AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-27, 20:08   Link #41
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Vandread 3rd stage is the follow-up sequel to Vandread 1st & 2nd stages, referencing to points treated in the first and second stages. But, don’t get too enthusiastic because there hasn’t been any news for this project since the last four years.
To say in short, the idea behind Vandread 3rd stage was started from rumors inspired by fan fiction, that were quickly stopped by knowledgeable Vandread otakus in forum discussions. However, only one of these rumors holds on to be truth, and does not correspond exactly to that of which everyone expected. Indeed, approximately four years ago, the Japanese magazine Newtype, specialized in the updating and publishing of mangas’s previews, posted images of possible Vandread 3rd stage, called “Vandread, the Eternal Voyage”.

The story takes place twenty-five years later after Vandread the Second Stage, and has Dita’s daughter (thus certainly also Hibiki’s) and surprisingly Meia’s child also (the most plausible assumption is that she had one with Hibiki too), as the leading protagonists. The child of Dita resembles her mother quite a lot in the physical aspect, and her father (Hibiki) only because she’s got the same hair mop as he did. On the other hand, Meia’s child has long, hair strands and wears a long, dark costume resembling that of a nun. One can thus suppose that she’s the hidden child of Hibiki and Meia and lives in a kind of convent. Besides, she carries her mother’s jewel, the black headpiece device. To top it all, no one knows for sure what became of both their parents and for the rest of the Nirvana’s crew. Perhaps they died, disappeared, or quite simply they still hang around there; it’s still a mystery.

The story itself changes in radical ways than the previous one, of the Nirvana against the Harvest fleet, and which seems darker, much darker than Vandread: first & second stages. Nevertheless, this project has not given any signs of life for a long time, and GONZO has not given any hint on this subject, since then. It can be that Vandread 3rd stage had been put into sleep, and then dropped off by GONZO. It was always said that this third season would have answered a great number of mysteries.

A note for everyone who liked Pyoro, the project took it again for this story, but became much older, and its body was covered almost entirely with a long white beard. It is not a joke.
This would make Hibiki one of the better harem male leads around. He score with at least 2 of the girls. And who knows what he did with Jura and barnette who are quite a pair.
Old 2006-08-30, 17:15   Link #42
gencbiba

The only reason he did so is because he was one of the only males that the women had actual contact with.... Eventually they would have become curious and desperate to try something new....

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 17:45   Link #43
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Just finished. It was interesting. And after five years, I think it is safe to say season three was dropped. I just assume all went well and after a successful regrouping of males and females, they all realized that they can make babies without lab equipment.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 23:39   Link #44
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I want a season 3, they need to deal with Earth once and for all.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-08, 23:58   Link #45
StringsAttached

I really liked the series, and hoping for another season.

Just wanna ask anyone here know the title of the ending song in Vandread Turbulence.
StringsAttached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 07:05   Link #46
A_AQUARE

i 4 got the name of the song. but ya if season 3 comes i gotta watch it
A_AQUARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 10:45   Link #47
noodleboi123

hm.. this may be off topic, but does anyone know what is and where to get Vandread Extra Stage (manga, adaptation)?
noodleboi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 00:26   Link #48
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Just finished. It was interesting. And after five years, I think it is safe to say season three was dropped. I just assume all went well and after a successful regrouping of males and females, they all realized that they can make babies without lab equipment.
There is precedent for making a sequel to an anime series five years after the original went off the air.

Hellsing.

Too bad Hellsing is wildly popular and few people really care about Vandread.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 00:41   Link #49
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish View Post
There is precedent for making a sequel to an anime series five years after the original went off the air.

Hellsing.

Hellsing isn't a sequel it is a remake.
Old 2007-04-15, 01:20   Link #50
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish View Post

Hellsing.

Probably a better example would be Akane Maniax to KimiNozo, of course you cannot really call that a true sequel...alas, it continued from a point left off at the end of KimiNozo, therefor I guess it could fit into that category.

Suffice to say, unless something sparks Vandread's interest back in Japan, it's doubtful that a 3rd season will come out, but stranger things have happened (recent remakes of various 'classics' for example).
Old 2007-04-15, 09:31   Link #51
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

I was ok with the ending of 2nd stage, but now knowing there was a possible 3rd stage, well it just sucks. Another one to go into my list of loved anime that was never completed (Nadesico, Vandread, Stellvia, Capt Tylor (well complete but ambigous ending) and I suspect FMP s headed ths way too)
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 09:44   Link #52
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Hellsing isn't a sequel it is a remake.
Oh, is it? I never watched the new OVA.
Old 2007-04-19, 17:35   Link #53
Pygmi
Squeaky Toy Master

Location: Currently questiong for the save point in the game of life
Send a message via AIM to Pygmi Send a message via MSN to Pygmi Send a message via Yahoo to Pygmi
People should care more about Vandread this show was great.. and the fanbase would be right to get excited and push.. but alas.. tis not to be
Pygmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-14, 02:28   Link #54
Klover
Shuffle! 大好

Send a message via MSN to Klover
Erm...did someone know whether vandread have it games or not.I don't care it whether is on PS2,PS3 or XBOX360or anything.Just someone please give some info for me.I want to play after i see my Vandread CD.
Klover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 23:38   Link #55
ellifeedn
Thinker

I have to say that this is one of my all time favorite animes (didn't care too much about the manga though). I would recommend this to anyone because that philosophical talk about proving one's existance and protecting the future was so beautiful, it touched me. Aside from that, the earlier post about the children of Hibiki, what exactly was the story that went with it?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 17:41   Link #56
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klover View Post
Erm...did someone know whether vandread have it games or not.I don't care it whether is on PS2,PS3 or XBOX360or anything.Just someone please give some info for me.I want to play after i see my Vandread CD.
Several years ago, there were a few fans that attempted to make an RPG sequel to Vandread for the PC, but as far as I know it completely died out fairly quickly.
Old 2007-08-17, 10:00   Link #57
devilhell

hey guys, i just watch vandread the 2nd time... and its still damn good.... and i finally found some information about the third stage here but sunfortunately there isnt gonna be 1... thx for da info though.... anyways, is gonzo like a japanese company or? could we do like requests from alot of people for them to make the third stage? personally, i think theres alot of directions that ending could develop from.... they could stay with the dita n hibikis daughter with meias daughter thingy and spice things up abit more to pull more audiences, and im sure with the vandread 1st n 2nd stage that good it wont be a problem getting back old fans.... and plus with the technology nowadays they could improve the animation alot.... its been like 6 years i think they could spice up the robots more.... my 2cents

wotcha guys think?
devilhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 10:55   Link #58
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilhell View Post
hey guys, i just watch vandread the 2nd time... and its still damn good.... and i finally found some information about the third stage here but sunfortunately there isnt gonna be 1... thx for da info though.... anyways, is gonzo like a japanese company or? could we do like requests from alot of people for them to make the third stage? personally, i think theres alot of directions that ending could develop from.... they could stay with the dita n hibikis daughter with meias daughter thingy and spice things up abit more to pull more audiences, and im sure with the vandread 1st n 2nd stage that good it wont be a problem getting back old fans.... and plus with the technology nowadays they could improve the animation alot.... its been like 6 years i think they could spice up the robots more.... my 2cents

wotcha guys think?
Spoken like a new member here!

Since you are new, I'll cut you some slack and go right for the throat.

The only way Gonzo and Media Factory (Damn MFI!) will make Vandread 3 is when someone comes in and drops 100 Million Yen on the table. It doesn't matter how many fans write them, money is what makes anime and money is what keeps it going. So instead of writing the companies, find whomever is the backer and ask them nicely to plunk some cash down.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 11:33   Link #59
NakedAngelX

Never knew there was a 3rd season in planning! Vandread's one of my favourite mecha haha, liked its story a whole lot. The cheerful atmosphere's suprisingly good.
Old 2008-04-07, 19:00   Link #60
Kalico07

Sorry to raise the dead here, just couldn't resist responding.

I've been hoping for a 3rd Stage for a long time but at this point, have given up. If there has been no word on development in the past 6 years then it's obvious Gonzo has moved onto other things. The 25 years later plot certainly was interesting to hear. I liked those picks as well. I've had them for awhile and didn't even know they were from the now defunct sequel, lol. As for Hibiki having a child with Meia along with Dita. I just have a hard time believing that would have been the case. I don't think Dita would have tolerated that. Don't mean to spoil anything here but.

SPOILER:

Remember that Bart, Hibiki, Duello, and B.C. went back to Tarak to find suitable men to serve on the Nirvana to improve cooperation between the men and the women. It would be more likely in my opinion that Meia would have hooked up with one of the new male crew members that came aboard soon after 2nd Stage. This is all speculation really.

It's sad that they never continued the series and seem to not have any plans in the near future. I really wanted to know more about the Harvest and what happened to the Earth along with more plot development with characters like Dita, Barnette and Jura.
Kalico07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance