Atalanta already has her own husbando: Hippomenes. They had a good married life until they f*ck like crazy in Zeus' temple someday and then got turned into lions (and were still together after that).
Old 2017-12-14, 08:57   Link #33
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

But in Naruverse or Fate multi universe... She love children, but can't have her own children due she swearing a vow of chastity...
Seriously, if she really love children so bad, to the point we can call her children-obsessed hero... then she should throw that stupid vow and find husband...
Old 2017-12-14, 11:11   Link #34
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
You guys, I swear... Let me break this up for you.

Nasuverse's Atalanta was left to die as a baby because her father wanted a boy. Then she's raised by Artemis to whom she vowed chastity.

She have had many adventures, included the famous journey with Jason and the Argonauts aka Heroes Dream Team.

Her exploits attracted suitors.

Ultimately she was forced to marry by her father who refused to acknowledge her achievements. Worse, the one who would win her did it with the help of Aphrodite who did so to spite Artemis.

Is it any wonder she sees adults like fcking scheming assholes and that she prefers to be in the company of children?

And lets not conveniently forget that she literally got mindraped by Loli The Ripper's mental world, where she had to confront the abject reality of a dog eat bitch world such as Victorian era London.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-14, 11:23   Link #35
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
But in Naruverse or Fate multi universe... She love children, but can't have her own children due she swearing a vow of chastity...
Seriously, if she really love children so bad, to the point we can call her children-obsessed hero... then she should throw that stupid vow and find husband...
Yeah, that's really not Atalanta's character in the myth. She remained a virgin for a time because she just liked it that way (except maybe for that time with the Argonauts), until a certain man (Melanion/Hippomenes) managed to outsmart her in a challenge and she admitted his "strategy" works and willing to marry him after (Melanion did all that "cheating to win" because he genuinely like her, btw). She loves her husband and has a son called Parthenopaeus.

The writer took so much liberty with the Atalanta figure that it hardly resembles her at all. Saber/Arturia might have been genderswapped but at least the Arthur character is still there mostly (even though they added things like Arthur(ia) being such a distant/alien person to his people, etc). Atalanta's character in Apoc feels like someone else. She's no fun, always super-stiff and that freakin' kid-obsession of hers. Ugh . She's playing the "straight man" to complement Achilles' easygoing personality in the show when it should've been more like the reverse if we go with the actual myth. Imagine a more playful and free-spirited Atalanta in Mordred's place. That would've been better for me. But you know, Nasuverse, Nasu-version, etc.
Old 2017-12-15, 05:12   Link #36
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
You guys, I swear... Let me break this up for you.

Nasuverse's Atalanta was left to die as a baby because her father wanted a boy. Then she's raised by Artemis to whom she vowed chastity.

She have had many adventures, included the famous journey with Jason and the Argonauts aka Heroes Dream Team.

Her exploits attracted suitors.

Ultimately she was forced to marry by her father who refused to acknowledge her achievements. Worse, the one who would win her did it with the help of Aphrodite who did so to spite Artemis.

Is it any wonder she sees adults like fcking scheming assholes and that she prefers to be in the company of children?

And lets not conveniently forget that she literally got mindraped by Loli The Ripper's mental world, where she had to confront the abject reality of a dog eat bitch world such as Victorian era London.
i know all of this...
Old 2017-12-18, 12:43   Link #37
Twi

Is there an episode 23 thread yet? Kind of want to vent about that ending there.
Old 2017-12-18, 12:52   Link #38
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Is there an episode 23 thread yet? Kind of want to vent about that ending there.
Haven't seen it yet, what part was the end?
Old 2017-12-18, 13:11   Link #39
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Haven't seen it yet, what part was the end?
There's a thread now, talk there about it.