AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2011-05-25, 22:24   Link #8161
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

M'yeah... and killing off a new character would be also a very weird, if not a stupid choice.

I guess that it's just as we initially assumed, that Nagi lost the competition.

Last edited by Rah; 2011-05-26 at 00:31.
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 07:26   Link #8162
AnimeFangirl

Luca doesn't die, she just gets all worked up and tries to commit suicide by jumping from the top of that building. Nagi runs up to try and talk her out of it.
Old 2011-05-26, 07:53   Link #8163
Rah

@Dor

Ahahahaha! Hata wouldn't dare do something THAT depressing. Besides, that would totally send out the wrong message. Some kid might think that suicide is cool. Lolz...

Wait...

Yakuza gangsters that are aiming for your organs.

Never mind.
Old 2011-05-26, 09:29   Link #8164
Mentar
Banned

Now with the chapter out, and with all parts translated, my appreciation for it has even increased: For a declared Hina-fan like me, I'd say that this is the most beautiful chapter of hers since walking out on the Hayate-Athena reunion.

Why? Because it showcases Hina's primary character trait I find so endearing: Her willingness and ability to genuinely help others, and to make a real difference doing so. After countless chapters of messing around with her feelings towards Hayate and her problems in dealing with them, finally a genuine "back to the roots" chapter. Now give her back her usual confident-optimistic smile, and I'd happily trade any romance with the butler dork for it

Notable details: Within two chapters, Luca came from Hinagiku-san to Hinagiku to Hina.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 12:04   Link #8165
Sol Falling

Heh. A great chapter--is it sadism? is it moe? Luca was extremely cute for me the way she kept getting shocked and psyched herself up to receive Hina's advice for her. That sure was some straight-to-the-point advice though; I can really sympathize with Luka, 'cause for these sorts of things it's definitely the truth that is the most painful. I agree--this was a really good chapter for Luca and Hina.

:P I gotta admit though, and maybe I'm alone in this, but I'm kinda concerned here that Nagi seems to be being set up for a fall with her manga/this competition. I really like Luka and all, but honestly I also want to see Nagi succeed through proper effort and determination. If you guys are correct about Nagi falling behind here, to be frank I'll be a little disappointed. So, here's hoping that Nagi also begins to pull something together respectably from my corner at least.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 23:02   Link #8166
Xacual

Well I'm not expecting Nagi to have this amazing instant sell out doujin, but I am expecting them to have something that sells at least half and surprises some of the characters that pick it up. I think they are doing 50 copies or something right? I should probably reread some of these chapters.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 18:49   Link #8167
Shadow5YA

322 is out.

Spoiler for ch322: Hayate brags:

What a great way to reference the upcoming movie.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 20:01   Link #8168
GDB

Okay, someone called this predicament coming out of the previous chapter, but I can't recall who and don't feel like looking back to see who it was, but grats to whoever it was.

Gotta love Ayumu's brass honesty, too. And it should be obvious, but the "next issue" month is a typo. It should be June, not July.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 01:30   Link #8169
Rah

Oh God, I think I just died of MOE overdose. I am a little bit unsatisfied by it, though. Nagi is delusional again. Is her pride getting in the way? Ayumu really is a bad influence. Gotta love her. Thumbs up for the awesome provocation. Ahahaha...

And just like a few of us guessed, Luca really was overworked, which is a very good thing indeed. The last thing we needed was for her to have some crazy disease. Hayate will have to take care of her. Nothing new there. Everyone anticipated as much. The question that remains is how, where, and when!

Will he have to go over to her apartment every day to care for her, or will Luca move with them? Will Nagi agree to such a deal? Won't it be impossible for him to take care of her if she lives that far away? I'm starting to get concerned for Hayate's health, and that's saying something. Lol...

Yeah, no joke here. He already sleeps but an hour per day. Maybe that's what Maria is for, right? She could help him immensely with his workload if he'll have to hop around the place. But how much endurance does she have? I doubt that she can sleep for an hour per day like him.

I see no way other than bringing Luca with them. Hayate still needs to tell her that he's a guy...

Hahahaha, what a mess. It's gonna be epic. I bet that he'll totally forget, and that it's gonna be revealed by accident. Either in the bath or in the bedroom.

And honestly, the girls should appreciate more Hayate's help. I mean, sure, they're paying for it, but he's sacrificing so much for them. At least give him 2 hours of sleep per day.

xDDD
Old 2011-05-30, 01:48   Link #8170
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Either in the bath or in the bedroom.
*decloaks*

i vote for the bathroom

*cloaks*
Old 2011-05-30, 02:24   Link #8171
Rah

Don't forget that it's just a possibility. It would certainly make things more interesting than if he simply told her. It would be funny if he tried to maintain his disguise while serving the others as well.

Wake up, help Hina, crossdress, help Luca, undress, help Haru, Nagi, and lastly Athena (I think I got the waking up order right. Correct me if I'm wrong). And then go to school, be called by Luca to help with a gig she has in a few hours. Hurriedly crossdress again (borrow Hina's clothes again, lol), run to her, help, be called to help Nagi cuz she got in trouble and broke a printer at a copy shop, forget to undress, go there crossdressed...

Get looked at with pitying eyes. Realize his mistake. Despair.

Ahahahaha!

But Hata sure is stalling with the whole deal. At this point it makes me wonder if Luca will ever find out his real gender.

@___@
Old 2011-05-30, 06:00   Link #8172
Mentar
Banned

Sad chapter for Nagi. Whoever hoped for Nagi growth should be sorely disapponted by now... to be honest, I am. But as long as Hata won't let her grow up at least a bit, I don't see how the show can go anywhere.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 06:30   Link #8173
Rah

She might come to her senses, or at least be persuaded to print a more reasonable amount of copies. Surely she won't let her delusions of grandeur go to her head because of Ayumu's petty remark. I mean, not at this point. She doesn't even have a page of the manga done and she's already thinking that far ahead? That's just impossible. Ahaha...
Old 2011-05-30, 08:16   Link #8174
madmac

Quote:
Sad chapter for Nagi. Whoever hoped for Nagi growth should be sorely disapponted by now... to be honest, I am. But as long as Hata won't let her grow up at least a bit, I don't see how the show can go anywhere.
Eh, she's already grown quite a bit, even with her backsliding in the last two chapters. Her speech to Hayate before entering the con the first time was impressive growth by itself, and she hasn't veered away from wanting to do this thing without relying on him.

Besides, the flash forward already made it clear she was going to fail the first time in some respect, now we're just finally seeing what causes it. Mostly a combination of inexperience, listening to the wrong people, and her own stubborn pride, from the looks of it.

Nagi will come out of this humiliated, but it'll just make her more determined to succeed in the long run. Her little body is mostly powered by rage, after all.

(That's not to say I'm not a little disappointed too, especially if she just keeps on backsliding, but this particular setback was more or less anticipated.)
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 11:39   Link #8175
The Sandman

Nagi's 13. Making stupid mistakes due to inexperience and stubborn pride comes with the territory.
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 14:48   Link #8176
AnimeFangirl

Don't worry, the cost of printing 1,000 copies should bring her back to earth soon enough.
Old 2011-06-07, 06:58   Link #8177
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
Don't worry, the cost of printing 1,000 copies should bring her back to earth soon enough.
I doubt it. She was perfectly fine with throwing away her inheritance, and she wasn't really worried about making money afterwards.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 07:36   Link #8178
AnimeFangirl

Chapter 323. I want my 10 minutes back.
Spoiler for hmph:

Btw, Hayate's going to drop dead if he continues like this.
Old 2011-06-07, 08:03   Link #8179
Rah

I disagree with that. Luca is a new character and the main focus of this whole arc. She's quite the welcome addition to the manga in my eyes. But don't worry, you'll get plenty of Nagi as well. After all, she's her rival, so she's guaranteed to have more chapters dedicated to her. For now this is all good. I quite liked the chapter.

I'll just copy part of my post from MF here, since I don't have anything else to add for the moment.

Quote:
Anyways, it was a pretty cool chapter, depicting the prelude of Hayate's early death. Figuratively speaking, of course. His day is a total mess. He has to take care of so many things right now. And finally. FINALLY he decided to reveal his true gender to Luca. I might be kind of disappointed that he's doing it quite normally. No misunderstandings as of yet. Perhaps there will be. You never know... but still...

And instead of living at the Violet Mansion with the rest of the girls, he's going over to Luca's place. That isn't a very good idea. I believe that Luca will eventually come to live with the rest of them, but until certain events unfold, he'll just have to bear with it for the moment.

And by certain events I mean the overworking of Hayate. He's really, really, really frekkin' pushing it. He might end up worse than Luca. Especially because he can endure the stress for so much longer.

Now I hope that everything goes well in the next chapter. There could still be a misunderstanding. Like, for example, Hayate saying, or Luca assuming (and totally cutting him off at every opportunity) that he's the twin brother of Hayate, Hayata-kun.

Lol...
I really can't wait for next week's chapter. It's gonna be epic. I might just die from Luca's reaction. Here's hoping that it's gonna be moe overdose! Or even that she falls in love with him! More rivalry!!

xDDD

Oh yeah, one more thing that I wonder. Did Hayate go to her place dressed in his usual butler attire on purpose, or was it a mistake? Perhaps the effects of overwork are already starting to show? Hrmm... naw, somehow I doubt that Hayate would do that. He's not the type to fail like that. But you never know...

Any Japanese readers here? Could you be so kind to clarify this?
Old 2011-06-07, 09:11   Link #8180
Used Can

Fun enough, I thought the exact same thing. He'll probably say he's Hayate's twin brother or something.

Anyway, it was never said Hayate went there using his butler uniform by mistake. Although, the dialogue boxes did say these were exhausting days for Hayate, but all the same, he went there wearing his butler uniform on the first day. My guess is he's got very little time to actually change clothes, that he simply went there wearing his butler uniform. I also don't think he expected to meet Luca. In fact, in the author comment in the final page it says "Why is Luca here so early in the morning?".

Tags
comedy, shounen