AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-02, 20:27   Link #1041
Alavaria

Broke her um.."Panzer Hindergeist — Creates a domed shield that protects against everything in Vita's field of vision, but fails to protect against attacks coming from behind. Translated in the fansubs as "Tank Barrier"
Another time she used it the second time she fought Nanoha and Nanoha's Axel Shooter starting making little cracks in it (wasn't a dome that time, looked like a gem-like thing that surrounded her completely)
Old 2006-12-02, 20:30   Link #1042
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Yeah I'm just talking about the diagramic shields, not barriers.

Are there any official stats on the characters? Age, birthdate, all that stuff?
Old 2006-12-02, 21:47   Link #1043
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
Broke her um.."Panzer Hindergeist"
You combined two shields there hehe. I believe Vita has Panzer Hindernis (Tank Barrier), and Signum has Panzer Geist (Armor Spirit).

And K-Fan, as far as official ages go, I only know that in A's; Nanoha was 8, Chrono was 14, Amy was 16, Alph is 2 (but "adult form" is meant to look 16 years old), Vita is supposed to look 6 or 7, Signum is supposed to look 19, Shamal is supposed to look 22, and Zaphira is supposed to look 20.

Last edited by Maximum Burst; 2006-12-02 at 22:01.
Old 2006-12-02, 21:57   Link #1044
Alavaria

I blame the stupid Wiki thing.. I thought it sounded different....
Old 2006-12-02, 22:37   Link #1045
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I always thought Signum looked older than Shamal. Guess I'm just influenced by their behaviors.
Old 2006-12-03, 00:40   Link #1046
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Nanoha... having seen a little into the newly released part of the comic, I thought of only one Heinz Guderian over her specialization with tactical doctrines, weapon R&D and her whole focus of mobility. The picture with her holding a buster rifle gun just cements that in.

Now where's her funnels?

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-12-03, 00:49   Link #1047
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Nanoha... having seen a little into the newly released part of the comic, I thought of only one Heinz Guderian over her specialization with tactical doctrines, weapon R&D and her whole focus of mobility. The picture with her holding a buster rifle gun just cements that in.

Now where's her funnels?

The funnels belong to Providence Hayate.

Chibi Renage Funnel System
Old 2006-12-03, 00:57   Link #1048
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

But a certain white devil has'em on the nu Gun***...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-12-03, 05:26   Link #1049
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Burst View Post
You combined two shields there hehe. I believe Vita has Panzer Hindernis (Tank Barrier), and Signum has Panzer Geist (Armor Spirit).

And K-Fan, as far as official ages go, I only know that in A's; Nanoha was 8, Chrono was 14, Amy was 16, Alph is 2 (but "adult form" is meant to look 16 years old), Vita is supposed to look 6 or 7, Signum is supposed to look 19, Shamal is supposed to look 22, and Zaphira is supposed to look 20.
Hmm, weren't Nanoha and Fate 9 years old? That's how it goes in the comics...

I think you took 1 year off everyone
Old 2006-12-03, 05:35   Link #1050
JediNight
キズランダム

The "looks like" ages are way different than what the studio says they are supposed to be *shrug*

Technically 3rd grade is 8 years old...

IMHO this is how I see the ages of everyone: Nanoha 11, Fate 12, Chrono 13, Amy 17, Vita 9, Signum 21, Shamal 26, Alph human-form 19, Zaphira 25.
Old 2006-12-03, 06:06   Link #1051
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Shamal 26
i know that shes the mother figure but 26 is too much imo >.<
she doesnt seem that much off from Signum so about 22-23 i guess

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-03, 07:00   Link #1052
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Technically 3rd grade is 8 years old...
8 at start of school year, 9 by end of school year.

Given that the Japanese school year starts in spring and Ace's is set in December time-frame it wouldn't be surprising for most of the "3rd graders" to be 9.
Old 2006-12-03, 07:55   Link #1053
JediNight
キズランダム

My point was more that most of the characters in the show look off by far more than 1 year to their stated age.
Old 2006-12-03, 08:26   Link #1054
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Hmm, weren't Nanoha and Fate 9 years old? That's how it goes in the comics...

I think you took 1 year off everyone
I got my information from the Japanese wikipedia article, except for Chrono, Amy, Vita, and Zaphira. I got their ages from the DVD bonus things.
Old 2006-12-03, 12:36   Link #1055
Alavaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
The funnels belong to Providence Hayate.
Chibi Renage Funnel System
Nanoha has Axel Shooter - 12 balls worth. That should be funnel-ish..
Old 2006-12-03, 18:24   Link #1056
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I find it's generally a bad idea to even compare ages of anime characters. Reason being, to make the shows appealing the ages usually never match their personality, yet to keep fanservice in check the appeareances can't match the ages either.
Old 2006-12-03, 21:00   Link #1057
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Actually, I was playing with stats with that one fanart where all the characters are lined up, and the girls are all very short for their ages. That or Reinforce and Lindy are like 6 feet tall and Zaphira is a freaking giant.
Old 2006-12-04, 06:23   Link #1058
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Zafira is probably and almost certainly one of the tallest characters in A's.
Old 2006-12-04, 07:38   Link #1059
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I think Zaphira and Precea come in as the tallest people in the series. So if you gauge of them and, say, Vita who's likely the shortest, it'd likely work out somehow.
Old 2006-12-04, 15:48   Link #1060
Petco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ disturbing innit!?

and wtf is with the "4kids" sign on the image? its bad enough making the title sound baby but the plot is a lot deeper than any 9yrs old kid can understand and fully appreciate T_T
Ok, this is a late post, but if 4Kids or any other station takes Nanoha and dubs it. Then we might as well have an entirely new series, a kiddy series that is.

Instead of Fate getting whipped by her mom, you'd see her mom just say nasty things to her like "Fate you're worthless", then Fate would cry and then Precia would leave. Arf would come(in her chibi form or so, this is censored) and say "Wow I can't believe she called you worthless, I knew it we should have not come to see her".

Besides censorship, dubs kill part of the show too. No more Nanoha combining Japanese and Engrish for awesomeness, no more anyone combining those two languages together in one sentences .

The top paragraph leads me to another statement, Nanoha would be "good to go" on something like 'Adult Swim'. That's the perfect place to put Nanoha, the thing is they really need to have subs or it really degrades the show a bit.

Of course, they're better off starting with the second season of Nanoha and saying that they're starting with the second season of Nanoha to viewers. Since Nanoha season 1 starts off pretty much just like another "kiddy" magical girl series until episode 4, and season 2 starts right off the bat.

@Deathkillz: 26 is not old at all, you can still look like you've just graduated highschool(17-18 years) and be in the 30s. One of my friends is 28 and he looks like he's 19 or so(many people mistake his age).

Is there a Nanoha IRC channel btw?

Last edited by Petco; 2006-12-04 at 16:17.
Closed Thread