AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-02-14, 08:29   Link #801
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Oh I forgot to mention. Re: "Why are these kids called parasites?"

While I of course can only assume, since most people seem to be in agreement that everything in this show is symbolic for something, the simplest explanation as to why they are named such is because they're children.

Last edited by Dengar; 2018-02-14 at 10:26.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 10:02   Link #802
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post

While I of course can only assume, since most people seem to be in agreement that everything in this show is symbolic for something, the simplest reason for the reason they are named such is because they're children.
Doesn't seem to make much sense given how they're also the military. As opposed to our kind of children, these are certainly doing their part to earn their share of food and shelter .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 10:24   Link #803
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Doesn't seem to make much sense given how they're also the military. As opposed to our kind of children, these are certainly doing their part to earn their share of food and shelter .
Well yes and no. And old saying is that "a baby is expensive" it takes a heck of a lot simply to get a single human child to the point that they are even able to possibly survive independently.

If you really think about it, most of these children might not even get to the point where they are piloting Franxx. Remember back a few episodes ago and they talked about all the children in the Garden? None of them are soldier/pilots. And all that care does go into raising them regardless. For every single one of these kids, they have had the best of everything, the best food, the best training, the best environment, the best education, everything laid out for them for at least 13-16 years before they actually become pilots. That's a lot of time and resources. More so than most militaries would ever give.

And what about all those who didn't make the cut, they can't pay back all those resources and time that was sunk into them. So, while it does seem a bit cold, I can see where he's getting at in regards to them being called parasites because they're children.

However, I also have the feeling that the series does have another meaning in mind in this case.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 10:27   Link #804
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, there's that. And also unborn children are parasites in the literal sense.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 11:27   Link #805
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
So, while it does seem a bit cold, I can see where he's getting at in regards to them being called parasites because they're children.

However, I also have the feeling that the series does have another meaning in mind in this case.
Well, this society is cold to them, so that would be believable. But I'm on the "different meaning" camp too IMHO, I'd be surprised if it doesn't somehow tie in with the plant motif.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 12:59   Link #806
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post

While I of course can only assume, since most people seem to be in agreement that everything in this show is symbolic for something, the simplest explanation as to why they are named such is because they're children.
What if they don't call the children themselves parasites but what's inside them? Basically the children are just vessels for the "parasites", probably something Klaxosaurus-related that makes it possible to ride the Franxxx mechas to begin with, but since those parasites are intertwined with the children forever, the children get called parasites as well to make sure nobody forgets about dangerous those children actually are. Which also might be the reason why the children aren't allowed to enter the city though I doubt it is something that can be transferred over.
Old 2018-02-14, 13:07   Link #807
kari-no-sugata II

In this world, parasites = official pilots. Hiro is not currently an official parasite.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 14:24   Link #808
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think they're "parasites" because the robots are alive somehow. They're the hosts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux Mecha View Post
that or with Tauburn or the Earth Engine from Captain Earth (both happened to be from BONES shows).
There was that fanart that presented Strelizia as Tauburn's little sister... which, come to think of it, is no bar to shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm pretty sure Zero Two isn't heartless, she's just build a wall around her due to everything she experienced. Right now, even though she calls him her Darling and seems fond of Hiro, she still hasn't really let him into her heart because she's well aware of the possibility he might die. She's careful not showing any weakness, but a lot will change if she gains a permanent partner.
I think she's just much more fatalistic than Ichigo. Ichigo still thinks there's something she, or 02, can do to save Hiro. 02 thinks (knows?) he can either pilot and probably die, or not pilot and almost certainly die.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 16:32   Link #809
PentingWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The robots are alive somehow.
because the girls are neuro-linking with the Mech during the connection process between Stamen and Pistil. In other words, the Pistil girl becomes one with the franxx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I think she's just much more fatalistic than Ichigo. Ichigo still thinks there's something she, or 02, can do to save Hiro. 02 thinks (knows?) he can either pilot and probably die, or not pilot and almost certainly die.
Well, both Ichigo and Gorou have the right to get worried about Hiro's safety, since they're his friends. But they also need to realize that is selfish for them to want to him to live the rest of his life in shame, being treated like an outcast for not being able to do the only thing that makes those children worthy. None of them experienced what he felt when he lost everything, his position as leader and as prodigy, the respect of his friends, his dream of being able to pilot the FranXX. Hiro was feeling miserable and 02 was the only person who gave him the chance to go back to be what he was before, to realize his dream. He decided that was better die happy while realizing his dream than to live while feeling helpless. That's why he never once blamed 02 for what is happening to him. She gave him the chance but he was the one who made the decision.

I found some information in another forum.

- Strelizia’s beast mode is activated when 02 devours the Stamen (when stamen is nearly dying).

- When the Pistil is piloting the franxx alone, the robot interface isn’t actived and the pistil’s body works normally.

- Hiro was really piloting Strelizia in episode 1, and He fainted getting unconscious after Strelizia gave the finishing blow, once the robot interface is active and 02 speaks via the robot interface confirming that the connection between Stamen and Pistil was active.

It must also be stressed that there is no physical contact or exchange of body fluids during the entire connection process between Stamen and Pistil, and the whole connection process between Stamen and Pistil is made mentally with stamen connecting to the Pistil's mind with the butt controls, It is also important to remember that the Pistil's body remains on stand-by and immovable during the whole connection between them, which is why Pistil communicates with Stamen via the robot interface in the monitor, evenif she right there in front of you.
PentingWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 16:45   Link #810
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by PentingWolf View Post
It is also important to remember that the Pistil's body remains on stand-by and immovable during the whole connection between them, which is why Pistil communicates with Stamen via the robot interface in the monitor, evenif she right there in front of you.
Episode 2 (when they initialize and do the training/test) would suggest otherwise.
Old 2018-02-14, 17:19   Link #811
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by PentingWolf View Post
- Strelizia’s beast mode is activated when 02 devours the Stamen (when stamen is nearly dying).
What we saw in ep1 is referred to as スタンピード・モード (stampede mode) which is explained as such:
Quote:
フランクスが操縦者の制御を離れ、形状が変形、暴走状態となった場合を指す。
Translation: Refers to the situation where the FranXX breaks away from the control of the pilot, its shape deforms and it goes on a rampage.

Source: http://darli-fra.jp/keyword/

I don't think this is particular to 02 and could happen with any FranXX - we might see it in the next ep with others, for example.

Images
press start
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by kari-no-sugata II; 2018-02-14 at 17:47.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 19:10   Link #812
PentingWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
What we saw in ep1 is referred to as スタンピード・モード (stampede mode) which is explained as such:

Translation: Refers to the situation where the FranXX breaks away from the control of the pilot, its shape deforms and it goes on a rampage.

Yes, I read that too, what happens when stamen is nearly dying. That is why ''parents'' were more or less aware of what was happening.

Quote:
I don't think this is particular to 02 and could happen with any FranXX - we might see it in the next ep with others, for example.
Yes, Probably when one of the Stamens involved are nearly dying.
PentingWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 20:05   Link #813
Twi

Quote:

Images
press start
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That panty-and-stocking art style works a little too well.
Old 2018-02-14, 23:05   Link #814
LG-MAX 2.o

Japanese Comic Ranking, February 5-11

DARLING in the FRANKXX 1 sold 42,540 totalizing 94,466 copies.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-15, 05:04   Link #815
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Btw I hear that the Chinese DiTF fans went apeshit after the ban and start reporting everything in hoping that they also get banned (Citrus, Overlord, and etc...). Thankfully they aren't successful, but the butthurt is real. The reporter who reported DiTF to the authority has his/her information posted all over the Chinese internet.
Old 2018-02-15, 05:09   Link #816
DemonneoPT

Wait, China banned this anime? O_o
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-15, 05:16   Link #817
RDNexus

It was mentioned here a few posts ago.
It seems their priorities, when it comes to banhammers, are all over the place...as usual...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-15, 05:44   Link #818
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
The reporter who reported DiTF to the authority has his/her information posted all over the Chinese internet.
Link? For research

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
It was mentioned here a few posts ago.
It seems their priorities, when it comes to banhammers, are all over the place...as usual...
Must be due to nudity
Old 2018-02-15, 06:01   Link #819
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Link? For research
That was during a day or two after the announcement, I think now the threads and the posts on weibo got deleted.

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5539691226

They are flying over to Hong Kong just to see their beloved wife (02) now, so yeah, you can just imagine the initial outburst to the announcement.
Old 2018-02-15, 06:22   Link #820
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

At least Hangzhou to HK isn't that far....