Notices

Old 2014-04-25, 11:03   Link #3121
ImperialFlameGod8190

ok thanks hm this should be fun
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 11:19   Link #3122
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Love those simplified faces. They keep getting funnier and funnier.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 12:23   Link #3123
Somnus
Eh?

I find it amusing that these recent posts are even considering that should Raku choose a girl at the end a negative consequence like the mafia war is going to seriously take place. Sure, it started off as a plot point but we should all know in the end it's just going to be shrugged off with a typical shounen resolution, or played off as a "joke" scene as it usually has been throughout.

Let's be serious, the most he'll have to deal with is tears and well-wishes from those shot down if anything.

Anyways, onto the chapter. Yui pretty much hit the nail on the head. Raku's gotta figure out whether he wants to know simply for the sake of knowing, or if he actually intends to follow up on the promise (whatever it may be).
Old 2014-04-25, 12:27   Link #3124
osorito

Did he really made the promise to Yui like she said? Could she know hes in love with Onodera but is in a fake relationship with Chitose.... and if so would he really fall in love with her(Yui) like she asked? If so i feel sorry for her knowing he does not love her like he promised ......
osorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 17:49   Link #3125
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Well I already thought there was some ulterior reason unrelated to the promise why Marika has a problem with Yui lol.

As for the promise - mean question, what we should really ask though is: Did he by chance make the same prkmise with all 4 girls?
You know like 'Marry me when we are adults' 'Not fair I want to marry him too' [...] - ending with him having promised it to all of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
that's pretty much the only thing left. Lets just play amusement on what happens with each of the 4 main girls (I don't include tsugumi because she doesn't have a key)

If Onodera wins- Onodera winning is the hardest scenario for Raku. because while he really likes dera he now has to somehow break up with chitoge and marika and deal with the fallout from the families. Which he clearly doesn't want otherwise he would've never agreed to the relationship (claude and tsugumi's actions would be fun but that's also a twist)

If Chitoge wins- By far the most interesting scenario for the story because now he has to decide which is more important his current feelings for onodera or the promise to chitoge. Marika loses out and a possible police and gangster/mafia war awaits. not to mention who knows how dera will act now.

If marika wins- This scenario is probably second hardest. he breaks the heart of his current love onodera and his fake gf chitoge. While the police are fine the mafia wars will continue and that would suck because he'd know the suffering is his fault.

If Yui wins- As odd as this sounds this might be the best case scenario for raku. Yui as a mafia don can arrange a meeting between the parties and work out solutions so that no war is avoided and possibly ease the tensions between the parents which is the hardest thing in this situation possibly creating peace.

So as far as I can view it Here's the scenario's for Raku from easiest to hardest
Easiest- Yui
Second easiest- Chitoge
Second hardest- Marika
hardest- Onodera
This is my evaluation and my opinion. I am on team onodera but its gonna be tough for her and I wont switch my allegiance either.

Every non Onadera ending is the hardest - because closet yandere

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 19:23   Link #3126
MAX_COLA_POWER!

If Yui would've said, I'm not going to tell you because *points to the readers* you see them? Their suffering is my enjoyment. I would be like, the author knows o.o.
Old 2014-04-26, 00:05   Link #3127
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I can't wait for the big reveal that Yui is an actual realistic don that murders people and smuggle stuff. That shit would be so cash.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 00:18   Link #3128
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
I...Anyways, onto the chapter. Yui pretty much hit the nail on the head. Raku's gotta figure out whether he wants to know simply for the sake of knowing, or if he actually intends to follow up on the promise (whatever it may be).
This. So much. And that is exactly the crux of the series ever since Marika showed up as far as I am concerned. For example, what if the person he promised were none of the ones we know, but happened to be someone else who didn't care about him at all? Or already married? Or dead? Or... etc., etc., etc.
Old 2014-04-26, 00:18   Link #3129
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I can't wait for the big reveal that Yui is an actual realistic don that murders people and smuggle stuff. That shit would be so cash.
not once in over a hundred chapters has this manga even come close to attempting to portray the underworld society as realistic so I don't think we are going to be seeing that here. I think you may want to try Sun Ken Rock if you want that though... It's pretty good. There are a few others but I love Boichi since way back.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 01:22   Link #3130
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Well as said... she managed to scare MARIKA

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-04-26, 03:03   Link #3131
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
This. So much. And that is exactly the crux of the series ever since Marika showed up as far as I am concerned. For example, what if the person he promised were none of the ones we know, but happened to be someone else who didn't care about him at all? Or already married? Or dead? Or... etc., etc., etc.
Yea; I thought about that too... from what hint she gave it looks like it the kind of girl that isnt interested in him anymore?.... is it Ruri <3

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 03:30   Link #3132
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I agree that Yui's question is getting in the right direction.

Raku has made much more memories and development with the girls since the start of the manga than he did in the past and still he is obsessed with this nostalgic vision of a childhood memory that he can't even remember properly.

The only way this would make sense to me is to get back to a former theory that was around here, saying it was a tragic incident in the past that he tried to forget but shouldn't have.

Highly speculative but the latest chapter to me feels almost as if the author wants to get this key/lock matter out of the way (for now?) as he kinda wrote himself into a corner with this overarching plot idea, that shouldn't have as much impact on the story as it does.
Old 2014-04-26, 03:36   Link #3133
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Yea; I thought about that too... from what hint she gave it looks like it the kind of girl that isnt interested in him anymore?.... is it Ruri <3
Unlikely.
As Raku explained there are 4 girls in the picture book - So we won't see any more keys or so.
Its more the he likes Onadera thing but it might not be Onadera at all,

And I know I repeat myself here but you just need to look at the key bits:

- Chitoge: Sickle Moon
- Onadera: Cross
- Marika: Heart
- Yui: Star/Pentagram

Don't ask mee why but I think there is a reason to those keybits, thats probably related to the picture book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I agree that Yui's question is getting in the right direction.

Raku has made much more memories and development with the girls since the start of the manga than he did in the past and still he is obsessed with this nostalgic vision of a childhood memory that he can't even remember properly.

The only way this would make sense to me is to get back to a former theory that was around here, saying it was a tragic incident in the past that he tried to forget but shouldn't have.

Highly speculative but the latest chapter to me feels almost as if the author wants to get this key/lock matter out of the way (for now?) as he kinda wrote himself into a corner with this overarching plot idea, that shouldn't have as much impact on the story as it does.
The locket is almost the entire plot

Old 2014-04-26, 05:16   Link #3134
ices
Working Hard

Really liked the vol. 12 cover

That was Marika right? Love to see all of the girls in their new hairstyle.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 06:44   Link #3135
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

How come Haru isn't on this cover? She was the star of the festival chapters.

Great cover ending, but volume 11's cover is still the best.
Old 2014-04-26, 09:17   Link #3136
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post

The locket is almost the entire plot
It seems for some readers, apparently, but take a look at how much paneltime it actually had.

To me the locket has always been just a recurring plot rather than the main plot whereas I see the development with the girls as the true focal point of the story.
Old 2014-04-26, 11:07   Link #3137
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
It seems for some readers, apparently, but take a look at how much paneltime it actually had.

To me the locket has always been just a recurring plot rather than the main plot whereas I see the development with the girls as the true focal point of the story.
To me, Nisekoi's fillers is the plot. Nisekoi has been a Slice of Life manga for the last 60 chapters, with occasional Rom-Com elements thrown in.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 15:34   Link #3138
Galacticichi

Looks like Komi-sensei isn't holding back anymore. With Yui's question Raku will finally start contemplating his future with the girls and this will ultimately bring the whole locket ordeal to a close.

Once he makes up his mind to choose whoever he made the promise to over Onodera then he will ask Yui to tell him everything she knows. Hopefully it isn't another dead end and he will be able to draw some idea as to who his promised girl is.

If he decides to continue liking Onodera regardless of the promise then this whole locket ordeal should be brought to a close and the only driving force to find out will be purely curiosity.

I only mention Onodera because that is who Raku truly likes as the other girls' progress with him are founded on them having a key.
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 15:48   Link #3139
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticichi View Post
Looks like Komi-sensei isn't holding back anymore. With Yui's question Raku will finally start contemplating his future with the girls and this will ultimately bring the whole locket ordeal to a close.

Once he makes up his mind to choose whoever he made the promise to over Onodera then he will ask Yui to tell him everything she knows. Hopefully it isn't another dead end and he will be able to draw some idea as to who his promised girl is.

If he decides to continue liking Onodera regardless of the promise then this whole locket ordeal should be brought to a close and the only driving force to find out will be purely curiosity.

I only mention Onodera because that is who Raku truly likes as the other girls' progress with him are founded on them having a key.
However if Onodera is the promise girl problem solved and let the fun begin
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 16:03   Link #3140
Death Usagi
Banned

I am still sticking with the theory that Raku made a promise to ALL 4 girls with keys.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life