AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-22, 04:18   Link #4241
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I completed Yuma, Shirayuki and the True route of Gleamgarden.
Yeah, I managed to overcome my inital hesitation.
The non-spoilers: Gleamgarden had imho an balanced mix between the gloomy/dark-ish aspects and the happy "school life" parts in the common route. The grim aspects did make me gulp and go "eeek". The few "other point of views" scenes were quite good and made you hate Youhei (the "best friend" of MC) as soon as possible *lol*. Shirayuki's route was overall quite good, but her ultimate drama was veeery heavy and made you hate also one other character

The true route: By itself quite sad, based on the information of Shirayuki's route, the ultimate conclusive route and a - for me - surprise turnout concerning our dear MC. Yet, it didn't end/take care of all points I had hoped. I felt sad for mystery-girl and all the shiz that happed to her .
Old 2013-10-22, 10:24   Link #4242
Wigwams

Im playing yumina the ethereal atm. i have cleared the game dungeons till lvl 90. are there more to do? like reach 100? the epilogue seems to say its over, but also hint for more...
Old 2013-10-31, 00:49   Link #4243
Aer0gam3r

Recently finish Karumaruka Circle. To be honest, I found it quite the chore to play through. The true route was alright, but I found that the individual routes were a train wreck.

What interests me is that I seem to be one of the rare people who found the game to be quite bad. I've seen a lot more positive feedback in regards to the game.
Old 2013-10-31, 02:57   Link #4244
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I have started to play the latest whirlpool title Usotsuki ouji-sama to nayameru o-hime-sama. The general theme itself is quite enjoyable, imho, but the MC is one of the weaker ones. A typical case of when his denseness is being rubbed in the reader's face too often/at each opportunity in at least Izumi's route. And he's quite the hetare in terms of moving the relationship to the next levels. In most everydays situation he's really alright, though.
Spoiler for not really a spoiler, but just in case:
Maybe I'm imaginating things, but that seems below the average .
Anyway: Riina's route has been quite lovely despite all my rants. It's very adorable how attached she became to the MC .
I hope in general that all late-game drama will be kept as painless as possible.

Next to it, I also am 3/4 way through Akatoki. It may have a lot of cliché power-up moments, but I enjoy every moment of the VN. The OST is great, the characters are extremly likeable (Rinko as the girl with the most perverted mind of them all *lol*). And Kururiku from the antagonists is always good for a laugh. Only Lily's route remains before the grand route opens.
Old 2013-11-01, 08:31   Link #4245
thebumdowntheroad
Here is Chesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
Spoiler for :

haven't really found VN with this much lovely icha2
Here to give too much detail on the original question and this answer for Tsujidou-san no Virgin Road:

Spoiler for :

Last edited by thebumdowntheroad; 2013-11-01 at 08:38. Reason: changed something to "was satisfied with 2000"
thebumdowntheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 18:08   Link #4246
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I actually finished Natsu no Osananajimi, Fuyu no Kanojo a while back, but forgot about it in my last post.
Anyway: A very normal and soothing Visual Novel with a likeable female cast and drama moment that were kept so short you hardly noticed them (a big plus for me).
My personal favorite route was Hikari: nephrite did a really great job with her german origin and her occational german phrases, which were also correctly used . Her "shuuun"-time as an opposite reaction to her tsun-moments is one of the most adorable things *lol*. For some reason I kept thinking that her name was Mizu due to her Kanji name being exactly that
Spoiler for Hikari Ending/epilogue:

Don't try it if you are looking for an actual story, though, because the general theme is more about making memories than your usual plot.

And I completed next to Akatoki, Shirley's route of Amairo Islenauts. I had a good share of laughs, *hngh*-moments and the final "drama" resolution made me shed tears for how touching it was, to me.
As for Akatoki: The grand route had awesome moments, but had also its weaker parts or rather not all the developments I wished for.

Finished Izumi's route of Usotsuki ouji-sama. Meh. I was pretty disappointed. The drama was too absurd for its own good and ultimately nothing got really resolved. Heck, the core problem of Izumi's issue were never really brought up. I mean, I'm glad for her happy end, but on a "global" view it's a slap in the face.
I'm really split whether to play the other routes or just let it be. Based on Izumi's route, a weak title from whirlpool

Last edited by Mahou; 2013-11-03 at 08:20.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 00:58   Link #4247
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Bringing my old classic topic back up to ask a simple question to those who may know the answer:
Ever since ShopHimeya closed down I've been stumped on finding an online store that delivers Ero-games to the U.S. while also still having a decent selection, about the only one that looks to have some potential is Amazon Japan....BUT they don't ship outside of Japan...Is there perhaps a way around that?
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 06:47   Link #4248
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Bringing my old classic topic back up to ask a simple question to those who may know the answer:
Ever since ShopHimeya closed down I've been stumped on finding an online store that delivers Ero-games to the U.S. while also still having a decent selection, about the only one that looks to have some potential is Amazon Japan....BUT they don't ship outside of Japan...Is there perhaps a way around that?
Amiami had a decent selection of eroges and they seem to ship worldwide

Or you could use a proxy site if you were aiming for a specific shop bonus
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 16:29   Link #4249
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
Im playing yumina the ethereal atm. i have cleared the game dungeons till lvl 90. are there more to do? like reach 100? the epilogue seems to say its over, but also hint for more...
If you haven't get the true route you can do that. If you have done that you could try the sequel Corona. But don't think it's translated or planned to be translated. Also the story and gameplay is a lot weaker than Yumina
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 17:45   Link #4250
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Amiami had a decent selection of eroges and they seem to ship worldwide

Or you could use a proxy site if you were aiming for a specific shop bonus
Yup, personally, I order most games from Japanese online retailers like Sofmap, Getchu, Trader, AmpNet, etc. and have them forwarded through Tenso. This does add to the cost, but gives the possibility of getting some very nice bonus items. If it's just a matter of finding a store that ships the games, Amiami is likely your best bet now, and they do sometimes have bonus items as well (like telecards).
Old 2013-11-14, 19:48   Link #4251
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I have been powerplaying Yumina the Etheral as well the past few days and am on my Very-Hard-route (Yumina) chapter 6. Overall I find it enjoyable. The general humour suits my poorly developed sense (of humor), the OST has a handful of nice tracks and I enjoy most characters. Similarly, characters who are made to be jerks make you really hate them *lol*

The meh-parts? - The battles can be a bit tiresome after 2 runs, but thanks to ctrl speeding it up, it's not as I originally feared.
- The romance aspect seems also very poor. Kirara did have an earlier development (by the h-scene), but it didn't feel that natural(?) somehow. Ai wasn't sooo much better with it all being put in the last chapter together with the normal story-finale.

The in-between: - The endings are by itself okay-ish, but can feel rather sudden. I don't know what could have been done differently as the conflict was resolved afterall. But again, that was mostly a concern with Ai's route.
- Another point: Yumina's stupdidness. I know that I complain about that aspect also in other VNs when it's the MC being affected, but it's something I find strange to see as funny or interesting. In Yumina's case, at least, she has her (useless) efforts going for her, but seriously the writers could have made her a bit less useless outside of her failing grades. As such, the everyone-trolls-Yumina scenes range from being funny to painful

And I played Aozora Stripe: For some strange reason I cannot venture into Satsuki's route despite having followed the walkthrough step-by-step. Instead, I got into Misato's (which I planned to do afterwards).
Old 2013-11-15, 02:59   Link #4252
DingoEnderZOE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yup, personally, I order most games from Japanese online retailers like Sofmap, Getchu, Trader, AmpNet, etc. and have them forwarded through Tenso. This does add to the cost, but gives the possibility of getting some very nice bonus items. If it's just a matter of finding a store that ships the games, Amiami is likely your best bet now, and they do sometimes have bonus items as well (like telecards).
Ah so ordering through a proxy is pretty much the best option if you want the whole selection of games then? Hmm that's going to a new experience for me...
Old 2013-11-15, 03:05   Link #4253
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Ah so ordering through a proxy is pretty much the best option if you want the whole selection of games then? Hmm that's going to a new experience for me...
Well, AmiAmi has a good selection too, but going through a proxy of one sort or another will let you get the best bonus goods. It depends on what you're after. (The way I figure it personally, if I'm already spending this much money, why not spend a little bit extra and get some goodies.)

There are basically two sorts of proxy services. Those where they order on your behalf, and those where you handle the order and have it sent to the address they provide to you. Tenso is the latter.
Old 2013-11-15, 03:38   Link #4254
DingoEnderZOE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, AmiAmi has a good selection too, but going through a proxy of one sort or another will let you get the best bonus goods. It depends on what you're after. (The way I figure it personally, if I'm already spending this much money, why not spend a little bit extra and get some goodies.)

There are basically two sorts of proxy services. Those where they order on your behalf, and those where you handle the order and have it sent to the address they provide to you. Tenso is the latter.
Hmmm okay one final question, if I were to say order something from Getchu or Amazon Japan would I be able to use my american debit card or Paypal card so long as I put the address of the area the proxy site gives me down in my order?

To put it in simpler terms(I tend to over type), Am I able to use American Credit cards on these sites just so long as I use a Japan address?
Old 2013-11-15, 03:49   Link #4255
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Been going back to and playing Yumina (well, juggling that and Warframe).

I think Skyrim has spoiled me; I completely skipped over old school dungeon crawlers in the style Yumina emulates (hell, I didn't even play Pathways into Darkness, which was half tile crawler, half shooter) due to growing up in a jungle in the middle of nowhere and having very little access to games... and so by the time I really got into gaming it was 2011 and I was playing Skyrim. So I think that might be why I don't really care for Yumina's crawling. (also the lack of quicksave.)

Combat is initially fun, but started to get a bit draggy and boring. Mind, that was something that was easily rectified by turning the BGM down and running the SRW OGs OST in foobar in the background. So Close, Yet So Far makes combat a lot more epic.

I do like how combat has to manage elemental values and audience approval; it's a little tricky, but once you get the hang of it, it's actually quite intuitive.

Still, while it's fine enough, I find that if I have to compare Yumina grinding and Warframe grinding, I'll pick Warframe. But I plan to finish it, if only for the story.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 17:08   Link #4256
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Hmmm okay one final question, if I were to say order something from Getchu or Amazon Japan would I be able to use my american debit card or Paypal card so long as I put the address of the area the proxy site gives me down in my order?

To put it in simpler terms(I tend to over type), Am I able to use American Credit cards on these sites just so long as I use a Japan address?
In principle, you can use any card that functions as a regular credit card (VISA/MasterCard/etc.). On Amazon JP, you will enter the card's real billing address in the billing section, and just change the shipping address. Most other Japanese online retailers do not ask for a billing address separate from the shipping address, because the Address Verification System does not generally work in Japan. So in those cases, you just provide the shipment address (provided by the proxy service).

There are some Japanese retailers that require your card be enrolled in the MasterCard SecureCode/Verified By Visa program to work, but this is usually something that will be activated automatically the first time you try to use it, or you can request it through your card-issuing bank.
Old 2013-11-15, 22:38   Link #4257
meganyot

I just finished Hatsuyuki Sakura, but I think I missed one detail. I put it inside the spoiler tag to be safe.

Spoiler for question:
meganyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 07:12   Link #4258
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganyot View Post
I just finished Hatsuyuki Sakura, but I think I missed one detail. I put it inside the spoiler tag to be safe.

Spoiler for question:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-11-16, 09:27   Link #4259
meganyot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Oh, right
Is natsuyume nagisa comparable to hatsuyuki sakura? I seem to run out of VNs that I want to read after completing hatsuyuki sakura and dropping baldr zero
meganyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 09:35   Link #4260
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganyot View Post
Oh, right
Is natsuyume nagisa comparable to hatsuyuki sakura? I seem to run out of VNs that I want to read after completing hatsuyuki sakura and dropping baldr zero
Natsuyume Nagisa is very good and in some ways similar (likable characters, nice individual routes, tearful moments and a strong true route) to Hatsuyuki Sakura because it has the same writer.

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel