AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-05-21, 16:57   Link #29821
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
So about that online exclusive Launcher/Sword Striker pack..

I've heard the mold is the exact same as the old MG kit, but they include some decals and they darkened the shade of the plastic color.

Is that true? I was expecting Bandai to remold the parts considering they're selling it as an online exclusive.

Oh and you think we'll see a MG Aile Strike Rouge RM Ver. any time soon? I mean it'd just be a color swap of the MG Aile Strike RM Ver.
Yes it is true so people who have an old MG strike with these packs can just swap them to the new MG Strike kit.
The fact that they are online exclusive also implies they are remolds.
Bandai have never and will never sell an item on the premium online store that consists of 100% newly molded parts.
They only ever go as far as a new weapon as long as it is released with a recoloured kit (crossbone X2, Green Marasai) or a slight mold change like Tallgeese 2's head.

Last edited by Knight-of-Gold; 2013-05-21 at 17:56.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 16:58   Link #29822
suiton629
Master Grade Master

So the online exclusive Striker Packs are new molds? O_o
People have been telling me Bandai is just reusing the molds.
Old 2013-05-21, 17:51   Link #29823
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
So the online exclusive Striker Packs are new molds? O_o
People have been telling me Bandai is just reusing the molds.
Can you not read? I said they are remolds of the existing packs.
Old 2013-05-21, 18:24   Link #29824
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
Can you not read? I said they are remolds of the existing packs.
Quote:
Yes it is true so people who have an old MG strike with these packs can just swap them to the new MG Strike kit.
The fact that they are online exclusive also implies they are remolds.
Bandai have never and will never sell an item on the premium online store that consists of 100% newly molded parts.
They only ever go as far as a new weapon as long as it is released with a recoloured kit (crossbone X2, Green Marasai) or a slight mold change like Tallgeese 2's head.
You are confusing him with this part
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 18:37   Link #29825
Knight-of-Gold

I cant see how anyone cant understand.....
The next line I state that Bandai has never EVER released a 100% newly molded kit as an exclusive.
Even the RG wings of light box wont contain 100% new parts, there is an action base 2 with it.
There always has to be something old packaged with an online exclusive.
Old 2013-05-21, 18:38   Link #29826
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Exactly.

1. The mold of the older Launcher/Sword packs fit but Bandai never confirmed if it was a totally new mold or just a recoloring and inclusion of some new decals.

2. You said "implies" which doesn't indicate concrete information.

3. Regardless of it being online exclusive, or not, Bandai has before reused a mold. The MG Tallgeese EW and the MG Tallgeese II (online exclusive) is a good example. But then again, the mold is pretty damn new.

What I suggest most people here to do, is to try to be less confusing and make your point. When you said, "implies they are remolds" it just adds to the confusion since you apparently was trying to say they were actually new molds, whereas in your original comment you said that it implies.

Quote:
I cant see how anyone cant understand.....
The next line I state that Bandai has never EVER released a 100% newly molded kit as an exclusive.
Even the RG wings of light box wont contain 100% new parts, there is an action base 2 with it.
There always has to be something old packaged with an online exclusive.
You're comparing an Action Base to a GunPla kit?
It doesn't work that way buddy.
Old 2013-05-21, 19:01   Link #29827
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
Exactly.

1. The mold of the older Launcher/Sword packs fit but Bandai never confirmed if it was a totally new mold or just a recoloring and inclusion of some new decals.

2. You said "implies" which doesn't indicate concrete information.

3. Regardless of it being online exclusive, or not, Bandai has before reused a mold. The MG Tallgeese EW and the MG Tallgeese II (online exclusive) is a good example. But then again, the mold is pretty damn new.

What I suggest most people here to do, is to try to be less confusing and make your point. When you said, "implies they are remolds" it just adds to the confusion since you apparently was trying to say they were actually new molds, whereas in your original comment you said that it implies.

You're comparing an Action Base to a GunPla kit?
It doesn't work that way buddy.
It has been confirmed by Derringer who has direct communications with Bandai's hobby department that the striker packs are just remolds.

The action base 2 was an example that no online exclusive release has gone without using old parts from something, regardless if they are a full kit or peripherals.

I will reiterate my previous statement. There is no online exclusive release that consists of 100% new parts.
Old 2013-05-22, 06:10   Link #29828
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Remold
- reusing old parts
OR
- redoing the parts

Which do you mean?
Old 2013-05-22, 07:08   Link #29829
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
Remold
- reusing old parts
OR
- redoing the parts

Which do you mean?
Ah sorry, to clarify: Remold is the term used for just molding the same parts again.
Colour variation kits are called remolds by most people as they are the exact same parts but bandai just use different colour plastic.
The striker pack set for the MG Strike Remaster is a remold, same old parts just with a slightly different colour plastic.
The Strike RM was designed to work with all old MG Strike weapon packs, such as the Noir pack, IWSP and obvious launcher/sword packs.
Old 2013-05-22, 07:42   Link #29830
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Ah sorry, to clarify: Remold is the term used for just molding the same parts again.
Colour variation kits are called remolds by most people as they are the exact same parts but bandai just use different colour plastic.
The striker pack set for the MG Strike Remaster is a remold, same old parts just with a slightly different colour plastic.
The Strike RM was designed to work with all old MG Strike weapon packs, such as the Noir pack, IWSP and obvious launcher/sword packs.
Ok. Now I get what you're saying. It's a shame that Bandai didn't do an actual RM Ver. for the online exclusive Launcher/Sword Striker Pack, and instead just recolored the parts and I think included some additional decals.
Old 2013-05-22, 08:26   Link #29831
Zeydra
A random passerby

I think bandai's approach to the sword/launcher is fantastic, it means people like me can just buy the old set and still get a perfect strike without breaking our bank accounts.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 08:31   Link #29832
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

One of my favorite Gundams from SEED universe finally appears!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

But the V-fin is ridiculously too long compared to the original design .

Anyway, I think maknaedik won't miss this one .

_______
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
I think bandai's approach to the sword/launcher is fantastic, it means people like me can just buy the old set and still get a perfect strike without breaking our bank accounts.
Isn’t the old MG Strike Sword/Launcher set’s price still more expensive than the Exclusive Sword/Launcher pack?
Old 2013-05-22, 08:37   Link #29833
Zeydra
A random passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Didn’t the old MG Strike Sword/Launcher set’s price is still more expensive than the Exclusive Sword/Launcher pack?
Maybe, but i honestly doubt after the price hike due to being a online exclusive item there will be much, if any, difference.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 14:07   Link #29834
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
One of my favorite Gundams from SEED universe finally appears!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

But the V-fin is ridiculously too long compared to the original design .

Anyway, I think maknaedik won't miss this one .

_______
Isn’t the old MG Strike Sword/Launcher set’s price still more expensive than the Exclusive Sword/Launcher pack?
Bleh we need a model kit of this (3 potential models, this, its variant, and the Out Frame)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 15:18   Link #29835
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Not likely IMO.
I think MG Aile Strike Rouge RM is more likely.
Old 2013-05-22, 15:27   Link #29836
Providenceangle

Man I had to lol so hard at the old strike review. I thought robbert had the RM. I was like "Why does this look like a HG from 2002" Durrp lol.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 15:30   Link #29837
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
Man I had to lol so hard at the old strike review. I thought robbert had the RM. I was like "Why does this look like a HG from 2002" Durrp lol.
I believe he's doing this to prepare us for his RM Ver. review. =P Such a tease...
Old 2013-05-22, 15:50   Link #29838
Appel

Quote:
I believe he's doing this to prepare us for his RM Ver. review. =P Such a tease...
I like it! He didn't review that version yet and making reviews for both makes a comparison easier for him. Not to mention that I like it because I own the original MG Aile Strike and want to know his opinion on it^^

As for the Testament, yeah. A MG kit of that would be really awesome.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 16:08   Link #29839
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
I like it! He didn't review that version yet and making reviews for both makes a comparison easier for him. Not to mention that I like it because I own the original MG Aile Strike and want to know his opinion on it^^

As for the Testament, yeah. A MG kit of that would be really awesome.
Same here. But then again, I don't care since I never had any MG Strike kits and I order 4x of the RM Ver. of the Aile Strike Master Grade along with the online exclusive Launcher/Sword striker packs.

But I'm still excited to see rrobbert's review on the RM Ver. I think he'll get it within a week or so.
Old 2013-05-22, 17:07   Link #29840
helois

ok, founded a place where by Aegis,Red Frame and Sword Impulse..

but i've to find a free time to put money on the card and purchase them..

i go out at 7:30 and come back home at 19:00..

there is no night service in post office! XD

also Testament(too many reds lately.. XD )is fine,but if i'have to choose in Seed&co, i like Rosso Aegis..
if i love normal Aegis,i adore Rosso Aegis..
helois is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy